~*Current Participants*~
@wingedfox
@meisawesome
@crystalshard
@laylamocha
@nightmaremoon12
@fanficmelon

~*Rules*~
1. If you're interacting with another character directly, please ping them.
2. Minimum of two sentences for each post.
3. Please try to keep your character balanced.
4. Respect others

--
As requested, here's a new thread for roleplaying. The other one will be to discuss 😊

Deleted • 6 July 2020 at 10:06 PM

//pegasasu
Laurie knocked on the King's door and pushed it open when she heard his voice. "Your grace, there's been a report from the Tower of Magic. Two days ago there was a major disturbance in magical energies."

The King signed and furrowed his brow, "How much was the damage? Does the Royal Family need to clean this up?"

Looking over her glasses to study his face, Laurie noticed how tired he seemed to be. "No, your grace. This seems to be some phenomenon that happened to Tomia and Aitom. The Tower is observing for now and will provide updates when they find more information. But magical power has been in flux and they reported the appearance of strange magical signatures. They speculate it might be the emergence of a different kind of magic."

He nodded, almost glad that he wouldn't need to trouble himself over this. "Assign whatever resources we can spare and you see fit to figure this mystery out."

Laurie bowed her head and asked to be excused. She had a bad feeling about the entire situation and called in the Spymaster.
---
New Things Introduced:
- Tower of Magic: the institution of mages that trains and registers new mages and provides them resources to improve their skills. The premier magic institution that all mages try to enter. They have their own magic academy. Prominent mages get hired to work for the Royal Family while other mages become provincial mages and help manage territories with the Nobles in charge. The Tower of Magic itself is not affiliated with the Royal Family or the Nobles. The head of the Tower is a Council of Magic.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 6 July 2020 at 10:13 PM

meisawesome
She walked out of a dimly lit cave, tuning her guitar (or something like it.).
A human and a tabaxi walked out, covered in magical energy and ash.
"Dont. Try. That. Again." The human said, angered. Ralsie grinned "well would you have liked me to try it out here?" She asked in a smug tone. She raised her arm, as if to cast it again. The Tabaxi gave her a death stare, but she didn't notice. She closed her eyes and strummed.

/////

pegasasu
The Spymaster rushed over. He was a curious character who constantly picked at his nails with agitation. Perhaps it was anxiety. Or maybe he just didn't like Laurie. Well, Laurie didn't think too highly of him either. His slim figure appeared shadowy at times, as if the man might slip away if it weren't for her stare constantly on him.

"Miss Olivier, is it about the magical disturbances?" he tilted his head, as if knowing all the questions she would ask.

She nodded, not taking her eyes off of him. "What do you know?"

"There have been a couple people puzzled over the new behavior of their relatives. Among those is Duke Castillen who worries over his son and then the Marchioness Essell seems overly concerned with the development of her adopted daughter. There have been stirrings of disturbances within the Black Market regarding these changing personalities and the Tower of Magic had a few mages affected too." The Spymaster concluded his report and started picking at his fingers nervously.

Laurie let him go, poured herself a cup of tea and wondered how she would approach this new problem.

--
New things introduced:
Duke Castillen - puzzled over the behavior of his son
Marchioness Essell - puzzled over the behavior of her adopted daughter
Black Market - where bad stuff gets sold...
Feel free to use these two to develop your own backstories!

///////
meisawesome
She kept her eyes closed as she felt...weird. the texture of the ground was now noticeable, her guitar was gone. She opened her eyes and looked down to see a whole new body. She screamed.

//////

She headed home for the day which meant just a couple minutes walk from the palace into the forest behind it. Laurie's cottage had been built on royal ground, but the King had granted her the land a few years ago for her service. Now, she owned a decently sized plot of Royal Forest, filled with spiritual energy, rare herbs, abundant wild creatures, and even a magical mine. Of course she was the only one who realized it was there. A council member of the Tower of Magic had presented her the privacy of a Concealment spell as a gift after she helped them with passing a policy.

Laurie opened the door to her little sanctuary and the modernity contrasted with its rural appearance. Magical tools that she took interest in tinkering with littered the floor along with loose sheets of papers that she needed to review. She had a bed upstairs with a blanket cooled and heated by a magical crystal. The entire cottage interior was sleek and white and felt like a bottle of Purell--antiseptic and practical. She snapped her fingers and her lights turned on while walked to her kitchen to make food.

--
New introductions:
Royal Forest - the land behind the royal palace that's basically unclaimed wilderness but under the management of the Royal Family.
Magic crystal - basically electricity in this world. You can power stuff and depending on the magic consumption of the device, the crystals can last super long. A magic crystal for a refrigerator should last about twenty years.

//////

After like a minute of panicking, she forced herself to calm down. "Alright Ralsie, first things first: try to walk.". That proved to be much less of a challenge than she thought it would be. The only difference for her, was that hooves were a smoothe surface, and if you stepped on something sharp, it didn't hurt that much.

/////
nightmaremoon12
"Seriously?! Out of all the places I could have been and out of all the things that could have happened, this is the result?!"
Grace's loud voice complains inside a forest. "This is just perfect. This is just so perfect!"
She lets out a sigh of defeat as she slumps down next to the nearest tree in sight. "Wonder how everyone's doing in Solas Nua without me. Maybe if I..." Grace stretches out an arm, trying to channel in the weave of magic to do her bidding. However, all she can muster up is simple sparks of sorcery.
"If I want to cast a wish to get me home, I'll need something better than this..."

//////

Laurie's meal was interrupted by a loud thump outside of her cottage. She felt there was still some distance between her and whatever intruded her peace. Grabbing a light jacket, she headed outside into the early twilight to explore the source of the noise.

As she approached what she thought to be the origin of the sound, she felt the magic twist around her in an unfamiliar way. Although Laurie couldn't use her own magic, she had enough dealings with the Tower of Magic and enough time with magic tools to know how they felt. The leaves crunched underneath her feet as she brushed aside a branch.

//////

Grace perks up as she hears the soft sounds of something moving nearby. "Hey, who's there?" She immediately stands up and gets into a battling stance. "If you're here to do anything funny, then you'll have to get through my glaive first!"
She tries to sound intimidating, to make it feel like she means business. In reality, she's trying to deter anyone who might harm her.

//////

Laurie heard a female voice. A glaive? she thought to herself incredulously. When was the last time someone had challenged her with an actual weapon? There was no way she could win against a weapons user in a fight. Perhaps she shouldn't reveal herself after all? But then again, a weapons user would probably be faster than her and stronger. It would be best to introduce herself on good terms.

