The Last Straw of Humanity

in Roleplaying

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 2 April 2017 at 10:52 PM

The year is 2075. The population of the world has almost topped 9 billion. There is barely enough resources to sustain everyone's demands. Oil has finally ran out. Food supplies are cut, therefore everyone has been rationed. The world has fallen into a free for all war. Thieves are commonplace. Thousands of cities have been bombed. A few larger cities are competing to rule the whole world, as they can no longer get along. To keep the population down, they're making all crime legal killing those who would be jailed otherwise. North Korea, Russia, and the USA have launched Nukes, killing billions. Humanity as a whole is falling to it's knees. World powers are still competing to rule the world. About half the world has become unlivable.
There are a few refugee camps here and there, but every once in a while, they'll be hunted down.
You and everyone else with powers stayed out of harms way....for now. You've ran out of food in your shelter. There is barely anyone left in your town but a few survivors and some passerby thieves. There are so many thieves running around the world that the government can't control all of them. You'll have to get out of your comfort zone in order to survive til the governments still standing come to their senses. Keep in mind that there are plenty of ways to get killed. Radiation levels are dangerously high in some areas near yours. Luckily for you, some thieves are just desperate people seeking resources, and therefore easy to take out if you have the right skills. Weak animals exposed to radiation have died. Stronger ones, however, have become mutant, seeking flesh. The government has successfully cut down the population drastically, but this has affected the whole planet. Less than 25 million people remain. You and everyone else with powers are a few of them, and you must survive til the world can move on from this and rebuild.

Rules:
-No godmodding, metagaming, bunnying, or over powered characters. For those of you that don't know what bunnying is, it's controlling someone else's characters.
-Keep it PG-13
-Humans only
-DEATH IS P E R M A N E N T.
-Please keep swearing minimal and censor it if you do
-Killing/dying is obviously allowed
-You may only have up to 5 roles. Remember, when this took place, there were 9 billion people in the world. Less than a 9th of them have survived.
-If your powers are related in some way (EG. Fire manipulation and lava creation), you may have two powers.

Form:

Name:
Personality:
Appearance:
Power:
Weaknesses:
Other:

Me roles:

Name: Hope
Personality: Kind, honest, friendly, gullible, easily frightened
Appearance: https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/3e/a1/56/3ea156fcd78d8c7e139ebbb5efbb9b82.jpg
Power: Telekinesis
Weaknesses: The heavier the object is, the harder it is to lift or move. At least one of her hands must be free to use her power.
Other: x

Character List:

Hope, 16, F, Telekinesis, Sheepfox
Dawn, 16, F, Plant Manipulation, Panda9983
Faith, 16, F, Fire Manipulation, Panda9983
John, 16, M, Poison, Faressain
Storm, 18, F, Weather/Temperature Manipulation, Emeraldstar
Spring, 11, F, Communication w/ Animals, Emeraldstar
Alix, 13, F, Water Manipulation & Becoming Transparent, Lailaluckyseal87

Graveyard:

None yet!

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 2 April 2017 at 11:32 PM

@sheepfox No weaknesses?

Name: Dawn
Personality: A patient girl, she is calm during every situation. She is also a positive, cheerful girl who is ready to do work. The down side is that she is rather shy.
Appearance: Strawberry blond hair that is always pinned up in a bun. Dawn has sparkling blue eyes. She wears a white T-shirt and a blue working pants. Her sneakers are black.
Power: THe ability to grow and manipulate plants.
Weakness: Growing plants will tire her and she can be burnt by fire easily.

Name: Faith
Personality: Kind, gentle, friendly, caring yet very firm. She can be strict, inherited from her parents. The good thing is she also inherited her parent's wisdom and honesty.
Appearance: Red hair and warm brown eyes. Wears a white shirt and a navy skirt. She has blue and black running shoes.
Power: Fire manipulation and creation
Weakness: Water can kill her, but she can asorb electricity because fire is after all, energy.

