» [ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ʀᴇ-ʀᴇʟᴇᴀsᴇs] [ᴄᴄ sᴛʀɪᴋᴇ] ʟᴇᴛ ᴏᴜʀ ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇs ʙᴇ ʜᴇᴀʀᴅ!

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Non-binary
2,849 posts

luv • 24 June 2020 at 1:44 AM

As an "oldie", and as someone who rather infamously waited six and a half years to find an UFT onny, and then did not stop bidding until I passed the 80,000 CC mark, I certainly have some thoughts on this.

As of June 10th, my nine year eggcave anniversary has passed. In that time, I have spent less than $100 on CC I'd assume, but it's safe to say my experience has been a lucky one -- I've had lots of generosity come my way, I traded up on numerous occasions, and after nearly a decade I only have one dreamie left to obtain on this site. When I achieve it, I have every intention of taking another long break as I'm prone to doing, and (because I always seem to come back), keeping my cove exactly as is.

As a result, and after a lot of thinking, I'm a supporter of controlled re-releases.

In my 9 years on Eggcave, I have probably been active for, at best, maybe 40% of that. That means that in total time, my cove has sat here untouched for half a decade or more. Not all of that was in one stretch, but I have taken breaks of several years in the past. It feels ridiculous to tell people they can't have what I have when I... haven't spent much time having it (have have have have -- that's a lot of haves), and after today I'll likely log off again and not re-surface for another few weeks or months, as is my custom. My cove, effectively, collects dust, and I like it that way. It shouldn't be up to old users to have to give up the things they worked hard for to support new ones (though I am endlessly grateful to the ones that do), but with that comes the stipulation that I'm not sure, as old users, we can then criticize people who want what we have when we often aren't even around ourselves.

I don't have all the answers, and it's late at night so I'm not going to write a massive essay of my opinions (although I will say I disagree with 500 cc unlimited re-releasing, but I think there is room to work with the concept), but I think implementing the events like what happened with the tine was a good springboard, it just needed better execution. Like, say, collecting 5000 chocolate boxes instead of 1000, and a limit of one tine per person to make things more challenging (without people needing to spend money)/not allow values to plummet the way they have.

I also think it wouldn't be a bad idea to reward active members of the site in some capacity, as it would encourage new users to join and begin building up and older users to come back -- say a reward on your anniversary if you log in on that day (one per person, obviously, not one per account), or, even better maybe, something bigger than the EC reward for logging in. Like, say, if you log in 90% of the days in a calendar year, you're in the top tier and you can have any pet of your choosing, 75% is another tier (any pet below a rarity of "x", or released after a year of "y" maybe?), 50%, and so on. You could even allow people to dictate their own destiny -- a new user who logged in every day could claim a much smaller prize after a week to get started (a previous month's cave monthly since january, maybe) or every day for a month or two (possibly a CSP or a 100-200 cc reward?), or they could hold out for the entire year mark to see where they'd fall.

That's also not a foolproof system, but the fact is a lot of users don't come around Eggcave with regularity, creating a bit of a shocking environment for the new people we get. A system that rewards activity would have the opportunity to reward everyone (likely better than an anniversary system, as some of us would have quite the headstart) and would convince new and old users alike to be on here a lot more frequently. I'm mostly just throwing out ideas now, and I'm not sure how anyone might feel about them, so I'll cut myself off here, but my moral is this: I think everybody deserves to feel the way I did in 2017, jumping up and down and squealing because after six years, I finally got the creature I pointed to on day one in June of 2011 and went "wow, I want that one someday".

