The OSS Starlight (Open!)

in Roleplaying

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 7 November 2019 at 3:45 PM

Deep in the cosmos, thousands of light years from Earth lies the planet of Arleon.

This planet has everything you can imagine. Oceans, lakes, mountains, valleys, caves and forests.. It has bustling cities and little towns. All of this is amazing, sure, but what the Arleonians are most proud of is their tech. They were the first in the entire universe to discover how to make a hologram, a music speaker or even a magnet. Their tech is known by all of their galaxy as the best, the fastest, the coolest and the most thought-out tech around. All of this is powered by a being in the center of the planet. The being is little more than a piece of solid crystal with a soul. Its name is known by none but those who see it. If it were to be killed or destroyed, the world as they know it would be doomed.

The Arleonians have only one enemy. The Olazar Nation. Very little is known about the Olazar nation, but what is known is that they will stop at nothing to get the power source. Nobody alive knows why they want it, but they have destroyed other planets in their solar system trying to get a power source that strong.

One day, a mostly destroyed ship crashes on Arleon. The alien inside only survives long enough to tell the nearby town that they're coming-The Olazar Nation. Despite efforts to keep this quiet, word gets out to the rest of the world that the aliens are coming to either get the crystal or destroy the world. They won't settle for failure.

At random, a group of people from all over Arleon were notified that they were to meet at the capital for training to defeat the Olazar. They'll defeat the aliens on the Official Star Ship (OSS) Starlight. These people are all ages and nationalities. They are all the best at something that nobody else can do as well as they can. Your characters are these people.

About the characters:
They can be anything that you want, wether human, animal or even a talking vegetable. They can be a mix a the three even. Anything you want to do, you can do. If you want them to be able to fly or breathe underwater, Sure! Go for it! Fire control? Go for it! super good at firing guns? Shoot! The only thing I won't allow is for them to be part Olazar.

Rules:
~ No Mary/Gary sues.
~No taking control of someone else's character unless they say it's alright.
~ Don't kill off other people's characters unless they agree.
~Keep it PG-13
~Please try to use this format of writing: (The toad spoke to the frog and said, "How are you?") instead of: (*goes to the frog* hi)
~5 characters max.
~Please don't use abbreviations like 'LOL' or 'JK'.

Name, Gender, Age, Rank and Username
(* by 1st Mate, 2nd Mate and Captain)

*Rajani Damira Itri (Jani) // Female // 330 // First Mate // @bgunny
Kova Moonlace // Female // 298 // Navigator // @wingedfox
*Ngar Bajar'na // Male // 120 // Captain // @wingedfox
Owly Snow (Nascha) // Male // 20 // Pilot // @bgunny
*Yoshino Fidochi (Yoshi) // Female // 15 // Second Mate // @valleries1
Princess Cimeselti Amira Norharan (Clem) / /Female // 119 // Medic // @bgunny
Sabil Gneoran // Female // 18 // Communicator // @shadowdragon28
Palomi Cantaoro (Lomi) // Female // 57 // Assistant Medic and Medical Engineer // @arcana
Auroaz Hildergard // Female // 134 // Chef //@playermocha345
Tahag Torrance Essex (Tag) // 15 // Male // Chef // @bgunny
Amryn // 17 // Male // ... // @shadowdragon28

Character sheet:
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
History(Optional):
Rank on the ship:
Fears:
Powers:
Skill:
Pets:
Additional info (add anything you want):

Pings (Sorry if you don't want it):
@summerglow4a
@shadowdagon28
@arcana
@bgunny

1,327 posts

bgunny • 7 November 2019 at 6:46 PM

@wingedfox
Thanks for the ping!
Sounds interesting! I'll probably make a character(s). I want to think of some ideas for them and I'd also like to see your characters first.

(I'm so trying to think of ideas for a talking vegetable character...)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 8 November 2019 at 12:19 PM

@bgunny You're welcome!
(If you come up with one I'd love to see it!)

I don't have a lot of time right now, but here's my first character. There will be three more on the way!
Name: Kova Moonlace

Appearance: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/91/00/a2/9100a249d20e62b0d34f630bd04ea429.jpg

Personality: At first glance, Kova seems like a kind, polite helpful person when you first meet her, but when you get to know her more, she's sarcastic, witty and a little sadistic when it comes to beating up enemies. She has a soft spot for talking vegetables and loves anything cute and cuddly. She sometimes says things she shouldn't say and never takes back her words. When she was younger she came up with a catchphrase that hasn't left her alone. "Jerkface sighted, on my way to destroy."

History(Optional): She was kept in the caves of her home mountains until she was a certain age. In her society, when she reaches an age, they're considered an adult. When she reached the age her society took her out of the caves for her first view of the stars. She was captivated by them and has since gotten a burning passion for learning all about them.

Rank on the ship: Navigator
Dislikes: Any and all meat
Fears: The Olazar
Powers: She has none other than the fact that she knows where all the stars are, she knows where the planets are and if she knows someone, she knows where they would likely be. She is very good at orienting herself.

Skill: She knows where all the stars are, she knows where the planets are and if she knows someone, she knows where they would likely be.

Pets: https://i.pinimg.com/564x/b6/4f/16/b64f163d85ae54e0c97a53b3ddff0fa5.jpg
A white dragon-like creature with no wings.
Additional info (add anything you want): Her race is the Avalinko race.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 8 November 2019 at 1:39 PM

@wingedfox
I actually did find a way to do it! I haven't created him fully yet, but he's the cutest thing ever! I'm still thinking about whether or not I'm going to play as him. I made the mistake of searching humanoid creatures on Google and now I have a bunch of ideas. I only want to make 4 characters, so I'm having trouble choosing. He's definitely a strong contestant, though.

I do have a question. What are the different rankings on the ship? Are we allowed to make up our own?

