Option to send small note with choc, option to stop receiving choc

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
1,304 posts

daisycat • 18 February 2023 at 3:17 PM

I originally posted this on the megathread but I don't think anyone noticed it lol.

- Optional check box that says "Stop Receiving Chocolates". A user can attempt to send, but they will get a red error message: This user is no longer accepting chocolate boxes.
- Optional message box when sending back chocolates (limit 50 characters). See below.

♥ daisycat has sent you 10 chocolate boxes. 1 minute ago
No need to send back, thank you!

These ideas can help if...
- you don't want chocolates in return and just want to send as a gift.
- you've been sending back and forth for a while and one of the users wants to conclude.
- you're finished with the event and don't want to receive anymore chocolates.
- you'd like to send a quick thank you.

Addendum: Add current balance (and other stats if desired) to the banner at the top.

Chocotravaganza Exchange · Feb 14-28 · Megathread · 3,117 Found · 3,072 Sent · 4,407 Received · 45 Current Balance

This idea can help when...
- you're feeding creatures just to get to a certain amount of chocolates in order to pay back a certain amount.

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 18 February 2023 at 5:23 PM

@daisycat
100% in favor of this. Thank you to whoever originally suggested this.
This way users who don't wish to participate in the Choco exchange could opt out of receiving chocolates before the event even starts. This way chocolates are not wasted on either end and no one feels guilty about receiving chocolates they can't send back.
As someone who has participated in the exchange for 5 years, I have been wishing for the ability to opt out of receiving when I'm finished with the event. I have learned you can leave a message everywhere possible and inevitably someone will still end up sending you unwanted chocolates. :/

Female
1,304 posts

daisycat • 18 February 2023 at 5:54 PM

@jlya
Thank you for your input! ❤️

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 18 February 2023 at 5:59 PM

@ian @prairie
Just trying to give this some traction ^^

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 18 February 2023 at 6:20 PM

YES PLEASE! Pretty pretty pretty please.

This is my first time doing this and I'm finding it difficult because I'm mostly at the point where I want to stop sending as many, especially the smaller amounts. But I don't know how to get that across, I could post in the megathread and update my status but users aren't necessarily going to look there before sending-back. I don't want to be rude and just not send back... Yeah. It would be VERY helpful to have a way to just not receive any more chocolates, and being able to send a little message when you send chocolates would help with that as well.

Female
1,742 posts

minnie298a • 18 February 2023 at 6:59 PM

I definitely love the idea of the check box/opt out button thingy. Not only to be able to easily stop when your finished, but allow you to turn off the receiving on side accounts.

As for the messages, I support the concept.
However, when returning chocs I normally have my screen zoomed out so I can see most of the page, to limit the amount of scrolling I need to do, and will possibly miss messages. But that is a "me issue" and something I can navigate around.

Female
2,553 posts

dragrawr • 18 February 2023 at 7:23 PM

@daisycat Thanks daisy! This would help immensely and clear up confusion. I love the idea of notes because Valentines day is mainly about friends for me, and it would be nice to wish them a good day and send them chocs!! ❤️

141 posts

stormwarden • 18 February 2023 at 7:38 PM

yes i support this so much!! i've got all the prizes i've wanted but i don't mind helping out if people want to send me 5-10 chocos as i'll be feeding and collecting them anyway, but having the opt-out option would be a lot easier so i don't have to check on the exchange page and see if i've left anyone waiting

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 19 February 2023 at 12:18 AM

I'm on board with this.
I never know what the next day is going to be like and don't want to be indebted to people and have to play catch up.

Also sending a little note of thanks is my style. I greatly appreciate having that option both with online sales and other games.