🪺 The Nest 🪺 — Connestions #2 is Available!

in General

Nestlings, which contest would entice you to participate the most?

125 posts

nest • 7 April 2024 at 9:15 PM

——— 🪺 ———
ɴ   ᴇ   s   ᴛ   ʟ   ɪ   ɴ   ɢ
B   I  R  T  H  D  A  Y
————————

🎂 Happy Birthday, Provo! 🎂

April 7th is @provo7demons's birthday!

Feel free to wish Provo a Happy Birthday or send a birthday gift!

Provo's favorite items are any travels.

🎉🥳🎈🎁🎊

Female
1,952 posts

chaotictreat • 7 April 2024 at 11:53 PM

welcome tomato! happy bday provo! : DDD

125 posts

nest • 9 April 2024 at 9:34 PM

——— 🪺 ———
ᴛ  ʜ  ᴇ      ɴ  ᴇ  s  ᴛ
T H A N K S
————————

A post of appreciation for three successful members only auctions!
Thanks to you, the auctions went smoothly and each lot had a different winner.
Thank you for bidding and congratulations to the winners!

Transmasculine
449 posts

shrimp • 11 April 2024 at 12:13 AM

Good luck with your guesses everyone! I've got a few theories but I'm gonna take the next few days to reread and break it all down...

Years of playing Clue with my family are decidedly NOT coming in clutch /j

125 posts

nest • 12 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

——— 🪺 ———
ɴ   ᴇ   s   ᴛ   ʟ   ɪ   ɴ   ɢ
B   I  R  T  H  D  A  Y
————————

🎂 Happy Birthday, Sophie! 🎂

April 12th is @thedarkarcher's birthday!

Feel free to wish Sophie a Happy Birthday or send a birthday gift!

Sophie's favorite items are toys.

🎉🥳🎈🎁🎊

125 posts

nest • 13 April 2024 at 1:30 PM

𝐍 𝔼 𝐒 𝕋 𝐈 𝕍 𝐀 𝕃
𝐅 𝔼 𝐒 𝕋 𝐈 𝕍 𝐀 𝕃

🎪 Introducing the Nestival Festival! 🎪
The Nest Fest is a weeklong virtual carnival where Nestlings volunteer to offer various small activities, giveaways, and entertainment to each other! The festival begins on Saturday, April 27th and runs until Friday, May 3rd.

Nest Fest is looking for the following vendors and entertainment.
Please post below to reserve your booth. Being a vendor is not required and it is on a first come, first serve basis. If no Nestling volunteers for a spot, it most likely will not be an available activity for the fest.

FOOD VENDOR
🍿🍔🍦
1/4 Spots Available

This Nestling will provide carnival-style grub, such as popcorn, ice cream, burgers, hot dogs, pizza, cotton candy, caramel apples, anything breaded and fried (anything similar to these that are available as items). You will post your booth's name in the Guild Forum on the first day of the fest (and optionally, write a creative welcome / description about what your booth offers). When a Nestling pings you in the Guild Forum, you will send them one (1) food item. Nestlings will be able to "order" something from you from Saturday, April 27th to Friday, May 3rd. By default, provide a food item at random, so as to make it easier. If you personally want to, you can mention in your initial booth post that fest attendees are welcome to ask for a specific type of item (popcorn, ice cream, etc.). Each vendor should be prepared with around 20 items available to send. Limit one (1) item per Nestling. If there are three vendors, for example, each Nestling may ping each vendor once to receive an item.
🎪 Post Below to Reserve a Food Vendor Booth!
Vendors: Cranberrycat (@cranberrycat1), Xiaomi (@xiaomixiaoling), Valorie (@valorieviolet)

MUSICIAN or DJ
🎸🎵🎤
0/3 Spots Available
No Spots Available

This Nestling will curate a list of around 5-10 songs from various artists / genres for fest attendees to "listen to" as they partake in festival activities. You will post your booth's name in the Guild Forum on the first day of the fest (and optionally, write a creative welcome / description about what your booth offers). You can aim for more carnival-style songs (upbeat, poppy, fun), or choose something completely different! You are expected to post one (1) or two (2) songs in the Guild Forum every day or every other day from Saturday, April 27th to Friday, May 3rd. It is relaxed on how often you post, just try to provide a few songs throughout the week to keep the music going!
🎪 Post Below to Reserve a Musician Booth!
Vendors: Provo (@provo7demons), Shiro (@shirothekittehlover), Ash (@ashlinnhi)