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 8 November 2019 at 2:03 PM

Wohooo!

To answer you question, There are different rankings. Here are the main six.
Captain
First mate
Second mate
Chef
Pilot
Navigator
Engineer
Communicator
Medic
These are just the main ones, but any other ideas or spinoffs of the others are welcome!

1,327 posts

bgunny • 8 November 2019 at 2:10 PM

😊

Okay! May I suggest adding Chef, Pilots, and Engineers to that list? Also, if I get my character up before someone else claims it, could I have them with first mate or were you planning on taking that slot?

Sorry for all the questions!

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 8 November 2019 at 2:28 PM

Oh, it's alright! Asking questions is the best way to learn.
I knew I had forgotten something in that list. I'll add those.
Of course your character can be first mate! I hadn't planned for taking it.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 8 November 2019 at 4:06 PM

Here is my first character. Please tell me if I need to change anything around.

Name: Rajani Damira Itri
Nickname: Jani (feel honored if she lets you call her this)
Appearance:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/aa/4c/b8/aa4cb887a982ddaa8837818a6c1f1a54.jpg

Rajani has silky long black hair. Her hair glitters like it has stars in them. The other races have questioned if they do. Rajani and her people always smile mysteriously when asked. She has intimidating golden eyes. Her eyes are always glowing softly. Her facial expressions can change in an instant. At one moment, they can be calm and neutral. The next she will be stormy and angry. Her skin is a purple grey color. Her short nails and lips are a darker purple than her skin. This is natural. Rajani wears no makeup. She doesn't see the point in it. She has pointy ears like an elf, but she is not an elf. Sometimes people mistake her for a dark elf. Don't do it! She will get very offended and angry. She has glowing designs etched all over her body. She calls them her runes. They glow brighter when she uses her powers or is about to use her powers. She can diminish their light, but she doesn't like to do it because it makes her feel weak. She normally wears dark clothing. On days she isn't on missions, she wears a black dress with a black cloak. When she is working out or on job, she will wear her cloak, a black shirt, and black pants.

Personality:

Like the rest of her tribe, Rajani is a reserved and mysterious person. She doesn't open to others easily. She makes sure to be kind to others and she will talk to them, but when the topic turns to her, she will quickly shut up and walk away. She does like to learn about other people. She was stuck in her tribe for so long, she isn't very well versed in how others are. She is a very good leader, which is probably why she was made first mate. She always seems to know what to do, and even when she doesn't she acts like she does. Which could be a good thing or a bad thing. She get's worried sometimes when she's not sure if she's doing the right thing. She always wants to make right choices. She hates admitting when she's wrong, but she is open to other's suggestions on what they should do. She is intelligent. She learns quickly. She has a strong sense of duty. She will always do what she needs to do. She is a hardworker and no-nonsense type of person. She acts calm for the most part, but has a hard tongue. Don't get on her bad side. You will regret it. Unfortunately, it is very easy to get on her bad side or to make her angry. She gets offended very easily. She tries to be respectful of those older and higher-leveled than her, but when they are doing something she disagrees with, she will make sure they are aware.

As a friend, she doesn't trust very easily. They need to show her they are worthy of her trust first, which is a very hard thing to do. Once you have her trust, you will find she is a great friend. She is extremely protective and will give her life to those she cares about. She will be loyal for the most part. If a friendship gets in the ways of her responsibilities, she may have trouble deciding which is more important to her. She will also be much more open. Her personality will change greatly. She will be less serious and more fun-loving. She will also enjoy teasing. It will be really easy to lose her trust, though, so watch out.

History:

Rajani's race are called the Lumerians. They are reserved and mysterious, tending to stick to themselves. Since the past 40-50 years, they have become to try and be more friendly with the other Arleonians. The Lumerians race have always been closely tied to the stars. There are some legends that the first Lumerians were created by stars. No one knows if this is true or not, but the Lumerians have considered it likely. A new born baby is set out into a clearing. he stars will then give them their powers. The clearer the day, the stronger the child's powers will be.

Rajani was born on a very clear night, so she is very powerful. For the most part, she had a fairly normal life. She was the firstborn child in her family. She has 12 sister and 9 brothers. She spent a lot of her time taking care of and leading her siblings. She admits that she owes her leading skills partly to her siblings. Her parents were very supportive of her. They knew her potential and hired the best mentor for her. When she wasn't with her siblings, she spent her time practicing her powers with her mentor. She hoped, and still hopes, that someday she would be put on the Council, which consists of the best Lumerians that lead the rest. Just a few years ago her mentor became very ill, she put her training on hold and devoted her time to help him get better. When she was contacted to join the OSS Starlight, she almost declined, but her mentor insisted she go. She agreed begrudgingly. She was just given word that her mentor passed away. She is determined to do her very best to make him proud.

Rank on Ship: First Mate
Likes/Dislikes:

She loves the stars and the night. She also enjoys cool rainy days. Believe it or not, she also likes to go out and have fun with her friends. She doesn't have many friends right now, though, so she hasn't been able to do much of that. She enjoys different fruits and food. She likes to try new things. She loves to learn and read. She also likes to work out and exercise. She has a passion for music. She loves to listen to it. She loves to create it. In her tribe, she often sang for her brothers and sister. She won't sing for people she doesn't know or trust. She likes to feel she is needed. She gets stressed when she doesn't. Her favorite animals are the bioluminescent ones. She thinks they are very beautiful. She likes little kids. They remind her of her siblings back at home.

Rajani has a hate for the light of the sun. It hurts her eyes and weakens her powers. When she is out in the light, she wears a cloak at all times. She doesn't like upbeat, annoying people. They bother her. While there was annoying people in her tribe, there was never any upbeat people. She also detests people who slack off and don't take anything seriously. She doesn't like overly stressful environments, but they don't bother her as much as they used to. She gets extremely angry when she reads a poorly written book. It's really funny. She'll throw the book across the room and shout at it.

