Right click > open new window/tab from the notifications list

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 10 May 2017 at 7:26 PM

I have a suggestion for the notifications list. (https://eggcave.com/notifications)

I'd very much like to be able to open up a single notification from the list in a new tab.
Right now, if you click a notification, you're directly transported to the page the notification notifies you about. There isn't any way to open the links while keeping the list open in a separate tab - which is a thing I'm addicted to because it saves time instead of having to go back to the same place over and over again to click something in the list.

So my suggestion is: Make it possible to right click > open new window/tab in the notifications list again.
This is something I sorely miss from V2. 😊

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 10 May 2017 at 7:57 PM

@silverserpent

Ughhhh i'd love this. I sorely miss this. I'm a huge fan of the middle mouse button to open windows lol. It's been painful to work without it.

Female
1,347 posts

silverserpent • 10 May 2017 at 8:01 PM

@raccoon Yes, me too. The middle mouse button is the best for links. And I kind of hate having to go back to the list all the time. Or I just forget... o__o

264 posts

snowwall • 13 May 2017 at 12:27 PM

Middle-click, I adore thee! And notifications do seem to lack the ability :/

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 13 May 2017 at 12:52 PM

@silverserpent

Yessssss! >~< I miss this so much. :c It's easier to keep track of your notifications if you can use the middle-mouse button. It works for everything else, so why not notifications?

Female
375 posts

chocovampire • 24 May 2017 at 3:57 AM

Agree~the new version of Eggcave still have a lot to improve.

I usually do feedbacks after a few days, and within these few days usually more than one user fed my cove. What I usually do is to right-click each user to open a new page for it so I don't have to go back to my notifications to click on another user again. You know, there can be tons of notifications in a day...it was quite frustrating for me to always scroll over the long list of notifications to find users that I need to do feed back on.

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 24 May 2017 at 3:33 PM

@silverserpent
I would love for this ability to return. It's just so convenient when having multiple notifications.