Incapable of signing out

in Problems & Bugs

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 10 July 2017 at 4:03 PM

I tried to sign out using the sign out button on the navigation panel on the right. By clicking the button, it sends me to the site blog page and I'm still logged in. I was trying to switch to my storage account, and I was only able to achieve this by clearing my browser cache and coming back to the site and signing in. I tried to sign out of my storage account and got an error. Closing my browser and reopening, then coming to eggcave, it automatically signed me back into my main account (this one).

I saw the blog post about people having issues with their account swapping between different pages, but I believe this is different. Anyone else having these sort of issues? Thanks for any help that anyone can provide ❤️

~SoDaBearJess
@Ian

Female
1,126 posts

valorieviolet • 10 July 2017 at 4:19 PM

@sodabearjess

I am also having this issue, but only on Google Chrome. Every time I tried to log out, it would take me to the "Something Went Wrong" page. I also could not post a blog comment or offer on trades while I was logged in on Chrome.

I had to switch over to Safari to be able to log in on the account I wanted to use, make comments, etc. I can log out just fine on this browser.

Update at 4:47 ETC -- I can now log in and out perfectly on Chrome.

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 10 July 2017 at 4:22 PM

@sodabearjess

Same, everytime I try to log out, it brings me back to the site blog page. I'm still in the same account.

19 posts

ghostofdreams • 10 July 2017 at 4:31 PM

I am unable to log out as well. I am directed to the, "Whoops, looks like something went wrong." page.

Also, I am not able to feed any creatures (it displays "There was an error processing your request. Please refresh the page and try again.") or post any comments. I had to switch to a different browser.

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 10 July 2017 at 7:59 PM

@ghostofdreams
Thank you for mentioning browsers, I'm using Chrome and I have this issue, but not when I switch to Firefox. I don't have any problems feeding creatures though, I believe I got that error once the other day but not since.

@valorie100
Glad you got it fixed 😊 Sadly, I'm still unable to log out on Chrome, but switching browsers is a temporary solution.

1,853 posts

purgatory • 10 July 2017 at 8:16 PM

Same problem here. It redirects me to the blog.

I'm guessing that something (this) happened when they fixed the random logout problem?

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 11 July 2017 at 10:18 AM

@sodabearjess @ammolite @ghostofdreams @prairie @valorie100

I was having the same problem until I remembered what I read on yesterday's blog.
Try clearing your cache and cookies. That should fix any issues.

Just logged in to another computer and gave me difficulties so had to clear that one as well before everything worked fine again.

1,853 posts

purgatory • 11 July 2017 at 11:02 AM

@element

Thanks for the info c: I'll try that!

Female
363 posts

sodabearjess • 11 July 2017 at 2:01 PM

Yep, this worked for me. I had originally only cleared my cache and not cookies, so make sure you clear both. Thanks for the help 😊

EDIT: lol thanks for the extra notification about the difference between cookies and cache xD ❤️