Darker Secrets Hidden in Memories [ORIGINAL ROLEPLAY - signups]

in Roleplaying

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 30 June 2020 at 10:43 AM

(Thank you @pegasasu! I almost forgot. My life has been so crazy lately. I might have to drop out, but I don't think I will need to.)

Inda leaned on a wall discreetly, watching the passersby. She had suddenly appeared here days ago and had no clue what the heck was happening or had happened... Not that she was mad at it, of course. She watched for people who looked friendly, her eyes following possible people. This was a huge upgrade from her old home.

Deleted • 30 June 2020 at 11:26 AM

@wingedfox Wanna join Anyae and Rial in Jenver at Taine's Tanker, an inn?

________
A heavy gaze weigh down upon Anyae. It wasn't the boy, who had yet to introduce himself.

Ah. Come to think of it, she couldn't blame him, as they had met by accident 4 minutes ago.

No, someone else was watching. Someone hiding in an alleyway across the street. The streetlight weren't very bright, as they were know to be in remote town. Unlike here, the capital was had no dark roads, what with spirit lights lighting the city up.

______
OK, someone has to name the capital city. @pegasasu?

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 30 June 2020 at 11:30 AM

She had an idea for a song, but it was awfully ambitious. The illusion spell needed would most likely throw her off and ruin the song. She shrugged and headed to a clearing, so if she did mess it up, it hopefully wouldn't do much.

Female
407 posts

fanficmelon • 30 June 2020 at 12:34 PM

Seeing the mysterious girl (Ralsie) walk off, Aki decided to follow her. Where was she going? He was more than slightly curious. Rubbing his eyes slightly, he sneaked off after her. The girl's music was great and he kind of wanted to hear more of it, ngl.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 30 June 2020 at 12:54 PM

She traveled through the plains, getting far away enough to probably *not* murder anyone

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 30 June 2020 at 2:18 PM

@crystalshard - yess glad to have you!

--
@meisawesome - idk how to keep developing this. Oops, deleting some things because I sent this too late lol.

"You're welcome kid," the shopkeeper grinned at the girl. He hadn't read her note yet so he didn't know her name. "If you ever need a place to stay or a meal, you're always welcome here." He leaned down to be at her eye level, "The only payment is another song."

Ralpho watched with amusement and a bit of awe of the young girl. He felt a little guilty about instigating the conflict, but it all worked out and she had gained something from it. He thought about reporting this back to the Spymaster. Ralpho had seen a lot of things, but never music that could move someone's soul the way this girl's playing had. Should he take the initiative to approach her?

--
@playermocha

Rial felt the cold flowing into his body, extinguishing the flames within. He looked at the woman in awe. She invited him to sit, and he looked at his employer, Taine, for permission. Taine set the woman's stew down and grunted. Rial took that as his allowance to sit.

"Who are you? Can you help me?" A lump formed in Rial's throat as he fought against the desperation that came with the hope he suddenly felt. What if she could help me control my powers? He had already been kicked out from the Tower of Magic. There was no other magical association he could go to train.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 30 June 2020 at 2:25 PM

@pegasasu just personally retcon my characters actions. Sorry, i was getting to excited to rp.

She thought for a moment as she was at a good distance. "Y'know what? I'd rather not." She thought aloud. She sat down and tried to think of a different song to play. (It was one of those moments where you do all the work, then realise you'd rather do something else.)

124 posts

crystalshard • 30 June 2020 at 2:32 PM

(Thank you for having me join! And yeah, I'll be developing another storyline a bit more. Sorry if it's too long T^T)

Julian never knew getting killed would lead to such a new exciting life. Unfortunately, this exciting life seemed to be in a foreign language, and Julian had been ramping up his acting skills to the max around the people who seemingly knew who he was, but whom he had incomplete memories of.

Upon first arriving here, he woke up in a ratty bed and unfamiliar ceiling. The pockets of foreign memories caused him to have a headache every now and then, however they informed him that this world and body weren’t his own.

He had been transmigrated to become Duke Castelline’s eldest son from the Duke’s first wife, who was now deceased. His predecessor, a naive and oblivious child in Julian’s opinion, seemed to only have happy memories. But from the faint mockery in the current Duchess’s eyes and the servants’ attitude, he wasn’t as welcome as it appeared.