And I don't think it should take anyone six years to do it 😉

Female
114 posts

blizzards • 25 June 2020 at 3:13 PM

@sinthr
I totally agree with you. (Below is a rant and nothing personal)
Oldies like the Doovoo,Macbot and Onny. Or more popular ones that ARE never uft! Like Raicorn, Shamrue, Nym, Aqueueren, Aguaille, Florn, Poplin ect. And LOTS of users have quit are went on long hiatus when they realize that it's quite impossible to achieve their dream coves and they get fed up with that. Rerelease may lower a rarity by quite a lot like whe the Tine was rereleased in February it's rarity got lowered a lot. But it made so many other users so happy! It also made the trades for oldies so much easier! I saw a Tine go for an Aqueueren recently. As well as a Mucustropod plus 4kcc. AS WELL as all the other users who have rarer creatures have either gone and forgot about it or they quit and are selfish and delete their accounts with all their creatures inside their coves.

Personally I think rereleases are a good idea. Eggcave could do like mystery boxes for like 5kcc and have a rare creature inside worth 5kcc for example like a Feep.

Deleted • 25 June 2020 at 3:49 PM

sᴏʀʀʏ, ᴇᴠᴇʀʏᴏɴᴇ, ғᴏʀ ᴍʏ ʀᴇᴄᴇɴᴛ ʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴏғ ʀᴇᴘʟɪᴇs ʜᴇʀᴇ, ɪ ᴊᴜsᴛ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴠᴇʀʏ ᴘʀᴏᴄᴄᴜᴘɪᴇᴅ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴜsʏ ᴛʜᴇsᴇ ғᴇᴡ ᴘᴀsᴛ ᴅᴀʏs... ɪ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ sᴜʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴘʀᴏᴘʟᴇʀʟʏ ʀᴇᴘʟʏ ᴛᴏ ʀᴇᴄᴇɴᴛ ᴘᴏsᴛs sᴏᴏɴ! ᴛʜᴀɴᴋ ʏᴏᴜ ᴠᴇʀʏ, ᴠᴇʀʏ ᴍᴜᴄʜ ғᴏʀ ɢɪᴠɪɴɢ ʏᴏᴜʀ ɪɴᴘᴜᴛ... ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ sᴛʀᴇss ᴇɴᴏᴜɢʜ ᴛʜᴇ ɪᴍᴘᴏʀᴛᴀɴᴄᴇ ᴏғ ᴀ ʀᴇ-ʀᴇʟᴇᴀsᴇ sʏsᴛᴇᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ғɪɴᴀʟʟʏ ᴀᴅᴅʀᴇss ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴғᴀɪʀɴᴇss ᴏғ ᴛʜɪs ᴡʜᴏʟᴇ sʏsᴛᴇᴍ ᴀɴᴅ ᴇᴄᴏɴᴏᴍʏ! ❤️

Female
273 posts

sungrave • 27 June 2020 at 2:04 PM

Oh I just accidentally found this thread but you have my full support... Soon it will be a decade since I've been actively playing here and though only halfway did i reach the point of adultery where i was able to gain my own money and afford to pay on games, I never actually managed to buy CC. Regardless, I put tears and blood in the cove I have now, as all the CC and rare creatures I have now was TRADED. So yeah, i have some moderatley old and rare critters but some is still just a dream. That being said, I was INCREDIBLY happy to see the re-release of the tine (and the foo on the quests even though im not even halfway getting one try there duh) and my immediate thought was like yours: if we can have the old cave creatures re-released in an event and have the rest re-created in the science center and in the oasis or toke shop, why not having the old CC creatures re-released too, in a logical way of course, like on the same month they originally appeared (after like five or ten or however many years to "celebrate the anniversary"), for the same 500CC for a month or hell, maybe just even for a week...... Like don't get me wrong, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that a good amount of artists are supported with the amount of creatures that gets released every month but honestly? And I really dont mean ill by this because i really support that but it just hurts my heart to see how the flood of new creatures gets released every month and the old ones basically just gets forgotten and unreachable... Especially since a bunch of players who still could have to trade them either not acitve anymore and the creatures just sit there untouched or ask for the stars for one or would never trade them....... So meanwhile yes, I support some of the ways how things go now about creatures, we NEED to do something about that issue because it will ruin the site eventually,,,,, ❤️

Female
276 posts

wolfspike23 • 27 June 2020 at 5:59 PM

Just found this thread and I completely support it, and I've never actually bought CC with actual money, that's why most of my creatures are cave monthlies and my CSPs, are gotten by giveaways and trades. The older CSP creatures are beautiful and I truly wish to buy some, but I don't have any money to actually buy CC. I had once tried to use gift cards, but I had forgotten I used them all. I do not have the patience, stamina or experience to actually write 3 more paragraphs, but you have my full support! ❤️

I may try to use gift cards again!

