๐ŸŒŽ CRW 2023 ๐ŸŒ

in General

Which creature is your favorite?

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 23 January 2023 at 12:08 AM

general forum where you can post your creatures, discuss the CRWs, and whatever else pertaining to the event !

I'll color code and give emojis relating to the continent for each creature so it is easier to scroll through and find!

post your creature links here and we can collectively try to hatch them so we can see their stages ๐Ÿ’•

โ•ญโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€.โ˜…..โ”€โ•ฎ

CRW INFO:

โ•ฐโ”€..โ˜….โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ•ฏ
-25 free daily attempts
-each day is accumulative, meaning the first day creature will be available the whole week, etc etc, and the last creature is hardest to get!

โˆ˜ โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ™ก เผ‰โ”€โ”€โ”€ โˆ˜โˆ˜ โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ™ก เผ‰โ”€โ”€โ”€ โˆ˜โˆ˜ โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ™ก เผ‰โ”€โ”€โ”€ โˆ˜โˆ˜ โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ™ก เผ‰โ”€โ”€โ”€ โˆ˜โˆ˜ โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ™ก เผ‰โ”€โ”€โ”€ โˆ˜

CRW CREATURE LOG

โˆ˜ โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ™ก เผ‰โ”€โ”€โ”€ โˆ˜โˆ˜ โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ™ก เผ‰โ”€โ”€โ”€ โˆ˜โˆ˜ โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ™ก เผ‰โ”€โ”€โ”€ โˆ˜โˆ˜ โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ™ก เผ‰โ”€โ”€โ”€ โˆ˜โˆ˜ โ”€โ”€โ”€ โ™ก เผ‰โ”€โ”€โ”€ โˆ˜
โ„๏ธCreature One: Zuidโ„๏ธ

This year, each creature that is released will represent a certain regionโ€”or continentโ€”of the world. On day one, we begin with the Zuid, a krill creature, inspired by Antarctica.

โ˜๏ธCreature Two: Wollukโ˜๏ธ

The Wolluk is among the rarest of the wild cats on Ark and is protected by the Town Hall in Ark City. This creature is inspired by the clouded leopard from the continent of Asia.

๐ŸŽถ Creature Three: Dacelo๐ŸŽถ

Today, the Dacelo transports us to the continent of Australia and the country of New Guinea. This is based on the kookaburra, a bird with a distinct call.

๐ŸŒฑCreature Four: Alcarsh๐ŸŒฑ

Travel to North America with us! Here is a creature that's based on the North American moose. This is the Alcarsh!

โ˜€๏ธCreature Five: Gleggoโ˜€๏ธ

Say hello to the Gleggo, a creature based on the wild dog from Africa.

๐Ÿ’งCreature Six: Otep๐Ÿ’ง

Cuteness abounds from the Otepโ€”a giant river otter that's based on the species from South America.

๐ŸŒฒCreature Seven: Martes๐ŸŒฒ

The Martes brings us to the continent of Europeโ€”say hello to this creature that's based on the European pine marten.

User's Creatures

help us evolve them to reveal their stages! Sorted by creature/day of release

๐ŸŒฒMartes - Day 7๐ŸŒฒ
egg stage martes /// @twinkle
egg stage martes /// @hikanu
egg stage martes /// @hikanu

๐Ÿ’งOtep - Day 6๐Ÿ’ง
egg stage otep /// @twinkle
egg stage otep /// @murfijs
egg stage otep /// @twinkle
egg stage otep /// @hikanu
egg stage otep /// @hikanu

โ˜€๏ธGleggo - Day 5โ˜€๏ธ
FIRST stage gleggo /// @twinkle 150 clicks
egg stage gleggo /// @sparklefox
egg stage gleggo /// @cranberrycat1
egg stage gleggo /// @hikanu
egg stage gleggo /// @awesomesaucethegreat

๐ŸŒฑAlcarsh - Day 4๐ŸŒฑ
egg stage alcarsh /// @twinkle
egg stage alcarsh /// @bluewolf
egg stage alcarsh /// @salvalli
egg stage alcarsh /// @murfijs
egg stage alcarsh /// @hikanu
egg stage alcarsh /// @hikanu
egg stage alcarsh /// @sadiepup13
egg stage alcarsh /// @sparklefox
egg stage alcarsh /// @awesomesaucethegreat
egg stage alcarsh /// @cranberrycat1