She put her hands in the air as she stepped out of the thicket and into view of a girl with golden eyes and black hair. "I happened to come across you since I live nearby. My name's Laurie." She cautiously introduced herself, but tried to maintain some level of nonchalance in her tone. She examined the girl's outfit and thought she looked a bit familiar. She had to have a noble identity to be in the Royal Forest. Why did this girl look so bewildered?

//////

"Laurie, huh?" Grace loosens up a little bit upon coming into eye contact with her. "Cute name. Now, tell me where I am."
Usually she would be quick to trust a person. But due to the fact she is literally in a foreign world, she has to remain vigilant. "I don't belong here, and believe me, I'd rather be back home than be... wherever I am."

//////
meisawesome
She sighed "alrightm next thing is to get an instrument.". She wandered aimlessly, because she didn't know where a town was.

//////
pegasasu
Is she looking down on me? Laurie thought to herself. No matter how she looked at it, the girl in front of her couldn't be older than her. Whatever...

"You're in the Royal Forest in the town of Motia. But it's strange that I would need to tell a noblewoman that considering you were allowed here in the first place. Why don't we talk about this over some tea. You're free to do whatever you need to make yourself feel safe with me."

She smiled slightly, looking down on her own spindly arms. "I guarantee I won't be that much of a threat."

//////
meisawesome
She finally saw the town in the distance, but she was a little annoyed. Even though she already knew this was a different world, she had a small expectation that there would be at least an elf or two. She walked down to it, anyway.

//////
pegasasu
Ralpho used to be a beggar until a strange woman wearing glasses found him and asked him to join the Royal Kingdom's group of spies. Now Ralpho served as Miss Olivier's eyes and ears. Even though he had tried robbing her the first time they met, she had taken him in, trained him in martial arts, and taught him how to read and write. He would be forever grateful, although he hadn't seen her in a long time.

His eyes caught the figure of a girl walking towards the town. She had a menacing aura, as if something she loved had been taken away from her. He quickly climbed up a tree to observe her; it didn't feel like she belonged in this world despite her normal appearance.

--
New introductions:
Ralpho - a random little kid who tried to pickpocket Laurie Olivier and she made him a spy for the Kingdom. Inquisitive but extremely cautious. Hates confrontation and will try to weasel his way out of face to face interaction unless it's with Laurie. He's kindhearted but sometimes doesn't understand that the seemingly kindest action would also bring the most harm in the long run. He has extremely sharp eyes and can use magic to augment his vision, but that's all the magic he can use.

Deleted • 6 July 2020 at 10:22 PM

///meisawesome
She walked up to a random person and asked "hey, can you tell me where i can find an instrument?". The person nodded and directed her to a small shop. She thanked him and made her way there.

//pegasasu
The girl he was observing asked someone where to find an instrument and the man had directed her to a store. As she made her way there, continued to creep along behind her, wondering what she could be up to.

He felt a little bit stupid. What if this girl just wants to find an instrument and came from a remote town? There might really be nothing more to this situation.

//meisawesome
She entered the store, and looked around. There were a lot of unfarmilliar instruments, but very few of them were string, and none of the string she knew how to play. She sighed and picked up a flute. She played a quick tune to cast a spell, that would give her enough money to pay for it.

//pegasasu
Ralpho couldn't believe his eyes as he looked through the window of the music shop. The girl picked up the flute, played it a bit and then he saw money just appear out of thin air. This has to be some trick! He was extremely curious and snuck in through the back of the store to where he knew the owner's daughter would be.

"Hey, your father is about to sell a flute," he said to her, "I think the money the customer is giving is fake!"

The girl looked astonished, but she trusted Ralpho enough to listen. He had saved her life once after all. She hurriedly went in the store, eyed the girl holding the flute and whispered what Ralpho told her into her father's ear.

He was angry and came up to the girl holding his flute and confronted her, "How are you going to play the flute before paying for it?"

//meisawesome
She looked at him confused "...explain, please."

//pegasasu
"You played this flute without asking and now you have to pay for it!" the shopkeeper fumed. He didn't expect her to have the money and was just upset with the lack of a sale.

//meisawesome
She shrugged "alright." And handed him the currency she made.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 6 July 2020 at 10:32 PM

//fanficmelon
(im just jumping into the rp and hoping the actions seem natural)
Aki looked around the small town, generally interested in what this place would bring. He noticed a small shop with a bit of a commotion inside. Apparently some kid made the shopkeeper angry. Well, at least it wasn't him making the townspeople angry this time. He ignored the commotion and went over a sandwich shop he remembered from his last visit to this town. It was a great location to eat good food while watching whatever was going on over there.

//nightmaremoon12
"Clearly, there has been some misunderstanding." Grace starts sidling backwards. "I'm not part of any noble court, nor do I recall ever asking to be in one. Let me let you in on a little something: I don't know what Motia is. I don't know what the Royal Forest is. How can I know that you aren't just speaking like this to me to lower my guard?"
She stares intently at the lady, her body stiffened up as she tries to read her body language. She seems to not know about Grace's situation, which makes her somewhat annoyed. Is someone putting an illusion on her?
"Usually on other days I'd be gleefully introducing myself and going about on tangents about my favorite book, but I should let you know, this is not one of those days."

//meisawesome
The realization suddenly dawned on her. "You think these are counterfeit, don't you?"

//pegasasu
@/meisawesome @/fanficmelon --- also feel free to play any of the NPC's! So meisawesome, you can decide what the shopkeeper and Ralpho say also

Ralpho watched nervously from the background and felt someone watching in their general direction. He couldn't pinpoint it exactly, but he wanted to wait for the person to make his or her presence known. Ralpho observed the confrontation. The shopkeeper was now giving the girl a dirty look.

"Who said I thought it was fake?" he growled, looking her up and down. "It just doesn't look like you actually have money. Do you even know how much that flute costs?"

--
@/nightmaremoon12

Laurie maintained her composure when faced with this strange girl although she probably let a bit of her shock show. Could she have something to do with the magic disturbances? But Laurie didn't know the extent of the disturbance or the disruption to the magic flow. At such a large scale, someone like her wouldn't be able to sense a thing.

"Miss," she began, "Your clothes make you look like a noble. And a commoner wouldn't have such fair skin and beautiful hair." Laurie attempted to use flattery to diffuse the situation. She could tell the girl was getting agitated, although she definitely was remarkably pretty. "What can I do to put you at ease?" she asked again.

//meisawesome
She shrugged "well where I'm from, it can range from 12 silver, to 10 gold." She admitted.

//pegasasu
"Hmm, well. 50 silvers is my price. But I'll discount it to 30 if you play me a song."

//meisawesome
She grinned "alright, just lemme think...". She thought for a moment on what kind of song to play. She spotted a piano at the part corner of the room "you mind if i use that?" She said, pointing to it.