PERFORMER
🎭🎬🤡
1/2 Spots Available

This Nestling will curate a list of around 5-10 entertainment videos, such as magic tricks, comedy, and / or short films for fest attendees to "watch" as they walk through the fest. You will post your booth's name in the Guild Forum on the first day of the fest (and optionally, write a creative welcome / description about what your booth offers). It is recommended that you use YouTube links. You are expected to post one (1) or two (2) videos in the Guild Forum every day or every other day from Saturday, April 27th to Friday, May 3rd. You can also post text jokes mixed in with your videos. It is relaxed on how often you post, just try to provide enough entertainment throughout the week to keep guests entertained!
🎪 Post Below to Reserve a Performer Booth!
Vendors: Drag (@dragrawr)

PLUSHIE PING
🧸🎀🐇
0/2 Spots Available
No Spots Available

This Nestling will offer plushies as "prizes" for fest guests. You will post your booth's name in the Guild Forum on the first day of the fest (and optionally, write a creative welcome / description about what your booth offers). When a Nestling pings you in the Guild Forum, please send them one (1) plushie. Nestlings will be able to "win" a plushie from you from Saturday, April 27th to Friday, May 3rd. They cannot choose a specific plushie, just provide one at random, so as to make it easier. If you'd prefer to allow specific plushies to be chosen, you can state that in your initial booth post. Each vendor should be prepared with around 20 plushies available to send. Limit one (1) plushie per Nestling. If there are two plushie booths, for example, each Nestling may ping each vendor once to receive a plushie.
🎪 Post Below to Reserve a Plushie Booth!
Vendors: Becca (@magicaltomato3) and Pastel (@pastelrabbit)

CARICATURE ARTIST
or FACE PAINTER

🎨🖼️🖌️
0/2 Spots Available
No Spots Available

This Nestling will receive requests to draw a portrait of other Nestlings' creatures, either as a silly caricature, or, a simple drawing of their creature with face paint on (such as butterfly, tiger, clown, fairy, rainbow). You will post your booth's name in the Guild Forum on the first day of the fest (and optionally, write a creative welcome / description about what your booth offers). A Nestling will ping you in the Guild Forum with a creature they would like you to draw a simple portrait of. Depending on what you offer, they can request a caricature, face paint, artist's choice, or even just a simple drawing of their creature. The limit of portraits is up to the artist, but it is suggested limit one (1) portrait per Nestling. The detail of the portraits is up to the artist, but sketchy, cartoony, and simple is recommended. If there are two artists, for example, each Nestling may ping each vendor once to receive a portrait. Note: If desired, as a face painter, an artist can also prepare an image of a few different face paint designs that they offer. You will post this image's link in your initial booth post. Nestlings can visit this image and select which design they'd like you to add to their desired creature's face.
🎪 Post Below to Reserve an Artist Booth!
Vendors: Shrimp (@shrimp) and OQ (@opalquinze)

FISHING GAME
🐟💵🎣
1/2 Spots Available

This Nestling will offer any fish items, along with a few prizes of CC or rare, retired items, for fest attendees to win. You will post your booth's name in the Guild Forum on the first day of the fest (and optionally, write a creative welcome / description about what your booth offers). You will randomly assign your prizes a number and post the number range in your initial booth post, keeping which prizes are what number a mystery. In the Guild Forum, a Nestling will ping you with a number of their choice. You will then send them the respective prize. They could win a cute fish item to keep as a "pet", or, get extra lucky and win one of the rare CC or retired prizes. Once a Nestling selects a number, please remove it from your post as it is no longer available to select. It is recommended that you have at least 20 prizes / numbers available.
🎪 Post Below to Reserve a Fishing Booth!
Vendors: Daisy (@daisycat)