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 28 June 2020 at 2:56 PM

so, its been about a week since this thread was created (and this discussion has been ongoing for YEARS anyway) and i feel that yet again we are going to be left in the dark.

there's something i've been thinking about lately and i think its worth mentioning because its been on my mind ever since i saw it. a few months ago yogurt had made a thread about leaf of vaka, which ian eventually replied to. one thing he said stuck out to me though. at the end of his post ( https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/73395?page=2#1609492 ) he said this:
"At this time, we are hesitant to re-release CS creatures, as the community has always been extremely hostile toward the idea. However, we are open to hearing community suggestions on how to solve that particular issue into the future."

while yes, there is certainly some hostility towards this issue, i would not say the community has "always" been "extremely" hostile about it. on the official species rerelease thread ( https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/55724 ) theres a poll that shows, actually, the majority of voters DO want rereleases. 70% were in favor of cave & csp rereleases, 14% in favor of cave only, and 4% in favor of csp only. only 12% who voted were against any form of rerelease.

granted this thread is from 2015. the community has changed since then and there are plenty of now-active members who weren't active back then (myself included) and old members who have quit or are on hiatus now. its probably worth holding another official poll or discussion in 2020.

but what has bothered me most is the lack of transparency. clearly a large portion of the community is in favor of re-releases (although they must be handled carefully and strictly) but we have heard nothing confirming or denying that CSP re-releases will ever happen. there are new threads pleading for re-releases every other week. there are even plenty of great ideas in this thread alone. so why the silence?

@Ian good news or bad news i would really like to hear SOMETHING about this topic. we all love this site very much and want it to do well. we appreciate all the work you & the rest of the team puts into this site but many of us are just a bit frustrated.

Female
273 posts

sungrave • 29 June 2020 at 2:01 PM

Honestly, I'm extremely disappointed in people who are against (well thought out and sensible, not just mindless) re-releases because I feel it's the selfish greed that makes people say "oh dont make more of these creatures because then i wont be able to sell this very same creature of mine for a ridiculously high price" . Sometimes trading requires one person to give a limb and sometimes they are lucky and can adopt something incredibly rare for entirely free but that doesnt mean we should hate either the giver or the reciever..... Also there is no way satisfying everyone on the site, there will always be ungrateful and offensive players but i also think this is a reasonable idea that would fix a a lot of other things in the future on the long run..... I think more people leave because they feel frustrated from impossible trades and never obtainable creatures than how many people would if they can't rip off new or any players but that might just be my opinion...

Female
677 posts

myriadium • 1 July 2020 at 5:12 PM

Just to add my two cents: This was actually the reason why I went on a hiatus twice, both taking up nearly a year. My wishlist was full of nearly unobtainable creatures and I became so disillusioned I left. TWICE LOL. The second time I left I actually missed the rerelease of the Tine! I hear some people saying that the rerelease of the Tine was irresponsible; honestly, I wouldn't know, but I still paid a relatively high price to get it (of course, this was all on me, if I didn't leave I would have gotten one of my dreamies earlier and easier 😋 )
In a way, it helps the website because, to obtain certain creatures, one might spend an egregious amount of money for cc, thus helping the website get money. At the same time, these creatures are so rare hardly anyone wants to sell them.

