Darker Secrets Hidden in Memories [ORIGINAL ROLEPLAY - signups]

in Roleplaying

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 28 June 2020 at 10:59 AM

@nightmaremoon12 - mkay

--
Is she looking down on me? Laurie thought to herself. No matter how she looked at it, the girl in front of her couldn't be older than her. Whatever...

"You're in the Royal Forest in the town of Motia. But it's strange that I would need to tell a noblewoman that considering you were allowed here in the first place. Why don't we talk about this over some tea. You're free to do whatever you need to make yourself feel safe with me."

She smiled slightly, looking down on her own spindly arms. "I guarantee I won't be that much of a threat."

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 28 June 2020 at 11:04 AM

She finally saw the town in the distance, but she was a little annoyed. Even though she already knew this was a different world, she had a small expectation that there would be at least an elf or two. She walked down to it, anyway.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 28 June 2020 at 11:10 AM

@meisawesome - want me to come find you with some NPC?

--
Ralpho used to be a beggar until a strange woman wearing glasses found him and asked him to join the Royal Kingdom's group of spies. Now Ralpho served as Miss Olivier's eyes and ears. Even though he had tried robbing her the first time they met, she had taken him in, trained him in martial arts, and taught him how to read and write. He would be forever grateful, although he hadn't seen her in a long time.

His eyes caught the figure of a girl walking towards the town. She had a menacing aura, as if something she loved had been taken away from her. He quickly climbed up a tree to observe her; it didn't feel like she belonged in this world despite her normal appearance.

--
New introductions:
Ralpho - a random little kid who tried to pickpocket Laurie Olivier and she made him a spy for the Kingdom. Inquisitive but extremely cautious. Hates confrontation and will try to weasel his way out of face to face interaction unless it's with Laurie. He's kindhearted but sometimes doesn't understand that the seemingly kindest action would also bring the most harm in the long run. He has extremely sharp eyes and can use magic to augment his vision, but that's all the magic he can use.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 28 June 2020 at 11:15 AM

@pegasasu sure 😸

She walked up to a random person and asked "hey, can you tell me where i can find an instrument?". The person nodded and directed her to a small shop. She thanked him and made her way there.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 28 June 2020 at 11:17 AM

@meisawesome - you can catch him sneaking around or something haha

--
The girl he was observing asked someone where to find an instrument and the man had directed her to a store. As she made her way there, continued to creep along behind her, wondering what she could be up to.

He felt a little bit stupid. What if this girl just wants to find an instrument and came from a remote town? There might really be nothing more to this situation.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 28 June 2020 at 11:22 AM

@pegasasu ok

She entered the store, and looked around. There were a lot of unfarmilliar instruments, but very few of them were string, and none of the string she knew how to play. She sighed and picked up a flute. She played a quick tune to cast a spell, that would give her enough money to pay for it.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 28 June 2020 at 11:26 AM

@meisawesome - I gotta go offline for a bit T^T

--
Ralpho couldn't believe his eyes as he looked through the window of the music shop. The girl picked up the flute, played it a bit and then he saw money just appear out of thin air. This has to be some trick! He was extremely curious and snuck in through the back of the store to where he knew the owner's daughter would be.

"Hey, your father is about to sell a flute," he said to her, "I think the money the customer is giving is fake!"

The girl looked astonished, but she trusted Ralpho enough to listen. He had saved her life once after all. She hurriedly went in the store, eyed the girl holding the flute and whispered what Ralpho told her into her father's ear.

He was angry and came up to the girl holding his flute and confronted her, "How are you going to play the flute before paying for it?"

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 28 June 2020 at 11:31 AM

;-;

She looked at him confused "...explain, please."

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 28 June 2020 at 11:38 AM

@meisawesome

Ralpho's a little booger apparently
--
"You played this flute without asking and now you have to pay for it!" the shopkeeper fumed. He didn't expect her to have the money and was just upset with the lack of a sale.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 28 June 2020 at 11:43 AM

She shrugged "alright." And handed him the currency she made.

Female
407 posts

fanficmelon • 28 June 2020 at 12:08 PM

(im just jumping into the rp and hoping the actions seem natural)
Aki looked around the small town, generally interested in what this place would bring. He noticed a small shop with a bit of a commotion inside. Apparently some kid made the shopkeeper angry. Well, at least it wasn't him making the townspeople angry this time. He ignored the commotion and went over a sandwich shop he remembered from his last visit to this town. It was a great location to eat good food while watching whatever was going on over there.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 28 June 2020 at 10:03 PM

@pegasasu

"Clearly, there has been some misunderstanding." Grace starts sidling backwards. "I'm not part of any noble court, nor do I recall ever asking to be in one. Let me let you in on a little something: I don't know what Motia is. I don't know what the Royal Forest is. How can I know that you aren't just speaking like this to me to lower my guard?"
She stares intently at the lady, her body stiffened up as she tries to read her body language. She seems to not know about Grace's situation, which makes her somewhat annoyed. Is someone putting an illusion on her?
"Usually on other days I'd be gleefully introducing myself and going about on tangents about my favorite book, but I should let you know, this is not one of those days."