//nightmaremoon12
"You can start by telling me exactly what this place is. Pretend you're explaining to foreigner from another plane of existence." Grace replies, still remaining in her wary stance. "Because in case you haven't noticed yet, I don't belong here."

//laylamocha
The ritual was a success.. Alas, some insignificant body was sacrificed to trigger the reaction needed. She performed her duties well as the catalyst. There should be an extravagant feast to celebrate tonight, what a pain.

Anyae washed off the dust off the altar with a wave of her hand, water seeping through the cracks penetrating the table, leaving behind a regular stone table split into two. She lifted her robe carefully and stepped her way out the window, as it started to rain.

Her surroundings were deathly silent, as if the spirits refused to acknowledge what had happened, turning a blind eye to all the new magical signatures strewn over the country. A little red snake caught up to Anyae, winding itself around her ankle and settling still. Her bare feet crossed the mossy ground, and left the barrier.

She pushed her way through the branches, arriving at the edge of a remote town. The dim lights illuminated her silhouette, and she walked along the dirt pathway, awaiting the usual rickshaw to come by.

"Ah, little girl are you hoping to catch a ride back to the capital?" an elderly old man asked."You're not in luck, the last ride left an hour ago, and the young chap is expected to stay at his aunt's for the night."

"You wouldn't happen to have a spare room for me to lodge at, do you?" Anyae inquired, turning to look at the innkeeper."

"Taine's Tanker always has space nowadays, girl. All the young folk are leaving Jenver for the annual Nirvana festival."

Jenver- a town located 2 hours away by moving transport from the capital, there's been movement near this town. Super suspicious.
Taine's Tanker - an inn owned by a kindly old man, his wife succumbed to illness a month ago, and his son left to attend to the festival. The son is currently spending the night at his aunt's and is the young chap which transports visitors from the capital to his hometown.
Nirvana festival - annual festival held by the Motia family, who governs the country. To say the festival is organized by them is a lie, since it is actually The Church of Atom that plans everything out. There is also a significant lack of funding this year, which makes one wonder where the cash was swallowed to.

*Changes to the names can be requested, I just randomly made them up. Also, I'm just tossing in some plot, so pick it up if you feel like it.

//pegasasu
@/meisawesome

"Hmm," the shopkeeper rubbed his fingers against his chin. His late wife had loved to play the piano, and he had loved her deeply. Every time he looked at his daughter, he would think of her and hearing the sound of the piano again. He looked this girl up and down. Despite his initial reaction and mistrust, he was actually a warm person who couldn't hide his emotions. Perhaps magic would come from unlikely places. He finally agreed. "Okay. If I like your song, I'll even give you a present."

Ralpho couldn't believe what he was hearing. He never thought this girl could appease the shopkeeper so easily. To be honest, he was looking forward to hearing her play as well.

--
@/nightmaremoon12 - ahh that's so cool! I would love to read it or edit it if you're looking for some eyes on it!!

Laurie sighed. She was tired and she wanted to eat the meal she worked hard to prepare. "You're in a country called Motia. We have a royal family who looks after this country in their infinite wisdom. You're currently in the Royal Forest. It's a place where only people with business in the palace can go."

She started explaining a few things to the girl, but then her curiosity got the best of her. "Can you use magic? Where did you come from?" Laurie paused, all of a sudden feeling rude for the questions. She felt even worse that she wasn't treating her as a proper guest, especially if she were a noble.

--
@/laylamocha - you want a disciple?

Rial felt the presence of magic energy surrounding him. His black hair frisked to and fro in the wind as the spirits rippled past him--running towards something. Even more ominous, perhaps they were running away. He headed inside from feeding the horse a passerby brought with him to Taine's Tanker. Everyone was leaving and the most business he had these days was taking care of a horse for a night and providing breakfast in the morning for its owner.

--
New introductions:
Rial - some kid who's looking for a higher purpose in life. Fire mage with insane magic output. But he can't control his power so he's pretty much useless at using magic in a day to day way (like lighting campfires or candles at night). Maybe someone can teach him about flow and control who's not a fire mage...
@/wingedfox - missing you here! Can't wait for you to jump in also

//meisawesome
She smiled at him greatly and ran over. The quickly tested the notes, to make sure she was farmilliar with them. "Ok, yep..." she mumbled. She thought for a minute on what song she wanted to play.
She sighed nervously and began to play 'something just like this'. She mumbled the lyrics to be heard just loud enough over the music.

Durring the middle of the song, her hands began to cramp, so she cast a small healing spell, making the keys glow a pale blue.

//pegasasu
The shopkeeper listened to the melody and the soft words of the girl playing piano. The lyrics were full of longing and he thought about his wife. He gasped when he saw the light glowing from the piano keys. The pale lilac blue running up and down the girl's fingers reminded him of his wife's favorite flowers. He remembered when they would be planted in every pot around the house and he could still recall their scent.

He listened contently, a wistful smile on his face.

//nightmaremoon12
"Well, of course I can use magic!" Grace feels a little less tense about the situation at hand. "The weave of magic in this place feels bit different than what I'm used to, so I'm really not at peak performance. And on the topic of where I'm from, I came from a world known as Solas Nua. There, I'm an archmage with the title of Shining Star. Last thing I remember, I was fighting a demon lord and I kind of lost because I got too reckless. And now I'm here."
She does not come to the conclusion that the demon lord brought her here. It seems plausible, but at the same time unlikely.
"Also, I'm kind of hungry. Got any food? I could bake some if you'd like."

//meisawesome
And with the final note, she was done. She turned to him with a smile on her face "...well i can't really consider myself a bard if i don't please audiences, so did you like it?"

//laylamocha
Crossing through the doorway, Anyae nearly ran into a boy with jet-black hair. A quick motion anchored her feet to the ground, water dripping off her toes. Zena, her red snake hissed, startled by the sudden movements.

The other person stumbled back, catching himself on the table. The candle flickered and burst, lighting his sleeve on fire. The innkeeper closed the door, inching his way to the kitchen.

"I'll get some supper for ya, girlie," he called from a distance away. Anyae passed the boy as he grasped her robe, the heat from his burning clothes scorching her. She flinched away.

"Drench me with water," he hissed.

//pegasasu
@/nightmaremoon12

Laurie tensed as the girl told her about an entirely different world with an entirely different set of magic. The girl seemed friendlier and excited to tell her about it. Demon King? Laurie chuckled internally, what sort of fantasy world did this girl come from? There were monsters, but as far as Laurie knew, there was no existence like a Demon King. Or maybe there was.... ooOoohh

"I just made some stew. Why don't you follow me back to my home? You're welcome to keep the glaive while we walk there, but I'd prefer if you put it away when we get in."