Fears:

She doesn't have many fears. Fears are for the weak in her opinion. Of course, everyone has their fears. She's no different. She's terrified of losing her 'pet'. She's scared that someone she is close to will hurt her. She's also scared she will lose them. Her tribe tells a scary story about Eternal Day. She knows it was a fake story to scare the kids, but to this day it still gives her shudders to think or hear of it. She is scared of anything she can't understand.

Powers:

Stellar Manipulation- In a quick and basic description, Rajani can control the stars. This power gives her many applications, such as gravity manipulations, star communication, and others. It is a rare and revered power in her tribe. She is honored to have it.

Divination- Divination is a power everyone in her tribe has. She has focused mainly on her Stellar Manipulation and is still getting the hang of this one. She is already doing pretty good at it, but doesn't use it very often. She believes the future should be a secret.

Skill: She is a good leader, a fast leaner, and good fighter. She knows how to wield dual knives expertly. She is definitely a force to reckon with if you're not on her side.

Pets:
https://66.media.tumblr.com/c28259b72f34c215aa4a0d6eebce
ab03/tumblr_om62qlKSjO1umtmbuo1_400.jpg

In Rajani's tribe, when they begin training they are given a Satvana (animal guide) that they were connected to at a young age. The Satvana and Lumerian's relationship is a treasured one. The two can speak telekinetically. They can sense each other's emotions and if they are okay or not. Losing the other is a horrible tragedy, and neither the Satvana or Lumerian recovers from it. Rajani's Satvana is a beautiful peryton. He is mostly a dark blue color. He has strong black antlers. His eyes are golden just like Rajani's. The tip of his wings and feathery tail are golden. She named him Alwyn, which means noble friend. They are very close. She is rarely ever seen without him.

Additional info: I feel like I did a bad job writing up her form. I'll probably change it around and bring more depth into her. I'll tell you if I do and what I changed. I hope she's okay! Also, I know she's like Kova, but that wasn't at all intentional. I had the idea for Rajani since yesterday. Great minds think alike I guess! This is the second time we've done similar things in a roleplay. Also, I made up the word Satvana. I took a word from another language that meant animal and added to it.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 8 November 2019 at 4:21 PM

That is an amazing character! I feel like I know Rajani already.

There's only one thing that I'd change around. The link for the pet image isn't working.

In reply to the Additional Info, I think this form is a lot more inFORMative than mine was. Yours gets into everything about the character and mine just scratches the surface. It's awesome!

1,327 posts

bgunny • 8 November 2019 at 6:29 PM

Thank you so much! That means a lot to me. I'll admit, I don't have much confidence and even when I do something good, I think it's bad. Heheh, inFORMative. Good one. I think Kova is pretty awesome, though, too. I got all excited when I was reading her form.

Really? It was working for me. Hmm, okay, I think I know what's wrong. I messed around with it a bit. Does it work now? If not, I'll do something else to fix it.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 8 November 2019 at 7:09 PM

You're welcome! And thank you. I get random bursts of inspiration and them an hour later it's gone and I can only think of one-word answers.

It does if you copy the first part onto a new tab, then the other part to the end of the first part and then search it. It didn't work when I just copied it.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 8 November 2019 at 8:00 PM

@wingedfox

this seems complex but fun!

Quick question, for the appearance and pets section, did you draw it? Or just pull on off of the internet?

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 8 November 2019 at 8:08 PM

@valleries1 Thanks!

To answer your question, I pulled them both off the internet. I may switch them out if I draw something that fits the character better. Should I add that in the 'Additional Info'?

2,892 posts

skymoare • 8 November 2019 at 8:37 PM

@wingedfox

Oh I was just asking, because I suck at drawing, so I was wondering if I should just find something online. Thanks for answering my question. Now time to fill out that form...

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 8 November 2019 at 9:13 PM

@valleries1 You're welcome!
Thanks for mentioning the form! It reminded me that I have another character to put down.

Name: Ngar Bajar'na
Appearance: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/297800594105952475/

Personality: He acts as if he thinks he's above everything and everyone else. He has it in his head that he's better than everyone because of his birth in the royalty of the Fazhe tribe. He rarely talks to the others around him unless it's crucial to the mission or time. He would like to talk or chat more, but he's scared of what his kin would think of him and his choices. When it comes to actually having to talk to the others, he doesn't say a lot but listens to everything. He rarely shows his emotions. When he realizes that it's alright to talk to others, he listens to everyone and makes sure that decisions are okay with everyone before making them happen. If they aren't, he'll figure out another way.

History(Optional): He doesn't remember most of his childhood, but what he does remember that it was filled with lessons and hardships. He's glad he doesn't remember. When the notice was sent to him that he was supposed to go to the place, he was actually pretty happy because he could be free of all the rules and customs.

Rank on the ship: Captain
Likes: The burritos in the ship's cafeteria and any small creatures. Bonus points if it's fluffy.
Dislikes: Most fruits and vegetables
Fears: Fears heights and getting wet.
Powers: He can see glimpses of people's thoughts through his pale white eyes. If he wants to, he can send his thoughts into other people's heads. He rarely likes to.

Skill: He's a leader and he's a good listener.
Pets: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/841328774122838082/
A small, blue catlike creature with horns. Its name is Killer.
Additional info (add anything you want): He'll meet Killer as a stowaway in his ship's quarters.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 8 November 2019 at 9:18 PM

Yeah, I understand. I get like that with inspiration sometimes too.

Okay, I'll try and fix it tomorrow. It's strange because I can see it just fine.