Luckily, with the help of his insanely good memorization skills and pockets of memories, and he was able to learn a couple of the common words of this new language. He doubted he would be passing any language tests though, so he kept quiet most of the time, feigning muteness, while trying to mimic the original Julian.

—- Breakpoint in view—
“He doesn’t seem to have changed much. Are you sure the ritual worked?” Duke Castillen’s second oldest son, Ryker asked his mom.

Duchess Castillen sat within the meeting room with her biological son, Ryker. Although light from the mana stone touched illuminated the room, the curtains had been drawn in order to create a semblance of privacy.

“I pay them an exorbitant sum of money and have seen the results; it should’ve worked.” Duchess Castillen took a sip out of her tea.

“But other than a bit of memory loss and not talking, he still that happy-go-lucky annoyance.”

“I saw him die.” The Duchess smoothed her son’s hair. “I saw them kill him. I saw his breathing stop. And then I saw them bring him back to life. However he acts now, he isn’t the person you used to know.”

“But-“

“No buts,” the Duchess reprimanded. “Just act how you usually do, and everything will be fine.”

Ryker nodded, before leaving the room to go play with his swords.

The Duchess frowned, if there was one downside, it was that the Duke seemed to have caught onto something about Julian’s situation. But it wasn’t too much of a problem; she had cleaned up any evidence connecting the incident to her. If anything, they would accuse that brat, Julian, instead.

She smiled at the thought of getting rid of her dead rival’s child.

— New info —
Duke Castillen’s eldest son is the transmigrator: Julian, and his second eldest son is named Ryker (If someone has a better name I’m all ears)

Deleted • 30 June 2020 at 11:04 PM

@pegasasu
"Who are you? Can you help me?"

"What.. do you need help with? My name is Anyae, what do you think I can assist you with?" his questions surprised Anyae, and she wondered what he was up to.

Anyae bowed her head and awaited his answer, slurping down the rabbit stew.
I'll pop out and investigate what that girl was doing (@wingedfox).

"I'm Rial, and my magic potential is limitless. However, the dam thing isn't ..isn't suitable for small things. It's explosive so I need to develop my magic."

"Essentially, you can't control your magic. It's fire magic, which makes sense. You need to learn how to ground yourself."

"Yes."

"Get some rest. Let's speak more of this in the morning."

Anyae set her bowl on the counter and ascended the stairs, snagging her room key from the cabinets. She walked down the hallway, opening the last room at the end.

Unlatching the window latch, she let the cold night air blow in, turning to lock the door she entered. With a leap, she jumped through the open window, landing on the road. She silently stepped towards Inda.

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 30 June 2020 at 11:44 PM

@pegasasu - Check your PMs - I sent you the link to Shining Star.

~

"Seems fair," Grace replies. "I won't destroy your home or anything. It's not like I have the choice to, anyways."
Her suspicions of the lady seems to be going away. She looks to be friendly enough. Maybe she can get her back to where she belongs?

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 1 July 2020 at 2:21 PM

She snapped her fingers in 'idea-ness'. She cast a spell which made her flute disapear, but would reappear when she needed it. She tuned the guitar a little, and *tried* to play 'im something else'.
Emphasise on the word 'tried', because for every 10 notes, she missed/played one wrong.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 1 July 2020 at 7:04 PM

(@laylamocha Sure! Thanks.)

Inda spotted a friendly-looking person and followed them, walking out of the alley and down a long walk towards an inn. She followed them in and quickly lost them to a crowd that was walking out the door.

Deleted • 1 July 2020 at 9:04 PM

@wingedfox
Inda followed Anyae into the inn.

She actually followed me? Why? Anyae shook her off her trail and disappeared into a group of drunk men coming out the door. She sat at the nearest table and watched how Inda would react.

Tapping her nails on the table top, she waited patiently.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 2 July 2020 at 1:42 AM

@meisawesome

Ralpho followed the girl, not paying much attention to his surroundings despite his training. He looked in awe as the girl's flute vanished and she attempted to play music. This was enough sightseeing for him though. He knew a girl that looked that young wouldn't have entered the Tower of Magic's Academy. Deciding to report back to the Spymaster, he quickly headed back to town.