Male
584 posts

faressain • 3 April 2017 at 10:08 AM

@sheepfox I'm doing duality in terms of that.

Name:John Trebonth
Personality:
Appearance: White t-shirt with dark-gray skull printed it, Black-Green-Black-White-Blue striped hoodie, royalblue jeans and black boots. Wears also black jacket, gray hat and dark-blue scarf, along with broken by something unknown glasses. Light skintone, medium height yet slightly overweight, has green eyes and dark, short hair with growing beard and moustache.
Power: Poison.
Strengths: Trebonth is a little more resistant to cold and pain due to thick fat, also his venom, stored within' his hand is actually deadly for enemies, but he's immune to it. He also can see things by it's heat.
Weakness: Trebonth is slower, also, he can't hear and see well as well. Aside from it, he can't handle items properly, since these slip easily from his hands. Also, he can only poison by focusing on thing he want to kill (Which may backfire at other humen by handshakes).
Other: Unknown past...

1,031 posts

emeraldstar • 3 April 2017 at 11:59 AM

@sheepfox

Name: Storm
Personality: Independant, rebellious, feisty.
Appearance: Waist length purple hair with black streaks, bright yellow eyes. She is tall. Storm wears a purple hoodie and always keeps the hoodie up. She wears black trainers and black ripped jeggings.
Powers: Weather and Temprature.
Weakness: Lava, fire and people with Light manipulation. Also, she is weak to things going wrong too.
Other: Yellow isn't her real eye colour, she wears contacts.

Name: Spring
Personality: Sweet, girly, pretty. Is actually extremely intelligent.
Appearence: Spring has waist length cotton candy pink hair, blue eyes and loads of freckles. She usually wears a pink checkered dress, tall white socks and pink shoes.
Powers: Animal communication and she can whistle and animals will often come to her aid.
Weakness: Darkness, the Winter, the cold and snow.
Other: Storm's younger sister.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 3 April 2017 at 3:46 PM

(this is from another RP so it doesn't fit your exact)

Name: Alix

Species: Ice Demon

Origin: Iszlifia

Appearance: Alix has icy blue hair that falls down 5" below her shoulder. She is 5'7" and has long legs. Her eyes are a deep blue like the midst of the ocean. She has naturally pale skin and finds it impossible to tan. Her lips are normal size and are a deep red naturally. She has a small scar above her eye from when her old pet once attacked her. Her icy blue hair is tipped and fades at the very bottoms (Like the last 2 cm) into a bleached white color.

Clothing: Right now Alix is wearing a knee-high wavy dress that matches her hair color. She has no shoes on.

Alix normally wears a thin leather jacket with black leggings and boots. Her jacket can button but she normally leaves it unbuttoned with a blue shirt that is a little darker than her hair. Her boots raise off the grounds at the heels by a few centimeters. They are black with little dirt on them. Alix has a cloak that she can make appear whenever she wants. Her cloak can either be black, white, or a blue that matches her hair. She also has a cane that is covered in frost, like Jack Frosts, that she can make appear with a snap of her finger.

Abilities/weapons: Alix can summon all forms of water and control it. She can also turn mostly transparent like ice cubes.

Weaknesses: Alix can only teleport within half a mile in any direction of her starting point. She cannot control her summoning powers for the most part when she is scared and desperate. When she is transparent her injuries are worse if she is hurt. They double in pain and severity. She also can only be transparent for 25-30 minutes. She is very prone to sunburn and heat. She makes the temperature drop to degrees she is comfortable in wherever she goes. If she doesn't, she will be very uncomfortable and often snap at people due to it. Fire is very dangerous to her as her burns are four times as worse as any normal human.

