[Suggestion] Improvements to the Find the Gobbler November event.

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Would you support these changes?

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 10 April 2020 at 12:18 AM

A few of us have been thinking that the November Gobbler event needs a bit of a remake. We all search for the elusive gobble gobble machines but only the top 50 (or 100 since 2018) receive an award for participation. So this month long event isn’t really that fun for those that miss out.

So, how about we restructure the event to give out prizes for reaching certain milestones in addition to the top 100 receiving CC?

Find your first Gobbler, finding your 10th, 20th, 50th, 100th etc. There could even be some Gobblers that just reward you with a small gift too!

This would increase user participation since a lot of users refuse to participate due to how pointless the event is to them if they aren’t near or on the leaderboard. Everyone would be able to at least go home with a small prize instead of nothing.

I would also suggest putting the opacity to 100% as it is random when they appear anyway and would allow those with vision impairments to participate unhindered.

—List of possible prizes, big and small—
A creature at the cave
Random amounts of EC
Your profile creature increasing stats
Random themed items

-Prizes I didn't think of-
Cove size increase for free
Holiday themed creature (possibly a new one)

Edit. Thank you all for your feedback. The reason I suggest these changes is that with how the event is currently, it's a stab in the back for those who are not able to participate. This is the only event on Egg Cave which is primarily negative in majority of user's views and this negativity remains all month. But with just a few changes we can all be happier with this event. Events are meant to be fun for everyone and not restrictive to players, let's make it that way. There's no reason not to.

Other
3,224 posts

pipkitten • 10 April 2020 at 12:36 AM

I love this suggestion and support it 100%
I've never seriously participated in the Gobbler event, because I don't have the time to sit on Eggcave 24/7 to click on thousands of turkeys. There's not even any incentive for me to try because I know I won't make the leaderboard. For the last few years, I have clicked on exactly one Gobbler and no more.
This idea to rework the event would actually give me (and a ton of others, I'm sure) a reason to participate, along with making the event fun for everyone instead of only the top 100. 😊

Non-binary
1,318 posts

raccoon • 10 April 2020 at 2:17 AM

@mastergemma

100% support! I've managed to hit the leaderboards a few times in my years, but it's never easy. And definitely frustrating. More prizes would definitely bring some life back into the event. Maybe some gobbler exclusive creatures? Exclusive travels? Definitely something exclusive!

Female
1,568 posts

firedawn • 10 April 2020 at 3:15 AM

Agreed - tiny rewards would feel so much nicer and like I'm making progress with the event instead of near-mindless clicking, in some senses. And gobbler exclusive creatures sound so fun and would bring so much more to the event.

Deleted • 10 April 2020 at 4:30 AM

@mastergemma

ɪ ᴡʜᴏʟᴇʜᴇᴀʀᴛᴇᴅʟʏ sᴜᴘᴘᴏʀᴛ ᴛʜɪs 100%!
ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ, ᴇᴄ, ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ɪᴛ ᴇᴀsɪᴇʀ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇʏᴇs, ɪᴛ's ᴠᴇʀʏ sᴛʀᴀɪɴɪɴɢ ᴀs ɪᴛ ɪs...

ᴀɴᴅ ɪ ғɪɴᴅ ǫᴜɪᴛᴇ ɪɴᴛᴇʀᴇsᴛɪɴɢ ɢɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴ ᴘʀɪᴢᴇs ғᴏʀ ᴇғғᴏʀᴛ ᴀs ᴡᴇʟʟ, ᴀ ʙɪᴛ ʟɪᴋᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴀɪʟʏ ǫᴜᴇsᴛɪɴɢ sʏsᴛᴇᴍ (ʀᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴ ɢᴏᴀʟs ᴅᴀɪʟʏ, ᴇs. ᴄᴇʀᴛᴀɪɴ ᴀᴍᴏᴜɴᴛ ᴏғ ᴄʟɪᴄᴋɪɴɢ, ᴇᴛᴄ). ʜᴏᴘᴇ ɪᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴛᴀᴋᴇɴ ᴀᴛ ʟᴇᴀsᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ᴄᴏɴsɪᴅᴇʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ! ❤️

Male
2,235 posts

beta • 10 April 2020 at 8:08 AM

@mastergemma I fully and completely agree with this and would love to see it happen!

Gender Fluid
1,346 posts

kayuubii • 10 April 2020 at 9:23 AM

@mastergemma
Aw this is great! It’d be fun to have little gifts occasionally from the gobblers 😸
And with most other events, you get gifts along the way but with the gobblers you have to wait the month to get a reward and it’s a little boring xD

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 10 April 2020 at 4:42 PM

@mastergemma

Prizes should be according to the holiday, but something we haven't seen yet. Which would include toys, food, etc. And the creature if you win one should also be holiday themed maybe you can win a gobbler, or turkey of some sort. Let's just not have it be a kujak since you can already get those from the cave during that month. And as for winning bits of ec that's great! The inspiration to win ec is always a plus especially for those that can't commit to this event full time.

Female
1,002 posts

shirona • 10 April 2020 at 5:42 PM

....cove expansions would be a nice addition to the prize pool... >,>

Female
162 posts

foxerfu • 10 April 2020 at 5:50 PM

@mastergemma
I would definitely support these changes, there should be a reward system so that people that cannot participate all the time in the event still have an incentive to participate. This would actually encourage people to take part in the event and would give equal chance to all.

Female
1,826 posts

poe • 10 April 2020 at 6:45 PM

Wow I love that so many people feel the same as me! I think pretty much of all these things every year with the gobbler event (and I've been here quite a few now!) and every year I never really participate because I just never have the hours in a day for it. And even if I did, it's a bit of a gamble as to whether that effort would even be rewarded! Thanks for making such a good suggestion @mastergemma 😊

Female
1,395 posts

iris1929578 • 10 April 2020 at 8:13 PM

Support 110%; i never really try anymore in the event because there’s no point, I know I’m never going to get onto the leaderboard anyway. I have a life outside of EggCave, which means I can’t spend my time on here 24/7 trying to find little faded Gobblers on my little iPad screen (which is where I usually play EggCave, never on my phone sometimes on my computer) only to get, what, $5 worth of money? Idk, the year before last year I think I was on the leaderboard for a day or two and then got knocked off. I just realized this whole thing is so negative and I’m sorry but I don’t really like the event (:

Female
312 posts

snowkitties • 11 April 2020 at 9:44 AM

@mastergemma
I support in all ways. 😊 I never really have time to click those almost transparent turkeys. I think they should also be a bit more opaque.

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 11 April 2020 at 1:50 PM

@mastergemma I definitively support this! c: I managed to make the leaderboards last time but it took a lot of work and I almost didn't make it-- and it's unfortunate for those who likely lost their spot in the end and had all their work be for nothing. I also agree that the opacity should be made higher!

Overall it just encourages more people to participate, cause even if you don't get much, at least you a prize for getting a few of those lovely Turkeys~

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 12 April 2020 at 10:45 AM

Thank you for your support everyone!

I have updated the post with your user suggestions and a little more about why I know these changes are neccessary.

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 12 April 2020 at 10:55 PM

@mastergemma Heck to the yeah! This is an epic idea 😊 It really strains the eyes to look for gobblers at 50% opacity all over the screen O-o