Also, Oh My Gosh, wingedfox, I was going to make a exiled princess of her tribe! I'll say it again: Great minds think alike! Am I allowed to do that or would you like me to change it because of rules, Ngar, mixture of both? I don't mind.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 8 November 2019 at 9:23 PM

You're allowed to do that. Ngar isn't exiled at all, he's just a by-the-book prince from a strict tribe. More than one can definitely be royal. The group of people were chosen by random- it makes sense that there could be more than one of them.

1,478 posts

arcana • 8 November 2019 at 10:02 PM

I'd love to join and have a character, maybe characters in the works, but they're taking a bit longer to make than usual, so they might be up in the next few days or so, if that's okay.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 8 November 2019 at 10:23 PM

Okay! Just making sure!

Name: Owly Snow
Nickname: Nascha (You better call him that!)
Appearance:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/7d/89/90/7d8990fbd2dbfd6ae10b417d5b2ec7b5.jpg

Nascha is a humanoid snow owl/dog creature. He stands on two legs but has feet like that of a dog. His arms are wings that extend into clawed hands. He has a long tail like a dog. His body is covered with feathers and fur. He is mostly white with a few black places here and there. He has piercing stormy blue eyes. He stands at around 6 feet. In his human form, he is a pale boy with short white hair that is black at the tips and the same eyes. He has a tail and ears like in his creature form. He can choose whether he keeps his claws or not. He is shorter in his human form standing at around 5 feet 6 inches. He wears white clothing. In either form, he always has his bow and arrows handy. He gets nervous without them.

Personality:

Nascha is a gruff and unsociable person. He doesn’t care to make friends. He doesn’t want to make friends. Leave him alone and your life will be fine. Now if you’re determined to make friends with him, good for you, he’s actually a very sweet boy at heart. Tread lightly, though. He gets angered insanely quick. Saying hello could be enough to get him to snap at you. He doesn’t talk much, but he thinks a lot about what he wants to say. Most of what he wants to say isn’t very good. He always seems to be grumpy. He is hardly ever caught smiling or acting happy. Somehow, people still manage to trust him. He is a reliable person and will get his work done. He is even more trustworthy to people who befriend him. He is kind and loyal. He gets embarrassed easily by those he cares about, which is amusing and cute. He doubts anyone will be able to befriend him, though. In all his life, only two people managed to find a way into his stony heart. He likes to boast that he doesn’t have a heart. He feels like it’s a cool thing to say and it chases people away.

History:

Nascha lived with his parents up in a snowy forest. There were other humanoid owls, but they tended to stay apart from each other and only visited on special days. He was an only child. His parents babied and spoiled him. At first when he was a baby, he enjoyed it. As he grew older, he became overwhelmed by it all. They were way too overprotective of him. If he wanted to go out and play, they had to be with him every single second of the time. They didn’t let him anything they thought was too dangerous. He had to wear pads while he flew. Eventually he grew sick of it and started to sneak out late at night so he could practice his archery and powers the way he wanted to. On one of his trips he met a nice humanoid owl girl named Lusa. She had many similar interests as him. They visited each other a lot. She helped him with his powers and archery. She also started to teach him how to pilot a spaceship. His parents found out one day and they weren’t allowed to see each other anymore. He began to resent his parents even more and he got in a really big argument with them. As soon as he turned 18, he moved out of the house. He looked for Lusa, but her family had moved, and no one knew where they went. He’s been looking for her for the past two years. She was his only friend. He has set finding her aside for now because of being enlisted into the OSS Starlight.

Rank on Ship: Pilot
Likes/Dislikes:

Oh boy, what does Nascha like? Not much. He loves the snow. He doesn’t play very much, but when it’s snowy he will almost always lose his grumpiness and play. He likes practicing archery. There’s something very satisfying about destroying targets. His favorite foods are mice, fish, and rabbits. When he’s in his owl form that’s all he’ll eat. When he’s human he’ll eat the other human food. He’s not very picky about what he eats when he is human.

Nascha hates the heat. It doesn’t hurt him, but when it’s hot out he can’t use his snow power. The snow just melts away like nothing. His parents tried to teach him how to control the cold, but when did he ever listen to his parents? He kind of regrets that now, though. The heat also makes him slightly uncomfortable when he is in his owl form. He doesn’t like his parents or other people who act like his parents. He won’t accept help from others. He doesn’t like it. He can do things on his own! He doesn’t like foxes, cats, or hawks, or any cute animals. Cute things make him feel sick for some reason. He doesn’t like the rain. It makes his feathers all gross and wet.

Fears:

For some reason, loud noises always seem to scare him. It doesn’t matter if he’s expecting them, he will always jump with fear. He’s scared of fire. When he can help it, he refuses to get close to it. It burns his feathers and makes it so he can’t use his snow powers. Sudden bright lights also scare him. Honestly, he curses his owl instincts for all his fears.

Powers:

Snow Manipulation- Nascha can control and create snow. He thinks it’s a useless power. How is snow supposed to help defend himself against enemies? He holds some resent for it. Although, he will admit, it’s sometimes fun to create snow to play in.

Invisibility- He also has basic invisibility. He also resents this power because he can’t hold it for very long. His longest record was about 20 minutes, but his average is 15 minutes. He’s been working on trying to make others go invisible, but it hasn’t been working out. He’s only been able to make a limb go invisible for another person. He can make inanimate objects go invisible for as long as he is touching it and is invisible himself.

Skill:

Thanks to Lusa, Nascha is one of the best at archery around there. He is also a good pilot thanks to her. The owl side of him also gives him many helpful skills. He has heightened hearing and sight. He can see in the dark. His head can also turn like an owl’s, but only when he is in his owl form.