Personality: Alix often acts before thinking. She does get lost in her thinking though, but her thinking never applies to what she is doing. When she is lost in thinking she can be very quiet which makes her come off as shy and quiet. Although when she isn't thinking too much she can be entertaining. She is very mature for the age she seems to be. She is willing to risk herself to keep the people she loves and cares for safe. She changes in trust a lot. Sometimes she trusts easily and others it can be hard to gain her trust.

Other: She only lives on earth due to a war that happened on her home planet years ago. She could have returned but grew close to earth and wished to stay.

Associated song: Cold Water

RP sample:

Alix watched as the sun set and the snow began to fall. She admired every unique flake. As it began to darken she snapped her fingers for her white cloak to appear. She grabbed her cane and began to walk bare footed through the snow. She walked towards the edge of the water and let her hand fall above it. As she progressed, the water turned into majestic patterns beneath her. She knew earth was where she belonged.

@sheepfox

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 3 April 2017 at 6:37 PM

@faressain accepted
@emeraldstar accepted
@lailaluckyseal87 the two powers your character has are noticeably different. would you mind sticking with just one?
@panda9983 oh and you too. i'm sorry i didn't ping you!

I'd better add weaknesses to my character haha i didn't think of that
Oh and i'm changing her power to Telekinesis
I didn't expect people to join that quickly....let's get started!

It was eerily quiet outside. Hope didn't like silence. But in this case, it must be good, because there was no one to share resources with. She was surprised no one had come to attack her yet, even though there was no reason too. She didn't have anything with her, not even a weapon. She had gone almost two days without any resources. It was time to leave the nest. She was the only one out of her family that had survived. She had no idea if any of her friends were alive. She climbed the debris around her to get a good view of the area.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 3 April 2017 at 6:49 PM

@sheepfox I can get rid of teleporting, but not turning transparent. It's a big part of her. It's like whenshe takes the form of ice.

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 3 April 2017 at 7:03 PM

@lailaluckyseal87
Ah fine
Accepted!

@Panda9983 because i didn't ping you before!

