Darker Secrets Hidden in Memories [ORIGINAL ROLEPLAY - signups]

in Roleplaying

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 3 July 2020 at 11:25 PM

@pegasasu

"Please do tell any of those stories to me. I'm kind of a sucker for some sweet lore, you know?" Grace giggles slightly, now calmer than she initially was. "Maybe that whole legend thing may have something to do with my appearance here? My guess is that this 'new magic' could be from a phenomenon similar to my predicament - where things from another world appear somewhere else. That would cause a shift in the paradigm."
Even after her explanation, she shrugs. "I'm just guessing, though. Maybe it's a fairy tale!"

~

On a side note, I feel like there should be a separate topic for speculations - just so that the main thread can be organized. Either that or through a group private messaging.

Deleted • 4 July 2020 at 10:16 AM

@pegasasu Not too sure about that, let's see where my brain takes me! 😊 Hehe, I'll try.
@nightmaremoon12 I don't suggest PMs, it's like super duper annoying that everyone gets notified no matter what, and you can't edit stuff. Move either the roleplay or starting another forum topic could be okay. I think it should be in the chit-chat section instead?

"Anyae, I- ", she stopped herself short. A purple wave glimmered in the air. It swarmed towards Inda.

"Get. Down!"
Launching over the table, Anaye dragged Inda down to no vain, the wave engulfed both the two of them, and the inn resumed it usual chatter, albeit tension ran high in the air.

Ah! Green? What on Erital!
The girls ended up in a green forest. Their views fluctuated between the brown inn, a desolate cottage, and a castle built in the clouds.

Anyae's head spun, they had been teleported to another place. She stumbled and fell, crashing into Inda. She lost consciousness.
--
@meisawesome
"Girl!" A random passerby called her. She was pulled towards her roughly, and the person chattered excitedly about her pendant.

"Wow, where did you get this? Is that made from metalium? Can I get it in Motia? ..." She dragged Fa
Ralsie with her, insistent on getting her off the main road and into a shady shop.

Upon entering the doorway, the other girl vanished and Ralsie was left alone.
--
@crystalshard
Julian was sitting in the study like a doll, gaze trained on the painting before him. It showed the family as a whole, no cheerful faces, only an elegant atmosphere.

A space rift tempted him from across the room. It glimmered and sparkled. He reached his hands outwards..
--
Black shadows hovered over Rial, and he jerked awake. The disturbances unnerved him, it left subtle traces but it was very potent to someone with an abnormal mana pool. He collapsed on the bedding, and didn't sleep another wink.

When the rooster crowed, he dashed out and waited the morning. Anyae never came out. In the late afternoon, he approached the innkeeper and asked about her whereabouts.

Mr. Taine chuckled nervously. "She left early this morning, young lad! She packed up quite early, I betcha were still sleeping then!"

He's.. lieing. Her magical signature disappeared last night. As a fire mage, he could trace heat signatures on specific people, and hers disappeared last night, as there was a disturbance in the dimensions.

Sooo..... Someone ping @wingedfox for me?? I forgot to do so and after edit pings don't work. UwU

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 4 July 2020 at 10:20 AM

She looked purely confused. "... so I'm just going to do what i do in every situation like this, and pretend the last part didn't happen. Hi, I'm Ralsie."

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 5 July 2020 at 10:53 AM

(@pegasasu I like that idea!)

@laylamocha
Inda smiled at Ayane and reached out to grab her water, then everything after that happened in a blur of light, hair, the inn, a cottage, a castle, then everything turned green.
She held a hand to her now throbbing head dizzily. All she wanted at this moment was that little glass of water. "What..." She couldn't finish her question because Anyae passed out beside her and crashed into her. Because she was so dizzy, she couldn't keep her balance and toppled over. Her head hit the ground hard and she saw stars. Her cat hat tumbled off her head and landed somewhere else that she couldn't see. What the heck was happening? She slowly passed out from both the hit and the shock.

124 posts

crystalshard • 5 July 2020 at 7:42 PM

@pegasasu
..towards a nearby vase that held a multitude of flowers. Plucking a rose from its perch, he proceeded to poke the disturbance with its stem. The wall shivered and undulated like a wave, causing a flicker of amusement and wariness to pass his gaze.

