"too many feed requests!" error-message increased during Dragold's Den boosts, bug or intentional?

in Problems & Bugs

Female
2,947 posts

heatherm19 • 17 March 2023 at 8:32 PM

What the title says, lol. Basically, I've calculated that when I speed-feed I get the 'too many feed requests!' red-bar message an average of every 18-22 feeds. That's been consistent for at least two months (since I started noticing it). However, every time I get a 'boost' from Dragold's Den, either the 2x Feed Boost or the 2x EC From Feeds, I get that red-bar message more often, an average of every 8-13 feeds (I once got it after just 6 feeds!). It also seems to last longer, normally refreshing the page will allow me to feed again but now I continue getting that message for a good 10+ seconds.

So... Is that intentional, to balance the rewards you can get, or is it a bug? @Ian @Orderedchaos

Female
4,845 posts

newlife • 18 March 2023 at 12:11 AM

@heatherm19

I am getting this bug too, it makes feeding nearly unbearable to do, and I have to wait for the buff to go away.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 18 March 2023 at 12:21 AM

@newlife I already replied to heather before knowing she had this thread, but one of the first times it happened to me i had to wait about half a minute before i could feed one again. ( I could feed other eggs, but just that one was refusing to be fed. ...and since it was low on health i didn't want to feed the rest then forget about it.)

And yeah, the time it takes to get the warning is nearly half of what it usually is. I don't use any extensions, just keyboard shortcuts and it is really slowing down my feeding time. Especially having to go back and make sure feeds counted.
(I can usually feed at LEAST 13 eggs, and now my MAXimum is 10 before it happens. I'm having to really slow down the process to avoid it.)

141 posts

stormwarden • 18 March 2023 at 12:51 AM

i'm also noticing a big increase in this notification! i'm wondering if since it's a site-wide thing affecting many people we're all just overloading the server with our feeds? but i didn't notice it being this severe during the double feed day nor the choco event

Female
1,748 posts

minnie298a • 18 March 2023 at 1:33 AM

I've definitely noticed it as well. I have to slow right down. Pretty much gotten to the point of only feeding when not boosted or during the X2 EC.

Also haven't noticed it at any other time, and can't remember it in past years (although I did miss last years event).

Bigender
74 posts

zoruna • 18 March 2023 at 1:04 PM

I have the same problem. I have had 525 errors for several hours. It prevents me from doing the event or the daily quests, it's very annoying ☹️
The problem goes away for 2 minutes, then comes back for 15 or 20. The game becomes unplayable ☹️

Female
2,145 posts

cranberrycat1 • 18 March 2023 at 8:15 PM

It happened to me this first time yesterday when I was feeding, but it only happened once and the game was back to normal. But I also don’t log on for more that 20 minutes at a time or in a day.

1,134 posts

hikanu • 18 March 2023 at 8:34 PM

I don't find that I'm experiencing it much more than normal, but it is happening to me.

141 posts

stormwarden • 18 March 2023 at 10:25 PM

this problem has gotten a lot worse for me today :/ i cant feed more than 10-11, pause, then like 2-3 before the notification pops up again

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 18 March 2023 at 10:38 PM

yup, sure enough, I'm even getting it on mobile(tablet) (which almost never happens. This is only the 2nd or 3rd time it's happened to me in my 2 yrs on Eggcave.) Cove of 13, popped up on the 12th one.

Female
1,179 posts

ahgirltc • 19 March 2023 at 1:06 AM

happened to me to, had to wait for longer than usual before continuing feeding. but not for long before the notification pops up again. :/

Female
2,947 posts

heatherm19 • 19 March 2023 at 1:20 AM

Just a little while ago I got the red bar, had to refresh multiple times before I could feed again, and then literally 2 feeds later got it again. I actually thought it was getting better this afternoon (evening-ish EC-time), but then it started getting bad again.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 19 March 2023 at 5:06 AM

EggCave has been experiencing lag for the last day and I believe this may be causing the issues seen here. Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do except wait.

@heatherm19 @newlife @snowywinter @stormwarden @minnie298a @zoruna @cranberrycat1 @hikanu @ahgirltc

Female
1,649 posts

alraune3 • 20 March 2023 at 10:08 AM

I am also experiencing this today.

Female
2,733 posts

jlya • 25 March 2023 at 12:27 PM

Getting so many of these messages, mainly on the "2x feed stats" boost from Dragold's Den. I don't have nearly as much trouble with the 2x EC boost.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 25 March 2023 at 4:51 PM

@jlya I was having a lot of trouble with it last night. Not so surprising for the 2 x Stat boost, but it was annoying getting it after every forth or fifth feed >.<
(which fits with getting it for about the 8th to 10th typical stat. - still had to slow way down on feeds : / )

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 26 March 2023 at 11:44 PM

I'm having this issue as well. It's making this 300 feed daily a nightmare! Ugh!