Returning after several years

in Welcomes & Introductions

Female
760 posts

okami • 13 September 2022 at 4:49 PM

Hello, my name's Blue!

I originally joined in 2013 and was a very active player until I went on a "semi-hiatus" in 2015 for college.... that was 7 years ago lol. Life is stressful and this used to be a comfort game for me, which is why I returned. I did have noticeable die-offs in my coves, but I was pleasantly surprised by the number of creatures that people fed until they became immortal. Most of those people have probably left themselves now, but I'm very grateful that I was able to come back to a large number of my creatures being immortal. ;-; ❤️

I still have a lot of catching up to do, but if there are any big changes that have happened in the past few years please let me know!

Demifluid
1,503 posts

wonder404exe • 13 September 2022 at 5:05 PM

@bluewolf WELCOME BACK!!! 😃

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 13 September 2022 at 5:22 PM

@bluewolf Welcome Back!

See ! ! ! This is why i still feed coves that have been inactive for a while. Some people get it, some don't. But I keep eggs with lists of coves that need to be fed. (I don't always get to them, but I try. I have physical problems that prevent me from doing a lot of feeding.)

THERE have been a LOT of huge changes. I know there was a BIG one right before I joined in late Feb 2021 but I can't remember what it is rn and I take it for granted, but I know it was one I couldn't imagine being without. My brain is on the fritz the past two weeks. (neurological condition acting up.)

hmmm let me think...
- The way you sort coves is now numerical instead of drag n drop.
- You can now transfer creatures directly to people - but EC can't be exchanged that way.
- As you might have noticed as of yesterday/today gender symbols are now gray. (And we got a third option.)
- In the last week and additional 200 default cove spaces were added.
- There is a new budding Item directory.
- A bunch of new creatures (at 980+ now), and a few commons have retired.

looking back at the blog posts trying to find the thing from around my join time
- A couple rare creatures are re-released each month. (To keep them from going extinct/ impossible to ever obtain.) (Yeah, pretty sure this was the big thing to me.)
- Leila Oasis no longer has a limit to the number it gives out of each species.

p.s. It is now proper etiquette to list in your profile (or status) whether your cove is feed friendly or not. : )

and I hear you on the "semi-hiatus." I'm still on "be back in about a month," one of my last posts on one of the social media sites... and that was back in 2018.

Female
760 posts

okami • 13 September 2022 at 9:34 PM

@wonder404exe

Thank you ❤️ Good to be back!

@snowywinter

Thank you!! Nice to meet you 😊

Speaking as someone who had dozens of her creatures immortalized after leaving, it's definitely appreciated. ❤️

Oh wow, the re-releasing is really big news. I remember there were debates about that being a possibility when I left, but those seemed mostly theoretical at the time. I'll be curious to see how much that affects the 'value' of certain creatures, I remember there were quite a number that seemed literally impossible to obtain. My Clocat was one of those insanely hard to get ones, and I was only able to get her with a very kind friends help.

I'm blown away by the number of new creatures that there are, I've been going through the archives and feel like I don't recognize most of them lol. And thanks for the etiquette heads up, I'll be sure to update my cove 😊

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 14 September 2022 at 4:11 PM

Yoooo, I remember you! Though I might've still been under my old account Clbr6117..
Happy to see you back!! I hope you've been good.

If you ever have any questions about new things/general values/stuff around the site feel free to mail me!
@bluewolf

Female
2,924 posts

heatherm19 • 14 September 2022 at 4:23 PM

Hi Blue! I'm relatively new around here, but I imagine it must be interesting to come back after so many years and see all the new stuff. You have so many newer creatures to collect now!

Female
760 posts

okami • 17 September 2022 at 3:04 PM

@prairie
I remember you too, it's good to see a familiar face! 😃 Thank you, it's good to be back! I will definitely keep that in mind and am sure I'll have questions after I finish trying to brush up on everything lol. It's weird how so much has changed, but at the same time there are a ton of familiar things.

@heatherm19
Hello, nice to meet you! It's a lot to take in, but I have so much nostalgia for this site and I'm happy to see how much it's grown ❤️ I knowwww, I've been going through the archives and I feel like I don't recognize the majority of the creatures now lol. I feel like there were only 400-500 when I left, now there's so many more!

Female
3,806 posts

sparklefox • 17 September 2022 at 3:44 PM

@bluewolf - Welcome back! I feel like I've seen so many "quitting" posts within the past year that seeing an older user return for a change is rather refreshing.

Female
760 posts

okami • 17 September 2022 at 4:31 PM

@sparklefox

Hi, I remember seeing you around!! I think mostly in the rp forums all those years ago?

Thank you! Life has been stressful lately so I wanted to come back here for the nostalgia lol. Yeah, it has been sad to see so many people that I used to play with have quit. ;-; I really hope that some of them eventually return though.

3,057 posts

jirachiwishmaker • 17 September 2022 at 7:28 PM

@bluewolf

Welcome back to eggcave maybe you'll stay around a little longer this time. I'll send you a transfer as your gift so just accept.

Female
760 posts

okami • 17 September 2022 at 8:03 PM

@jirachiwishmaker

Aww, thank you so much!! ❤️