Creature Suggestion - Seleni

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Male
472 posts

lucas • 8 May 2017 at 11:10 PM

• Seleni concept art: http://i.imgur.com/2BilHAv.jpg

• About Seleni Eggs
Seleni eggs are quite a challenge to look after, due to the fact that whoever touches it barehanded will instantly fall asleep. In the past, Seleni eggs were widely used by Arkians as a natural treatment for insomnia.

• About the Seleni Creature
Acclaimed as the materialization of dreams in the Arkian folklore, Selenis are very unique creatures. Their bodies are composed of two separate elements: an ornamented crescent moon and a small sphere of pure energy that constantly emits shiny particles - the “core”. Their moon isn’t just for show though - they use it to gather energy from the moonlight, and use that energy to keep themselves alive, hence why they should always stay in open environments at night. If a Seleni is kept ten days without bathing in the moonlight, its core will slowly run out of energy, resulting in eventual death.

Even though they are cheerful and energetic creatures that love to play with others, Selenis are often seen alone, as staying too close to their shiny particles will result in deep slumber. It is said that if you see a Seleni flying around during the night, you will sleep like a baby for a whole week.

As for pings I really dont know who exactly to ping, so I'll just throw a random ping for @Ian I guess! 😋

#creaturesuggestion

343 posts

solnyshko • 9 May 2017 at 7:34 AM

@lucas
umg im in love with this!!! ❤️
the description is amazing as well, aaaa i just wish there's another stage or smth, but it's awesome nonetheless!

good luck! 😊

Male
472 posts

lucas • 9 May 2017 at 9:07 AM

@carnesiel

Thanks! I actually made lots and lots of different forms for it, but they all kind of ended up looking way too much like the last stage...

90 posts

idol • 9 May 2017 at 11:39 AM

@Lucas

This is so lovely~ I need one T.T
I am a fan with just about anything with moon and stars =3

Male
472 posts

lucas • 10 May 2017 at 7:37 PM

@idol

Thank you so very much! And yea, I was like "wait, eggcave has no moon-like creatures" so I thought i'd give it a shot a suggest one 😋

Male
660 posts

brad • 10 May 2017 at 11:58 PM

@lucas Dude, this thing is awesome! The idea, your drawing... all of it. I think it's fine being 1 stage as well. Not many creatures like that. Makes it unique.
I would love to see the eggcave artists draw this. Thing it would look great if it was drawn and colored digitally in eggcaves style.

I may have to buy a few of them. Even if it was 500cc, haha.

Deleted • 11 May 2017 at 2:07 AM

@lucas ahhh love it! ❤️ would love to see this get made!

Male
472 posts

lucas • 11 May 2017 at 4:51 PM

@o_o

haha thank you so somuch! Yea, It seems like all creatures have ~4 stages now xD I tried to make a colored version, but I just couldn't get the right colors with pencils :| so I tried shading it with a normal pencil and well... xD

@jrw48

Aw thank you! Fingers crossed haha 😋

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 11 May 2017 at 7:47 PM

@lucas
Very interesting looking! Good luck *crossesfingers* ❤️

Male
472 posts

lucas • 12 May 2017 at 8:15 PM

@fakeworld

Thank you so much! 😃

Female
311 posts

quetzalcoatl • 13 May 2017 at 11:29 PM

@lucas Very nice!!!

Male
472 posts

lucas • 14 May 2017 at 12:09 AM

@daisy1664

Thanks daisy! 😃

Two-Spirit
753 posts

brunosc • 16 May 2017 at 7:25 PM

@lucas OMG what a creature! I would love to see it around! ❤️

Female
225 posts

izz • 16 May 2017 at 7:43 PM

@lucas
Beautiful! I hope they put it in the cave so I can get it 😊

Male
472 posts

lucas • 16 May 2017 at 8:00 PM

@brunosc

Thanks a lot bruno!! ❤️

@izz

Aww thanks! Firstof all I hope they even consider it as a possible creature! xD

Female
129 posts

wavypavy • 17 May 2017 at 4:10 AM

@lucas
This is really pretty and I love the idea, but I like creatures to have at leat one evolution, other than hatching. That's just my personal opinion though 😊

Male
472 posts

lucas • 17 May 2017 at 5:27 AM

@wavypavy

Oh hey! Thanks! And in fact I do too aswell, but all other stages I came up with looked wayyy too similar to the final stage *icri* xD

Female
129 posts

wavypavy • 17 May 2017 at 7:16 AM

@lucas
would you mind if I drew a stage or two?
I might do one that comes after your current final stage since it looks a bit kawaii for a fully grown creature. I could also do one before, but that one might be very similar to what you have. If you have any specific ideas that you'd like me to keep the same or change let me know 😊
Also, if you have a colours in mind, that would be nice to know because I like to do coloured drawings.
I think purple gems, silver metal, and pale yellow shine could work well.
Or amber gems and gold metal.
I could try a few variations and see what looks nice if you are unsure.

Male
472 posts

lucas • 17 May 2017 at 12:42 PM

@wavypavy

Sure, why not! And I'll let you have fun with the colors hehe 😊

Female
129 posts

wavypavy • 18 May 2017 at 5:23 AM

@lucas
here's what I came up with:
https://postimg.org/image/5t5d6b8mh/

Male
472 posts

lucas • 18 May 2017 at 4:43 PM

@wavypavy

Interesting!

Female
129 posts

wavypavy • 18 May 2017 at 4:47 PM

@lucas
The idea with the first stage is that it's hiding under the moon part.

Female
92 posts

skyindie • 19 May 2017 at 7:12 PM

A GREAT creature for the asteroid!!!

Non-binary
1,223 posts

degong • 19 May 2017 at 7:22 PM

@lucas

*Sees creature suggestion*
*Tries not to scream*
YES! This is what I need in my life. You have my full support!

Male
472 posts

lucas • 19 May 2017 at 8:34 PM

@wavypavy

I like it! It even looks like a hat, somehow xD Like if it was playing with the moon~

@skyindie

Aww I wish! Asteroid creatures are amazing! Idk if my suggestion meets the amazingness level hehe 😋

@degong

Thank you so so much! Let's cross fingers together then 😃

Male
660 posts

brad • 18 July 2017 at 4:04 PM

@lucas With the events going on right now, I feel like it's the perfect time for this creature! ;D

Male
472 posts

lucas • 19 July 2017 at 1:29 AM

@o_o

Sorry for the late reply! And hehe I have to agree 😋 thanks!

Female
1,575 posts

sorrow • 19 July 2017 at 7:21 AM

@lucas
oh my goodness! As coming from a semi-hippie family with a hippie best friend, this is just lovely all over. I love the little designs on the moon part! The twisty things remind me of little decorations you would find on a carousel, which is kinda cool because i feel like if the creatures were animated, the "small sphere of pure energy that constantly emits shiny particles" would be constantly spinning. It's so happy! I just love this! I don't think I've ever typed a paragraph this big for a creature suggestion. I love it!! And having one in my cove would be awesome!

Male
472 posts

lucas • 19 July 2017 at 10:32 PM

@teddy267

Thank you so very much, and yes yes yes! I must say, when I came up with the idea I never really thought about the possibility of it spinning, but good lord, that makes it even better! Once more, thank you sooo very much for all the love, I'm flattered! ❤️

Male
60 posts

alan_sjm • 19 July 2017 at 10:35 PM

@Lucas I'm delighted with this creature! Is beautiful! ❤️