Sheesh. This place was weirder than I thought. Even the walls can't stay still. He thought.

He threw the entire flower, and watched the disturbance swallow it whole. He waited a bit, but the disturbance did not vomit out the flower again. Stealing another flower, he repeated the process, and watched as the results remained the same. Picking up the entire vase, he vaulted it at the space rift. Again, it disappeared.

He thought for a moment, before enlightenment hit him about what was happening; the garbage removal system in this place seemed insanely well designed. If only he knew how to turn it off.

However, it was an amusing past time, and he proceeded to pre-occupy himself with throwing random things at the rift on the wall.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 6 July 2020 at 9:48 PM

Hi everyone! I created a separate forum for roleplaying and this one can just be discussion:
https://eggcave.com/forums/topic/73778
I pinged everyone there too in case I forgot you here.
@wingedfox

@nightmaremoon12

Laurie invited Grace in and spooned her a bowl of soup. She gestured for the girl to have a seat at her wooden dining table before she served herself a bowl. Handing Grace some cutlery, Laurie took a seat and sipped at her soup. She enjoyed the tender vegetables and chewed at the meat, wanting some sense of normalcy before confronting this new situation.

"We have this story about a demon that swallows children," she paused for dramatic effect, "It feels like the night time when he comes. All the light disappears and then a green light appears. It gets so bright you can't see anything and then someone disappears."

Laurie took another bite before asking, "What about where you're from? What's it like? You said that there's magic?"

--
@laylamocha

Anyae's magic signature disappeared. Not as if she left and went really far--it was like she hadn't existed in the first place. But Taine remembered her enough to seem unsettled, and Rial still had his memories of her agreeing to be his master. He wanted to master his magic, or at least not have it become an inconvenience.

He concentrated on memorizing how her magic felt to him. Rial remembered the soothing sensation and the way she controlled her mana flow. He circulated his own magic the way the Tower of Magic academy taught him, focusing on threading his mana the way she did. He felt some semblance of control over his magic for the first time in years.

This was a defining moment. He decided that he would pack up and go out to find her.

--
@meisawesome

Is Ralsie still playing her guitar in the plains near the town with the music shop?

--
@crystalshard

The Spymaster followed his own intuition and then occasionally took direction from Laurie Olivier. The woman's competence commanded respect and her position as the King's aide meant she wielded substantial power. However, he never felt a single ounce of entitlement or greed from her. She remained level-headed, as if it didn't matter who her master was, as long as she had one she would work. The Spymaster hated those people the most. What could control a woman like that? He shook his head and continued on the task assigned.

She told him to investigate Duke Castillen's estate, especially the son. He already heard rumors about the nasty inheritance struggle between the first and second son. A possession and demon might over-complicate things and get the Church involved. The Church's involvement would dilute the power of the nobles, but Duke Castillen supported the Royal Family. Perhaps that contributed to Laurie's interest in the matter.

He decided to investigate the matter himself, cloaking himself in concealment magic and sneaking into the estate. Based on his memory, this window would be right outside Julian's room.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 6 July 2020 at 9:53 PM

@pegasasu
Eh, i mean, she was on her way back, because reality hit her ("oh wait a minute...where am i?")

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 6 July 2020 at 10:03 PM

@meisawesome - ohh that makes sense

lol I do that all the time tbh and just forget what I was doing although Ralsie's in a tougher spot than forgetting why she opened the fridge or something lol

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 6 July 2020 at 10:34 PM

@pegasasu oops didnt catch the thing

~

"In Solas Nua, we have tales of these powerful god-like entities known as the Watchers." Grace replies, taking a sip from her own share of the stew. "There's supposedly ten of them for the four prime elements, the four secondary elements, and the aspects of order and chaos. I've never personally met them, but I'd love to one day."
She relaxes a little bit, feeling pleasant about her surroundings. "Would you like to hear some recent events in Solas Nua? They're not recent recent, but like, they're a few centuries ago."

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 6 July 2020 at 10:36 PM

@nightmaremoon12 - lol it's all good, we're currently copying and pasting the roleplay posts from this thread to the other one