--
@laylamocha @wingedfox

Rial nodded at Anyae's introduction and decided to wait until morning. The woman seemed to have other things on her mind, and even he had noticed a figure that waited in the shadows. He retired to his room, his mind racing over the new developments. Tomorrow morning I'll ask if she can give me a lesson in controlling magic. Maybe I can even re-enter the Tower of Magic's Academy.

--
@nightmaremoon12

"Sure, sure," Laurie smiled over her shoulder as she led the girl towards the cottage. She wasn't sure if the concealment magic had any effect on the girl. There were a lot of unknown things about the nature of this girl's magic and whether or not she actually came from this world. "Can you see the cottage in front of us?" she asked Grace.

They stepped closer and closer towards the edge of the barrier. Laurie's spine tingled as the barrier sent intruder alerts directly into her mind. She mentally brushed them aside and allowed Grace entry. In the event an unauthorized person entered, if they were deemed to have ill intent, the barrier would expel them. If not, the barrier would overwrite a portion of their memory and then teleport them elsewhere.

--
@crystalshard

Love the development!

Female
2,186 posts

hashtagnight • 2 July 2020 at 9:44 AM

@pegasasu

~

"I may not have all of my magic, but I can recognize its effects. You've set up a barrier to conceal your place, correct? I've seen areas where they set them up before, usually those guarding important rooms." Grace replies. To her, the cottage is a bit blurred before she passes through, but she manages to get an image of her mind as to what it should look like. "It looks like our worlds' magic have some stuff in common. Do you know of a spell that can open up interdimensional gates to other planes of existence?"

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 2 July 2020 at 10:22 AM

@laylamocha

Inda sighed slightly and walked into the inn. A warm meal would do her good... Well, it wouldn't do her bad, that was for sure. She spotted the friendly-looking person as she walked to the counter to order something. She stopped, looking at her, then decided she'd come back and continued on to the counter.

Deleted • 2 July 2020 at 10:36 AM

@wingedfox

Inda walked to the counter and ordered a plate of roasted chicken and two glasses of water. Then, she came back and plunked a glass in from of Anyae.

"Hello, what's your name?" smiling genially, Anyae asked.

She's wearing clothing that looks quite odd. She must be one of the successful transfers. Now the question is, will she cooperate with the schemes of my master? A feline head covered her scalp, hiding the color of her hair, weird markings littered her body and face, and she was scantily clad. A primitive world? Is she the type to demand to go back? Or the type to stay in Motia forever..

There is a reason why all the new, unique minds and bodies being taken from their original worlds, now there's just a need to ferret out those that don't serve the true purpose.

@pegasasu So, what's this world's name?
Eh, what's the plot? Prevent a disaster from happening, I'm guessing.

Genderqueer
3,446 posts

chaoschild • 2 July 2020 at 11:01 AM

@laylamocha

"I'm Inda. And you are...?" She says cheeerily. She takes a sip of her water. This girl looked shyer than other people she'd seen. That was one reason she had followed her.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 3 July 2020 at 4:49 PM

@nightmaremoon12

Laurie smiled at her as she felt the other girl relax and give her assessment on the magic. At first, it troubled her that this strange girl could tell there was a concealment spell. But at the same time, Laurie had revealed the trick first by changing the arrangement of the magic as Grace approached.

"Hmm, I'm not sure if I've heard of that. There was a legend once that at the appearance of new magic, there will be a change in the natural framework of the world. The scholars have taken that to mean unparalleled advancement in our society, or the destruction of the world. We have a couple other darker legends that aren't the best to drag into the daylight. Now they're mainly told as tales to scare children."

Laurie opened up the door to her cottage. The delicious smell of a stew came wafting out and she felt relieved that Grace's first impression of her wouldn't be a burnt meal.

--
@laylamocha

What do you think about the name "Erital" for the world?