๐ŸŽถDacelo - Day 3๐ŸŽถ
egg stage dacelo /// @twinkle
egg stage dacelo /// @lothar
egg stage dacelo /// @hikanu
egg stage dacelo /// @cranberrycat1
egg stage dacelo /// @cranberrycat1
egg stage dacelo /// @murfijs
egg stage dacelo /// @sparklefox
egg stage dacelo /// @awesomesaucethegreat

โ˜๏ธWolluk - Day 2โ˜๏ธ
so fast yippe
my third attempt aww
egg stage wolluk /// @twinkle
egg stage wolluk /// @daisycat
egg stage wolluk /// @pewpewkachu
egg stage wolluk /// @salvalli
egg stage wolluk /// @kataclysm
egg stage wolluk /// @murfijs
egg stage wolluk /// @hikanu
egg stage wolluk /// @bluewolf
egg stage wolluk /// @cranberrycat1
egg stage wolluk /// @sparklefox
egg stage wolluk /// @awesomesaucethegreat

โ„๏ธZuid - Day 1โ„๏ธ
zuidlicious is mine lol
egg stage zuid /// @twinkle
egg stage zuid /// @heatherm19
egg stage zuid /// @lothar
egg stage zuid /// @kataclysm
egg stage zuid /// @salvalli
egg stage zuid /// @shirothekittehlover
egg stage zuid /// @cranberrycat1
egg stage zuid /// @hikanu
egg stage zuid /// @bluewolf
STAGE ONE zuid /// @rainbow ~1300 views
FINAL EVO zuid /// @sparklefox
egg stage zuid /// @awesomesaucethegreat

Female
1,314 posts

twinkle • 23 January 2023 at 12:13 AM

@dragrawr
Thank you so much for making this!
Here's my Zuid:
https://eggcave.com/click/2691085 โค๏ธ
I'm loving the theme for this year's CRW!!

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 23 January 2023 at 12:32 AM

@twinkle
Thanks so much for posting it!

Some pings so yall know it exists wishing you all cave luck!
@daisycat
@wonder404exe
@charchill
@thedarkarcher

Female
1,285 posts

daisycat • 23 January 2023 at 12:33 AM

@dragrawr
Thank you for the ping! ๐Ÿฆ

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 23 January 2023 at 12:38 AM

@wonder404exe OH i get it! yeah but its fun this way hehehe

@daisycat np!

Female
1,314 posts

twinkle • 23 January 2023 at 12:39 AM

@wonder404exe Lol I knew that too XD
It's so pretty โค๏ธ

Female
2,888 posts

heatherm19 • 23 January 2023 at 12:43 AM

I got one! Actually very surprised I got one in my free-approaches, wow.

This is my first time experiencing CRW and I'm so excited to see the rest!

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 23 January 2023 at 12:46 AM

@heatherm19 congrats! added them to the list

Female
730 posts

lothar • 23 January 2023 at 12:52 AM

My shrimp!
Can't wait to see it grow up and what it will be! XD

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 23 January 2023 at 12:56 AM

@lothar adding to the list now! โค๏ธ

Female
893 posts

murfijs • 23 January 2023 at 2:21 AM

@dragrawr
tysm for the thread.
i managed to get 2 zuids ,yay!
i hope i manage to get all the crw creatures this year.

here is the one i have decided to keep https://eggcave.com/egg/2691334
the other one will be for trade in my trade center

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 23 January 2023 at 2:22 AM

@murfijs Im sure you will! And np!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 23 January 2023 at 3:49 AM

Yayayayayayyaaaaaa! ! ! !I finally caught the not-a-shrimp!

I'm over here mentally dancing around like a crazy muppet person. I'm still ecstatic that not only did Ian go with my request for - k r i l l - to represent Antarctica, but it's the first creature for CRW ! ! !
(No I don't want mine poked, prodded, pet, or fed, thanks. If i change my mind It'll join my Feed list.)

What do you all think will be tomorrow's continent?
What to guess what the creature will be representing it while you're at it? Or what are you hoping it'll be?
(There were LOTS of great ideas in the original thread and blog posts, but I'm looking at fresh takes. and guesses now that it's finally here. Will be interesting to see how they evolve as more creatures are released.)