Pets:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/66/00/d4/6600d4f6a3123176ea2e679fcec29995.jpg

He doesn’t have any pets. He thinks it’s an absurd thing to do to animals. Except… just a few days ago he did find this cute little fluffball that was injured. He took her in and healed her. She’s a good cute too, not a bad cute. She’s stayed with him now and is his friend, not a pet. He has named her Lavie. She looks like a little, fluffy, and lavender fox creature, but she’s NOT a fox. Don’t DARE call her one. She just LOOKs like one. Looking and being are two different words. She has amber eyes. She has streaks of white and purple all over her body. He is completely ignorant of it, but the fact he has this creature shows he has a heart. No one has pointed it out to him yet. Whoever does is a brave person indeed.

Additional info:
Family: Slade Snow (Dad, Estranged), Katlani Snow (Mom, Estranged)
Name: His parents seriously named him Owly. It's no wonder he holds resentment towards them. He changed his name to Nascha, which still means owl, but it's better than literally being called owl. He has not changed his name legally yet, though, so when he was enlisted to the OSS Starlight he had to sign his name as Owly. He is making his preferred name known. (This is called me trying to make an excuse for giving my character a bad name. Blame it on the parents...)

2,892 posts

skymoare • 9 November 2019 at 6:41 PM

@wingedfox

Is this good?

Name: Yoshino Fidochi (Yoshi)
Appearance: 
 Normal appearance:   https://www.wallpaperup.com/uploads/wallpapers/2012/09/09/13541/ba90d4fc4f100854f19c1281bfc5d707.jpg Yoshi has different colored eyes, people know when she is about to lose control when her green eye turns icy blue. She normally wears black sports clothe. She wears a ruby necklace which she summons her beasts from and metal bracelets to keep her powers at bay. 
Full Armor: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/921427840554773282/2A8092C89E0AD221788D1DCE0CC01CFF91E27724/
Personality:
Yoshi's personality is considered strange to many people. But those who understands her history, calls her a monster. Due to her past experiences, Yoshi rarely trusts others. She mainly hangs around her beasts. When she comes in contact with other people, she is cold and unsocial.
History(Optional):Yoshi grew up in a place with one rule: kill or be killed. From a young age she strongly disliked associating herself with others. She kept to herself and developed close relationships with beasts. When she was young, she and many other children were taken away for experiments. One day, a dragon spoke to her, making Yoshi his vessel. In an experimental failure, everything blew up. Leaving Yoshi as the only survivor. 

Over the years Yoshi learned that her new power she was given was too much for her to control. The power of the elements (mainly fire) was in her grasp. She found that she could turn into a beast (tiger with dragon-like wings and scorpion tail), and her ultimate form a dragon. 
The voice of the dragon whispers in her head, sometimes taking over her body. The dragon is strong, and Yoshi has a hard time controlling it. Nearly slaughtering everyone who came close to her. Thus, every where she went, people called her a monster. So, she mainly stayed with her beasts instead of people. However, she was determined to prove the ones who looked down on her wrong, so she joined OSS; to put her powers in good use.

Rank on the ship: Second Mate

Likes/Dislikes:
 She loves her beasts and flying. She also enjoys fire and watching things burn. Because of the scenes she witnessed in her childhood years, Yoshi has no problem with bloodshed. She enjoys fighting, violence, and doesn't believe in mercy. However, when it comes to peaceful times, such as normal socializing, Yoshi keeps to herself. She knows that anyone who becomes close to her will get hurt. Thus she despises making friends. Yoshi also has a weakness to high pitch sounds. Fears:Her worst fear is the powers she was given. Yoshi is the vessel of a forgotten dragon, so some times the beast within her will take control, making Yoshi powerless. Yoshi also occasionally has flashbacks of the human experiments she was in when she was younger. Hearing high pitched sounds also brings back memories. Despite being able to control water, Yoshi has a strong fear of drowning. 

Skill: Elements: Ability to control all elements (only well-trained in fire) 
Ability to speak to beasts
Shape-shifting: Can turn into a beast (tiger with dragon-like wings and scorpion tail). Her ultimate form is  a dragon.   
Her ruby necklace has the power of summoning beasts
Special skills: 
Total annihilation:  The power to annihilate everything in a certain distance.
Instant elimination: The power to eliminate her enemy instantly with a flick of her hand
*Both skills are very energy consuming. By using one, it drains Yoshi's power away and leaves her very weak. She hates using them because if she were to use them after getting injured, she would put her life at risk*
Pets:
https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/b56eeda0-7f05-454d-a3f4-7a8dd5107e0b/d4j0qs0-40e09239-7f4e-429f-8925-a20b9691f4e7.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2I1NmVlZGEwLTdmMDUtNDU0ZC1hM2Y0LTdhOGRkNTEwN2UwYlwvZDRqMHFzMC00MGUwOTIzOS03ZjRlLTQyOWYtODkyNS1hMjBiOTY5MWY0ZTcuanBnIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.j4PQaIaGf0WnXFnCkt9Uc1jm4T6XrltrHcrTPI8nm2c 
Name: Blazeshadow (the fire the that burns in the shadows) 
flaming tiger with dragon like features. 
Additional info (add anything you want): oof this is long. Did I over do it?

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 9 November 2019 at 7:57 PM

@arcana Alright! Just do it whenever you can.

@valleries1
Yep! that's awesome! Accepted.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 9 November 2019 at 8:21 PM

@wingedfox

I'm probably going to add another character, but it's going to take time.
Oh
Do we RP here, or are you going to make a new forum?

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 9 November 2019 at 9:49 PM

@valleries1 Sounds good.

I usually just do the roleplay on the same forum as the signups, but I'm going to try it on a new forum this time. I've found that it's hard to find the characters if you make a new one in the middle of the roleplay and try to find it later.

