Are y'all affected by coronavirus yet?

in Chit-Chat

1,478 posts

arcana • 17 March 2020 at 3:39 PM

Corona's pretty bad where I live, but I'm very fine with staying home. Social needs might take a toll on me, but I'm probably going to be fine. Schools have closed, and someone mentioned that Costco had lines to get food, which seems odd, because smaller shops have food too.

On an another note, I had the brilliant idea of downloading Pokemon Go again, which is both stupid and reasonable. I have a Gym right outside my house so that's great, but I can't reach it inside my house.(I mean if I run a couple meters outside...) Oof. I did get to Level 7 without any PokeStops, but I'm stuck now at Level 9 again.

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 17 March 2020 at 4:48 PM

High schools closed here until April 20.
Our senior prom is in jeopardy, and so is our graduation, which is sad.
All my colleges I got accepted to also canceled their tours, so I'll be choosing the place I'm spending the next 4 years of my life blindly, great.
But very necessary precautions.

2,251 posts

yts • 17 March 2020 at 5:13 PM

In my country we are in quarantine since march 11, no one can move from home for any reason but buying food/medicine, walking the dog and going to work (just doctors and indispensable professional roles)

Female
6,833 posts

whitefall • 17 March 2020 at 6:04 PM

@ethereality

Try digging into the university's student services/life pages & social media accounts (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, etc). It won't give you the same feeling as actually walking on campus, but it's something. I used to go on college forums to get information as well. Some universities might have photo albums on their official website/Facebook of locations they would usually show you on a tour. I'm sure if you contact the college, they'll be happy to provide you with resources. They won't miss the chance to attract potential students.

The way I viewed my college as a high school senior vs college senior is quite different. It's hard to tell what a school is really like until you go there. Tours give you a small idea of what the school is like, but your personal experience determines if you end up liking the place or not ^^ So don't stress too much and keep looking for opportunities to get information about the school. Even if you choose a school you like now and end up disliking it, it's never too late to switch.

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 18 March 2020 at 2:27 AM

yesterday, remote learning started.

we were supposed to go to school on monday too, but the district canceled that. we should be remote learning until the end of spring break, which is all the way in april. honestly though, i'm loving it so far, although it's been two days. i can ruin my sleep schedule however much i like, wake up however late i want, and i can do all my work in front of a computer screen. i will literally do anything to not go outside and right now we're supposed to self-quarantine.

covid-19 is a bit scary though, especially if someone you know might get it, but my family (literally all of which are in china) are safe 😊

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 18 March 2020 at 9:56 AM

@whitefall Alright thank you that makes me feel alot better ❤ī¸

Female
80 posts

wildnfree • 18 March 2020 at 11:26 AM

in the uk we haven't really had anything forced on us like they're recommending not to go places and do things but surely it would just be easier to enforce these things, not sure. i just think its scary at how quickly this has become such a major thing. in the town where i live there is currently 5 people that have it and even more in surrounding areas. my college is still open but barely any teachers or students have been going. i just hope everyone stays safe ☚ī¸ x
i've been in self quarantine for 3 days now and i'm already losing my mind. any hobbies i can take up to keep me preoccupied?? x

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 23 February 2021 at 10:16 AM

Get sick 3 weeks ago, survived. Now trying not to complaing and yelling about this unfair thief shop.

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 23 February 2021 at 11:13 AM

This thread's almost a year old wow. That's how long the coronavirus has been.

I thought honestly working and studying from home would be great because I'm introverted. But really, the lack of social contact drives me nuts sometimes. Miss going out for a hot chocolate.

@ian_hives man, luckily I haven't caught it yet. How was it?

Two-Spirit
2 posts

syntetynthia • 22 March 2021 at 7:56 AM

I was sick like two months ago, I recovered after two days lol