what you wanted to be when you grew up

in Chit-Chat

Deleted • 2 February 2023 at 12:17 AM

when I was little I wanted to be a singer and a dancer. that didn't happen lol.

Agender
6 posts

marafordoom • 2 February 2023 at 1:05 AM

I wanted to be an artist, which I actually was for awhile until I became a starving artist!

Non-binary
82 posts

renfri • 2 February 2023 at 1:46 PM

The only thing I ever wanted to be was an author, and now I am one! I got really really lucky. ❤️

1,134 posts

hikanu • 2 February 2023 at 1:53 PM

I feel like the only one who has a more extensive list than me is my little brother. XD

Most notably I wanted to be a vet or an animator.

I am now an adult and floundering spectacularly lol.

Female
2,557 posts

dragrawr • 2 February 2023 at 2:03 PM

I wanted to be a vet!

I am currently on my way there !! I might slip into conservation biologist instead though, all depending if I can last 7 more years !

Female
2,727 posts

jlya • 2 February 2023 at 2:32 PM

At first I wanted to be a waitress xD
But for the majority of my childhood my heart was set on being an author ❤️ I've now realized that won't be a full-time job for me, but I'm hoping it will fit into the plans somehow.

Female
2,302 posts

metaphor • 7 February 2023 at 2:11 AM

I wanted to be an animator when I was in like 2nd grade. I cannot draw at all. 😋 But it turns out I was probably more into the storytelling aspect of it than the drawing part. Before long, I dreamed of being a writer, and I have maintained that dream for *mumbles* years. I do what I love professionally, although I'm still not completely where I want to be yet.

Fluid
141 posts

mindwhiper • 7 February 2023 at 8:52 AM

When I was young, I dreamed about to be an artist. And I made it! Whole life drowned in endless drawing and making art, despite everything, include depression, life issues and living in wrong country.

Female
20 posts

sunflxwer03 • 7 February 2023 at 9:13 AM

when i was about in first grade, i really wanted to work at a icecream shop so i could steal icecream every once in a while- :^

735 posts

nut • 7 February 2023 at 9:23 AM

@hikanu ME TOO LMAO

wanted to be a vet and now I am ~nothing~

Female
48 posts

judith_666 • 7 February 2023 at 12:58 PM

As a child I always wanted to be a paleontologist since I was obsessed with dinosaurs, today I am a criminologist and I dedicate myself to journalism, although I would have also liked to study biology or archeology

Female
31 posts

nerdbear • 8 February 2023 at 8:52 AM

I wanted to be an English Teacher. But I never ended up being one. I'm kinda glad I didn't- teachers sadly don't get paid enough.

Female
42 posts

mysticgirl916 • 8 February 2023 at 3:06 PM

I wanted to be a language teacher since I had great French and Italian teachers throughout my elementary and high school education

Genderqueer
666 posts

mightyeglantine • 8 February 2023 at 3:18 PM

When I was a kid I wanted to work with animals like Steve Irwin, now as an adult I have a degree in Ecology and work with kids teaching them about the environment at a science camp. I like to think I'm inspiring the next generation of kids like me

Female
677 posts

amelialightwing • 8 February 2023 at 9:33 PM

I always wanted a holiday dress

Deleted • 13 February 2023 at 10:18 AM

Omg all of these are so amazing, I wanted to be actress, singer, dance and model lol

sorry I was not ping so I didn't see these

1,558 posts

dragonii • 14 February 2023 at 7:02 PM

@lululoo from 8-14 I've always wanted to be an animator, and from 12- 17 I wanted to become on eggcave artist. somewhere in there is aspiring comic author.

I had a lot of art based asperations

Female
2,158 posts

prairie • 14 February 2023 at 9:13 PM

When I was a kid I had quite a few interests.
I loved animals & dinosaurs; so I was thinking about paleontology or zoology cause I also liked science/biology... But then I met Chemistry and suddenly didn't like science as much.
During that time I found out how animation was made, and me - being obsessed with doodling - decided to try that out.

Now, I am a animator! I had gone to community college for my animation classes (save that money pals) and got my associates in 2019. I've since worked on a Netflix film, Amazon prime show, and currently a Twitch streamer.
I want to do some of my own stuff, so that might be the next step.

Demiboy
779 posts

blub • 7 April 2023 at 8:23 PM

I have a fun one, since I was very specific for one reason or another; shepherd on horse back in the Scottish Highlands.
Another was werewolf, writer, and comic book writer.

Ended up studying animation (lots of animators here!), but had to leave due to a burnout and other health issues, so didn't really became anything yet. Hopefully I'll just end up as a healthy person one day 😃
I'll probably end up doing something artsy, I still have some connections that want me to draw for them when I'm better (I recently had an offer to illustrate for a kids book, it sounds a fun project, but not sure yet if that's something I can make a full time job out of).

Female
29 posts

firelight_folf • 21 April 2023 at 7:17 PM

Vet, archeologist.

Female
93 posts

astralrebel • 21 April 2023 at 10:19 PM

I went through so many phases omg... storm chaser, medical research scientist (soo I could cure cancer and AIDs, no pressure lol), and criminologist because I loved criminal minds.

I ended up being a financial analyst... life has a weird way of unfolding huh

Female
318 posts

chat • 23 April 2023 at 3:10 PM

I wanted to work for NASA.

Other
137 posts

pauloacacio • 14 July 2023 at 6:08 AM

Ornithologist

Female
2,496 posts

mindassala • 14 July 2023 at 7:11 AM

I wanted to be either a physician, a writer, or a religious sister. After many years of working in different jobs, I became a religious sister. I would still like to be a writer 😊

Female
340 posts

fainne_24 • 14 July 2023 at 7:25 AM

I wanted to be a ballerina or a writer. I turned out to be a psychologist 😊

10 posts

flowerflare • 15 July 2023 at 12:30 PM

A taxidermist

Other
137 posts

pauloacacio • 27 July 2023 at 9:08 AM

Teacher!

4 posts

mrsandman • 1 August 2023 at 12:47 AM

Err...I always wanted to be a painter or an artist or something... And then I gave up.

Female
2,941 posts

heatherm19 • 1 August 2023 at 5:58 AM

I wanted to be a jockey when I was really young, which is kinda laughable now because I am *not* a small person... I've always been a writer and of course had dreams of one day being published, but I don't think it was ever a serious goal or whatever.

Female
2,200 posts

thedarkarcher • 1 August 2023 at 12:17 PM

When i was younger I wanted to be a horticulturist. Now im a adult I work in a garden centre so I guess its always stuck with me ❤️