Quality of Life Ideas: 2!

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Which of these suggestions do you like? :) (multi choice) (Multiple answers allowed.)

Agender
122 posts

mr-blue-bones • 1 September 2022 at 8:45 PM

My first QOL post is here, you can post feedback about that here if you have something to say about it!
If you know of someone who might be interested, ping them! (I don't know if I'm allowed to ping staff... ;w; )

Show By: Star - I find it odd that you can search your creatures by stages and by frozen, but not by stars.
Clicking the notification 'Your X Star creatures received a daily stats boost of X for their respective evolution stat!' brings you straight to your creatures, but doesn't show you what creatures have stars!

Search Strongroom By Item Type - When I'm looking through my strongroom I have to go through 36 pages and I can only remove one item at a time. It took me way longer than I think it should have to find and take out the travels I was looking for, so I think it would be beneficial to be able to search our strongrooms by the type of item we're looking for! We already use a system like that for pet collections, it would be great if we could also use it in the strongroom.

EC Item Store/Remove Potion Waste! - Hot take, the uneternal youth potion, star removal potion, and mars and venus stones shouldn't cost CC. There should be an EC shop for items that waste your CC like these items. There's very little point of the stones other than an icon preference so I don't have much to say about those, but the star removal potion and uneternal youth potion throw away a status you likely already paid CC (real money!) for, you may as well discard the 300 CC.
OR
A different route I think would work well is the removal of potion waste**! If I pay for and use a star removal potion, I would like that star potion to be added to my inventory to be used on a better creature. And think, if a user unable to buy CC gets a star cave common, they could have access to star potions!

EC Re-release Store - Every month there are two re-releases of old CSP creatures, and that's great! It would be impossible to get them otherwise! But. What about all the CRW and cave creatures that never get released again? What about the Lovarts and the Tammicks and the Vulpselles? There should be a way to get those too, so there should be an EC re-release store for old cave creatures!
(This post was made before the vend update!)

Fix The Search - I didn't think this would be an issue, but with the introduction of the item database it is. Why does the search function for the database and the forums work backwards?? If I look for the item 'Air Vortex' the site doesn't show me the items that have both the words 'Air' and 'Vortex' to give me exactly what I'm looking for, it's shows me every item that contains the words 'Air' OR 'Vortex', so I have to look at an item and determine which word is used the least on site and will give me the most specific results. I can't find anything I'm looking for in the forums because if I use a common word it pulls up every instance of that word from threads that are completely unrelated.

@heatherm19 : "re the search issue, I'm not sure about the forums but in the item database if you put quotes around the words it will only give results for both words. "Air Vortex" *only* brings up that specific travel, for instance."

**I should clarify that I have never used a star removal potion, I think it's a waste of CC and I'm not sure if it just throws away the star potion on a creature or not because the search function on the site doesn't work and there isn't any more detailed information about it.

Female
2,913 posts

heatherm19 • 1 September 2022 at 9:16 PM

re the search issue, I'm not sure about the forums but in the item database if you put quotes around the words it will only give results for both words. "Air Vortex" *only* brings up that specific travel, for instance.

I'd *love* to be able to search by item type in my strongroom!! The vast majority of my items are travels, so when I'm searching through my strongroom to find other items to put in my store it kind of feels like looking for a needle in a haystack unless I'm looking for a specific item that I can just search by name for. It would be so helpful to, for instance, be able to easily see all the books in my strongroom.

Agender
122 posts

mr-blue-bones • 1 September 2022 at 9:27 PM

@heatherm19 I didn't know that! :0 I probably wouldn't have thought of that either, since I've never had to do that anywhere else before lol. Thank you for letting me know, I'll add that to the post!

Female
149 posts

poserpanda • 3 September 2022 at 12:00 PM

Loving all of these ideas!

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 23 October 2022 at 7:08 PM

Bringing this back up after (give or take) 2 months because there are so many good ideas here!

Female
760 posts

okami • 23 October 2022 at 7:29 PM

I am a huge supporter of the idea to search the strongroom by item type and fixing the search! I find searching the forums and item database to be incredibly frustrating and would love to see that more user friendly.

As for the EC creature re-release, I'm unsure if that would be needed since many of those creatures are obtainable through the vend machine, or may become obtainable through that at some point.

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 23 October 2022 at 9:54 PM

@bluewolf
Do you think that the EC creature re-release could still work for LE creatures such as the Aosidhe? I've been wanting that particular creature for a while, and it's really really hard to get for most users.

Female
2,913 posts

heatherm19 • 23 October 2022 at 10:39 PM

I have to jump back in here to voice my support for the 'show by star' idea! I never realized how frustrating it could be because I usually only had 1 star creature at a time (trading/etc), but I now have 3 star creatures on my side and I literally have no clue which creatures they are (got them in a bulk-giveaway and I honestly don't even know what type of creatures they are). *Some* way to easily see all our star creatures would be so so so helpful, whether it's a filter like the stages/frozen/etc or just the 'daily stats boost' notification leading to the actual star creatures instead of just taking us to all our creatures.

Female
760 posts

okami • 23 October 2022 at 11:14 PM

@twilightshine

I think it could work, but in my opinion I think that those creatures being released again through the vend machine would be sufficient. Is there a reason that creatures like the Aosidhe couldn't eventually be re-released through the vend machine?

I only returned last month after a long hiatus, so I wasn't around when the vend machine first appeared. Just from observation I've gathered that non CC, old cave monthlies and some event creatures have been re-released, but are some creatures (like the aosidhe) ineligible to eventually appear?

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 24 October 2022 at 4:21 PM

@bluewolf

No, I don't think so, because they are LE's which appear in the middle of the month and are available in the Cash Shop Park after that. Because they are not Cash Shop nor Cave creatures, they aren't very eligible to be released.

Female
5,407 posts

Orderedchaos • 24 October 2022 at 4:32 PM

@bluewolf @twilightshine
That is incorrect. CRW creatures (like the aosidhe) and other non-monthly cave LE's (like the Hallowolf) can, and have, been rereleased via the VEND. The VEND stock is not static, it changes. Any non-CSP exclusive creature can appear in the VEND machine.

Female
175 posts

twilightshine • 24 October 2022 at 4:51 PM

@Orderedchaos
Whoa, really?
Didn't know that!

Female
760 posts

okami • 24 October 2022 at 5:34 PM

@Orderedchaos
That's good to know, thank you for the clarification! 😊

@twilightshine
With that in mind, I'm not saying I'm opposed to an EC re-release store, but it does seem like it'd be unnecessary if the VEND machine could eventually release those creatures (but that's just my personal opinion).

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 25 October 2022 at 12:32 AM

Show By Star: why limit it there, lets include any other sort of creature identifier like the Creator's mark too.

Search Strongroom by type: just for clarification, this would be shop type, yes?

EC Re-release Store: What about the chaotic option of having random auctions that last either days or mere minutes. With the recent changes to the VEND machine it might be best to wait and see how that goes before discussing further ways of rereleasing creatures.

Fix the Search: I originally thought you meant the forum search and yes that does need to be fixed as it is atrocious.

Agender
122 posts

mr-blue-bones • 25 October 2022 at 12:53 AM

I just wanted to clarify that my post was made like 20 days before the VEND update, before that the VEND hadn't been changed much other than removing creatures since I joined. I understand the idea is now kind of irrelevant. ^^;

@mastergemma Yep, by shop type! I look through my travels to find the right one for my creatures and it's kinda tedious to pick them out from 3 pages of icecream and books. XD

The forum search definitely needs to be fixed too!