Female
1,863 posts

magenta • 2 July 2020 at 12:07 PM

@pwuffy i 100% agree with this :/ it's sad to see that we're to blame for lack of rerelease when we actually want the rereleases and to be very honest i have never seen the community being super against rereleases?? maybe a few people but thats just the minority so its just weird how ian says that the community has been very against CSP rereleases :/ anyway i wish there was more transparency abt this since this should have been fixed long ago... i mean the conversation was 5 years ago thats plenty of time to fix things or at least implement a rerelease system that is satisfying to both new and old players 😋 its sad to see this issue being swept under the rug with new site blog posts usually only denoting new CSPs/monthlies/items tbh and i really hope the team could be more transparent with us about this at least :/

Transsexual
138 posts

sonny • 3 August 2020 at 9:40 PM

this is a great idea. i 100% agree that old csp's are basically *literally impossible* to get because those who own them will generally want to keep them, or ask crazy prices for them because they are so rare. plus, re-releasing old csp's to the cash shop would literally bring in more money for the EC staff, as more people would buy cc in order to buy the old, well sought after csp's. i have been considering buying cc to spend for a while now but i totally agree that a strike might actually promote some change to this site. consider me in!

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 3 August 2020 at 11:13 PM

As someone who has been here on and off for a while, I agree with the sentiment behind this movement. I personally don't care much for trading but I will admit I was lucky to have been here when creatures who are now popular were released.

To keep my statement short, I'll just summarize; I agree that CSPs can be released in an efficient, safe manner that will allow a larger number of rare creatures to be available. How exactly that will be done is up to decide, but I believe a good solution would be do to weekly/monthly raffles like Flight Rising does-- you buy tickets for a certain amount of EC/CC (although EC might be best, and could raise its value) for a raffle that has a pool of prizes which include creatures.

Essentially, a sort of fusion between the VEND machine and the regular CC monthly raffle. BUT, if you want to work to have a higher guarantee at a creature, you can try the VEND as it will still be there. I'd try to avoid loot boxes because 1- if people get frustrated with the VEND machine's luck, imagine if CC/money is involved and 2- not sure if the promotion of "gambling" with real life based currency is good for a website aimed at minor.

Again, the specific solution should be a discussion point with the community.

Female
1,314 posts

tamomo • 5 August 2020 at 7:54 AM

@sinthr I totally agree... atm is really difficult for all the users to get dreamies that have a reduced number present on the site. This is because not much people play in this site when it was born or most of them quitted. I don't understand why no one want to take this idea seriously.
You will rerelease them in the Cash Shop with CC, so you will get a lot of money just doing that... ò-ò for example i will hoard a lot of Nyms or Biwos and freeze some of them <.< So why?? è-è i know that now with that kind of trading metod you got a lot just because a Nym si around 40k cc or more... But, for people like me that are not possible to spend so much money in a game like this is stressfull. This is one of the reason that sometime i will disappear. So... Please, i really want to enjoy much more this site and don't just pop up when i want to grab new cute creatures...

Trans Male
905 posts

cleokitty • 5 August 2020 at 4:42 PM

I fully agree with the re-release of creatures! A lot of the prices for older sought out critters is A Lot, in the hundreds of dollars based on Budgie's!
I'm a fella who's gotten where he is today through sheer luck, bargaining and friendship - I'm immeasurably grateful for the help I've received along the way, but that shouldn't be necessary in order to obtain creatures you like! Its okay to be attached to the creatures on here and not want to give them away!
I really like what the eggcave team did with the re-release of the Tine, it was challenging, I was barely able to get one! But it was fun and I thought it was fair! And its still worth a fair amount! 35 dollars is a lot (again, based on budgie's)!
I also really like that the ec team has started giving out cc for special occasions! I think it really helps! I haven't spent any money on here, I don't have a source of income, so the free cc really helps fellas like me out!
I really like the idea of there being a raffle, maybe monthly? To re-introduce older creatures? Idk, thats all the thoughts I have, I really enjoy just vibing on here!
But overall, I think we should have more activities that bring back older creatures as prizes more often to induce excitement y'know? Not to say that the ec team should stop making these awesome new creatures! (I love this months theme btw you guys did a wonderful job). I have total faith in the ec team, you guys got this!

