https://ibb.co/QCsz0qH
https://ibb.co/Jp8RkHT

Try and find de gobble gobbles urself
Hah 😂
They are VErY sMoL

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 10 November 2022 at 9:40 PM

O.O Holy (lots of bleeped out words) ! ! ! that reverted to like tinier than 2022 Gobbler V 1.0

Hasn't happened to me, but yikes! That is definitely a problem! Hope people are reporting it when that happens. Definitely not right.

(I mean, I spotted them almost right away... but those pictures i'm assuming are enlarged? ...and my brain was definitely wishing I still had a physical magnifying glass. lol.
egads.)

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 10 November 2022 at 9:42 PM

@snowywinter yup enlarged, deleted personal bits-
Yes vv smol. Hahah
Just imagine seeing that while your scrolling through the eggcave pages QUICKLY.

Female
1,744 posts

minnie298a • 10 November 2022 at 9:55 PM

@wonder404exe
Well. I was going to come in here and say that they scale according to your page, blah, blah blah.

But.............
That ain't the case here.

I honestly wouldn't notice them that tiny.

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 10 November 2022 at 9:59 PM

@minnie298a
Ahhh yess. Forum titles.
They are very smol there. I noticed a pattern. They only appear that smol on the top on the page

Female
1,744 posts

minnie298a • 10 November 2022 at 10:08 PM

@wonder404exe
And now hat thought is in my head, I wonder if the issue for mobile users is a scaling one (smaller gobblers on a smaller screen are hard to see)? Or something like you've recorded?

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 10 November 2022 at 10:16 PM

@minnie298a
Or it might not be an issue after all. Waiting untill another one said oh yes i have seen a vv smol gobbler and it is a problem for lots of ppl or somein

1,134 posts

hikanu • 10 November 2022 at 10:35 PM

Tiny turkey!

I have seen 1 smol turkey since they changed the sizes. But they reverted to the not-so-tiny turkeys again straight after that and has stayed that way. XD

But they're very adorable when they're that tiny.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 13 November 2022 at 11:10 PM

O M Gobbler! I just found my first *tiny* turkey. #1135 (just before 11PM)

I was on small tablet and it was in the VERY right bottom corner.
Got out the ruler and it was about 1.3- 1.4 mm big. (hard for accurate reading as the edge of screen was cutting off light. But it was definitely under 2mm and slightly over 1.) I've passed bigger kidney stones!

Edit:
Suppose it might give some context (for devs) if I mention the usable screen space is 18.9 mm.
Correction: 18.9 cm

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 14 November 2022 at 9:52 PM

@hikanu
YESS TINY TURKEY BE COOT🦃 🙌

@snowywinter

Immm info lots info nice.
Thats a small tablet tho- ur eyes ok?!?!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 14 November 2022 at 9:58 PM

@swonder404exe

*shrug* Android makes sure of that : / Even on the smallest setting everything is LARGE. I HATE the newer versions of android with a fiery passion. Miss being able to zoom out; can only see a small portion of webpages at a time. (Used to be able to over-ride the ultra-zoomed-in by selecting desktop mode.)

More importantly, smaller means less weight, doesn't kill my arm as fast.

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 14 November 2022 at 10:01 PM

@snowywinter
BUT THE GOSH DANG TURKEYZ- TEEEEENY TIIIIINY TWORKEYS HAHAHAH

1,134 posts

hikanu • 15 November 2022 at 12:46 AM

Found a small turkey yesterday. Not as small as the tiny turkey, but still substantially smaller than the not-so-tiny turkey. Not sure why that is... Again, it was just one. It was squished next to the scroll bar this time. Back to normal after that.

These be teasing turkeys! XD

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 15 November 2022 at 7:18 AM

@hikanu @wonder404exe @snowywinter @minnie298a

I'm assuming this only happens on mobile? Do they appear any larger on mobile or is it constantly that smol?

Female
1,744 posts

minnie298a • 15 November 2022 at 7:29 AM

@mastergemma
I've never noticed the small gobblers, but honestly, I just don't pay that much attention. I only grab the ones that jump out of me in my field of vision.

I also rarely play on a tablet or mobile so can't answer that bit. I find the mechanics slow and cumbersome (which is partly my devices and wifi, partly my reluctance towards change) after many years of using a desktop. I only mentioned them as it was around the time that several people commented they'd gone hours without a gobbler while on mobile.

1,134 posts

hikanu • 15 November 2022 at 10:53 AM

@mastergemma
Not exactly. I don't search for Gobblers on my mobile, but I am working in windowed mode, and not full screen, on my PC, so it is quite possible that has something to do with it.

Though my window is usually not so small it pops to mobile size, and I have not adjusted the size of my window the few times they've been smaller before finding the next full sized one.

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 15 November 2022 at 10:54 AM

@sissel
Lol that's adorable. 🥺

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 15 November 2022 at 10:55 AM

@mastergemma

I planned on submitting a ticket today on my observations about the Gobblers on mobile as a whole but I'm sporting a splitting headache.
(I want to get the technical aspects right.)
quickly though...

