Auction Trolls

in Chit-Chat

Female
18 posts

katonica • 18 August 2017 at 8:11 PM

Am I the only one who hates people who suddenly jump in just as you succeed in getting that one thing/creature that you've wanted for so long that you want to burst into tears and strangle them at the same time while taking everything they want?

Lol yeah, that's me, stealing all my friend's auction bids. ๐Ÿ˜‹ And no, I don't want to do any of the above.

P.S. I don't think it's wrong, it's a good strategy XD

Salutations to those Auction Snipers (โ‰งโˆ€โ‰ฆใ‚ž

Deleted • 18 August 2017 at 8:18 PM

@katonica
How evil. You're so evil.

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 18 August 2017 at 8:19 PM

@katonica

Nope! cx

Here in the Eggcaves (what?) we call these people auction snipers! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ There are certain techniques that they use, and when @ glados posts an auction, well, you're in for the auction of your life. ๐Ÿ˜‹
I'm super bad at auction sniping, by the way, but I do have a guide for it that I stole from @ poptarts if you want to read hers or mine. x3

โ—ฆ โ€ข โค โ€ข โ—ฆ โ€ข โค โ€ข โ—ฆ

Male
660 posts

veritaspunk • 18 August 2017 at 8:28 PM

@katonica

People bidding in the last moments of an auction is just timely practicality ... not too soon, not too late ....

As I said I'd be thrilled with the idea of allowing sellers to choose "hidden bids" auctions that way it's objectively the highest bidder

Others like to battle with bids ... and others like to make a splash ... you know you have front runners and closers ๐Ÿ˜‰

Female
1,188 posts

gymnastics001 • 18 August 2017 at 8:35 PM

@katonica

I always bid on an auction then forget about it. I also forget what creature it was so I don't care. xD

But every once in a while, I auction snipe...Unless there is a lot of ec involved

1,853 posts

purgatory • 18 August 2017 at 8:45 PM

With this crappy slow computer o' mine, I can never snipe. tried it and lost xP

@katonica It's not bad, auction sniping, it's just a strategy to getting that creature. Y'all are lucky with your fancy pcs and macs, while I'm here using an old Phillips. I'm very jealous, yesh. Also, i can't feed for EC or use the click exchange since the stuff doesn't load so yeah, luck = not on my side. Oh, sorry for rambling like that xD

Male
676 posts

chiroptera • 18 August 2017 at 9:58 PM

@katonica because of people like you I find myself constantly trembling in fear (not literally) that someone might swoop in and steal that dreamie that I had saved up a month to bid on. Seriously, I'm poor. Quit ruining my once in a lifetime chance just for a few extra ec โ˜น๏ธ