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 22 September 2020 at 10:47 AM

I am also in support of this idea. I find that worrying about rarities lowering is silly. I would like a reasonable way to get the "creatures" / "drawings" that I desire. I don't like coming to the cave every day to find the exact eggs that I skipped yesterday. It's boring, and uneventful.
Plus I voted for all retired creatures to be re-released. So I am also part of the seventy percent.

(On an alternate note, I don't appreciate the unreasonably high amount of clicks/feeds it takes to hatch and then grow a creature. There arenn't enough active players on this site to attain natural growth with a fair amount of time. I would want to access this site more often, if I actually felt like my creatures would grow up before I hit thirty. And I'm not too far away from reaching that age.)

Non-binary
1,072 posts

distorted • 22 September 2020 at 11:29 AM

@sinthr I totally agree! There should be re-rereleases and I dont buy CC anyway.

Female
1,314 posts

tamomo • 22 September 2020 at 12:14 PM

@sinthr recently i joined a game where the Characters will be available at their birthday. Every Year! So new user can get what they want easy. This game is a combat based, so is necessary to get some characters.

Then... why Egg Cave don't do something like this? Just for CC creatures. They prefer keep the rarity of the old realeases instead of the HAPPINESS of the users in this site?

The site is nothing WITHOUT its users. And honestly, this site is pretty sad atm. Pretty Pretty Sad. :/

Really.. they are leaving this wrong economy ruin this site and the possibility of new users join us.

Ah, and the homepage that said to register for free mostly of the time show up old cc creatures that you will not never ever have 😊 so nice one

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 22 September 2020 at 12:49 PM

@tamomo hey that's a really good idea! I mean people already try to organize trades for some users birthdays. I guess there just needs to be an official way to stamp a side account or something that way people don't try to double/triple/quadruple up on creatures for their birthday.

In contribution to this topic I'd like to add that I will not be participating in the "cc strike". I'll definitely be making some purchases in October. I have the money now and would like to buy those nice creatures. However I fully understand the frustration everyone here has.

The highly coveted creatures of 2011-2013 (before my hiatus) are still just as highly coveted but harder to find and unreasonably priced from those that have them.

Non-binary
1,072 posts

distorted • 22 September 2020 at 12:54 PM

@tamomo I agree. I know a game that givez creaturez on their birthday.

Female
1,267 posts

xxshadowclawxx • 24 September 2020 at 10:36 PM

@sinthr 1000% support re-release

I agree with the re-release in a efficient manner, but the main problem is the fact that those in charge, I feel are not actually looking at the feedback forums I mean the amount of re-release forums how much more do they need before they address them. I feel they are brushing over it and hoping we all forget. I am pretty sure they will brush this over as well cause its them, they feel like there isn't an issue XD.

However these are some options i think would work:

1. Vend machine its hard enough to get tokens circulate 1 or 2 most value CC you can even up the tokens get like 300-500 and get one (rotate every month)
2. Adoption center, Mods (maybe) and those who created the site have the power to add why not randomly add 1 at random time like oasis and thief but with mystery icon
3. A rare island where if ya lucky you might spot one (like 0.00001 percent)

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 24 September 2020 at 11:39 PM

@xxshadowclawxx i agree with you x.x quite sad that the topic just keeps getting ignored... feels like its just being swept under the rug even though its clear a lot of players are becoming disinterested in the site because trading (which is the most fun thing on here for a lot of people, including myself) feels like a dead end, or impossible... i pretty much just log in to check my notifications, forums, do my asteroid attempt, log out.. sometimes i check TC for the creatures on my wishlist but usually theres 0 lots ☹️

i like your ideas that are similar to thief shop/oasis and i think that would get a lot of people to be active again because they'd be constantly refreshing the page to see if anything pops up ^^ might spark the community up again... i think ian has said that CC creatures would never be rereleased for less than their original worth (so 500CC for most) but maybe the idea could be explored & reworked in a way that would make that possible, or maybe it could only have cave rereleases in it... something like that 😊

