school is shut

in Chit-Chat

153 posts

downpour • 18 March 2020 at 6:50 PM

my school decided to shut yesterday due to coronavirus, and all UK schools will shut on friday... šŸ˜±

feel free to share your experiences and chat about it

i hope everyone and their families are staying safe and healthy, wishing you all the best ā¤ļø

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 18 March 2020 at 7:03 PM

Mine shut last week... the teachers arenā€™t allowed to grade anything they assign haha, donā€™t have to do anything

Deleted • 18 March 2020 at 8:00 PM

@downpour The schools here are shut down until April 6

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 18 March 2020 at 8:44 PM

My university is essentially shut down but majority of classes are now online apart from specific lab classes.

@stevepat2002
I bet your teachers have been told not to because then the school has to pay for the time that the teachers take to do the work.

Just please keep using soap as much as you can, brush your whole mouth and limiting your interactions with the outside world.

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 18 March 2020 at 9:20 PM

I feel like schools everywhere are closing but here in Australia they aren't. I'm kinda triggered ngl, like people are dying and they're still making us work. šŸ˜±

I'm currently just self-isolating myself and not going to school, but since they didn't close schools down altogether i'm constantly fearing that I'll be behind education wise.

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 18 March 2020 at 9:33 PM

@mastergemma that could be the case, but they donā€™t get paid for the extra work they do anyway... but yeah, thatā€™s probably it.

153 posts

downpour • 19 March 2020 at 3:40 AM

@stevepat2002 aw youā€™re lucky! i do :/

@topaz yeah, my school said April 20th, but the government havenā€™t said a date, theyā€™re just closed ā€˜until further noticeā€™ šŸ˜±

@mastergemma thatā€™s cool ^^ yep, stay hygienic everyone šŸ˜ø

@wildwonders omg šŸ˜± thatā€™s bad, i hope everything turns out okay ā¤ļø

Female
1,492 posts

froot • 19 March 2020 at 4:39 AM

For me, school's been shut down since late January. Usually, I'd be happy about it, but I've been home for the past one and a half months and I'm rotting...

Also, people with B and AB blood types are much more likely to contract the virus compared to people with A and O blood types.

Deleted • 19 March 2020 at 11:42 AM

@downpour i have food stamps and ssi. I still get my money but local office are closed

153 posts

downpour • 19 March 2020 at 12:11 PM

@topaz ah okay, wishing you well šŸ˜ø

@shadowfaxe oh no iā€™m sorry ā˜¹ļø but wow i didnā€™t know that, the more you know ^^

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 19 March 2020 at 12:27 PM

Seven days into school closures and I am dying for social contact šŸ˜‹

In any case, though, my school does NOT have a similar policy to @stevepat2002's school. Lol. We still have "homework" due but just no classes. And the teachers are checking our homework. Even gym teachers lol. It's like 75% of the work of school but without my friends to make it easier xD

Female
80 posts

wildnfree • 20 March 2020 at 5:04 AM

we have to call our teachers in like a huge conference call from monday at our college and if were not online during our timetable slots it goes down against our attendance. ive been self isolating from monday (too many vulnerable people in my family!) and i miss all my mates so much, i just hope were not closed for a long time (the rumours are up my end that we may not go back til SEPTEMBER). everyone stay safe, happy n healthy! šŸ˜Š x

153 posts

downpour • 20 March 2020 at 5:48 AM

@ethereality awh ā˜¹ļø my situation is similar but we havenā€™t been set all subjects, and itā€™s quite a bit less than what we do in class ^^ only some of the teachers are checking it too so your school seems quite strict :/

@wildnfree oh wow thatā€™s interesting, yeah Iā€™ve heard that rumour too šŸ˜± stay safe xo

Female
493 posts

pouncessoftly • 20 March 2020 at 9:56 PM

Iā€™m an old fart, way out of school lol =3 But they have pretty much either closed down anything non-essential around us and limited store hours to 10-6 for a week now. Tried to hit Walmart for some extra bread and a few other little items and the shelves were totally bare. No bread, meat or snacks .. the hoarders hit them hard today.

@shadowfaxe
Thatā€™s really interesting about different blood types being more vulnerable. I hadnā€™t heard that! O.o

Male
178 posts

duckhunter • 20 March 2020 at 11:18 PM

my school just got mad at us then closed lol

Female
312 posts

snowkitties • 21 March 2020 at 12:20 PM

I live in Switzerland and my schools closed down until April 30th. XD 13 people died

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 21 March 2020 at 12:38 PM

@snowkitties
Only till April 30th? My teachers said, if it gets worse, they may have to close the school until SEPTEMBER! Iā€™m not going to survive till then! xD
What am I going to do with my life?

Female
312 posts

snowkitties • 21 March 2020 at 3:21 PM

@galaxyleopard O.O that's a loooooonnng time. Good luck!