Deleted • 28 June 2020 at 11:00 PM

- people finding out the truth behind transmigrations
- people hiding the truth about transmigrations

~*Example Character Sheet*~
Name: Anyae
Transmigrator: Actual inhabitant of DSHiM
Faction: 4.
History: Anyae was taken to Motia on a stormy night, by unkown personnel. She fought her way up to the top, successfully becoming the assistant of one of the Grandmasters of the Tower of Magic.
Occupation: Assistant to Grandmaster Enri, specializes in water magic.
Appearance: Blond with green eyes, clothed in a cyan robe.
Personality: Quiet and soft-spoken, she won't talk much to strangers.

@pegasasu Have you read "Death is the Only Ending for the Villainess"? It's up to at most a 100 chapters on Wattpad, but it's all scattered around. I'm also keeping up with "Beware of the Villainess", Nine is just so cute. ❤️ Or Miss Not-so-Sidekick?
Factions:
1. transmigrated people who want to go home
2. transmigrated people who don't want to go home
3. people finding out the truth[/b behind transmigrations
4. people[b] hiding the truth
about transmigrations
Characters:
A. Ralsie, age 8/13, Female, Finding Nemo *cough* Home (meisawesome )
B. Laurie Olivier, age 29, Female, Truth Seeker (pegasasu)
C. Akarui (Aki), age 19, Male, Truth Seeker (fanficmelon)
D. Grace Lumons, age 19, Female, Finding Home (nightmaremoon12)
E. Inda Cedar, age 16, Female, Runaway (wingedfox )
F. Anyae, age 16, Female, Secret Keeper (playermocha345)

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 29 June 2020 at 6:21 PM

The realization suddenly dawned on her. "You think these are counterfeit, don't you?"

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 29 June 2020 at 8:22 PM

@laylamocha - YESSS literally they're so good. NINE is adorable ❤️ And I love the heart style of Death is the Only Ending for the Villainess. I started reading the novel, but I don't think it had updated that much. I'm only at the part where they went out for the festival together? Miss not-so-sidekick is pretty good also! That's the one with Latte right? The art for that one is super cute also. One that I really love which isn't actual isekai but more body switching is "I want to be you, just for a day." Made my cry for real. GIRL I can't. I'm so excited. I'm gonna PM you after I post haha. Glad to have you on this RP!

Edit: the info so far looks right to me!

--
@meisawesome @fanficmelon --- also feel free to play any of the NPC's! So meisawesome, you can decide what the shopkeeper and Ralpho say also 😊

Ralpho watched nervously from the background and felt someone watching in their general direction. He couldn't pinpoint it exactly, but he wanted to wait for the person to make his or her presence known. Ralpho observed the confrontation. The shopkeeper was now giving the girl a dirty look.

"Who said I thought it was fake?" he growled, looking her up and down. "It just doesn't look like you actually have money. Do you even know how much that flute costs?"

--
@nightmaremoon12

Laurie maintained her composure when faced with this strange girl although she probably let a bit of her shock show. Could she have something to do with the magic disturbances? But Laurie didn't know the extent of the disturbance or the disruption to the magic flow. At such a large scale, someone like her wouldn't be able to sense a thing.

"Miss," she began, "Your clothes make you look like a noble. And a commoner wouldn't have such fair skin and beautiful hair." Laurie attempted to use flattery to diffuse the situation. She could tell the girl was getting agitated, although she definitely was remarkably pretty. "What can I do to put you at ease?" she asked again.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 29 June 2020 at 8:26 PM

She shrugged "well where I'm from, it can range from 12 silver, to 10 gold." She admitted.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 29 June 2020 at 8:28 PM

@meisawesome

"Hmm, well. 50 silvers is my price. But I'll discount it to 30 if you play me a song."

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 29 June 2020 at 8:38 PM

She grinned "alright, just lemme think...". She thought for a moment on what kind of song to play. She spotted a piano at the part corner of the room "you mind if i use that?" She said, pointing to it.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 29 June 2020 at 9:54 PM

@pegasasu
i may or may not be writing a story revolving around grace and solas nua

~

"You can start by telling me exactly what this place is. Pretend you're explaining to foreigner from another plane of existence." Grace replies, still remaining in her wary stance. "Because in case you haven't noticed yet, I don't belong here."