2,892 posts

skymoare • 9 November 2019 at 10:07 PM

@wingedfox

yeah give it a try. It's a bit more organized

Deleted • 10 November 2019 at 1:13 AM

Character sheet
Name: Auroaz Hildergard
Appearance:
Fiery orange hair, ruby eyes. Who is she? Auroaz the Poison Witch.
https://cdn130.picsart.com/299029422134201.png?r1024x1024

Personality:
Fiesty, rash and reckless. Don't try her patience, or you might just end up in a bad way.

"Anger me? Then, why don't you try a taste of something spicy? It'll.. burn you straight to death."
"Posion Ivy? A hoard of Olazar? What happens if you mix some poison oak and some oil? Will it kill them?"
"I'll play and play and play some more, but you'll never know it was me who did it."

History(Optional):
When she was young, Auroaz's parents sold her off to slave traders to pay off their debt. She stayed under their thumbs for months, until she ran away. She met an old woman who specialized in medicines, affectionately called Panacea by those she treated. However, Auroaz's thinking was a little warped due to her stay with the slave traders. She found a way to reverse the effects of everything Panacea taught her, becoming deadly intelligent in poisons. After all, those that know how to save know how to kill too, don't they??

Rank on the ship: Chef

Likes: Gourmet Food, Sweets, Trickery, Crowds, Poisonous Critters.
"Food should be a delight to the tongue, if not what is life worth living for?"
"People look down on ants, but we do more than you can ever do in a week."

Dislikes: Scummy people, Dirt, Touchy people.
Fears: Silence, Power, Coldness.
Powers: Poison, Fire.
Skill:
Scattered Body - Auroaz's body is dispersed into smoke, making it almost impossible to see her. (Difficult to control, takes some time before she can reform. Only able to stay as a specter if locked in this form)
Flame Whips- Fire is uncontrollable, unpredictable, and her whips can elongated and widen, but are restricted to a certain distance. (May be affected by the wind, either suppressed or emboldened.)
Familiar- Her familiar is formless, nothing more than a blob of purple, shapeless, boneless, cute. (Takes on the form of an octopus most of the time, ability to manipulate shadows)

Pets:
Kyla https://i.ytimg.com/vi/lLKaXshILBY/maxresdefault.jpg
Mirime
https://www.deviantart.com/zombiesmile/art/Lynx-659571343 (Human)
https://cdn.imgbin.com/25/9/3/imgbin-lynx-drawing-anime-cartoon-blue-shading-uZhQUkKBVNrrp65AbWxCR15kJ.jpg (Animal)

Additional info (add anything you want): XX
@wingedfox Can I join with Auroaz?

1,327 posts

bgunny • 10 November 2019 at 11:08 AM

Name: Princess Cimeselti Amira Norharan
Nickname: Clem
Appearance:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/0c/dc/62/0cdc625ded921d27da5764d0b5c5c7c0.jpg

Clem has light green hair that darkens towards the tips. She has wings that start at the green Clem’s hair ends and continues to darken. Her wings look pretty and delicate, but they are surprisingly strong. She has gentle brown eyes. A soft smile is normally on her face. She has a black horn on her forehead. She has a green snake tail. She can make her tail go away, and she often does just that. She feels less clumsy with it gone, which is saying something because she is already a graceful person even with it. Just like her wings, she looks like an overall delicate creature, but she is strong mentally. Physically… not so much. She is small and slender for her kind. She wears a beautiful white and dark forest green dress. She has two bracelets one on her upper left arm and one on her right wrist. She wears a decorative circlet she has had since she was exiled from her kingdom.

(She looks just like the picture, except her nails are short.)

Personality:

Clem is a gentle and soft-hearted girl. She is quiet at first but warms up to people quickly. Once you get close to her, you’ll learn that she’s not as shy as she acts at first, but she’ll still be soft-spoken. She can be quite talkative. However, she doesn’t like when she’s the only one talking. She is very helpful and is always ready to lend a hand to those who need it. She’ll drop whatever she’s doing to help someone. This can be a flaw because it is easy to trick and manipulate her. It’s really hard to anger her but is possible. When she becomes angry at someone or they are doing something she doesn’t believe in, she acts scary. She’ll talk in a low voice and glare at the other person. For some people, this can intimate them, others are able to look past and think about how ‘cute’ she is. Clem is always trying to prove she’s enough to herself and others. She often thinks and calls herself a shame or disappointment to her kingdom. The sad part is she really believes what she calls herself. She definitely doesn’t flaunt her title. She is always worrying about being good and tries so hard to not do a bad thing. She tries hard to practice being a leader. Honestly, she’s not very good at it. She keeps trying, though. She has a lot of determination.

History:

Clem was born to the King and Queen of the univerm’s. Her parents loved her dearly, but they knew her black horn might be a problem. All univerm’s were born with white horns. The few exceptions with black horns always became evil and were chased away. They tried to protect their daughter as well as they could, but eventually their subjects began to rebel. They started riots and attacked the castle. When she was a young girl, they were forced to exile her from the kingdom. They had to make a whole production out of it. Clem was shamed, thinking she wasn’t good enough for her people. She was determined to be good so she could come back one day and lead the univerm’s. She wandered around the forest for a few days, only surviving because of her powers and the animal’s friends she made along the way. Eventually, she found a kind old lady and her son that let her live with them. The old lady noticed Clem had the ability to heal and decided to teach her. She was very content with them. They were humans, though, and Clem outlived both of them. The son just died recently. She was surprised when the OSS contacted her, but she accepted. She didn’t have anything better to do, and she hoped she could finally prove to the other univerm’s that she was worthy of their trust.

Rank on Ship: Medic
Likes/Dislikes:

Clem likes working on her studies to be a ruler. She really does want to be able to lead her people someday. Her favorite pastime is being out in nature during any time or weather. She will often go outside and roam around for hours at a time. She likes to talk to all her animal friends. She loves her pets and spends a lot of her time with them. She enjoys helping and healing others. Anytime she can be of service, she is happy. A hobby she likes is to create, specifically drawing and writing. When she needs time to calm, she’ll go out in nature and draw or write.