Couple of plots include figuring out the nature of the magic that brought a bunch of people into this world, why it happened, and why people converged into this world specifically. And the end result is that it's a bunch of Gods just playing around and this also happened in the worlds the people originally came from. I'm thinking a whole "overthrow the world order" or "become gods ourselves to change things" because the original Gods became too flippant and didn't take their jobs seriously as world administrators.

@meisawesome @crystalshard @wingedfox - what do you guys think also?

--
New things:
THE LEGEND - the appearance of new magic will be the catalyst for great change ((but what are these other legends Laurie mentions??))

World name: Erital

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 3 July 2020 at 4:51 PM

@pegasasu
I think its great!

124 posts

crystalshard • 3 July 2020 at 5:10 PM

@pegasasu
Erital sounds good. So, is the idea that the Gods are the bad guys? Or are they just really, really bad at their job? (or both? 😊 ) I'm guessing that something bad should come out of everyone transmigrating then, to justify wanting to overthrow the Gods?

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 3 July 2020 at 5:19 PM

@crystalshard how about something happens in their world that they couldn't stop?

124 posts

crystalshard • 3 July 2020 at 5:52 PM

@meisawesome In that situation, I guess it turns into a revenge plot then? 😊 But something like that sounds interesting, maybe that can be a source of motivation for some characters to go against the Gods.

Still need to figure out what the stakes are though. Maybe the world is eroding due to all the transmigrations/space/time rips everywhere? Or some organization is using these space rips to comprehend time and space in hopes to become gods of the new world, and therefore the good guys need to figure it out before them? Perhaps there are no stakes, and one character really wants to go home to toast some toast so they revolve their whole roleplaying life around trying to comprehend space and time laws to go home?

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 3 July 2020 at 6:02 PM

@crystalshard

I like the idea of the world eroding, but it would be on a more multiversal lever, 'cause remeber, these characters come from different universes, and not the same.

@pegasasu, what do you think?

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 3 July 2020 at 6:53 PM

@meisawesome @crystalshard

Oooh I like the idea of the world eroding. I'm thinking more incompetence rather than evil gods, they got bored and figured they would gamble (like the shinigami's in Death Note gambling away their life spans) and since they've lived so long with unlimited power, they don't really care anymore with the world they're controlling. So the gamble was which world's people were the "strongest" or the best at "survival" and so they reincarnated/transmigrated a bunch of people and whoever from whichever world survives at the end, the God of that world wins.

But then the world starts eroding because of that and there's organizations that form after the transmigrations and since the Gods said they wouldn't interfere with any world for the next 100 years (because that's the length of the bet or whatever). These organizations are trying to take advantage of the situation and become gods themselves or they're trying to put the original world back together. (I can't think of other motives for them right now lol)

I really wanna keep the freedom for the characters to decide to stay in the new world or try to return to their old one without getting caught up in the multiversal stuff. But also I want them to be able to get caught up into it if they want through roleplaying. I think it'd be funny if one character literally invents space time magic that the multiversal organizations want because he just wants to go home and knows nothing about the whole backstory lol

@nightmaremoon12 @wingedfox @laylamocha

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 3 July 2020 at 7:20 PM

/looks around the crowd of people suspiciously/
Alright, whos gonna be the one who events the magic, assuming that everyone likes that plan.

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 3 July 2020 at 10:32 PM

@meisawesome

I think Anyae (@laylamocha) cast a spell that started the transmigration and she had some master that told her to do it? I'm fine if anyone wants to take the role, otherwise we can all sorta do it

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 3 July 2020 at 10:35 PM

@pegasasu
...what do you mean by, "we can all sorta do it"?

Female
3,556 posts

pegasasu • 3 July 2020 at 10:45 PM

@meisawesome

Like if you want your character to discover something related to the plot or create someone to interact with that's part of some organization, I don't want you to feel limited by waiting on someone else to login and roleplay. I have my main character Laurie that I want only me to be able to control, but Rial, Ralpho, the Spymaster, and the King are all character's I've played that can be controlled by anyone to move the story along.

That way we're not super restricted, but we still have our own characters that our exclusively ours.

Female
888 posts

meisawesome • 3 July 2020 at 10:47 PM

@pegasasu
Ooooh, ok.