--
@/meisawesome

The shopkeeper had tears in his eyes. He clapped frantically, "I loved it! What a beautiful melody! It's like you pulled all my feelings out of my chest." He looked at her in an entirely different light.

"I can't give you the flute for free, but I want to get you something else." He went to the back of his shop and opened a metal box. From it, he pulled out a beautiful guitar with an ethereal glow wrapped around it. "Here," he handed it to her, "If you want it, I'm sure it will respond to you. This was my wife's old guitar."

--
@/laylamocha

He almost ran into a girl and his magic power went crazy. He couldn't control himself anymore and he felt a deep searing pain through his body. He hoped he wouldn't burst into flames. He begged this newcomer for help, her aura soothed him. The brief moment they came into contact, he felt a cooling sensation run from her body into his.

"Do it," he urged her.

//meisawesome
She covered her mouth with joy, not sure what to say. "Thsnk you, thank you, THANK YOU!~" she said joyfully. She took the guitar, it had a strange tone to it. She played a quick tune, and a note appeared on his desk. "The payment is on your desk." She said joyously, and left excitedly. The note said

"Thank you so, so much! To express my thanks, here's a little 'gift'."
Under that sentence, was a small, valuable gem
"i will never forget you!
-Ralsie"

//laylamocha
"Do it," he pleaded to me.

Anyae placed a hand on his shoulder and let her magic flow through his body, soothing the erratic flames flaring up across his innards.

Afterwards, she backed away and the old man served her a plate of piping hot stew.

She gestured towards Rial, beckoning him to sit with her.

"A glass of cold juice, please Sir Taine."

2 posts

sasu • 6 July 2020 at 10:41 PM

//wingedfox
Inda leaned on a wall discreetly, watching the passersby. She had suddenly appeared here days ago and had no clue what the heck was happening or had happened... Not that she was mad at it, of course. She watched for people who looked friendly, her eyes following possible people. This was a huge upgrade from her old home.

//laylamocha
A heavy gaze weigh down upon Anyae. It wasn't the boy, who had yet to introduce himself.

Ah. Come to think of it, she couldn't blame him, as they had met by accident 4 minutes ago.

No, someone else was watching. Someone hiding in an alleyway across the street. The streetlight weren't very bright, as they were know to be in remote town. Unlike here, the capital was had no dark roads, what with spirit lights lighting the city up.

//meisawesome
She had an idea for a song, but it was awfully ambitious. The illusion spell needed would most likely throw her off and ruin the song. She shrugged and headed to a clearing, so if she did mess it up, it hopefully wouldn't do much.

//fanficmelon
Seeing the mysterious girl (Ralsie) walk off, Aki decided to follow her. Where was she going? He was more than slightly curious. Rubbing his eyes slightly, he sneaked off after her. The girl's music was great and he kind of wanted to hear more of it, ngl.

//meisawesome
She traveled through the plains, getting far away enough to probably *not* murder anyone

//pegasasu
@/meisawesome - idk how to keep developing this. Oops, deleting some things because I sent this too late lol.

"You're welcome kid," the shopkeeper grinned at the girl. He hadn't read her note yet so he didn't know her name. "If you ever need a place to stay or a meal, you're always welcome here." He leaned down to be at her eye level, "The only payment is another song."

Ralpho watched with amusement and a bit of awe of the young girl. He felt a little guilty about instigating the conflict, but it all worked out and she had gained something from it. He thought about reporting this back to the Spymaster. Ralpho had seen a lot of things, but never music that could move someone's soul the way this girl's playing had. Should he take the initiative to approach her?

--
@/playermocha

Rial felt the cold flowing into his body, extinguishing the flames within. He looked at the woman in awe. She invited him to sit, and he looked at his employer, Taine, for permission. Taine set the woman's stew down and grunted. Rial took that as his allowance to sit.

"Who are you? Can you help me?" A lump formed in Rial's throat as he fought against the desperation that came with the hope he suddenly felt. What if she could help me control my powers? He had already been kicked out from the Tower of Magic. There was no other magical association he could go to train.

//meisawesome
She thought for a moment as she was at a good distance. "Y'know what? I'd rather not." She thought aloud. She sat down and tried to think of a different song to play. (It was one of those moments where you do all the work, then realise you'd rather do something else.)

//crystalshard
Julian never knew getting killed would lead to such a new exciting life. Unfortunately, this exciting life seemed to be in a foreign language, and Julian had been ramping up his acting skills to the max around the people who seemingly knew who he was, but whom he had incomplete memories of.

Upon first arriving here, he woke up in a ratty bed and unfamiliar ceiling. The pockets of foreign memories caused him to have a headache every now and then, however they informed him that this world and body weren’t his own.

He had been transmigrated to become Duke Castelline’s eldest son from the Duke’s first wife, who was now deceased. His predecessor, a naive and oblivious child in Julian’s opinion, seemed to only have happy memories. But from the faint mockery in the current Duchess’s eyes and the servants’ attitude, he wasn’t as welcome as it appeared.

Luckily, with the help of his insanely good memorization skills and pockets of memories, and he was able to learn a couple of the common words of this new language. He doubted he would be passing any language tests though, so he kept quiet most of the time, feigning muteness, while trying to mimic the original Julian.

—- Breakpoint in view—
“He doesn’t seem to have changed much. Are you sure the ritual worked?” Duke Castillen’s second oldest son, Ryker asked his mom.

Duchess Castillen sat within the meeting room with her biological son, Ryker. Although light from the mana stone touched illuminated the room, the curtains had been drawn in order to create a semblance of privacy.

“I pay them an exorbitant sum of money and have seen the results; it should’ve worked.” Duchess Castillen took a sip out of her tea.

“But other than a bit of memory loss and not talking, he still that happy-go-lucky annoyance.”

“I saw him die.” The Duchess smoothed her son’s hair. “I saw them kill him. I saw his breathing stop. And then I saw them bring him back to life. However he acts now, he isn’t the person you used to know.”

“But-“

“No buts,” the Duchess reprimanded. “Just act how you usually do, and everything will be fine.”

Ryker nodded, before leaving the room to go play with his swords.

The Duchess frowned, if there was one downside, it was that the Duke seemed to have caught onto something about Julian’s situation. But it wasn’t too much of a problem; she had cleaned up any evidence connecting the incident to her. If anything, they would accuse that brat, Julian, instead.

She smiled at the thought of getting rid of her dead rival’s child.

— New info —
Duke Castillen’s eldest son is the transmigrator: Julian, and his second eldest son is named Ryker (If someone has a better name I’m all ears)

//laylamocha
"Who are you? Can you help me?"

"What.. do you need help with? My name is Anyae, what do you think I can assist you with?" his questions surprised Anyae, and she wondered what he was up to.