FORTUNE TELLER
🌟🔮💕
1/1 Spot Available

This Nestling will offer to read a fest attendee's fortune or their creature's fortune. You will post your booth's name in the Guild Forum on the first day of the fest (and optionally, write a creative welcome / description about what your booth offers). You can offer the Nestling's fortune, a creature's fortune, or both. A Nestling will ping you in the Guild Forum requesting that either their fortune or one of their creature's fortunes be told. You will then reply to them in the forum with their fortune. The fortune can be completely fictious and just for fun. However, if you have any fortune telling skills (via tarot interest, etc.), feel free to create a more complex or realistic fortune.
🎪 Post Below to Reserve the Fortune Teller Booth!

POETRY WRITER
📜🥀🪶
1/2 Spots Available

This Nestling will create a poem based on a fest attendee's creature of choice (a haiku or limerick is recommended). You will post your booth's name in the Guild Forum on the first day of the fest (and optionally, write a creative welcome / description about what your booth offers). In the Guild Forum, a Nestling will ping you with the name and / or link of the creature that they would like a poem for. You will then reply to them in the forum with their poem. One poem per Nestling is recommended, but you may state that you offer more in your initial booth post if you'd like.
🎪 Post Below to Reserve a Poet Booth!
Vendors: Chaotic (@chaotictreat)

PETTING ZOO
🐖🐑🐤
0/2 Spots Available
No Spots Available

This Nestling will offer creatures for fest attendees to adopt. You will post your booth's name in the Guild Forum on the first day of the fest (and optionally, write a creative welcome / description about what your booth offers). Please provide a list of creatures available for adoption in your initial booth post. You may also create a cove list tab with the available creatures and refer to it in your post. Nestlings will ping you in the Guild Forum with what creature they would like to adopt from your petting zoo. Limit one (1) creature per fest guest. First come, first serve. Please have at least five (5) adoptable creatures in your petting zoo. If all of your creatures get adopted before the festival is over, you are welcome to add more but you are not required.
🎪 Post Below to Reserve a Petting Zoo!
Vendors: Nut (@nut) and Froot (@froot)

MYSTERY BOOTH

0/2 Spots Available
No Spots Available

Do you have a simple yet well thought out idea for a festival-style activity that is not listed above? Feel free to PM Nest with your idea, how it works, and what you will offer. A mystery booth could be a fun surprise for other Nestlings, as they will only know what it is when the fest arrives on April 27th!
🎪 Click Here to PM Nest and Reserve a Mystery Booth!
Subject of PM: Nest Fest Mystery Booth | @yourusername
Vendors: Mystery Player 1 (@itsamystery) and Mystery Player 2 (@itsanothermystery)

IMPORTANT
INFORMATION

for Fest Attendees
and Fest Vendors

This event takes place in the Guild Forum where you can easily interact with other Nestlings.
Each vendor is responsible for knowing which Nestling has received something from them, therefore giving a chance for other Nestlings to partake in their booth, too.
Vendors are welcome to place non-quest items in their shops to be available for Nestlings to make a donation (Trinket Travels or Bean Sack items). Nestlings have the option to donate as an extra way of saying thanks for vending the fest, or, as a way of "paying" for their festival food. Vendors can post a link to their shop if they have set up items for donations.
While this event will be more interesting with a variety of vendors, please don't feel pressured to join. Additionally, not every spot needs to be filled in order for the fest to take place.
Please join if you feel confident and certain that you will be able to vend your booth when the festival arrives.
If you believe you can manage more than one booth, and it appears that no one else has secured a specific spot you'd like, please feel free to claim another booth.
There will be a special event badge for vendors along with a special event badge for attendees and vendors.
Vendors are fest attendees as well and are more than welcome to participate in the activities!

T I M E L I N E
for the Fest

Deadline to Volunteer: You have from Saturday, April 13th to Wednesday, April 24th to volunteer for a spot if you'd like to help vend the fest.
Time to Prepare for Fest: You have from the time you secure your spot until Friday, April 26th to prepare your booth (gather items, select songs, create your initial forum post; whatever your booth selection requires you to do).
Nest Fest Start Date: Nest Fest begins on Saturday, April 27th and runs until Friday, May 3rd.