Deleted • 29 June 2020 at 10:14 PM

The ritual was a success.. Alas, some insignificant body was sacrificed to trigger the reaction needed. She performed her duties well as the catalyst. There should be an extravagant feast to celebrate tonight, what a pain.

Anyae washed off the dust off the altar with a wave of her hand, water seeping through the cracks penetrating the table, leaving behind a regular stone table split into two. She lifted her robe carefully and stepped her way out the window, as it started to rain.

Her surroundings were deathly silent, as if the spirits refused to acknowledge what had happened, turning a blind eye to all the new magical signatures strewn over the country. A little red snake caught up to Anyae, winding itself around her ankle and settling still. Her bare feet crossed the mossy ground, and left the barrier.

She pushed her way through the branches, arriving at the edge of a remote town. The dim lights illuminated her silhouette, and she walked along the dirt pathway, awaiting the usual rickshaw to come by.

"Ah, little girl are you hoping to catch a ride back to the capital?" an elderly old man asked."You're not in luck, the last ride left an hour ago, and the young chap is expected to stay at his aunt's for the night."

"You wouldn't happen to have a spare room for me to lodge at, do you?" Anyae inquired, turning to look at the innkeeper."

"Taine's Tanker always has space nowadays, girl. All the young folk are leaving Jenver for the annual Nirvana festival."

Jenver- a town located 2 hours away by moving transport from the capital, there's been movement near this town. Super suspicious.
Taine's Tanker - an inn owned by a kindly old man, his wife succumbed to illness a month ago, and his son left to attend to the festival. The son is currently spending the night at his aunt's and is the young chap which transports visitors from the capital to his hometown.
Nirvana festival - annual festival held by the Motia family, who governs the country. To say the festival is organized by them is a lie, since it is actually The Church of Atom that plans everything out. There is also a significant lack of funding this year, which makes one wonder where the cash was swallowed to.

*Changes to the names can be requested, I just randomly made them up. Also, I'm just tossing in some plot, so pick it up if you feel like it.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 29 June 2020 at 10:29 PM

@meisawesome

"Hmm," the shopkeeper rubbed his fingers against his chin. His late wife had loved to play the piano, and he had loved her deeply. Every time he looked at his daughter, he would think of her and hearing the sound of the piano again. He looked this girl up and down. Despite his initial reaction and mistrust, he was actually a warm person who couldn't hide his emotions. Perhaps magic would come from unlikely places. He finally agreed. "Okay. If I like your song, I'll even give you a present."

Ralpho couldn't believe what he was hearing. He never thought this girl could appease the shopkeeper so easily. To be honest, he was looking forward to hearing her play as well.

--
@nightmaremoon12 - ahh that's so cool! I would love to read it or edit it if you're looking for some eyes on it!! ❤️

Laurie sighed. She was tired and she wanted to eat the meal she worked hard to prepare. "You're in a country called Motia. We have a royal family who looks after this country in their infinite wisdom. You're currently in the Royal Forest. It's a place where only people with business in the palace can go."

She started explaining a few things to the girl, but then her curiosity got the best of her. "Can you use magic? Where did you come from?" Laurie paused, all of a sudden feeling rude for the questions. She felt even worse that she wasn't treating her as a proper guest, especially if she were a noble.

--
@laylamocha - you want a disciple?

Rial felt the presence of magic energy surrounding him. His black hair frisked to and fro in the wind as the spirits rippled past him--running towards something. Even more ominous, perhaps they were running away. He headed inside from feeding the horse a passerby brought with him to Taine's Tanker. Everyone was leaving and the most business he had these days was taking care of a horse for a night and providing breakfast in the morning for its owner.

--
New introductions:
Rial - some kid who's looking for a higher purpose in life. Fire mage with insane magic output. But he can't control his power so he's pretty much useless at using magic in a day to day way (like lighting campfires or candles at night). Maybe someone can teach him about flow and control who's not a fire mage...
@wingedfox - missing you here! Can't wait for you to jump in also ❤️

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 29 June 2020 at 10:34 PM

She smiled at him greatly and ran over. The quickly tested the notes, to make sure she was farmilliar with them. "Ok, yep..." she mumbled. She thought for a minute on what song she wanted to play.
She sighed nervously and began to play 'something just like this'. She mumbled the lyrics to be heard just loud enough over the music.

Durring the middle of the song, her hands began to cramp, so she cast a small healing spell, making the keys glow a pale blue.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 29 June 2020 at 10:37 PM

@meisawesome

The shopkeeper listened to the melody and the soft words of the girl playing piano. The lyrics were full of longing and he thought about his wife. He gasped when he saw the light glowing from the piano keys. The pale lilac blue running up and down the girl's fingers reminded him of his wife's favorite flowers. He remembered when they would be planted in every pot around the house and he could still recall their scent.

