Curious about your item/EC storage and tendencies

in General

Female
257 posts

lunarstarz • 24 March 2023 at 8:42 PM

So I'm a pretty old player who's decided to drop by again after a long hiatus - initially started around 2011, quit for a while, came back somewhere in 2014? 2017? Honestly I have no clue but I'm casually back again for the time being out of nostalgia.

One thing I had kept up before was collecting as many travels from the Travel Agency as possible and right now I still find myself doing that now to a lesser extent (thankfully most new travels I feel like aren't that expensive) and usually buying a fair amount of Trinket Travels just because they look nice.

And it got me thinking - I tend to lurk around and see lots of EC circulating around for CC, quest items (which I haven't even touched upon yet), creatures etc alongside some of you hoarding extensive item collections. So I'm curious - how much EC do you guys have in your banks? How many items are in your Strongroom? Unique items? How much do you find yourself spending or gaining roughly a day from feeding, buying items, etc?

For me, I'm currently sitting on 3.5m EC (of which ~2.8m I somehow managed to collect from my Shop Till - I have no clue what I ended up selling back then for that haha) which feels like a lot to me now although I know I had at least another 3.8m before to help purchase my Leaf of Varka before I went on hiatus. I have 1808 items in my Strongroom, 1188 unique, majority probably being travels.

I feel like I end up spending up to 20k a day since a lot of items now are new to me, and with Dragold's Den I try make good use of 2x Feed Coins via Click Exchange if it appears while I'm on my laptop and can maybe make 30-60k from that. But then outside of that + Site Trivia or Daily Alkub Racing, I don't feel like I actually earn that much. Oh well, I suppose it is an ongoing process. How about the rest of you?

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 24 March 2023 at 9:11 PM

@lunarstarz
Welcome back to Egg Cave! It is always great to see a player return ❤️

I always try to sit around or above 10m EC. I'm currently at 17m EC. In terms of my item storage I have over 2000 items but just shy of 1,000 unique items.

I don't always feed but when I do I would get ~50k from feeding my cove and then if I want, I'll go to the click exchange for a little while. When I decide to restock my shop I usually get a small amount daily as I usually go for rarer items or items that are not currently being restocked in user shops.

The quests are a huge money sink but I'm excited to get some of the creatures from there.

5 posts

heatherm_side3 • 26 March 2023 at 4:34 AM

Oh this is a great question, I really hope other users chime in with their experiences!

Personally I got spoiled with having a ton of EC in my strongroom (back when I wasn't spending as much), so now I feel nervous if I get 'too low', which to me is generally below 30m. I currently have 35.3m EC in my strongroom, it's been hovering around there for awhile because cove expansions on my hoarding side have grown so expensive it's harder to really save up.

I'm able to be on the site a good chunk of the day most days (okay, technically not day, I'm most active at night), and I love the repetitive feeling of feeding, so it's rare I make less than 100k in a day and it's not uncommon for me to get 400k+ in one day just from feeding. (And yet somehow I still feel like I never 'make' much, I spend way too much on impulse buys in user shops...)

I'm a big travel hoarder, there are so many beautiful ones! In large part because of that, my strongroom currently holds 11,670 items but only 4,482 unique items.

Also, welcome back @lunarstarz!

edit: And I totally didn't realize I'm still on my side, oops. Don't usually post from here.

Female
1,733 posts

lexicon • 26 March 2023 at 10:11 AM

@lunarstarz

Welcome back 😊. Also an older player that's been playing on and off since 2012. I have about 22.5M in the bank, most of it from trading, I've fallen off of feeding for the most part because it's time-consuming and I do not have a lot of time lol

I have 4,148 unique items and a total of 11,586. This is mostly due to questing, I try to keep 2-4 of each item for quests and do hoard a few travels (Yellow Rolling Hills for my growing Innu army over @dulce in particular lol)

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 26 March 2023 at 10:20 AM

@lunarstarz
Welcome back! Sounds like you had some nice numbers to come back to. 😊

I am a recent player who started last November. I have around 13.2M in the bank and 2,482 items in my strongroom (1,661 unique). I try to keep my EC well above what I'm saving for, so I have a decent amount left after a purchase.

Currently, buying and hoarding a ton of travels as those are required for Olimpt quests. 😸 Other than that, I buy a lot of bakery items and trinkets.