If this is going alphabetically then (mental correction as i'm typing. In PM's I guessed Australia and was hoping for a kiwi bird Thylacine type creature would be awesome too... just realized though...) It'll probably be Asia.
Tiger? but we have tigers... and Asia is HUGE, with a lot of different ecosystems and is so diverse culturally too. I'm really drawing a blank for this. (Pandas and Red Pandas -not a panda- are rather niche too.) The site already has a Lot of dragons, so I doubt that would be it. Maybe an elephant? (But we already have a very Asiatic elephant on the site. A very beautiful one at that.) hee... maybe a Tapir.

Female
730 posts

lothar • 23 January 2023 at 4:25 AM

@snowywinter
I am playing Planet Zoo ^.^ In its guide I can check some kinds of animals in Asia
I'm looking forward to see some creatures like red-crowned crane, panda and red panda
And I wish to see leopard too... The Amur leopard, the clouded leopard and the snow leopard, love them...
Tapir will be nice too!

77 posts

salvalli • 23 January 2023 at 5:04 AM

I hope Iโ€™m doing this right! This is my first CRW.

Here are my two males https://eggcave.com/egg/2691364 and https://eggcave.com/egg/2691379

So, are these creatures new permanent additions to the cave? Or are they only available for a limited time? And is there an faq/guide/topic that already goes over this that I can read instead of bogging down this thread with newbie questions?

Thanks in advance!

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 23 January 2023 at 5:22 AM

I got one, ma! I got one! There ain't nothin' quite like a release day creature.

@salvalli They're only available for a limited time! Every week for x amount of weeks, one new creature will be available in the cave. This week we're seeing Zuid, next week, it'll be another creature, and so on. I don't know off the top of my head how many creatures we can expect to see for this year's CRW, but I think the ballpark is 4+.

If you're a trader, hold onto as many CRW creatures as you can get - they increase in value over time, because once they're gone from the cave, they're gone.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 23 January 2023 at 7:01 AM

@lothar that sounds fun ^^
Ooh, I'd love a red-crowned crane. The Great Blue Heron was always an amazing sight to be seen growing up around here. (Usually seen them in ditches out in the country around here... but ya make due with what you have, and they did. Still quite the sight to behold.) So I have a great respect for any of the birds in that family. (Though i do think Sandhill Cranes sound funny >.< ) Beautiful watching the Red-Crowned ones dance.
Love the Leopards too. I literally got shivers (reading) as you named them off.

@salvalli A slight correction/clarification to what @kataclysm said. During Creature Release Week a new creature is released every Day. And while we have had a lot of creatures released lately to mark special occasions, the only releases that are guaranteed (real life issues not withstanding) are the two available in the Cave at the beginning of the month, for the whole month. (The two Cash Shop Re-releases are new in the history of Eggcave, but have been around for the entirety of my time here, which is nearly two years.)
And there is one creature for each day of CRW, so it is 7 total.
But they are correct that they're only here for a limited time. (The blog posts do state the specific dates they're available to.)

A lot of guides on the site are severely outdated. Your best bet is either combing though the blog archives (manually or rolling the dice on Google,) or hoping a considerate and well organized player comes along and has answers and has links to the relevant blog posts. (Or knows what to look for and will take the time to look them up. - Personally i just woke up from falling asleep on the floor and am hoping to get back to sleep soon.)

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 23 January 2023 at 7:02 AM

Me out here spreading misinformation with good intentions. lmao. Thanks @snowywinter!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 23 January 2023 at 7:22 AM

@kataclysm We've all been there. (I know I have!) Sometimes confused or mixed up, sometimes the brain has a derp moment, sometimes it's being overwhelmed with too much info... but it happens.
^^

small note/addendum speaking of misinformation... The blog posts *usually* post the date the creatures are available to, but sometimes it may slip the writer's mind, or it's still being discussed behind the scenes, etc.
(The Cicadium is a rare example where the creature was supposed to be a limited edition, but all the staff were super vague & secretive about when it would be retired. ...now it's been around so long most people consider it a cave common in terms of value. I still try to catch the occasional one on special dates.)
But the date is posted so reliably, I often forget to double check to see if it's actually there. (Over time just get used to how long certain types of releases will be around for, one sometimes forgets to double check.)

So yeah... If I remember correctly that 8th day is the last day to catch the CRW creatures.
(January 30th in this case I believe.)

Female
912 posts

shirothekittehlover • 23 January 2023 at 8:18 AM

First day catch babyyyyyy
Le not-so shrimp

I wonder if the next continent featured will be Asia, considering that it's next in alphabetical order ๐Ÿค”

1,216 posts

pet_cemetery • 23 January 2023 at 2:04 PM

Don't have one yet (fingers crossed my luck will change. hopefully soon?)