Anyae bowed her head and awaited his answer, slurping down the rabbit stew.
I'll pop out and investigate what that girl was doing (@wingedfox).

"I'm Rial, and my magic potential is limitless. However, the dam thing isn't ..isn't suitable for small things. It's explosive so I need to develop my magic."

"Essentially, you can't control your magic. It's fire magic, which makes sense. You need to learn how to ground yourself."

"Yes."

"Get some rest. Let's speak more of this in the morning."

Anyae set her bowl on the counter and ascended the stairs, snagging her room key from the cabinets. She walked down the hallway, opening the last room at the end.

Unlatching the window latch, she let the cold night air blow in, turning to lock the door she entered. With a leap, she jumped through the open window, landing on the road. She silently stepped towards Inda.

//nightmaremoon12
"Seems fair," Grace replies. "I won't destroy your home or anything. It's not like I have the choice to, anyways."
Her suspicions of the lady seems to be going away. She looks to be friendly enough. Maybe she can get her back to where she belongs?

//meisawesome
She snapped her fingers in 'idea-ness'. She cast a spell which made her flute disapear, but would reappear when she needed it. She tuned the guitar a little, and *tried* to play 'im something else'.
Emphasise on the word 'tried', because for every 10 notes, she missed/played one wrong.

//wingedfox
She snapped her fingers in 'idea-ness'. She cast a spell which made her flute disapear, but would reappear when she needed it. She tuned the guitar a little, and *tried* to play 'im something else'.
Emphasise on the word 'tried', because for every 10 notes, she missed/played one wrong.

//laylamocha
Inda followed Anyae into the inn.

She actually followed me? Why? Anyae shook her off her trail and disappeared into a group of drunk men coming out the door. She sat at the nearest table and watched how Inda would react.

Tapping her nails on the table top, she waited patiently.

//pegasasu
@/meisawesome

Ralpho followed the girl, not paying much attention to his surroundings despite his training. He looked in awe as the girl's flute vanished and she attempted to play music. This was enough sightseeing for him though. He knew a girl that looked that young wouldn't have entered the Tower of Magic's Academy. Deciding to report back to the Spymaster, he quickly headed back to town.

--
@/laylamocha @/wingedfox

Rial nodded at Anyae's introduction and decided to wait until morning. The woman seemed to have other things on her mind, and even he had noticed a figure that waited in the shadows. He retired to his room, his mind racing over the new developments. Tomorrow morning I'll ask if she can give me a lesson in controlling magic. Maybe I can even re-enter the Tower of Magic's Academy.

--
@/nightmaremoon12

"Sure, sure," Laurie smiled over her shoulder as she led the girl towards the cottage. She wasn't sure if the concealment magic had any effect on the girl. There were a lot of unknown things about the nature of this girl's magic and whether or not she actually came from this world. "Can you see the cottage in front of us?" she asked Grace.

They stepped closer and closer towards the edge of the barrier. Laurie's spine tingled as the barrier sent intruder alerts directly into her mind. She mentally brushed them aside and allowed Grace entry. In the event an unauthorized person entered, if they were deemed to have ill intent, the barrier would expel them. If not, the barrier would overwrite a portion of their memory and then teleport them elsewhere.

//nightmaremoon12
"I may not have all of my magic, but I can recognize its effects. You've set up a barrier to conceal your place, correct? I've seen areas where they set them up before, usually those guarding important rooms." Grace replies. To her, the cottage is a bit blurred before she passes through, but she manages to get an image of her mind as to what it should look like. "It looks like our worlds' magic have some stuff in common. Do you know of a spell that can open up interdimensional gates to other planes of existence?"

//wingedfox
Inda sighed slightly and walked into the inn. A warm meal would do her good... Well, it wouldn't do her bad, that was for sure. She spotted the friendly-looking person as she walked to the counter to order something. She stopped, looking at her, then decided she'd come back and continued on to the counter.

//laylamocha
Inda walked to the counter and ordered a plate of roasted chicken and two glasses of water. Then, she came back and plunked a glass in from of Anyae.

"Hello, what's your name?" smiling genially, Anyae asked.

She's wearing clothing that looks quite odd. She must be one of the successful transfers. Now the question is, will she cooperate with the schemes of my master? A feline head covered her scalp, hiding the color of her hair, weird markings littered her body and face, and she was scantily clad. A primitive world? Is she the type to demand to go back? Or the type to stay in Motia forever..

There is a reason why all the new, unique minds and bodies being taken from their original worlds, now there's just a need to ferret out those that don't serve the true purpose.

//wingedfox
"I'm Inda. And you are...?" She says cheeerily. She takes a sip of her water. This girl looked shyer than other people she'd seen. That was one reason she had followed her.

//pegasasu
Laurie smiled at her as she felt the other girl relax and give her assessment on the magic. At first, it troubled her that this strange girl could tell there was a concealment spell. But at the same time, Laurie had revealed the trick first by changing the arrangement of the magic as Grace approached.

"Hmm, I'm not sure if I've heard of that. There was a legend once that at the appearance of new magic, there will be a change in the natural framework of the world. The scholars have taken that to mean unparalleled advancement in our society, or the destruction of the world. We have a couple other darker legends that aren't the best to drag into the daylight. Now they're mainly told as tales to scare children."

Laurie opened up the door to her cottage. The delicious smell of a stew came wafting out and she felt relieved that Grace's first impression of her wouldn't be a burnt meal.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 6 July 2020 at 10:42 PM

//nightmaremoon12
"Please do tell any of those stories to me. I'm kind of a sucker for some sweet lore, you know?" Grace giggles slightly, now calmer than she initially was. "Maybe that whole legend thing may have something to do with my appearance here? My guess is that this 'new magic' could be from a phenomenon similar to my predicament - where things from another world appear somewhere else. That would cause a shift in the paradigm."
Even after her explanation, she shrugs. "I'm just guessing, though. Maybe it's a fairy tale!"

~

On a side note, I feel like there should be a separate topic for speculations - just so that the main thread can be organized. Either that or through a group private messaging.

//laylamocha
"Anyae, I- ", she stopped herself short. A purple wave glimmered in the air. It swarmed towards Inda.

"Get. Down!"
Launching over the table, Anaye dragged Inda down to no vain, the wave engulfed both the two of them, and the inn resumed it usual chatter, albeit tension ran high in the air.

Ah! Green? What on Erital!
The girls ended up in a green forest. Their views fluctuated between the brown inn, a desolate cottage, and a castle built in the clouds.

Anyae's head spun, they had been teleported to another place. She stumbled and fell, crashing into Inda. She lost consciousness.
--
@/meisawesome
"Girl!" A random passerby called her. She was pulled towards her roughly, and the person chattered excitedly about her pendant.