She doesn’t like polluted and overpopulated areas. She prefers to stay in the country where there is a lot of nature. She also doesn’t like a lot of commotion or noise. She hates meat. She refuses to eat it. She doesn’t like thinking that she’s not enough or her past when she lived in her kingdom. Unfortunately, she dwells on those two thoughts a lot. She doesn’t like anyone who has evil or destructive thoughts. She’ll shy away from those people. Somehow, she is remarkably good at noticing them.

Fears:

She fears never being able to prove she is enough for her people. She is also scared she will someday be put in a situation where she will have to harm someone. She doesn’t ever want to have to harm and takes great pains to give them forgiveness and sympathy instead. She’s scared of losing those she cares about. She doesn’t ever want to be alone again or cast away from those she cares about like before. She worries that her horn will break because it is the source of most of her powers. She’s scared of mosquitoes. They always have mean and bad attitudes when she tries talking to them. She has realized that mosquitoes are the only animals in the world that are evil. All they care to talk about is blood.

Powers:

Horn Detection- The horn is the source of magic for the univerm’s. Univerm’s are all different, as they are all connected to a different power, but they do all have abilities to detect things with their horns. They can sense when someone is lying. They can sense evil and bad intentions. And, they can sense good emotions in others, but this is where it splits for Clem. She can sense bad emotions instead of good emotions, supposedly, because of her black horn. Clem describes sensing lies, evil, and bad intentions as feeling a pinch.

Nature Manipulation- Clem was born with a strong connection towards nature. That’s why neither of her parents were surprised when they learned her powers were nature oriented. She can speak with nature and animals. She can also control nature. Her deep connection enables her to feel how the Earth is feeling, which can be a good thing or a bad thing. If she is in a polluted environment, she begins to feel weak and sick, like the Earth feels.

Healing- Clem had no idea she could heal until the old lady taught her. She loves to heal. She enjoys it a little better than her other power, which is saying a lot because she loves her connection with nature. Unlike her nature power and horn detection, Clem heals using something inside her instead of her horn. She’s not sure what, but whenever she heals, she feels a tug inside of her and then warmth on her hands.

Skill:

Her powers are pretty much the only skills she has. She knows she can’t depend on her powers all the time, so she has also taught herself to heal others without using her powers. She has a gentle hand. She also seems to be able to soften even the hardest people, which is a skill upon itself. It gets her many helpful friends.

Pets:

Jo: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/86/ec/7d/86ec7d3f830b19cf94e24017cb39449c.jpg

Nina: https://d.facdn.net/art/blackraven-adopts/1514675177/1514675177.blackraven-adopts_1514605804.blackraven-adopts_sneka.jpg

Dara: https://i.pinimg.com/originals/06/08/04/0608048db49279f7caa244fe39f9496a.jpg

Clem has 3 pets. They are an... interesting band of pets. She found two of them while she was wandering in the forest. The last she found recently. Her first pet is a winged mouse named Jolina, Jo for short. Jolina is a small mouse about the size of a hand. She is light blue and has specks of white all over her body that look like sparkles. She has cute pink ears and black beady eyes. She is very shy and timid. It takes a while for her to warm up to someone. She has a good opinion on people, and Clem often looks for her approval when making new friends. Her second is a winged rabbit. His name is Dara. He is mostly white. Her eyes are dark green. He has a long tail that ends with a tuft of fluffy hair. The tips of his wings, ears, and tail are black. He is the oldest of all her pets. He is also the most wise. He is her advisor and has helped her in her studies. The newest addition to her family is a baby winged feathery snake named Nina. She is blue, red, and purple on her body and white on her belly. She has strange and beautiful eyes. The top half is blue, and the bottom half is red. Where the two colors meet her eye is purple. She is the daring one, always ready for an adventure. She loves to tease and make fun of Clem and her other pets. Jo and Dara are still trying to warm up to her, being Nina’s prey and everything. Nina has promised never to eat her fellow pets. She has even started to show signs of caring for them now. Clem loves all her pets equally. She wouldn’t be sure what she would do if something happened to them. They’re her family.

Additional info: Clem is basically a mixture of Fluttershy from MLP and a pacifist OC I made who is very special to me, with some new stuff added in there. I hope she’s okay!