I've only seen a tiny Gobbler once. And it was on mobile.
Being on the very right of the screen, the select text indicator arrow that i use to prove to myself that there *should* be a gobbler on the screen was not present (on the right of the Gobbler, offscreen.)
- which also proves my theory about what is happening with the not visible ones (on mobile.) -but that's a lengthy explanation. (In short - there is a blue arrow blob next to a normal/visible Gobbler, or the blob is at the end of the page if there are no coded in Gobblers. - but more often then not, there are plain simply NO *clickable* Gobblers to be found on mobile. -- Sorry if none of that makes any sense, this headache has me in such a fog.)

(Oddly... today I haven't had any issues finding them on mobile - yet. The past few days I've wanted to tear my hair out. It's a night and day difference between finding them on laptop or tablet. But it was the tablet or nothing for several hours out of the day. *shrug emoji*)

- - - -

Edit: 1:42 PM (15 Nov) just found my 2nd tiny Gobbler (#1372). This one was a full (or nearly so) 2mm.
(and again in the very bottom right corner)
(It was my 2nd Gobbler find on mobile after shutting down the computer several minutes ago. not that that means anything, it was just almost funny.)

For reference - a regular one is now 7 mm.

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 15 November 2022 at 5:38 PM

@sissel GAHHH HEHEHAHAH THAT'S COOT
2 ANOTHER SMOL
:0

I didn't get OR i didn't see the notifications for some reason

1,134 posts

hikanu • 15 November 2022 at 7:48 PM

@sissel Don't squish him! He's so tiny, I don't think he can handle it.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 15 November 2022 at 10:34 PM

got a couple more tonight - of varying sizes (but still smaller than the new standard)

@sissel omg, Soooooo tiny. I'd be tempted to use tweezers to pick it up! (The soft plastic type of course.)
@ hikanu doesn't mean one doesn't *want* to give the sqwishies!

(Oof... I end up being in a vibrating sqwish sandwich for my not-a-nap. Just because i'm a lumbering giant when walking around they think I'm durable enough to lay on. *smh* For the sake of my lungs I gave up on the nap. I feel for the mini-Gobblers.)

- - -

7:48 P 17 Nov
had one only 1mm big! nothing cute about having one so small I HAD to zoom in even to be able to tap it. (Couldn't even make out it was a Gobbler.)
(Until now didn't have much problem finding them even if they were tiny.)

- - -

3:12 22 Nov #2637

(first off, i want to say the last one I reported could fit between the marked spaces.)

Got the smallest one yet! 0.5 mm. Yes, only HALF a millimeter. I could barely see it at all. even zooming the screen in as far as it would, it only enlarged to 4mm and didn't fit on the page entirely. part of it was cut off to the right.

Goes without saying at this point it was again, bottom right corner. (There's been a few i didn't report, and maybe only one or two were elsewhere on the page)

- - -

12:12 PM 23 Nov - Ticket submitted (on several Gobbler issues.)

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 23 November 2022 at 3:26 PM

@wonder404exe @snowywinter @minnie298a

This looks like an issue with mobile and I've just made a change. Are they more reasonably sized on mobile now for you?

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 23 November 2022 at 3:54 PM

@Ian

found five in a row reliably, 6th was a no show. #2883 - #2287 found on mobile after this update. Would-be #2888 was the no-show/not visible.)

As to the tiny sized ones... I only seen 10 - 20 (at most) out of all of the Gobblers I found... so it could be a couple days until one would show up.

They're all showing up as 5mm for me now. (Which is fine... so long as they're showing up reliably when they should be.)

Edit: Will say though Getting five gobblers out of six attempts (1-4 min apart) is a vast improvement over six attempts (3-10 min apart) and only getting one Gobbler.

Edit #2 Is it just me or are they smaller on desktop now too? (I'm having to squint again.)

Female
584 posts

hinokazes • 23 November 2022 at 6:02 PM

@snowywinter This is not just you, they are indeed smaller on desktop now

1,134 posts

hikanu • 23 November 2022 at 6:13 PM

Not by much, but they are smaller on PC for me as well.

Female
2,939 posts

heatherm19 • 23 November 2022 at 7:59 PM

@Ian Did you mean to make the desktop ones smaller with the change you made? They aren't as bad as the first ones Nov 1st but they are definitely smaller than they were just this morning.

316 posts

ravensong • 23 November 2022 at 9:48 PM

Just started getting smaller gobblers! Do they get smaller as you collect more or something? Just started today...

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 23 November 2022 at 11:15 PM

@ravensong If you read above you'll see that Ian was trying to fix the issue of them not showing up on mobile devices. - And that they'd randomly be super teeny tiny (to the point sometimes that most people would need a magnifying glass to see what the speck was.)
(As you can see, many of us were confused why this made them smaller on desktop.)
And yes, the change happened today.

1,134 posts

hikanu • 24 November 2022 at 1:05 AM

@sissel You just found him doing his morning stretches! 😃

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 24 November 2022 at 1:20 AM

@sissel woah, trippy! it looks like he's trying to peer around the side of the webpage.
My tiniest one was a little distorted, but nothing like that. Wowza!