If tomorrow is Asia, then maybe a sun bear? Or the draco lizard- they could make it a psuedo dragon. The tanuki or Japanese racoon dog are super cute (I also believe they are quite prominent in Japanese mythology and legends?)

I'm hoping that a kangaroo or quokka from Australia. Or a mountain lion (Cougar) from North America.

There are some really unique looking creatures that would probably make interesting creatures.

There's the aye-aye from Madagascar, the shoebill stork from Africa, or the great potoo from Central and South America.

Out of all the weird looking creatures though, the blobfish from the deep waters off of Australia and New Zealand, has to be the weirdest and most unique.

Edit: Now up to 50 attempts and still haven't gotten one. Ugh... My luck this year is terrible.

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 23 January 2023 at 2:43 PM

@pet_cemetery yes Tanuki are extremely important, but I am kind of hoping for them or a sun bear. A sun bear would be adorable.

I kinda want a dingo for Australia but I didnโ€™t think of a Quokka !! Omg !

Female
2,101 posts

cranberrycat1 • 23 January 2023 at 3:15 PM

Could I post mine here too

https://eggcave.com/egg/2691924

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 23 January 2023 at 4:40 PM

Adding peoples Zuid's! @cranberrycat1 @shirothekittehlover @salvalli @kataclysm

Listen, if there isnt a Tasmanian tiger i might as well make one myself later haha. One of the most interesting species out there!

87 posts

charchill • 23 January 2023 at 8:22 PM

YES! I got one!

I CAN"T WAIT TO CARE FOR IT!!!

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 23 January 2023 at 9:58 PM

@pet_cemetery I am face-palming so hard right now i think my head is going to be sent off into space... like where my brain obviously is. 'Africa!' Somewhere along the way Elementary knowledge leaked out of my skull, and it's like I'm remembering this stuff for the first time. "HOW MANY OF THE CONTINENTS START WITH 'A'?!" All of them self, All of them except Europe. It's Embarrassing. (Practically working *backwards* on the alphabet here in remembering.)

I may be biased, but I'd love for a cheetah for Africa. (Though I'll probably squeal with delight if a vulture was picked. I love vultures and buzzards too... yeah, I'm strange like that.)

I'f I'm not mistaken, I thought Eggcave already has a blobfish. ???

Wishing you luck catching a Zuid ! ! !
(I already got two, and still no water bunny.)

@dragrawr I'd totally support any Eggcave version of a Tasmanian 'tiger' ! ! Love me some stripey pouch toting carnivorous funny-faced omnivores. ^^

woot for Quokka! That's the one i was trying to think of < 3

1,131 posts

hikanu • 23 January 2023 at 10:00 PM

Only took 31 tries. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Feel free to add mine to the list as well!

https://eggcave.com/egg/2692119

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 23 January 2023 at 10:02 PM

@snowywinter I dont think buzzards are strange !! Theyre crucial and without them Africa would be really gross

So far I have yet to get a zuid, over 50 attempts graa!

I might actually start sketching up some ideas for a tasmanian tiger, and honestly it could be released at any time, but it would be cool for extinct creature awareness day ! โค๏ธ which is the third friday of every May, which means it could be a limited cave creature ^^ โค๏ธ

EDIT attempt 52- got this baby funny named guy

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 23 January 2023 at 11:48 PM

So happy for everyone *finally* catching their desired creatures ^^
I feel the frustration. I'm at 47 attempts today... and have already fallen asleep a couple times. normally I'm up for another 12 hours, but I'm going to get a massage and hit the hay.

@dragrawr
I think you should make a separate thread in the Feedback and Ideas section. : ) I bet a lot of players would support a LE creature in support of extinct creature awareness day. As sad as the topic is, I'd look forward to the creature releases here on Eggcave. ...and think it is a GREAT idea.

- - -

Edit later - whispers: I'm clicking alll your whale food! (The ones listed in the thread anyhow.)

Female
2,525 posts

dragrawr • 23 January 2023 at 11:59 PM

@snowywinter I was going to try to get the names of the CRW but people are SO fast, plus I know I would only sell it so I feel bad and it would amp my anxiety lol

Yeah! Im a relatively good artist, so I can go ahead and just whip one up here soon