Creature Estimate Center » (Super Helpful)

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 24 August 2017 at 3:12 AM

Since the value of a creature here on Egg Cave is determined based on the appearance, availability and the desire the community has for it, I thought it would be useful to have an actual page/center that would be run by us (the users). Special people (people who've been on Egg Cave long enough and thoroughly understand the value of creatures) could gain the ability to edit the value of a creature to update it.

This would be helpful in many ways, especially to new users and users who just need a quick estimate while trading. Value topics are often created, but always eventually die and quickly become outdated. This would put an end to clueless minds, help guide people in the right direction when trying to initiate a trade, etc

People who might be interested:
@immortalraven
@luv
@_black3333_
@momokie
@mastergemma

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 24 August 2017 at 11:19 AM

@icon
Is this like making a new guide?
If so I have been planning to do one soon. People are still asking me cause the newest guide's cave monthly values are way more than right before the guide came out and don't think em right. A good bit on there I agree with but cave monthlies I do not. I feel bad because I talked to em and such and one I talked to regularly and don't wanna make them think I'm like bashing their guide or whatnot by making a new one.
But yeah they haven't been on awhile and I'm like on all the time except when in school, sleeping and eating though sometimes I'm on here when I am eating too x'D

I shoulda just made one a long time ago since people ask me a lot. I was always too lazy but with the cave monthly values and seasonals all wonky now I have been working on how to set one up nice and neat.
Newer and returning players don't know that these went so much lower right before the guide and they take it by heart. It's literally crazy how some have risen and I think some have taken advantage of this cause I know a lot of older ones wouldn't do this for a cave monthly. And some have offered on mine/other people's cave monthlies that sell em cheap because they don't agree and then turn around and ask people for 2oo+CC. Some sell, some don't. Though I see it being a lot of newer players mostly that end up saving up and buying the cave monthly or whatnot for that if they do sell.
Though it is all user based and everyone has their opinions. Some might want to stick to the other one, some might not.

1,853 posts

purgatory • 24 August 2017 at 11:28 AM

@icon

This is a pretty neat idea. Well, I'm guessing that this is kinda like creating a new guide?

@immortalraven

I totally agree with you. The monthlies' prices are killing my chances of my offers (which I think is pretty fair) being accepted because many users just shove the value guide in my face and say no (no offense to anyone who uses it).

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 24 August 2017 at 11:36 AM

@purgatory
Yup, I feel ya.
I only need a few left to have each stage of all the cave monthlies but it has been going slower than before the guide because I ain't offering 2ooCC for one. I ain't gonna sell someone one for 2ooCC either. But I am NOT gonna sell any of my cave monthlies to people who are trying to sell them from the guide price. Especially when I have seen them trade for a cave monthly for less than the guide [sometimes less than I even value em] and then want 2oo+CC the same day they got it -.-

1,853 posts

purgatory • 24 August 2017 at 11:49 AM

@immortalraven

Aah, relatable. I'm pretty sure at least a few of my buyers who got a 2014 monthly are selling them for way more than the price I sold 'em at (150-180k ec), and that stings. There are some, however, that only raise the price a bit and sell them less for 200cc, but hey, that's what we call "trading"

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 25 August 2017 at 12:11 AM

@purgatory @immortalraven
Yeah, it would be a guide, but user-controlled by people like you guys. The only reason I think it would be super useful having more then one person being able to edit the value, is because having only one person set the value for every creature (knowing the majority is going to go by it) is helpful but not always fair.

Like you both, I don't always agree with the value of most creatures here and how they tend to fluctuate, but this could possibly be a tool to getting around that.

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 30 August 2017 at 7:33 PM

Perhaps users could submit logs of their trades on the other user could confirm the trade so the editors could get a better guage of values?