Site suggestion: Default to newest trades

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 20 October 2019 at 2:16 PM

Hello! I've just noticed something a bit odd when you go to the "listings" page of trades-- I always assumed that page 01 were the newest trades but in fact it's the opposite so the last page, in this case page 16, has the newest trades?

I think it's a bit strange that when you open the listings it doesn't show the latest created trades first? I feel like it would be better to reverse it (so page 01 has the latest trades, and the last page = older trades) because I automatically assumed that the first page of results is usually the newest ones.

Any thoughts on this? Or perhaps there's a specific reason it's set this way? Let me know!

1,030 posts

anarchy • 20 October 2019 at 3:43 PM

I'm with you. I always get tripped up when I'm on the first page thinking it's the most recent lots when it's actually the oldest. I agree it would be much more intuitive having the newest trades shown first, the same way the auctions are set up right now ^^

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 20 October 2019 at 3:54 PM

@anarchy yeah, I was wondering for the longest time why I couldn't see my own trades right after putting them up! I feel like this also makes it much harder for peoeple to get their trades seen

Female
9,263 posts

immortalraven • 20 October 2019 at 4:29 PM

@chapus2009 @anarchy
They made it that way on purpose.
A lot of people re-made lots to be on the newest trades which is a no no. So they decided to set it up this way. [If I remember correctly]
It's actually kinda worked compared to what it was before. Was extremely annoying before.

I guess some people are more used to it since they were here when they implemented it. Sorry y'all are having trouble with it and such :c

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 20 October 2019 at 4:46 PM

@immortalraven oOh that makes sense! Thanks for letting us know uvu. yeah, I was away for some time so I was wondering if it was maybe done on purpose... Maybe putting it in the FAQ section of the Trade Center or writing it somewhere could make it clearer? :0

1,030 posts

anarchy • 20 October 2019 at 5:05 PM

@immortalraven Wouldn't people be able to remake their lots either way? I'm sure most people have realized the newest lots are at the end so they would likely start browsing starting at the last page, thus you can still delete and remake your lots so they show up on the last page, where most people would be looking. Unless I'm missing something ^^"

I guess it's not too big of a deal though, since it only takes a single click to get to the most recent trades.

Female
1,725 posts

minnie298a • 21 October 2019 at 5:01 AM

@anarchy @chapus2009
Firstly, I remember the reason that immortalraven gives from somewhere.

I think I also saw something about how the trades are organised the same way that the auctions are. As in "the ones to expire soonest are shown first", It's just that that means that the trades are in numerical order, while the auctions are mixed in regards to the lot numbers. So you can act quickly on the ones about to end.

And you probably could keep remaking the trade to make it appear at the end, but the last page isn't always full, so it could only take 2 or 3 new trades to get you bumped on to the second last page. Plus I see it as a hassle to remake the same trade, and others just see it as annoying, and will avoid you. Plus you can always advertise what you have uft on the trading board.