1,478 posts

arcana • 10 November 2019 at 1:27 PM

Here's my character! I hope she's okay!
Name: Palomi Cantaoro
Nickname: Lomi
Age: 57 years, 19 in human years, very young for her kind
Appearance: She could be compared to a ghost and a shadow, since she seems to look very gray, and she seems somewhat translucent. While she seems to look very gray, her skin tone is actually a very light bronze, should you inspect it more carefully. She has very long black hair that fades into a white, hiding her pet crow and rat inside. Oddly enough, sometimes it looks like feathers, and not hair. Occasionally she braids it. She wears a crisp white shirt and long black pencil skirts with leggings underneath. Sometimes they have silver embroidery. If she's outside, she wears a long black trench coat with seemingly endless pockets inside, while still looking flat. There seems to be some sort of gray smoke or sheen over her, although if you blink, it seems to go away.
Personality: Palomi is very quiet, in many ways. She has many cynical and sarcastic comments that would very much be insults, but she keeps them to herself. She fades into the background very quickly and only speaks if necessary. Should you become her friend, you'll find she's very odd, but very helpful, in many different aspects. She seems aloof, but she's a hard worker and respectful, and polite to everyone.
History(Optional): She comes from the Oro clan that is native to an extremely harsh land. She was brought up to respect death, and was told numbers of stories about Death, the main deity that her clan worships. She was taught to both respect Death and how to defy it. Palomi was brought up to be a traditional healer, but she was sent to learn from colleges and to learn modern technologies. It was there that she was drafted into this mission.
Rank on the ship: Assistant Medic and Medical Engineer (Wrote her a while ago, @bgunny, hope you don't mind!)
Likes: Shadows, dark areas, the colors white, black and gray, her pets, books, poetry
Dislikes: Bulls, the color yellow, dirty things,
Fears: Losing herself in a shadow, large charging animals, especially bulls, really bright flashes.
Powers: Resuscitation: She can, as she puts it "Convince Death to return their souls." No one in her clan has ever died from old age or sickness, although several have died from wild animals, a forest fire and outsiders. Sometimes they have been revived, sometimes they stayed dead. After Resuscitation, the person is very sickly, but will heal within a week if given the amount of care necessary to treat a cold. Not necessarily always successful.
Shadow Manipulation: Can blend into shadows or use them like how someone who could manipulate water would.
Skills: She has an extensive knowledge of modern medicine and ancient traditional healing techniques. Also attempting to create her own medicines. Can also communicate with many different types of avians or avian like creatures.
Pets: Kaisanapa and Akanatoy. Kaisanapa is a crow-like shadowy creature that likes hiding in Palomi's hair. She's cynical and grumpy, often insulting other people in crow language. Can also manipulate shadows and enjoys being spiteful. Kaisanapa often steals borrows finds things for Palomi. Akanatoy is a rat like shadow that enjoys sitting on her shoulder. Very similar to Kaisanapa and very good friends. He has red eyes, ones that glow and send people into somewhat trance like states, although it is very easy to break out of. Also "finds" things for Palomi, although both of them usually do it on their own, and not because Palomi tells them to.
Additional info: Might write some more for the pets, but their nicknames are Kipa and Kantoy. Because their names are way to long for me write every time I want to refer to them.

1,327 posts

bgunny • 10 November 2019 at 1:37 PM

@arcana
Nah, of course I don't mind! I'm sure there's more than one medic. Oh, and, she's a really neat character! 😊

Female
1,610 posts

shadowdragon28 • 10 November 2019 at 6:08 PM

@wingedfox
This sounds interesting! I attempted at making a character...

Character sheet:
Name: Sabil Gneoran
Appearance: https://66.media.tumblr.com/06d8d196b2e01fe37946b3b29a356c1e/tumblr_oxtkvtZ3FA1w2dbe6o1_400.png
She looks like a very large wolf, the size of a horse, with white eagle wings. She has a bracelet on her left foreleg made out of pearls, and has a scar on her chest.

Personality: She is very guarded because of her history. Sabil has a survivor's complex, and feels like she caused her friend's death. She is self deprecating and always blames herself. She believes that everyone is only looking out for themselves, herself included, and it is a dog eat dog world. She hates the way she is now, and how selfish she is. Sabil tries to be cold and aloof so if harm comes to someone else, she wouldn't feel guilty and take the blame, and to keep herself safe. She just looks out for herself, so she can't hurt anyone else. She tries to be superior and cold, but often snaps and has a bad temper.

History(Optional): Sabil was an average Arronuk, a mix between a wolf and an eagle, and lived with her pack. She had two good friends, and would spend each day with them. One day, while out running, she stumbled across the border after tripping. She fell into the other packs territory. Her pack and the other pack had a lot of tension, and they only didn't fight because of a treaty. Her pack believed that any Arronuk that fell across the border was corrupted, and had to be executed. She was terrified of this, and only told her closest friends. But one of them betrayed her trust, and told the rest of the pack. She only escaped because her other friend warned her. But he was killed for that, and she only barely managed to escape, earning a scar on her chest. She has been on the run since.
Rank on the ship: Communicator
Likes: She likes running, flying, and taking hikes in nature. She likes eating steak.
Dislikes: She hates people who are unloyal and nosy. She thinks her business is just for herself. She also hates water. She's scared of being betrayed again.
Weaknesses:
Most of her race can take a human form, but they are unguarded and weak while changing. Because of this, since Sabil's mind is conditioned towards always protecting herself, she can't change until overcoming this. This brings a lot of disadvantages to her. Mind control is also draining, and so is Charm if she overuses it. She also can't fly if her wings are wet. Charm also has to be believable if she uses it to manipulate someone, she can't just make up an unbelievable lie. Also, if she uses Charm, she is pretty vulnerable to attacks.

Fears: She is scared of getting someone hurt again, and if someone finds out her past. She thinks everyone will hate her, and that she killed her friend. She is scared of someone betraying her, and distances herself to keep herself safe. She also hates the water.
Powers:
Charm-This is the power to tamper with ones mind. She can cast illusions and do mind control. Her illusions are not quite illusions, it's just going into someone's mind and changing things around in it. Mind control can only be used with eye contact and is extremely draining, leaving one very vulnerable during this time. Charm can also be used to give suggestions and manipulate people by directing Charm at them.
Flight-Something her whole race has. She is pretty good at flying.

Skill: She is a master and manipulating and using her Charm. She's also pretty good at flying.
Pets: She does not believe in pets as she thinks they are being held captive by their owner. She relates to them, as she feels that her pack held her captive when she wanted to escape. She does not want them to feel trapped.

Additional info (add anything you want): Arronuk is an attempt at mashing eagle and wolf together

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 11 November 2019 at 4:36 PM

@playermocha345
Thanks for joining! And can I just say... That's a pretty awesome character!

@bgunny
Clem is fine, don't worry. Thanks for adding her!

@arcana
There can be two medics. All the better if they need to take care of lots and lots of wounded.

@shadowdragon28
Thanks! She's a pretty shnazzy character!

All of your characters are accepted! I'll add their names in the first post. Let me know if I don't get them up there and I will make sure I do.