@Ian

Deleted • 25 September 2020 at 3:24 AM

sᴏʀʀʏ, ɢᴜʏs... ɪ ᴋɪɴᴅᴀ ɢᴀᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴀᴛ. ɴᴏ ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴏғ ɪᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟʟ, ɪᴛ ғᴇᴇʟs ʟɪᴋᴇ ɪ'ᴍ ᴄʜᴀsɪɴɢ sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪᴍᴘᴏssɪʙʟᴇ. ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ʀᴇ-ʀᴇʟᴇᴀsᴇs ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ ʜᴀᴘᴘᴇɴ, ᴏʀ ᴍᴀʏʙᴇ ᴛʜᴇʏ ᴡɪʟʟ, ʙᴜᴛ ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ʜᴀᴠᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴡᴀɪᴛ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ 5+ ʏᴇᴀʀs, ᴡʜᴏ ᴋɴᴏᴡs. ɪ'ᴍ ᴊᴜsᴛ ᴛɪʀᴇᴅ ᴏғ ʜᴏᴘɪɴɢ ғᴏʀ ᴛʜᴇᴍ & ᴡᴀɪᴛɪɴɢ.

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 25 September 2020 at 9:13 AM

@pwuffy
@xxshadowclawxx
If we were to implement something like rereleasing cc creatures I definitely think it should be month specific as to avoid the chaos of trying to obtain everything all the time. January old cc's available in January, February old cc's available in February, etc. Could just make a random vending machine for them and plop in 500cc. There's a chance and you'll still get your money's worth....
I'm not sure. I definitely think the egg cave team should work on collaborating with the community. If there's a specific reason they think this idea would not work, I'm sure we could talk it out. They could be silent because they're working on something? I kinda doubt it but it would be nice to be acknowledged.

Female
1,267 posts

xxshadowclawxx • 25 September 2020 at 4:46 PM

@izziedragon yeah should be available only the month they were once release and they have all the powers in my opinion its been 11 years honestly I have seen people ping those in charge to no avail meaning there is something very very wrong. I felt this issue would have been solved max 5 years ago but i guess was wrong lol.

@pwuffy yeah many feel that way and like izziedragon said they maybe silent because of planning but I doubt 11 years and these same issues are still there you either hire new/more people or focus on this I'm sorry, but if 11 years was not enough that is just in general sad.

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 25 September 2020 at 5:07 PM

I've already said this on many threads but this is my opinion on CSP re-releases:

My proposal is there should be CSP "boxes" that are limited to one per user per box release. Each box contains one CSP creature at random. They should be themed and only during special events.

New Years Box (Available Jan 1-Jan 3)- All January CSPs
Valentines Box (Available Feb 14-Feb 16)- All February CSPs
Spring Box (Available Easter, and 2 days afterwards)- All March, April, and May CSPs
Summer Box (Available June 21-June 23)- All June, July, and August CSPs
Autumn Box (Available September 22-September 24)- All September, November CSPs
Halloween Box (Available October 30-November 1)- All October CSPs
Holiday Box (Available December 23-December 25)- All December CSPs

And then the creature would be assigned a year value with tiered chances:
2010-3%
2011-5%
2012-7%
2013-10%
2014-10%
2015-10%
2016-12%
2017-13%
2018-15%
2019-15%
2020-20%
And once their year value is randomized, they get one creature from that year from the months of the box purchased. Obviously numbers,dates,and percentages are all 100% theoretical but you know just to show what I mean

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 25 September 2020 at 10:01 PM

@etheriality Maybe even one per user per day (of that period)? Just because the chances of the oldies are so very slim and the period in which to get the boxes is very small. Sounds pretty good to me. And to keep the rule they would like to follow, they'd cost 500cc a piece.
@xxshadowclawxx It's just very strange. I feel like the community has been listened to on a multitude of issues, which I'm thankful for. But this topic is always left in the dark. It doesn't concern them. If it's an issue that's driving off a lot of users you'd THINK they'd be interested. Especially when this idea directly benefits THEM (through us spending more cavecash) with only a chance of us getting the wishlist creature we desire.

