The Hyponie - [Bird]

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 21 May 2017 at 9:05 PM

Hey, everyone! I'm sure you've seen the Site Blog post. I was actually scrambling for some ideas and found a few. I'll have to wait for those 'till later, we've got the birds ahead!

The Hyponie. Also known as the bird of the underworld and the first half of Epodic Trial.

Art:
Full on w/ color: c
Egg close up: http://stagfire.deviantart.com/art/EC-Bird-Creature-Suggestion-Close-Up-On-Egg-681900778

Evolutions:
200 feeds
600 feeds

I'm having trouble thinking on those.

Egg description:
Despite what one might think, Hyponie eggs aren't laid in the underworld. Often mistaken for mushrooms, Hyponie eggs have further become laid up in the mountains for protection. White dots decorate a shell covered in black. In the first week, a hole or crack in the shell emerges. The Hyponie is too young to escape the shell so they egg crack scar is left on the hatchling. Reeds are attached to the egg to protect it and when touched, send out a poisonous venom. Hyponies are rarely seen for their fierceness and some tribes in the mountains have celebrations for those who touch the egg.

Description:
Once hatched, a Hyponie wanders down the mountain. Few hatchlings make the way down and once doing so, they few left to go back up. Scientists from around Arc fail to explain this strange phenomenon. Hyponies produce a fiery gas from their feathers, scorching the land around them. After a few days, the mothers pick them up and bring them down to the underworld. People are known to praise the Hyponie for their destructive and ruthless behaviors for protection. The Hyponie is often labeled as endangered but it cannot be explained how they never seem to dwindle even though it may look like it. The red stripes on a Hyponie's feathers explain its hierarchy in their civilization. Arkians have never seen a Hyponie of a higher hierarchy than the peasant and warrior who share the same markings. Only recently has the SAR center discovered what red and purple represent. Purple is of a female and red of a male. The SAR center also discovered many types of tribes with females of red and males of red. Hyponie's leave much to discover.

I'm sorry for the crappy descriptions XD I might edit 'em later.

The other half = The Einopyh

Pings:
@skyfall4
@doyoueverwonder
@chicachicken
@ricefishie
@emeraldstar

Please ping more! Thanks

Deleted • 21 May 2017 at 9:18 PM

@stagfire love the description 😊

827 posts

nine • 21 May 2017 at 10:05 PM

@stagfire
"The bird of the underworld and the first half of Epodic Trial"? Sounds interesting. This creature suggestion could bring a whole lot of new content to Eggcave. 😱 I'm pumped to see what'll become of it...

Maybe tie up some loose strings though? There's already so many questions I have and I can't take any more mystery. *-* Reeds? Spots? The Underworld? Fiery gas? Might wanna think about putting a few wild concepts away...

Female
1,783 posts

skyfall4 • 21 May 2017 at 10:38 PM

@stagfire
Beautiful O_O ❤️ It should definitely be made!!!! 😃😃😃

@ifi123- the one person I ping to every single thing XD

Female
1,088 posts

stagfire • 22 May 2017 at 8:42 PM

@chicachicken
Thanks!

@ricefishie