"Wow, where did you get this? Is that made from metalium? Can I get it in Motia? ..." She dragged Fa
Ralsie with her, insistent on getting her off the main road and into a shady shop.

Upon entering the doorway, the other girl vanished and Ralsie was left alone.
--
@/crystalshard
Julian was sitting in the study like a doll, gaze trained on the painting before him. It showed the family as a whole, no cheerful faces, only an elegant atmosphere.

A space rift tempted him from across the room. It glimmered and sparkled. He reached his hands outwards..
--
Black shadows hovered over Rial, and he jerked awake. The disturbances unnerved him, it left subtle traces but it was very potent to someone with an abnormal mana pool. He collapsed on the bedding, and didn't sleep another wink.

When the rooster crowed, he dashed out and waited the morning. Anyae never came out. In the late afternoon, he approached the innkeeper and asked about her whereabouts.

Mr. Taine chuckled nervously. "She left early this morning, young lad! She packed up quite early, I betcha were still sleeping then!"

He's.. lieing. Her magical signature disappeared last night. As a fire mage, he could trace heat signatures on specific people, and hers disappeared last night, as there was a disturbance in the dimensions.

Sooo..... Someone ping @/wingedfox for me?? I forgot to do so and after edit pings don't work. UwU

//meisawesome

She looked purely confused. "... so I'm just going to do what i do in every situation like this, and pretend the last part didn't happen. Hi, I'm Ralsie."

//wingedfox
Inda smiled at Ayane and reached out to grab her water, then everything after that happened in a blur of light, hair, the inn, a cottage, a castle, then everything turned green.
She held a hand to her now throbbing head dizzily. All she wanted at this moment was that little glass of water. "What..." She couldn't finish her question because Anyae passed out beside her and crashed into her. Because she was so dizzy, she couldn't keep her balance and toppled over. Her head hit the ground hard and she saw stars. Her cat hat tumbled off her head and landed somewhere else that she couldn't see. What the heck was happening? She slowly passed out from both the hit and the shock.

//crystalshard
..towards a nearby vase that held a multitude of flowers. Plucking a rose from its perch, he proceeded to poke the disturbance with its stem. The wall shivered and undulated like a wave, causing a flicker of amusement and wariness to pass his gaze.

Sheesh. This place was weirder than I thought. Even the walls can't stay still. He thought.

He threw the entire flower, and watched the disturbance swallow it whole. He waited a bit, but the disturbance did not vomit out the flower again. Stealing another flower, he repeated the process, and watched as the results remained the same. Picking up the entire vase, he vaulted it at the space rift. Again, it disappeared.

He thought for a moment, before enlightenment hit him about what was happening; the garbage removal system in this place seemed insanely well designed. If only he knew how to turn it off.

However, it was an amusing past time, and he proceeded to pre-occupy himself with throwing random things at the rift on the wall.

//pegasasu
Laurie invited Grace in and spooned her a bowl of soup. She gestured for the girl to have a seat at her wooden dining table before she served herself a bowl. Handing Grace some cutlery, Laurie took a seat and sipped at her soup. She enjoyed the tender vegetables and chewed at the meat, wanting some sense of normalcy before confronting this new situation.

"We have this story about a demon that swallows children," she paused for dramatic effect, "It feels like the night time when he comes. All the light disappears and then a green light appears. It gets so bright you can't see anything and then someone disappears."

Laurie took another bite before asking, "What about where you're from? What's it like? You said that there's magic?"

--
@/laylamocha

Anyae's magic signature disappeared. Not as if she left and went really far--it was like she hadn't existed in the first place. But Taine remembered her enough to seem unsettled, and Rial still had his memories of her agreeing to be his master. He wanted to master his magic, or at least not have it become an inconvenience.

He concentrated on memorizing how her magic felt to him. Rial remembered the soothing sensation and the way she controlled her mana flow. He circulated his own magic the way the Tower of Magic academy taught him, focusing on threading his mana the way she did. He felt some semblance of control over his magic for the first time in years.

This was a defining moment. He decided that he would pack up and go out to find her.

--
@/meisawesome

Is Ralsie still playing her guitar in the plains near the town with the music shop?

--
@/crystalshard

The Spymaster followed his own intuition and then occasionally took direction from Laurie Olivier. The woman's competence commanded respect and her position as the King's aide meant she wielded substantial power. However, he never felt a single ounce of entitlement or greed from her. She remained level-headed, as if it didn't matter who her master was, as long as she had one she would work. The Spymaster hated those people the most. What could control a woman like that? He shook his head and continued on the task assigned.

She told him to investigate Duke Castillen's estate, especially the son. He already heard rumors about the nasty inheritance struggle between the first and second son. A possession and demon might over-complicate things and get the Church involved. The Church's involvement would dilute the power of the nobles, but Duke Castillen supported the Royal Family. Perhaps that contributed to Laurie's interest in the matter.

He decided to investigate the matter himself, cloaking himself in concealment magic and sneaking into the estate. Based on his memory, this window would be right outside Julian's room.

2 posts

sasu • 6 July 2020 at 10:42 PM

~*new roleplay posts past this line*~

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 6 July 2020 at 10:58 PM

@pegasasu

~

"In Solas Nua, we have tales of these powerful god-like entities known as the Watchers." Grace replies, taking a sip from her own share of the stew. "There's supposedly ten of them for the four prime elements, the four secondary elements, and the aspects of order and chaos. I've never personally met them, but I'd love to one day."
She relaxes a little bit, feeling pleasant about her surroundings. "Would you like to hear some recent events in Solas Nua? They're not recent recent, but like, they're a few centuries ago."

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 6 July 2020 at 11:05 PM

@nightmaremoon12

"So the Watchers are actual people?" Laurie was curious. Erital's magic was loosely based on elements, but currently employed magic circles and mana stones to power it. "Please tell me, and maybe we'll be able to help each other."

Laurie studied Grace's face and made a mental note of her features. She would ask the Spymaster what sort of family this girl came from or whether she was indeed from a completely different world. Well, at this point Laurie didn't doubt that Grace wasn't from Motia. Now, she just needed to confirm whether or not Grace had ties to this country.

124 posts

crystalshard • 6 July 2020 at 11:15 PM

@pegasasu
Julian was just about to sacrifice another rock to the rift in the wall when there was a knock at the door. A moment later, the door opened to reveal whom Julian assumed to be this body's father.