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 3 April 2017 at 7:14 PM

@sheepfox Do they start with powerrs?
@lailaluckyseal87
@emeraldstar
@faressain

Dawn looked outside. All my friends and family are gone. Why does everything have to end like this she thought sadly. She packed all her stuff. Then she was ready to leave her home. Walking outside, she slowly trekked down the broken path.
~~~
Faith was packing the last of her stuff. She wasn't ready to go, not until she reviewed what had happened. Her parents were killed and her friends ran away. After she packed the last of her stuff, she walked around not knowing what to do.

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 3 April 2017 at 7:29 PM

@panda9983 Yes

@lailaluckyseal87
@faressain
@emeraldstar

Hope noticed a radiation scar on her left arm. So that's why my arm was stinging....there aren't any hospitals nearby, are there? Even then, they'll be destroyed.... Hope was fairly close to the blast. No buildings would be in operation there.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 3 April 2017 at 8:00 PM

Alix grabbed her bag and concealed it with ice. She went outside to explore. Her feet were already beginning to be coated with mud. She smiled. She had no idea what was going on, as she never had any parents. Her head was aching badly though. She walked around to find a hospital.

After a while Alix caught sight of Hope. She ran towards her and tapped her from behind.

@sheepfox @panda9983

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 3 April 2017 at 8:06 PM

@lailaluckyseal87
@panda9983
@faressain
@emeraldstar

Hope jumped. She thought she was going to turn around to see someone holding her at gunpoint. She quickly glanced at the new person, realizing she didn't have a gun...at least not out and ready to shoot. "H-hi."

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 3 April 2017 at 8:14 PM

"Hello." Alix said. "Where are you heading? My apologies if I scared you. I'm Alix. Currently I am looking for some help. I hit my head and it hurts greatly." Alix rubbed her head, the pain worsening.

@sheepfox @panda9983 @emeraldstar

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 3 April 2017 at 8:17 PM

@lailaluckyseal87

This girl was clearly more verbose -or maybe just more polite- than Hope. "I'm not going anywhere in particular, i'm just looking for food and water. Oh, and some shelter that hasn't fallen to the ground. I'm not sure any hospitals around here are in operation..
My name's Hope, by the way."

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 3 April 2017 at 8:20 PM

Alix nodded. "Nice to meet you." She said. "I could help you look for shelter?" Alix said. She blinked as a black orb appeared in her vision. "Do you see that?" Alix asked worriedly.

@sheepfox

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 3 April 2017 at 8:31 PM

@lailaluckyseal87

"Sure. Then maybe we could look for more survivors."
She looked around when Alix mentioned a black orb. "No..? What orb?"

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 3 April 2017 at 8:35 PM

@sheepfox

"Nevermind." Alix said, embarrassed. "Where should we go first?" Alix brushed a strand of hair out of her eyes, even though blackness had engulfed half of her right eye. She tried to blink it away but it wouldn't leave.

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 3 April 2017 at 8:38 PM

@lailaluckyseal87

"I don't know...this way?" She said, turning to and pointing in a random direction.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 3 April 2017 at 8:42 PM

"Sure." Alix said. She began to walk. "Let's go."

Alix began to feel warm and so she made the air colder. She still felt warm and realized she had a fever. "I think I'm sick... and going blind!" she said panicking as black engulfed her sight.

@sheepfox

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 3 April 2017 at 8:45 PM

@lailaluckyseal87

Hope quickly turned back as she walked, stopping. "Oh, no..." Hope frantically looked around for a medical facility. She grabbed the girl's hand. "Just follow me. I'll try and find a hospital. The last thing we need is for you get hurt, and be blind." Hope began running.

Female
3,584 posts

lailaluckyseal87 • 3 April 2017 at 8:47 PM

"I will." Alix said, her cane materializing in her other hand. She made an ice body form behind her to guide her. "Please don't let this be permanent." Alix said, trying to regain her calmness.
@sheepfox

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 3 April 2017 at 8:53 PM

@lailaluckyseal87

Hope continued running. She couldn't see any hospitals anywhere.

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 3 April 2017 at 9:01 PM

@lailaluckyseal87
@sheepfox

Soon Dawn caught sight of a two girls. She ran up to them with a smile. "Hello," she said rather cheerfully since she caught sight of life. She frowned when she saw a scar on Hope's arm. She let a few herbs grow, then offer some to Hope. "These should help," she said faintly. She hated how growing plants can tire her easily.
~~~
Faith walked around. Soon she caught sight of three survivors. They look friendly, but still best to see what happens first she thought with a bit of worry.

Non-binary
3,331 posts

carter • 3 April 2017 at 9:08 PM

@sheepfox
Is it okay that I join? ^^

Name: Helix Calvert
Personality: A mercenary for whatever crumbling government that finds him, he's good at what he does and takes it seriously when he's on a job. However, he's occasionally not the first pick for a hit because most of his employers seem to think he's more animal than man at this point and well, they wouldn't entirely be wrong. Helix has adapted a 'do anything to survive' mind set, though that doesn't always make him dangerous. He's not typically one to start a fight and would rather come to a calm conclusion than brawl. He's not afraid to run and not ashamed to hide, especially given that he's good at it.
Appearance: Although it changes, as a man he's typically of a tall and muscled build with short messy hair that's a reddish-brown. His eyes are a muted sort of gray mostly because they're the easiest to put a dash of color in here or there and blame it on the light if anyone happens to notice.
Power: Shape shifting
Weaknesses: Shapeshifting takes energy and he can sometimes crash for days at a time, though adrenaline helps keep him going in stressful situations, as soon as everything's calm again he's wrecked.
Other: I'm not a real big fan of perma-death, especially ones not very dramatic so if Helix ever gets jobs to off people they're going to be npcs, unless someone wants to like quit the rp and have a swift exit or if it's later in the rp or something.