Female
2,138 posts

cranberrycat1 • 26 March 2023 at 12:27 PM

@lunarstarz welcome back

i'm not on here more than 5-10 minutes a day other than to do dailies, so in my bank I normally have around 5 mil but right now i did a lot of spending so i only have 2 mil and in my strongroom not that much a hoarder so just have (i think) 300 items in there at the moment but i like to keep some of them on my Hibisvul

Non-binary
248 posts

captaincookies • 26 March 2023 at 12:36 PM

I am a total hoarder, and it doesn't help that I've quit and returned a whole bunch. I think back when I was @gggaaahhh1 and I quit, I auctioned off all or at least most of my creatures, and then just squirrelled away the EC. I try and keep my EC balance so that I get 15k EC in bank interest every day. Also, the quests right now have a lot of creatures I want, so I have a huge amount of quest items as well. Like, thousands of them. Also, I think I may want to put the Magical Stone Table travel on all of my creatures, so I have been trying to acquire as many as I can of that.

1,134 posts

hikanu • 26 March 2023 at 12:44 PM

@lunarstarz Hi and welcome back. 😃

Currently I'm sitting on 5.6m EC and have 1078 items in storage, 953 of them unique.

It varies a lot what I earn and spend, but generally I earn more than I spend. I usually only use money on the darned quest tasks that I don't want to do, and even then I spend them in user shops over the NPC shops. Even when I decided to focus on buying everything from one shop, when I took a quest I hardly ever had what I needed anyway, so I gave up wasting my time in the NPC shops and would rather pay a little more in a user shop, because the difference is more easily made up by feeding something in the exchange, saves time and it benefits others on top of it.

If I do splurge it's on a creature shopping spree and then I'll splurge on something that is most likely in the shape of a bunny, and what I've earned in 2 weeks might be gone in an instant. xD

Items... Well I use them for the consume/use tasks mostly, otherwise they just sit there and gather dust until the rare occasion that one is needed for a quest.

69 posts

amysnow • 26 March 2023 at 1:37 PM

I'm join in from 2017, just like OP, I sometimes hiatus for a long times and comeback cause I miss my creatures.

Throught a long times, and for the quest, I got about 30M EC in bank and "4,096 unique items in your Strongroom, with their quantities totaling 11,341". That what they say

Female
1,744 posts

minnie298a • 27 March 2023 at 1:42 AM

@lunarstarz
Welcome back.

To answer your questions, a lot and too many.

More specific, I don't want to say how much ec I have, but it is enough to get well over 10k a day in interest. For some reason I've picked that as my "do not cross unless it's really important" line. Although really important is a relative term and could mean things like, the SARC Centre received a grant and finally fulfilled the research and I *had* to buy the creature on the release day.

As for items I have just over 13.5k items in total, with 4.4k unique. The majority of my multiples are event prizes (Halloween, Ark Day etc) or travels I intend to use. Except for my mysterious collection of Macaroni and Cheese. Where they all came from, I can't recall, but I'm sure I wouldn't have paid for all of them. I'm currently at the stage where I can fulfill the majority of my quests from my strongroom.

As for earning, well, I generally make about 100k from the 1k of critters I feed through the Click Exchange most days. But that doesn't even cover 1 cave expansion, so.....
The XC is my preferred method of feeding, and as I control my own timetable, can get at least 700k from there on double feed days (which is the second Sunday every month). I'm definitely taking advantage of the X2 EC boosts currently being offers.

As a side note, if your going to venture into quests, each NPC shop is associated with an individual quest (eg Going Global asks for things from the Travel Agency), with the exception of the Trinket Travels and Bean Sack stores.

475 posts

spell • 27 March 2023 at 3:52 AM

Welcome back! I currently have around 7 mil EC from a recent trade but I usually just hold onto 1-2 mil EC for quests and cove expansions. Sometimes I'll even dip under 500k when I'm on a questing spree. I usually forget about claiming bank interest so it's not too big of a deal for me. If I'm not spending all my EC on questing or expanding my cove, it tends to go towards impulse purchases at the travel agency. Right now, my strongroom has over 1.1k unique items and 1.6k total, 99% of which are travels and trinket travels. I used to focus on ones I liked but since quests started I've been buying anything I don't have.
I don't really feed outside of the monthly tasks unless there's an event and I'm (semi-)active so I would say that most of my funds come from being on the site for a long time and selling/trading creatures and names. I try to do site trivia but I've definitely forgotten most days before the monthly challenge was introduced.

Female
257 posts

lunarstarz • 27 March 2023 at 10:58 PM

Hahah it's honestly fascinating to see how much people have managed to gather from this place.