Even through Julian's broken understanding of the language, he could tell that the man was more perceptive than most. It was small things, like a slight frown or wrinkle on the man's forehead. But it was enough to tell Julian that he needed to step up his game. So, he wiped off the amusement from his face, and lifted his lips up into a naive and foolish grin while the man started lecturing him about who knew what.
Duke Castillen stared at his supposed son, Julian. The boy used to constantly bother him about when he was going to take the affinity test. But recently, he had grown quiet. And the insults thrown at him from his brother seemed to slide right off of him, causing the Duke to grow wary.

However, he still sported that silly grin on his face. So the Duke was unsure about whether he wasn't his son or was his son.

"Your Affinity test will be taken sometime this week," the Duke informed, gauging his son's reaction. The boy's smile seemed to grow, but he didn't say anything.

The Duke frowned before walking away. Either way, he had informed the Tower to solve that mystery. Right now, he had a mountain of papers to read through.
Julian dropped his act the moment the old man left. There was some sort of test he was supposed to do? Julian wasn't too sure what, but he decided to deal with it later. Right now, he kinda wanted from fresh air to get rid of the stale atmosphere caused by the man's visit.

So he opened the window, and looked outside.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 6 July 2020 at 11:21 PM

@crystalshard

The Spymaster held his breath as the boy opened the window, the stupid grin on his face suddenly gone and replaced by a piercing gaze. He felt no magic coming from the boy which meant there wasn't a detection spell. But still, those with proper intuition could just feel another person's presence, with or without concealment.

The Spymaster abandoned his original plan to observe from afar and decided to interfere, albeit discreetly. Duke Castillen mentioned the affinity test, but it seemed that Julian had no idea about its contents. There might be more damage if the son of a prominent Duke couldn't even produce enough magic to pass the Tower of Magic's test.

He cast a whisper spell on himself and Julian. Careful to maintain his concealment spell, the Spymaster asked the boy, "Do you need some help?"

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 6 July 2020 at 11:22 PM

@pegasasu

~

Grace simply shrugs in reply. "I dunno. I never met them. So! Onto the topic of history. Two hundred and thirty four years ago in Solas Nua was the last day of the Planar Wars and the eventual beginning of a new era. Entities from every plane comprehensible fought one another. Celestial begins, fiends, fey, elementals, and everyone in between were involved. Even Solas Nua itself. This lead to some bad stuff happening and destruction got brought onto everyone and everything caught."
Laurie could see that Grace has an enthusiastic look on her face. It is evident that she really adores speaking about things she has interests in. "It only took several powerful spellcasters from different planes to finally put an end to the war. Using their magic, they sent every creature back to their home plane, and strengthened the barriers of each plane to make it difficult to travel through without powerful spells. When the Planar Wars ended, Solas Nua has this new magic brought in from the war, as well as various items bits of technology. With that, the people reconstructed what remained of the old world, and they came to mark it as the new era of its people. We've called it the Arcane Reconstruction."
She takes another sip of her stew before continuing. "The resurgence of magic also brought the secrets of the arcane back to the common folk - and a lot of the newly set up industrialization relies on the usage of magic. I guess it really lives up to its name, huh? You know, talking about home really makes me wish I can return. I mean - I'm not saying this place is awful, not at all! I just really miss the place."

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 6 July 2020 at 11:28 PM

@nightmaremoon12 -- wanna visit the Tower of Magic together later? I think that's where everyone's going
~Going offline ❤️

Laurie smiled as Grace spoke about Solas Nua and she wondered what it would be like to live in that world. "So Solas Nua is almost a mix of various different worlds into what it is now?" Laurie thought about the implications of planar travel. If Grace existed as a separate being from a different plane of existence, what would that mean? It would be easier to imagine that beyond Erital there were other planets, but an entirely different plane. "The Tower of Magic might know what you're looking for. I can write you a letter of recommendation to speak to their archivist."

She moved on to the next pressing topic, "You definitely have the appearance of a noble. Would it be okay if I investigated your identity on Motia? I don't want someone to recognize you and cause a scene."

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 6 July 2020 at 11:33 PM

@pegasasu - that'll be okay!

~

"Pretty much. You can liken it to a melting pot of cultures and creatures." Grace replies. "Anyways, as long as it can mean I'm closer to going back home, I don't mind! Maybe I could pop back in and visit sometimes, or invite you to visit home for a while. I got friends who you might like."

Deleted • 9 July 2020 at 1:17 AM

@wingedfox
Anyae blinked blearily, and tried to look at her surroundings. She struggled to lift herself, and crashed into the ground. Around her was a forest, which was eerily silent. Standing up, a sharp pain pierced her head. Anyae stumbled forward. A pair of warm hands encircled her, supporting her.
"Inda?"
"Yeah."
She walked into the clearing as Anyae came to consciousness, and watched as she almost tripped.

Anyae cast her gaze the direction Inda came from, which was hidden behind a tall bush.
"What have you found?"
Brushing pass the bushes, she stepped forward to see a cottage.
"Shall we enter?"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 9 July 2020 at 9:50 AM

@laylamocha
Inda nodded. "Of course we should. If there's danger, scream and I'll come help... Actually, I'll probably be the one screaming." She smiled wryly. "Let's go." She walked towards the cottage and stopped in front of the old, wood door.

Deleted • 9 July 2020 at 10:16 AM

@wingedfox

*Knock, knock*
The door creaks open slowly. A strong stew smell permeates the air, making Inda's stomach gurgle.

"Ah, you.. didn't manage to eat what you bought before, did you." Anyae glanced at Inda awkwardly.

Far away in the remote town of Jenver, Taine's Tanker sat a plate of scrambled eggs cooling on a table. A strange cloaked person sat down in front of it.
"Hey, there's no owner. It's mine." they hissed.

Walking in, Anyae squealed when seeing Laurie. She was the King's aid, who was swapped out when he was young. A black haired, emerald eyed lady, who was an extremely straight-laced person. Another young lady with golden eyes dined at her table, daintily consuming a bowl of stew.
A relative of Motia's royalty? Her golden eyes.. so piercing and bright. Who is she? Could she be one of them? Or is she a normal citizen too?

Anyae clutched at Inda, stopping a distance away.

Reminder:
Grace: Faction 1 (T who wants to go back)
Inda: Faction 2 (T who doesn't want to go back)
Laurie: Faction 3 (Seeking Truth)
Anyae: Faction 4 (Hiding secrets)

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 9 July 2020 at 10:26 AM

@laylamocha

Inda smiles slightly and turns slightly pink in embarrassment. "Yeah..." She looks into the room and sees a cloaked stranger. "Maybe this was a bad-" Anyae squeals and Inda pauses. Was it a good idea? She follows her hesitantly, keeping a hand by her pocket which held her small knife. She didn't want to use it, but it may come in handy.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 9 July 2020 at 4:09 PM

@nightmaremoon12 @laylamocha @wingedfox - who's breaking into my house? v.v

Laurie thought this chance Grace gave her to visit another world. "That would be nice," she mused. She wasn't a person particularly interested in exploration since all she needed to do was serve her King. Maybe she would request some vacation time in a couple of years. She felt sure that Motia would be equipped with the magic and researchers to answer Grace's questions. Grace began to ask a question about Motian lore before Laurie pressed her index finger to her lips and shot her a look.

