Items you don't own highlighted in shops!

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Male
2,227 posts

raitonchidori • 7 July 2022 at 10:14 AM

The idea is that the shops make a highlight on every item you do not own (in inventory and strongroom). That would be very useful, since there are thousands of unique items, and it would make easier for those who want to collect them.

That could be a Cash Shop item to buy and it would "warn" you the items you don't have yet.

Ps: For those that wouldn't like a warning, that could be a Preference setting that you could turn on or off. Or this could be a Cash Shop Item you simply wouldn't want to buy. 😊

Demifluid
597 posts

wonder404exe • 7 July 2022 at 10:47 AM

That's a really good idea for collectors, it might be annoying for non-collectors maybe have a toggle on-off switch in Preferences (:

Female
758 posts

heatherm19 • 7 July 2022 at 3:38 PM

It definitely could be annoying to see highlights everywhere, but if it's a Cash Shop thing to buy then if you don't want to see all the highlights you could just not buy it... This would be *so* helpful though!! I actually keep my inventory/strongroom open in a tab whenever I'm looking at any of the shops, I now have over 1k items in my strongroom and I certainly can't remember what every single thing is! Being able to see at a glance if I already own something or not would be extremely helpful.

Male
2,227 posts

raitonchidori • 7 July 2022 at 4:58 PM

@wonder404exe and @heatherm19 I agree. That's why I thought it as a CC item to buy (like a Leaf of Vaka). But it could also be something you could add as a preference if you want it or not.

I have 12,800 items in Strongroom, 4,823 unique items. It's getting tough lol.

Female
163 posts

allydogfog • 7 July 2022 at 6:03 PM

yeah I agree because some items are expensive and they start adding up after a while ESP like for me a sort of but not really new (middle?) player, I keep buying dups because IDK if I already have them or not.. it'd be way easier for me to collect if I know which are new and which I already have

and w cc travels- I cant tell which are cc travels and which aren't (im not sure if they tell somewhere or something tho...) because when you hover over it, it just tells you the name but I have no clue how to search it up or if its just a normal travel agency travel

Male
2,227 posts

raitonchidori • 8 July 2022 at 7:34 AM

@allydogfog it's easy to tell if it's a CC travel or not. You can go in your Strongroom and select "CaveCash Items Only?", and all your CC items will appear. And you'll see the first thing before its name is a CC symbol (or the last after the name, if it's in your Inventory).

Also, if you click on the CC travel or item, as if you would put them in a creature, the following message will appear: "This is a Cash Shop item, which means that, in the case of it being a Travel, it can be put on and taken off creatures multiple times".

Demifluid
597 posts

wonder404exe • 8 July 2022 at 8:12 AM

@raitonchidori
I think she is talking abt Trading

bcs on trades items only say the name
no description at all

Male
2,227 posts

raitonchidori • 8 July 2022 at 10:17 AM

@wonder404exe aaah. Yeah, in this case is really dificult. There should be a CC icon there too

Female
163 posts

allydogfog • 8 July 2022 at 10:21 AM

@raitonchidori im talking abt the trading ones, like if you're offering for a 'cc travel' from another player in the trade center it only shows the name of the travel and I dont know which are normal or cc ☚ī¸

like for example your trade with star of Bethlehem- I cant click on the travel since its not mine and I can only tell if its a cc travel when I have it in my strongroom

im not sure if it shows on egg cavity (I know people on eggcave use that site sometimes for wishlists and stuff so maybe?) if you search it up but I dont use egg cavity and have no access to egg cavity either

Male
2,227 posts

raitonchidori • 11 July 2022 at 6:40 PM

@allydogfog yeah, I agree this could be a thing too

Cis Female
173 posts

kataclysm • 1 August 2022 at 4:51 AM

Frankly, I think a really simple fix for this one could be utilising the strongroom's quantity display in the stores. I am constantly searching my strongroom when I'm browsing the stores to see whether the item I'm about to buy is already in there or not. If I could see a quantity on the purchase page, I'd already know that I have (embarassingly) 5 of those Seren bath toys.

Similarly, in regards to CC items, all it takes is that little money icon that the strongroom already shows us. Feels like this suggestion has room to be easily interpreted if we use a feature that's already on-site.

Male
250 posts

dragiigy • 2 August 2022 at 5:22 AM

@raitonchidori

superb idea !! Especially due so meny releases of new items. I still believe, one, maybe two per week would be enough, no few days in a row.

Maybe one day even the number of specific item you have "on stock" 😊

@ratqueen