@heatherm19 that sounds like some amazing dedication in terms of daily EC collection, but I can agree it is a satisfying and somewhat addicting feeling keeping at a certain threshold + constantly accumulating more. Definitely have to give kudos to the artists behind Trinket Travels too - I don't feel the need to collect all of them, but there have been far too many times where I impulse buy a whole bunch of them just because they look beautiful

@lexicon I get what you mean - I've rediscovered that feeding takes up a surprising amount of time, and I can only imagine how much you can spend on this site if you engaged with all the questing or dailies too. Personally I find myself in the boat where I mentally can't find myself dedicating to feed >100/150 creature coves (partially also out of fear of accidentally missing a creature) including my own and yet I probably can cover over that if I just focus on smaller coves or the Click Exchange

@daisycat wishing you good luck for your Olimpt! I actually wanted to know for questing if you or others knew - relatively how long do creatures stay available in the VEND machine? I'm considering dabbling eventually in quests but it certainly is a long investment

@captaincookies 15k EC interest??? 😱 I'd love to reach that level one day - currently sitting on ~900EC daily now. I actually have 3 of them so if you're interested, I'm happy to offer you one of them 😊

@minnie298a Appreciate the info on questing and double feed Sunday (I think they were a thing before, I just forgot lol). I ended up accepting a Travel quest before and was immediately hit with two I didn't have which was a bit of a bummer, then ended up forgetting about it and let it fail.

---

It's been lovely being around again, occassionally feeding and checking the Travel Agency when I pop by here, though likely would need to limit myself a bit more now since I do struggle with regulating myself and I am studying (since my first post, I've already ended up increasing my unique items by 200 whoops). Thanks for the welcome backs yall ❤️

Female
1,309 posts

daisycat • 27 March 2023 at 11:05 PM

@lunarstarz
There is a limited number of each creature available in the VEND machine (number isn't posted anywhere), and when it's getting low and many have been claimed, a blog post will state such and then we have a week or ten days (?) left until the creature isn't available anymore. Basically, the more popular creatures will "run out" faster than others.

I believe staff is actually currently working on different times for stock rotations, additions, etc. I don't think there is a set schedule. So for right now, I'd say everything under the top seven on the VEND page could be more relaxed questing. Those top seven may "run out" quickly.

Female
1,744 posts

minnie298a • 27 March 2023 at 11:27 PM

@lunarstarz
Double feed Day used to be the 15th of every month. From memory there was a bunch of people complaining about it falling on so many weekdays and not being able to participate due to school and work. So it was moved to a Sunday.

As for the VEND creatures, there is no time limit as such. In comments on a recent blog post it was revealed that they are limited by numbers/quantity. However there will always be a week warning before they disappear, and there is always a chance they could return. Some of the creatures have been there for a while though.

Female
9,796 posts

chapus • 27 March 2023 at 11:31 PM

@lunarstarz welcome back! :-D always nice to see returning users hehe

I've been on and off this website since 2012. I don't have that much EC mostly cause I don't feed that much and I spent a lot of EC on Cave expansions, so I currently have about 1.4 million EC in my bank. I do have a few items and I have a lot of retired items I probably bought ages ago haha, and I often buy new ones for questing. It's mostly travels, baked goods and general foods ! In terms of how much EC I gain & spend in a day, it currently depends on events & the dailies ! I usually only have time to do the quests, so if there's any feeding ones I'll probably gain on average 20-40k EC, and probably spend around the same amount if there's questing to do.

69 posts

amysnow • 28 March 2023 at 2:29 AM

@lunarstarz If you want to get more EC, with the VEND is more popular these day, I think you should open a shop and sell items. That what I do. If the price I buy from eggcave's shop is 800 EC, I sell it at 1200 EC, and got 400 EC for myself. The VEND is hot these day with old creature so many people need to trade and buy items. My shop got 160 slot for items and I can have about 500.000 EC for a month.

As far as I doing the VEND quest, I realize that the items its need are the items that "avaible" on the site, you either have it in your strongroom, or in the shop / user shop, I rarely got an items that can't be found anywhere (I just give up if the prize is too high like 999,999 EC). So, just through any items you got spare one and some day, somebody will roll out your items and need to buy it, just dont set the price too high.

Non-binary
248 posts

captaincookies • 30 March 2023 at 10:37 PM

@lunarstarz

Thanks, I offered on the travel!

Female
2,490 posts

mindassala • 5 April 2023 at 7:20 AM

I have 58M in my strongroom and 1M+ not in the strongroom. I have 3,344 unique items and 9,510 total items. I've been playing since 12/27/12. I guess you'd consider me a hoarder, LOL!

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 6 April 2023 at 10:25 PM

WOW! It's crazy to me how much EC some players have managed to build up. I have almost 7 mil at the moment, and I felt good about that. lol.

To be fair, I was pretty inactive for a pretty long time, mostly checking in just often enough to make sure my critters didn't die, and coming back for events. Since I've been back and active, I've been slowing gaining some more EC.

I have just under a thousand items in my strongroom, and a bit over half of those are unique. Other than travels and retired items, I haven't really focused on collecting much in the past. That's changed with needing to do quests for the daily challenge!