How do temporarily changing your main?

in Help & Questions

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 30 November 2022 at 12:30 PM

I usually use @kaiserbakura for the month of December. Normally I just go over and start using it as my main.

This is the first year of the accounts being linked. So is it the same as before? Do I just start using @kaiserbakura as my main? Does a staff member have to change something from there end?

Help, tomorrow is the first of December and if I don't get this sorted out I will miss advent calendar prizes.

I sent a ticket, 3 days ago, but still haven't gotten an answer back.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 30 November 2022 at 3:27 PM

yikes, tough situation as you already sent a ticket. pretty sure all the bugs had Ian really bogged down. I'd suggest trying again but I wouldn't want to risk the first one getting bumped further down the queue. (Someone usually replies to me in 1 -3 days, but the last couple have taken about a week.)

I'm assuming you already went to https://eggcave.com/preferences/side_accounts to see if there was an option there for switching which is the main.
https://eggcave.com/help/sides
"I'd like to change my main from a side, or switch my main to another account? How do I "unlink" my current main account?
Please Submit a Ticket to do that. In your message, include what the new main account is and a list of your side accounts."

*sigh* which you already did (sent a ticket that is.)
(If you didn't include the info I suppose that is a good excuse as any to send a new ticket.)

I know you don't want to, but if the prize is really good, I'd suggest just collecting the prizes from @pet_cemetery until someone gets back to you.
(If you collect from @/kaiserbakura at this point, the system might automatically flag you... or just won't allow you to collect stuff. It's just not worth getting banned over.)

Best of luck! It's a frustrating situation for sure when time is of the essence!

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 30 November 2022 at 3:43 PM

@snowywinter
The few times I've sent tickets, usually they are replied to in a day or two. The last one was quite awhile back though.

I guess if I have no choice but sometime the Advent calendar gives X amounts of feeds/click + Cool Pet/travel/cove boost. So it's either take the feeds/clicks or don't get anything.

Since I'm trying not to evolve my creatures it is so frustrating that it's my only two choices.

Do you think pinging the mods will help?

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 30 November 2022 at 4:43 PM

@pet_cemetery

I hear ya there. There's a few awesome travels I would have missed out on last year if not for a friend trading with me. (Since I refused to get all those view/click/feed stats.)

Well, pings are working now, so it's worth a shot.
@orderedchaos @mastergemma can someone get back to pet_cemetery on the switching verified main account issue please - or an approximate wait time left in queue?

Female
5,402 posts

Orderedchaos • 30 November 2022 at 5:59 PM

With account verification main accounts are meant to stay your main account and not be switched around for a month here or there. We do not have an easy switch we can flip whenever someone wants to swap accounts.

I know some people only want certain Advent rewards on certain accounts, but please only visit the Advent tree from the account that you verified as your main account.

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 30 November 2022 at 6:12 PM

@Orderedchaos
Is there anyway to permanently switch my main to @kaiserbakura then? It was my main ages ago when I first joined.

I set this as my main account not knowing I would be unable to swap. If I had known that I would of set @kaiserbakura as my main.

Female
5,402 posts

Orderedchaos • 30 November 2022 at 6:16 PM

@pet_cemetery
I will check with @Ian and see.

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 30 November 2022 at 6:17 PM

@Orderedchaos
Thanks

Male
1,987 posts

Ian • 2 December 2022 at 2:27 PM