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 13 April 2024 at 1:33 PM

@nest
I'd like to host one of the two Fishing Game spots!

Female
508 posts

nocturne • 13 April 2024 at 1:43 PM

@nest
I'd love to host one of the plushie prize booths if possible! 😊

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 13 April 2024 at 1:46 PM

@nest I’m interested in one of the fishing booth spots! I have some questions tho if i could DM 👀

735 posts

nut • 13 April 2024 at 1:47 PM

@nest I’d love to host a petting zoo spot!
also to clarify, is being a festival attendee open to everyone or just the nest?

125 posts

nest • 13 April 2024 at 1:48 PM

@redflipflap
I'm sorry, but you never joined Nest! I had asked a while back when you asked about the Nest Discord if you'd like to join the guild since that's what the Discord is for. You weren't interested in the guild but still wanted to join the Discord, so I let you join that. I'm sorry!

Edit:
@nut
This is for Nestlings only, guild members only (just like how all activities have been; this Nest Fest post is posted in the Guild Forum to make it more visible for Nestlings, rather than just a PM about it).

Female
177 posts

pastelrabbit • 13 April 2024 at 2:42 PM

@nest I’d love to host a plushie ping booth!

I was thinking of having themed mystery sections for the nestlings to choose to receive one random plush from. For example, I have a “spooky shelf” section with 5-ish plushies, if the user chooses to take a plushie from that section, they’ll recieve a mystery spooky-ish plushie. Just wanted to know if that was alright.

Transmasculine
449 posts

shrimp • 13 April 2024 at 2:46 PM

@nest

Hello! I'd love to host a face painting booth if I could! ❤️

125 posts

nest • 13 April 2024 at 2:47 PM

@pastelrabbit
That's a fun idea, sounds great!

Non-binary
1,419 posts

provo7demons • 13 April 2024 at 2:53 PM

@nest I'd love to reserve a DJ spot! I'm a DJ at my college so I'm already well-stocked with some fun music! 😃

Female
2,143 posts

cranberrycat1 • 13 April 2024 at 4:00 PM

@nest could I be a food vendor

1,976 posts

opalquinze • 13 April 2024 at 5:35 PM

@nest
heya! mind if i reserve a spot for a caricature artist booth?

Female
2,557 posts

dragrawr • 13 April 2024 at 6:42 PM

@nest ❤️ I'd love to do the Entertainment Booth! (provided- that short films/indie animation counts from YT) !

125 posts

nest • 13 April 2024 at 6:43 PM

@dragrawr
Excellent, yes those count!

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 13 April 2024 at 7:13 PM

@nest
I'd like to reserve a spot for a DJ spot pls! ^^
My music taste is quite random but I hope it'll be a great experience for everyone :>

Female
2,232 posts

ashlinnhi • 13 April 2024 at 9:34 PM

@nest this is an amazing event as always! could i please reserve a spot as a dj? 😊

Female
1,952 posts

chaotictreat • 13 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

@nest omg this looks SO fun, can i reserve a poetry spot?

Female
138 posts

xiaomixiaoling • 13 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

@nest can I be a food vendor?

Female
1,512 posts

froot • 14 April 2024 at 12:22 AM

@nest i'd like to reserve a petting zoo spot please!

Female
1,147 posts

valorieviolet • 14 April 2024 at 2:35 PM

@nest

I would love to sign up to be a food vender!! 🥨🍕🍬🍿🍩

Transmasculine
449 posts

shrimp • 15 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

I can't wait to see what the right answer was for the Mystery! It was a super fun little store that maaaaybe had me overthinking things a ton, and that's ok ❤️

Female
508 posts

nocturne • 15 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

@shrimp same HAHAH i was in shambles trying to pick the right culprit, super excited to get the reveal !