The notification system of her defensive barrier pinged her mind as she felt a familiar magic signature and an unfamiliar one approaching her cottage. Grace probably intuitively sensed the magical signatures and immediately fell silent. Here's someone who knows how to read the mood. Laurie was thankful and felt herself liking the black haired woman more and more.

Two women opened the door, one blonde with green eyes and the other with large cat-like eyes and delicate features. The blonde one let out a squeal and Laurie recognized her immediately as Grandmaster Enri's assistant. Laurie visibly relaxed, "Anyae?"

She smiled to Grace to let them know that the two weren't a threat and began to make some tea, "I have the tea and cookies we always drink but..." She trailed off as she noticed the two eyeing her stew, "But I guess you can have some of my dinner too."

Anyae and Laurie's roles almost paralleled each other and the affairs of both the kingdom and the Tower of Magic were handled by the two women. They met often for discussion and sometimes recreation. Laurie considered her one of her few friends despite the age difference.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 9 July 2020 at 6:33 PM

(This is kinda just a thing Inda's doing and it's not really interacting with anyone, should I still ping the people I'm with?)

Inda sighed softly. "Of course. They know each other, maybe, and this can either go really good or really not." She said to herself. "Cool." She straightened her cat hat and held her hand closer to her knife.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 9 July 2020 at 8:45 PM

@pegasasu @wingedfox @laylamocha - Where did you get golden hair? I'm pretty sure I put "golden eyes and black hair" for Grace.

~

"Oh, do you know Laurie?" Grace asks the two new people who just entered the house. "My name's Grace. I'm not from around here. Hey, Laurie. Maybe you should let me try baking."

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 9 July 2020 at 10:49 PM

@wingedfox - I'm subbed but I don't mind if you do, I like getting the notifications. Makes me feel like something's happening in my life lol
@nightmaremoon12 - I think I misread the description on the signups. Changing it now! Thanks for letting me know. Lol I keep typing Grace instead of Laurie too all the time smh
@laylamocha

--
Laurie nodded absently to Grace's suggestion and pulled out the flour, eggs, and other cooking material. "I was just thinking about eating a raspberry tart..."

She looked over at Anyae, "Is that fine with you? I'm running low on the snacks we usually have."

From the corner of her eye Laurie noticed the other woman relax slightly but still keep her hand poised on her knife. She pulled up chairs for both women and asked casually, "Are you here about the recent magic disturbances?"

Deleted • 9 July 2020 at 11:20 PM

"I was just thinking about eating a raspberry tart..."
"Is that fine with you? I'm running low on the snacks we usually have."

"Food? I'm up for anything, except your horrendous raisin cookies. I severely dislike sour treats." She's Grace, hmm. Such a weird name, it's too unique for this world.

Anyae approached the table and sat down, she tried to sussed Grace out.
"So, Grace. What are you doing here?"
"I never knew you had a cottage in a silent forest, Laurie. Where are we? Also, we aren't here on purpose..."

@pegasasu I like having notifications too, not too many though
@wingedfox
@nightmaremoon12 MLP? Also, I misread the description. Sorry.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 9 July 2020 at 11:24 PM

@laylamocha - lololol "it's too unique for this world"

--
Laurie enjoyed the banter, "You should tell that to the royal chef who makes them for the King. I just bring them, not bake them."

Laurie shook her head, "Before asking Grace any questions, please explain how you ended up here if it wasn't on purpose. This is the Royal Forest, I doubt the Tower of Magic would be allowed to construct a teleportation point here or that anyone would be able to picture this place without seeing it before."

Deleted • 9 July 2020 at 11:48 PM

Anyae lowered her lashes thinking, the royal chef.. he - "...hates me."

That annoying old man deserves punishment, for he has resisted against the plans of the ones above. But he can't do anything to us, for we're holding them captive. If he missteps, they'll get executed. In any case, he takes revenge by spoiling my food, petty old man.

"We came here through a portal, Laurie dear. Do you think the mages of the Tower of Magic are fooling around again? I will check and lecture them properly." Let's place the blame on those weaklings, and the clean-up tasks will fall on them as well.
"It is possible that the Grandmaster's are experimen- , I mean researching new technology again. Please inform the intelligence department to not worry. I shall take care of everything." Anyae folded her arms and bowed, gracefully positioning herself on a stool.

Cloaked stranger- he hisses, snake beastman?
Ralpo? - Laurie's follower,
Spymaster - Good or bad? Loyal to the King? Maybe-
???
??? Oof, we aren't really using the other page for discussion..

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 9 July 2020 at 11:57 PM

@pegasasu
@laylamocha - Used to like MLP.
@wingedfox

I deleted my previous post after realizing ten more posts appeared. As I'm typing this, I'm currently participating in a D&D session on Discord.

~

Grace was about to answer Anyae's question until Laurie stopped her. She wonders if Anyae had any sort of hidden vendetta against her for a brief moment.
She begins to mix the ingredients they are meant to be mixed. Dry ingredients in one bowl and wet ones in the other. After a while, she mixes them together, until they become evenly stirred and become dough. With clean hands she begins to shape the dough into the desired shape until there is no more extra dough left.
"Hey, where can I heat these?"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 10 July 2020 at 9:23 AM

@wingedfox
@nightmaremoon12
@laylamocha

"Tower of magic?" Inda says curiously. It made her realize how very little she knew about this world. What was a 'tower of magic'? It seemed pretty self-explanatory, but she was a details person. She watches the strange people, who didn't seem dangerous. She folded her arms.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 10 July 2020 at 1:50 PM

@nightmaremoon12 - is there any chance you can invite me to that discord? I want to set up my own server for school with bots, but I'm having trouble picture how it'll all work out 0.0

@wingedfox
@laylamocha

@meisawesome & @crystalshard - missing you guys T.T

--

Laurie hesitated at Anyae's words. "A portal?" she asked, "Why haven't we been kept up to date about its development?"

She turned towards Grace, wondering if they should reveal her true origins to Anyae and the new woman. "Grace, the oven's tucked behind the corner on the right." Laurie winced at Grace's puzzled look, "I know, it's a terrible design."

She addressed the cat-like woman this time, "The Tower of Magic is our magical research institution and where new mages are trained. Are you a mage as well?"

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 10 July 2020 at 2:12 PM

(@pegasasu
Sorry!
....can someone catch me up on whats happening?)