[October] Creature Suggestion: Devulca

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 23 May 2017 at 3:42 PM

Okay, so this bird theme suggestion thing has finally made me make a creature suggestion after about 2 years. This also works for October/Halloween. ^^

Name: portmanteau of decay and vulture

Image: http://spiritkoi.deviantart.com/art/Devulca-Creature-Suggestion-682243904

Egg Description:

Devulca eggs are usually found within decaying material or in graveyards. They also produce a foul stench that wards off any predators that were not deterred by the rotting material around the eggs. When the egg is about to hatch, the talisman will begin to glow with the same flame-like aura of the egg. Removing the talisman from the egg will cause it to die and crumble into dust.

Creature Description:

Once a Devulca hatches, it takes the talisman that wrapped its egg and always keeps it near. Every Devulca's talisman is unique, and the amount of feathers around one indicates how long the Devulca has lived. Devulcas have never been recorded to eat, drink, or rest. It is believed that a Devulca's talisman contains magic that allows it to survive, since all dead Devulcas were found with damaged talismans. Others believe that Devulcas are actually spirits and the talismans allow the spirit to interact with the physical world. Devulcas are described in Ark myths as guardians of the Underworld, and are said to lead departed souls from the world of the living to the world of the dead. People say that if a Devulca places its talisman into your hands, it means that it is your time to go.

#spiritkoi
#creaturesuggestion
#spiritkoisuggestions

Pings:
@element
@dragonii
@immortalraven
@jellifysh
@carnesiel

Sorry for pinging if you don't want to be pinged!

Non-binary
23 posts

cokealoka • 23 May 2017 at 4:42 PM

I think this is a cool idea! It stands out among the other bird entries!

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 23 May 2017 at 5:22 PM

@cokealoka Ah, thanks! I'm glad you like it. c:

More Pings:
(Sorry if I'm bothering you!)

@hexis
@ricefishie
@doyoueverwonder
@dragrawr
@prairie

827 posts

nine • 23 May 2017 at 5:31 PM

@spiritkoi
I like the design. It's a little messy and the decorations are a bit overdone on the egg, but the creature itself looks interesting enough. 😊 Sad that there's only one stage though... Oh well, some creature's gotta take the burden.

Moving on, the description's nice and spooky; A handful of mystery blended with some dangerous myths and legends, the best combination for a Halloween description.

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 23 May 2017 at 7:05 PM

@spiritkoi
Really like it ❤️

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 23 May 2017 at 7:56 PM

@spiritkoi

I love that it is a vulture! 😃 I also love your use of a skull! 😃 ❤️

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 23 May 2017 at 9:19 PM

@ricefishie Haha, ya, drawing the egg is always the last thing I do. I'm glad you like the creature design! ^^ And, ya one stage because I was kinda too lazy to do more. xP Also if it ever does get made I don't have to spend as much on freeze since I like one of each stage. 😉
@immortalraven Thanks. ❤️
@prairie Thanks! 😃 Glad you like the skull, that's my favorite part. ^^

738 posts

dragonnn • 23 May 2017 at 11:39 PM

@spiritkoi Yes please? This is such an imaginative creature, it's description fits in alongside several other Ark creatures in its style. The art is so cool too! I'd love to have one of these, and if possible, hoard several others. What a cool creature. The name is nice too.

❤️ ❤️

Good luck.

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 23 May 2017 at 11:49 PM

@spiritkoi
I love it! I really, really like one stage creatures. ❤️

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 25 May 2017 at 5:54 AM

@dragonnn Thanks! ^^
@fakeworld Thanks, I'm glad you like it! 😃

Female
133 posts

koispirit • 8 August 2017 at 12:49 PM

@cookiemonster Nice to see you again! 😃
@thalo
@o_o
@purgatory
@crimson

Bumping this for Halloween/October creature suggestions! Hope I'm not bothering any of you!

Female
62 posts

rosewolf09 • 9 August 2017 at 12:45 AM

@spiritkoi
OMG i love it i want 1 ❤️ XD

It looks amazing the design is terrific and the bio just so cool

great job XD ❤️

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 9 August 2017 at 11:55 AM

@rosewolf09 Ah thanks! ^^ I'm glad you like it!

Cisgender Woman
22 posts

crimson • 9 August 2017 at 7:22 PM

This is an awesome creature creation. I would totally buy it omg ❤️