Summer/Spring Creature Suggestion: The Flickoi

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
97 posts

amberwater • 8 April 2022 at 4:22 AM

Pictures:
First: https://freeimage.host/i/6f6719b1-1ed5-4cca-8210-8a704bce9ba2.MCCM12
Second: https://freeimage.host/i/2e02c2f5-cf92-4d66-a352-1d089cb1b7c5.MCC1s4

NOTE: Of the two pictures, the first more accurately displays the first and second stage, and the second better shows the third and fourth ones.
NOTE: This is not meant to be a Halloween creature. It is a firefly-based creature, and therefore preferred months for release would be May, June, and August. Mostly aimed to be a cave monthly, or cash shop creature.

About the Egg:
Flickoi eggs are found in middle-of-nowhere meadows, their black fur blending in with the night sky. Their transparent yellow-orange wings sometime flutter, glowing on and off.

They give of a sense of eeriness that only grows as they near hatching. The wings stop fluttering, and there is only that glow, fading, brightening, a sickly amber color. The egg starts to appear and disappear in places. You begin to feel uneasy around it, convinced that it is following you around, watching you at night…

About the Creature:
Flickoi are, in reality, very playful creatures that love nothing more than to play with a ball of yarn or chase after a butterfly. They are kittens all throughout their lives, retaining a childish demeanor to the end. After they develop their wings, they can often be seen on warm summer nights, doing twirls and loops in the air, surrounded by fireflies.

Flickoi, interestingly, also develop split personalities during their second and third stage. (These personalities seem to integrate in their fourth one) Unlike other creatures such as the Ahjoon, these personalities are all in one body. Usually they have three main alters: a more mature personality (that usually hides beneath the surface, unless there is dire situation involving someone they care about), the body, which takes in physical pain, and the childish one which always seems prevalent, partly the reason Flickoi seem to stay young forever.

However, Flickoi still seem to emanate a sense of unease and eeriness. But, luckily, by the time they reach their second stage, they have usually become able to control this feeling- perhaps because of the umbrella?
The SARC has also done some investigations into the Flickoi, and has deduced that, although this sense of uneasiness is used to deter predators in their egg stage, older Flickoi actually usually use this power when their owner has just met someone new or with some other friend. Perhaps they don’t want their owner’s attention to shift away from them?

(Hope this wasn’t too much- I tried my best with the split personality part as I thought eggcave needed some more if that ^ ^ )
Thank you for viewing! Hope you enjoyed, please feel free to ping friends 😊 And check out my other suggestions, the Lunii, and the Momiji!

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 8 April 2022 at 10:10 AM

@amberwater Yay! You're on fire 😃 As always the description is great and I'm really liking how the transparent wings are on the egg and also on the last stage binding them together. ^^ Cutie ❤️ One more creature to wish for ^^

Pings:
@cranberrycat1
@ida92
@riceboysleeps
@tryvegan4theanimals

Female
2,408 posts

ida92 • 8 April 2022 at 10:14 AM

@amberwater I love cats and fireflies, and the combination of both sounds really great. 😊 I think I like the teen stage the most. An I love the description. 😊 Thank you for the ping @megamisama90

Female
2,137 posts

cranberrycat1 • 8 April 2022 at 3:15 PM

It is so cute!!!! I would love to get one for myself

Female
97 posts

amberwater • 10 April 2022 at 12:45 AM

@cranberrycat1
@ida92
@megamisama90
Thank all of you so so much! I’m super glad you love it, this is my most ambitous work. In fact I've actually tweaked & improved the description a bit, check it out. 😊 Feel free to tell me if you think there's a problem, especially with the creature part

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 10 April 2022 at 4:54 AM

@amberwater I don't know if this was meant to be more scary in a very strange way but that's what it sounds to me now. Not that it's abd or anything. It's just different from the original. I don't know which I like more but this is definitely interesting. 😊

Pings:
@lexicon
@blub
@crystalshard

Female
97 posts

amberwater • 10 April 2022 at 4:59 AM

@megamisama90 I guess a mixture of both XD Cuteness + scary, but I didn't want to create, like, a halloween creature or anything(specially when the colors are amber, black and yellow owo ) and wanted to add something new. It's a conflicting creature. that' all 😊 But I'm glad you find it interesting!! I think I defintely improved the creature and egg descriptions(as in the way I wrote it) tho, I thought they were becoming, well, to hard to understand ^ ^;

Female
2,137 posts

cranberrycat1 • 10 April 2022 at 10:40 AM

I think I like this creature description better, I like the bit of spookyness to it especially since it is not a halloween creature it creates a difference because most of the spooky creatures are around halloween time.

Male
105 posts

storm-sage • 10 April 2022 at 9:56 PM

Cats are always popular pets

Female
97 posts

amberwater • 10 April 2022 at 10:58 PM

@cranberrycat1 yes, that's true ^ ^
@storm-sage I suppose you're right- There are quite a few. Deer, too. The thing is, cats are my favorite animal plus I've been drawing them legit my whole life ^ ^ But yeah, that's tru. Either way, I'm planning to do a dragon creature collab next 😊 And already did a fox

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 11 April 2022 at 6:51 AM

This is super cute! I'd love to see it become a part of EggCave one day. ❤️

Female
97 posts

amberwater • 11 April 2022 at 7:10 AM

@kataclysm Thank you sm ❤️

124 posts

crystalshard • 11 April 2022 at 9:04 PM

Very cute. It's also somewhat spooky at the same time, which is an interesting mix. But for the wings, are those gems? Lightbulbs? Either way it seems pretty cool 😃

Female
97 posts

amberwater • 12 April 2022 at 12:02 AM

@crystalshard Thanks! Yep, that's what I was aiming for XD . Oh, the wings are just transparent big firefly/insect wings that can glow. The glow part is because I wanted smth kinda light-emitting like what fireflies have. 😊