Female
559 posts

pwuffy • 25 September 2020 at 10:06 PM

@xxshadowclawxx exactly!! this issue has been a topic for ages... i started playing in 2010 and even back then i can remember people hoping/asking for rereleases lol... so its not even a recent thing ☹️ and idk why they keep ignoring it, like @izziedragon said it would make the site more money. personally i am usually happy to support the site and get my cute pixels (and i'd be even happier to spend money on old CSPs lol) but i feel no desire to buy CC with the current state of things...

Female
408 posts

izziedragon • 25 September 2020 at 10:12 PM

@pwuffy yes yes yes yes yes give me the pixel serotonin. I will dump all my money on this site for my happiness 100%. Don't care if it makes me weird, don't care if it makes me a fool. It makes me happy.

Female
74 posts

id2d • 26 September 2020 at 3:55 AM

Hey everyone! I'm just dropping in to give a quick PSA about, "loot crates/loot boxes," that are bought with real world currency. (The gaming community is already neck-deep in this issue... -_-)

It's gambling. Legit gambling. Like the kind of gambling you need to be of legal age to participate in. (19yrs-21yrs old depending on where you live.)

Slots, roulette, pachinko, loot boxes. There are all the same thing. You're spending money on an unknown outcome.

Governments around the world are already trying to put limits on said practices. (i.e If video games want to implement the 'loot crate/loot box' feature, they will have to up the age rating for said game. Meaning they can't market to children anymore.)

And the same thing would happen to this website if they were to make CSP "boxes" that were bought with real world currency. They would need to up the age rating of Eggcave. Meaning younger users would no longer be able to access their accounts.

Other 'child targeted' websites that were based around "loot crates/loot boxes" were closed down because of this. Which is great in my opinion, because children shouldn't be gambling.

Well, PSA over. Either way, I believe the devs of Eggcave will come to some kind of a fair conclusion. (Though I doubt they'll be able to make everyone happy. You can't please everyone after all.)

Demiboy
2,368 posts

ethereality • 26 September 2020 at 9:59 AM

@id2d I mean idk how else they could distribute highly coveted CSPs regularly without completely crashing the value from 10k cc to like 500 cc or something. My personal problem with the economy is that it literally is impossible to get certain creatures that no one is trading anymore and probably won't--like creatures like the Ranfil, Ecorth* and Arpeggiarp (I managed to FINALLY find one after years of looking thanks to @izzieebee coming back) are virtually extinct because they aren't like Nyms or Tines where theres alot of them or like Macbots or Doovoos where users mostly have them for trading/collection fodder and they are sold at elaborate auctions uncommonly, but atleast sometimes, as the main attraction point. But at the same time I don't want values to go from like 10k cc to 500 cc. Maybe drop the value to 4k-5k cc with a limited rerelease would work

*Like Ecorths were hard to find in the Trade Center EVEN when I first joined way back in 2011, I would usually only find one or so. The last time I've seen an Ecorth in the Trade Center is like 2016. That's insane and should not be the case. What if someone's favorite creature is the Ecorth? It's definitely within my Top 10 and they're literally not obtainable and haven't been for years.

Female
1,267 posts

xxshadowclawxx • 26 September 2020 at 11:16 AM

I think many are just losing faith in the people in charge of eggcave. There are many ways to handle it which is why I call BS on their excuses they manage with tine and foo why can't they do the rest, they just honestly as I see it either do not care or they hope we forget about it. XD

@id2d you are correct not everyone will be happy but at least it bring new people (people come and go can't keep everyone) and also interesting did not know that i think it should be done not with real money maybe like 5,000,000EC per box and limit can buy 2 a month (can not be traded) idk making it kid-friendly lol