He listened contently, a wistful smile on his face.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 29 June 2020 at 10:39 PM

@pegasasu

~

"Well, of course I can use magic!" Grace feels a little less tense about the situation at hand. "The weave of magic in this place feels bit different than what I'm used to, so I'm really not at peak performance. And on the topic of where I'm from, I came from a world known as Solas Nua. There, I'm an archmage with the title of Shining Star. Last thing I remember, I was fighting a demon lord and I kind of lost because I got too reckless. And now I'm here."
She does not come to the conclusion that the demon lord brought her here. It seems plausible, but at the same time unlikely.
"Also, I'm kind of hungry. Got any food? I could bake some if you'd like."

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 29 June 2020 at 10:42 PM

And with the final note, she was done. She turned to him with a smile on her face "...well i can't really consider myself a bard if i don't please audiences, so did you like it?"

Deleted • 29 June 2020 at 10:54 PM

Crossing through the doorway, Anyae nearly ran into a boy with jet-black hair. A quick motion anchored her feet to the ground, water dripping off her toes. Zena, her red snake hissed, startled by the sudden movements.

The other person stumbled back, catching himself on the table. The candle flickered and burst, lighting his sleeve on fire. The innkeeper closed the door, inching his way to the kitchen.

"I'll get some supper for ya, girlie," he called from a distance away. Anyae passed the boy as he grasped her robe, the heat from his burning clothes scorching her. She flinched away.

"Drench me with water," he hissed.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 30 June 2020 at 6:40 AM

@nightmaremoon12

Laurie tensed as the girl told her about an entirely different world with an entirely different set of magic. The girl seemed friendlier and excited to tell her about it. Demon King? Laurie chuckled internally, what sort of fantasy world did this girl come from? There were monsters, but as far as Laurie knew, there was no existence like a Demon King. Or maybe there was.... ooOoohh

"I just made some stew. Why don't you follow me back to my home? You're welcome to keep the glaive while we walk there, but I'd prefer if you put it away when we get in."

--
@meisawesome

The shopkeeper had tears in his eyes. He clapped frantically, "I loved it! What a beautiful melody! It's like you pulled all my feelings out of my chest." He looked at her in an entirely different light.

"I can't give you the flute for free, but I want to get you something else." He went to the back of his shop and opened a metal box. From it, he pulled out a beautiful guitar with an ethereal glow wrapped around it. "Here," he handed it to her, "If you want it, I'm sure it will respond to you. This was my wife's old guitar."

--
@laylamocha

He almost ran into a girl and his magic power went crazy. He couldn't control himself anymore and he felt a deep searing pain through his body. He hoped he wouldn't burst into flames. He begged this newcomer for help, her aura soothed him. The brief moment they came into contact, he felt a cooling sensation run from her body into his.

"Do it," he urged her.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 30 June 2020 at 8:49 AM

She covered her mouth with joy, not sure what to say. "Thsnk you, thank you, THANK YOU!~" she said joyfully. She took the guitar, it had a strange tone to it. She played a quick tune, and a note appeared on his desk. "The payment is on your desk." She said joyously, and left excitedly. The note said

"Thank you so, so much! To express my thanks, here's a little 'gift'."
Under that sentence, was a small, valuable gem
"i will never forget you!
-Ralsie"

Deleted • 30 June 2020 at 9:16 AM

@Pegasasu

"Do it," he pleaded to me.

Anyae placed a hand on his shoulder and let her magic flow through his body, soothing the erratic flames flaring up across his innards.

Afterwards, she backed away and the old man served her a plate of piping hot stew.

She gestured towards Rial, beckoning him to sit with her.

"A glass of cold juice, please Sir Taine."

124 posts

crystalshard • 30 June 2020 at 9:58 AM

I'm just gonna slide into this RP...

Character Sheet:
Name: Julian
Transmigrator: Yes
Faction: 2
History: Julian was a second generation rich kid in modern times earth. Ever since young, he had been groomed to take over his parents' multimillion dollar business. He is exceedingly competent, and unfortunately finds life boring since it's so easy for him. After being hit by a 'meteorite' during school, he was transmigrated as Duke Castillen's eldest son.
Occupation before transmigration: Student
Appearance after transmigration: Blond with purple eyes
Personality: Enjoys manipulating people’s feelings. Consequently, he is amazing at reading people and hides his true emotions behind a mask. Generally has a laid-back attitude, however if there is something he wants, he will act however necessary in order to get it.
Other: His favorite pastime is manipulating others and watching the drama unfold.