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 3 April 2017 at 9:40 PM

@panda9983
@carter accepted! i'll add your role to the first post soon.
@lailaluckyseal87

"Hey there." She noticed the herbs, taking them with a smile. "How do i use these, though? I'm no plant expert."
"Also, are there any functioning hospitals around here? This girl is going blind.."

1,853 posts

purgatory • 3 April 2017 at 9:46 PM

@sheepfox always up for a good survival rp!

Name: Aiden (Ay-dEnn)
Personality: One word to describe him would be sarcastic. Of course, he talks normally every other time (Which is typically never) but he mostly keeps to himself. He's quite realistic and doesn't believe in 'hopes and dreams' or something, and that's how his good ol' negativity formed. He occasionally cracks cringey puns and the wrong time just to annoy people.
Appearance: He's not a short or tall dude, rather in between. His hair is a light brown which is always in a mess since he's too lazy to brush it. He wears a trench coat over black suit, and his black shoes beneath him.
Power: electricity (Yay).
Weaknesses:Electric magic/power is hard to use. Only the most focus will create a little spark of electricity. Aiden, not much of a person who focuses, always get something wrong when he tries to use his powers, like unwanted power cuts or a piece of burnt toast. He also dislikes water, which is strange since electric is powerful against water if you live in the Pokemon world.
Other: A potato XD If he has a theme, it would 'Dark Darker yet Darker" (aka Gaster's theme if you live in the Undertale world XDDD). That or the chicken wing song. Ye.

Female
4,488 posts

sheepfox • 3 April 2017 at 9:49 PM

@ammolite Accepted! I'll add your role to the first post soon.

Non-binary
3,331 posts

carter • 3 April 2017 at 9:55 PM

@sheepfox Thanks!! Whenever Helix changes appearance in a post I'll do my best to try to find a picture to accompany it. Though if eggcave messes them up with emoji's I may throw some spaces in there to break it up.
Helix Now: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-QIOGmksIEik/TjIQf4rxFoI/AAAAAAAAAnw/13d1FvSRbRE/s1600/DSC_0210.JPG
-

Helix sat outside a safe house that sat close to the middle of nowhere. All buildings around it were either abandoned or useless, one down the block was half fallen after a nasty fight. The door behind him wasn't in the best shape, hanging off one hinge and rusting a bit on the edges, but it matched the outer look of the building well. A bit rundown but serving it's purpose well enough.

He scanned the skyline slowly, he'd been laying low here for the past week. Helix's last hit on whatever government miles away wasn't too happy about him disposing of one of their own. It was safest to play the part of a guard dog for now, a red husky looking dog. The woman who ran the facility tolerated him well enough as long as he stayed out of the way and tossed him table scraps every afternoon. She'd started calling him Hugo. Absently, he hoped she wouldn't miss him too much when he inevitably left.

1,853 posts

purgatory • 3 April 2017 at 9:57 PM

@sheepfox alright 😊

Aiden sipped his homemade orange juice. Man, it was kinda hard to get clean cups these days since other living things put their germs on them. Oh wait, he'll make a pun about that. Hmmm no? Maybe later then. Oranges? Well, he found some other survivors selling them for some materials. The stolen knife turned out to be very handy at that moment. Sipping the orange juice, he walked down the streets. Not looking, Aiden bumped into a girl (Faith). Luckily, he drank all of the orange juice. If he didn't, well...

@panda9983

welp, i gtg

Female
1,924 posts

reality • 3 April 2017 at 11:08 PM

@ammolite

Faith felt someone bump her. "Hello," she said in a kind tone. She saw that it was a boy with messy hair. This might not turn out well she thought.
~~~
"Well you should grind them, or squeeze. As long as you let the healing juice out." Dawn responded. "And for the girl going blind, I'm not sure if there is any hospitals nearby or anywhere to be exact." She looked at the girl carefully. "What happened before you lost sight," she asked in a gentle tone.