Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 12 March 2023 at 6:32 PM

Ok this is a funny one
I dont know if its a bug but ehh
Picture:
https://ibb.co/yqRw5G6

” What is "ECT"?

"ECT" stands for Egg Cave Time. It's based off Eastern Time in the United States.”
Oooh nooooooooo

Im in USA and yesterday’s time are accurate and has always been accurate. But its like 6:30 here and it shows 5:30 on ECT
Its exactly one hour off somehow

Ur profile said ur in usa: sorry if you dont want to be pinged
@daisycat
@dragrawr
@tortoise
@nut

@ian
Ping some more people? Lol idk

EDIT:
was on iPhone and now I'm on a chomebook
it shows the same thing ;_; hhhhhh
EDIT EDIT
lmao daylight savings time, ._.

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 12 March 2023 at 6:34 PM

@wonder404exe
Today is the start of daylight savings time, so might have to do with that.

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 12 March 2023 at 6:36 PM

@daisycat
thought about that... just pointing it out xD because no one else did?

but its still funny:
I woke up from an afternoon nap and it said
4:20
I was like "oh"
did some work
some cleaning
and look at the time it said "18:00" aka "6:00"
and I was like there is no way I worked for 2hrs
and I looks at the ECT and was like "._."

735 posts

nut • 12 March 2023 at 6:38 PM

yeah i agree, probably daylight savings and its not reflected on eggcave yet because the irl time just changed last night / this morning at 2:00

if i’m not mistaken it usually does follow whatever eastern standard time is, as that’s my time zone as well and eggcave has always matched my time

on another note, abolish daylight savings time 👎🏼 silliest concept fr

Demifluid
1,508 posts

wonder404exe • 12 March 2023 at 6:39 PM

@nut
T^T its so
w e i r d

Female
1,310 posts

daisycat • 12 March 2023 at 6:41 PM

@nut
There has been talk about actually getting rid of daylight savings. I wouldn't mind that lol.

I have family in Arizona, where there's no daylight savings. One of the several times I was there, we were in a park, and there was a sundial. And the time it displays is and was always correct. XD

@wonder404exe
Dude you be editing your title with the answer. X,D

1,134 posts

hikanu • 12 March 2023 at 7:12 PM

If everyone could just do the daylight savings time thing *at the same time*, that would make things easier...
That is if we're going to keep doing it, for reasons that literally hasn't been logical since we learned how to use electricity for ligting up our houses at night.

Daylight savings here is in like 2 weeks. It's always the last Sunday in March.

735 posts

nut • 12 March 2023 at 7:15 PM

@hikanu that’s extra weird, i didn’t know the timing varied for different places!

@daisycat isn’t that so great?? i’m sure the lack of daylight savings hasn't been a catastrophic life change for anyone in arizona either 😭 i feel like it’s just a matter of time before it changes for the whole country though (at least i hope)

as someone who works outdoors it sucks so bad, days were finally getting longer with spring approaching and now i’ll be back to driving to work in the dark ☹️ and changing all the clocks twice a year on non-smart devices like my car and microwave and stovetop is just so,,, annoying lol

1,134 posts

hikanu • 12 March 2023 at 7:27 PM

@nut It's very weird.
I used to roleplay with one from the states back when I was still going to school. For most of the year, I had an hour or so to catch her before she went to bed and my classes started. For about 2 weeks in spring we would have more time and for 1 week in late fall she'd be going to bed by the time I woke up, so I wouldn't get to catch her at all. Literally the worst week of the year. XD

Female
144 posts

dragongirl02 • 12 March 2023 at 10:53 PM

I noticed it, too but thought maybe it was just me. I wanted to ensure I timed the daily tasks as I know rollover likes to roll into my mealtimes for me, especially during daylight saving time.

Guess you folks have noticed that the daily tasks' timer appears to be considering daylight saving for the site, but the Site clock isn't.

I'm in one of the States that does not do daylight saving, but due to that, it messes up the offset on these types of sites and usually messes me up if I am not careful on the day of the switch. I thought maybe it was a visual glitch on my end, but since others are noticing that weirdness, too, it might not be that.
Also, I thought the site usually reminds us.

Female
2,950 posts

heatherm19 • 12 March 2023 at 11:01 PM

So... Yeah, has the EC clock not been changed yet? I would think it would happen automatically. During part of the year EC-midnight is 10pm my-time, and with the time change it should go back to being 9pm my-time. But the EC clock currently shows 10pm, while it's 8pm here, which means EC-midnight is still 10pm my-time.
(This also raises the question of when the roll-over will happen, I'm usually feeding right up until midnight on double-feed days...)
@Ian?

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 12 March 2023 at 11:14 PM

Daylight savings time always messes with the clock. This happens every time, both spring and fall. If it hasn't fixed itself by tomorrow morning then Ian will manually fix it.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 14 March 2023 at 11:06 PM

It was synced up for me every time I looked. Didn't notice until now that it's off again. missed feeding a whole bunch of eggs "yesterday" because Eggcave time is now a whole hour ahead of Eastern Daylight Time.

Edit: After the panic got set aside, realized only the clock is off sync. Everything else seems to be on the proper time behind the scenes. (Dailies, eggs fed/not fed, etc.)

Update 1:10 PM / 1310 Hours, seems to be fixed.

Update: 16th March 12 am (Eastern Daylight Savings Time), Eggcave time is once again an hour ahead (1am.)
This is really puzzling as most of the day it's reading correctly for me. o.O

Female
2,950 posts

heatherm19 • 16 March 2023 at 12:35 AM

@snowywinter That's really strange, for me it was off after the time-change for awhile but once it righted itself I haven't noticed anything off.