Female
2,557 posts

dragrawr • 16 April 2024 at 12:46 AM

im so excited RAGHH

125 posts

nest • 16 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

P  A  N  G  Y ' S
𝖕𝖔𝖎𝖘𝖔𝖓 🍎 𝖆𝖕𝖕𝖑𝖊
M  Y  S  T  E  R  Y

Nestlings, the event has concluded!
Did you enjoy Pangy's Poison Apple Mystery?

Below, you will find an altered version of the original Nest PM from April 6th.
Lurkers (Non-Nestlings) are welcome to read through and follow the link to read the mystery story.

———— 🍎 ————
WHO GUESSED CORRECTLY?

There were 17 guesses, 10 of which were correct.
Amazing detective work!!
@valorieviolet @levine @magicaltomato3
@froot @frosting @chaotictreat @dragrawr
@shrimp @ashlinnhi @wonder404exe

———— 🍎 ————
WHAT WAS THE EVENT?

Do you dare join the detective forces to find the bad guy? This event was a murder mystery story starring Egg Cave's NPCs. No character was actually murdered in the story, but there was an attempted murder. The story is fiction and is not entirely based on actual Egg Cave lore. Nothing in the story is meant to offend or upset anyone. Not everything in the story is intended to actually represent the characters' personalities.

———— 🍎 ————
HOW DID IT WORK?

Every day, from April 6th to April 11th, Nestlings received a new part of the mystery story in the Nest PM. Each part had clues that Nestlings used to solve the mystery. They were to be cautious, though, as some supposed clues may just be red herrings. After the final chapter, Nestlings concluded their detective work and submitted their #1 suspect.

———— 🍎 ————
WHAT COULD BE WON?

Total Prize Pool:   3000 + *  CC

After the event ended and the correct guesses were tallied up, the 3000+* CC prize was split between the winners.

For example, if five (5) Nestlings guess correctly, each Nestling will win 600 CC.
If two (2) Nestlings guess correctly, each Nestling will win 1500 CC.
*If the prize does not split nicely amongst the number of correct guesses, the CC will be rounded up per person. So, if 13 Nestlings guess correctly, each should get 230 CC, but will instead receive 250 CC each.

The final result indicated that ten Nestlings guessed correctly, so each Nestling has received 300 CC.
Additionally, their usernames have been posted in the
Trophy Nook.

Any detectives that submitted a guess that was not correct received a mystery item as a thank you for participating.

To all participants, there is a bonus raffle that you have the option to enter.
Visit the Nest PM for details.
The raffle has a relaxed deadline of Sunday, April 21st. This means that a winner will be drawn sometime after April 21st, but the date is unknown. So you may still be able to get your entry in, even if it's "late".
Entries: @dragrawr

————✦————

A Note from the Author

I am blown away by everyone's explanations for their answers!! Some of you even added details that made complete sense, and yet, I hadn't even thought of them as part of the story. Very impressive! Upon reading your reasonings, I thought to encourage you to post your explanation messages in the Guild Forum, if you'd like. Seriously, they were so enjoyable to read! (Feel free to add a spoiler alert for any non-Nestling lurkers who wish to attempt the mystery, which will be available in the Nest Library.) Even some incorrect explanations from other Nestlings were amazing, in that, they didn't just make sense with a red herring clue, but the Nestlings went above and beyond to explain why it truly did make sense. I'm appreciative of everyone's diligent work. Thank you for reading my story!
- Daisy

————✦————

Visit our dear Poisoned Pangy for all parts of the story in one convenient location.

Female
1,952 posts

chaotictreat • 16 April 2024 at 10:52 AM

Wow!! So glad I got it right hehe
And wow I thought I was being overkill with my three pages of notes but I still missed some of the clues mentioned in the answer/explanation! Very well thought through 😋
I must confess I was hoping for a bit more explanation about the Cathy situation but I guess that just leaves more mystery opportunities in the future ahah
Thank you again for hosting such an awesome event, it might be my favourite yet!
I'll probably try and enter the raffle soon but for now if anyone is interested, these were my notes (spoilers! ish): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kcVFmr4dJCm2qt3TZ7N5w4_jdVVY_on4edlSWpk_qzU/edit?usp=drivesdk