Click Exchange Bug?

in Problems & Bugs

Female
33 posts

rainha • 24 June 2017 at 10:26 AM

Hello,

I don't know if this happens for other users, but I've been getting repeat creatures in the Click Exchange.
I always feed the creatures but creatures that I've already clicked and fed keep popping back up when I refresh links.

I don't know if this is a problem or a bug but just in case I figured I should let you guys know.

Thank you for all the work you guys put into this site!

Female
2,301 posts

lykhaos117 • 24 June 2017 at 12:02 PM

@rainha

This happens to me, too, but I don't think it's a bug.

Here's what's probably going on:

Let's say User A puts 20 creatures (the maximum number) in the Click Exchange yet only has 5 credits, and you (User B) go to the Click Exchange and click and feed all the creatures. Suppose you originally had 50 clicks. Now, even though you clicked and fed 20 creatures, the XC balance will change so that User A will have 0 credits and you will have 55 credits. If User A clicks more, then the last 15 creatures you clicked from User A will show up again on the Click Exchange for you since the system will not register that you clicked them once User A had 0 credits. If you click them all again, you will now have 70 credits, assuming that no one else clicked your creatures and you didn't click anyone else's creatures since then.

Back in V2, it used to be that the system would either register an error and only display the valid links from users with a >0 balance, or it would allow you to click all the links if they were loaded on the page but give the user a negative balance, so the links wouldn't show up for anyone else until User A clicked more to get a positive balance.

This repeat link thing is one of the few things I don't like about V3's click exchange since it (in my opinion unfairly) favors users who click less yet put more creatures into the system. A user could take advantage of this by putting a bunch of creatures into the system then only doing one click whenever XC drops to 0. User A could potentially get feeds at 20x the rate s/he puts into the system by doing this. I would personally prefer if negative balance were reinstated so that people who click more wouldn't be inconvenienced and people wouldn't be able to take advantage of the 0 credit lower limit. :/

Hope this helped.

@Ian
@Orderedchaos

Is this what's going on?

Female
33 posts

rainha • 24 June 2017 at 10:00 PM

@lykhaos117

Ohhh, okay! Thanks for letting me know! 😊

I wasn't sure if it was something that was just happening to me or if it was something normal 😋

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 13 July 2017 at 3:34 PM

@lykhaos

I don't get it, it's confusing 😋 oh well

@rainha

I have the same problem XD @degong's Cruphoesia kept showing up a million times 😋

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 13 July 2017 at 4:02 PM

@rainha

This is happening to me as well. 😋 It's been happening for a while now. I also saw duplicates of the same creature right next to each other, so... xD

EDIT: Just read @lykhaos117's explanation. So... you thinking they should switch back to the way V2 did it?

@iris1929578

O.o Hi~

EDIT: If it's any help, Cruphoesia is the only creature I have in the click exchange.

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 13 July 2017 at 4:25 PM

@degong

Tamais is mine. Maybe it's because I have so many XC? But then, it resets at 12:00 AM ECT, and I always thought you could only click a creature once a day.

Edit: just switch back to how V2 did it.