"Find The Gobbler" issue

in Problems & Bugs

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 1 November 2017 at 8:04 PM

I'm seeming to have an issue where I click on gobblers, they disappear, but no pop-up appears and my gobbler count hasn't gone up. It's not a huge deal, but it has happened three times now and I wanted to know if anyone else was experiencing this? Maybe I'm clicking on them wrong?

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 1 November 2017 at 9:04 PM

@luv

I think this is a normal thing, but I'm not sure. :/ I remember last year, there would be a pop-up that said that it had disappeared or something like that, and you wouldn't get a gobbler. I think this is just more convenient and another way to make finding globbers a lot harder, since they also made the opacity a lot less. >~<

It's happened to me a lot, and it's kind of annoying, but, y'know. 😋

Male
660 posts

brad • 1 November 2017 at 9:20 PM

@luv Do you have multiple tabs of eggcave open?

If you load page1 and it has a Gobbler, then load page2 and it also has a gobbler, the page1 gobbler doesn't count anymore. It seems you can only have 1 "active" Gobbler at a time. So you have to just stay on one page.

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 1 November 2017 at 9:20 PM

@degong
Ah okay, thank you! I really don't know much about it.

@brad (this ping was edited so if someone wouldn't mind re-tagging them, that'd be awesome!)
That makes perfect sense then, as I was in the click exchange!

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 2 November 2017 at 6:40 AM

@luv @brad @degong

Brad is right, you can only have one 'active' Gobbler at a time so multiple tabs are actually a hindrance.

This year, the Gobblers are fainter but they will appear more often so don't give up!

Non-binary
1,218 posts

degong • 2 November 2017 at 9:04 AM

@mastergemma

Okay, thank you for the clarification. 😊 It seems I may have to adjust my strategy.

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 2 November 2017 at 10:58 AM

@mastergemma @brad
Thank you both for that clarification! This has been resolved then!

264 posts

snowwall • 2 November 2017 at 9:38 PM

@mastergemma

In the olden days, when many mice still had only two buttons, but some already had a wheel, a there was a meme I can't seem to find now - a belly-up two-button mouse with the words: "No scroll - no life".

That is my opinion on lack of middle-click and multi-tabbing functionality, too!