Megamisama90 -April 2023 Contest- [CLOSED]

in User Contests & Giveaways

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 4 April 2023 at 6:46 AM

Welcome to my contest 😊

Main accounts only.

Contest runs until April 8th 2023. April 8th is the last day to participate.

I've always wondered:
Why did you pick your username? What's the meaning behind it?

So state your username ja explain. πŸ˜‹

------

I've lots open in TC and you're free to offer one item on which one you like or on all if you like them all.

I'll be raffling inside of the lot and if it lands on you, you're out on the other lots to give others a chance too. You're free to do whatever you want with the prize when you get it. Just saying ^^

Trade #1024303 Lotty
Trade #1024304 Cotofly
Trade #1024305 Nunny
Trade #1024306 Beatrix

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 4 April 2023 at 9:21 AM

Mya I enter, or is it too late? The name lunacharm is sort of named after a horse Silvercharm, and I had not wanted numbers after it but the computer kept saying someone already had that name so I just made up 1037 πŸ˜‹ really means nohing.

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 4 April 2023 at 1:24 PM

It's a mix-up of my name and the word cataclysm! How did you pick yours?

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 4 April 2023 at 5:15 PM

I'm really not creative when it comes to usernames (I used to have some really stupid ones as a kid though). 'heatherm19' is just my first name, my middle initial, and 19. The 19 has no real significance, I started using usernames similar to (name)19 when I was 19 years old and it just kind of stuck.

Thanks for hosting this!

Female
1,304 posts

daisycat • 4 April 2023 at 6:07 PM

Thank you for this giveaway, Misa! 😊

My username is my name, and, I love cats. 😸
I've always wanted just my name for a username, but it's never available.

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 5 April 2023 at 3:35 AM

@lunacharm1037, you may enter and offer item on trade lots 😊 Just out of curiosity, do you watch horse competitions?

@kataclysm I wondered if anyone would ask ^^ I used to read and watch this anime called Aa! Megami-sama! (Ah! My Goddess!) and the name stuck with me and the number 90 is the year I was born. Also you can offer item. 😊

@heatherm19 I'm curious how "stupid" your usernames used to be? πŸ˜‹

@daisycat your name is too popular and normal, if I can say so.

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 5 April 2023 at 5:31 AM

@megamisama90 Well, my very first email was 'radigurl', (ie radical girl), me trying to be cool at like 12 years old when I really really wasn't. I'm sure there are others, but it's 2:30am and I can't think, lol.

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 5 April 2023 at 5:52 AM

@megamisama90 You know, all these years, I've been reading it as 'Mega Misama', not 'Megami Sama'. Consider my mind blown.

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 5 April 2023 at 5:57 AM

We all go through that same phase xD @heatherm19 At least you remember what you used. I don't. :/ I wish I did. Something laugh about now.

@kataclysm hahaha πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ I think most will think of it like that.

1,965 posts

opalquinze • 5 April 2023 at 6:52 AM

i think i’m more surprised that your username is supposed to be read as β€œmegami-sama” (cuz i also thought it was β€œmega misama” lol) as i used to read Ah! My Goddess! over a decade ago, but dropped it due to young me not getting hooked to it

if you wanna know what’s with my username, then it’s pretty much saying my b-day:
Opal - birthstone for October (plus it also looks cool)
Quinze - French for β€œ15” (cuz i was learning French at the time and just thought it sounded cool, so it stuck with me)
been with this username for… oh geez just realized it’s been nearly a decade since i’ve stuck with this

kinda aware that my username sounds narcissistic, but hey, if it sounds cool, then at least it means it lasted the longest than my previous ones

Female
328 posts

passionate • 5 April 2023 at 7:07 AM

@heatherm19 hahaha radigurl isnt even that bad!!! one of my usernames from like 21 years ago was crying blood. THATS how edgy my grade school a$$ was πŸ˜ƒ

hi and nice to meet you!! mine is so dumb but i will share it anyway. so i used to play a lot of world of warcraft, and back in the day you could actually get like really good names, but you had to ticket blizzard to do so and they've since done away with the gesture. anyhow, i ended up with i think the name adrenaline? so i got serotonin, endorphin, and i was trying to collect the whole set XD but i could never get oxytocin i believe.. it was always eluding me. not sure i ever got dopamine either. and these r all characters i regularly played, mind you. i somehow ended up with passion (i'm still passion on stormrage-US) but apparently all the pet sites passion was already taken tehe so i had to go with passionate. it fits because i'm passionate about a lot of things like social justice, family, food & mental health awareness. but i have no idea why otherwise. i probably came up with a few kEwL sounding names, listed them to blizz, and tried to just see what i could get. it was so long ago though i hardly remember!

anyway this is great!! i cant wait to read everybody else's

@opalquinze i dont think it sounds narcissistic at all it sounds awesome and it's unique. cant ask for more than that!

edited bc i still dont comprehend how these goofy invisible pings work

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 5 April 2023 at 10:57 AM

@megamisama90
i do watch horse competitions and had my own horse Wishful (Named my calla after her) She competed in 4H competitions. and had a bit of dressage training too. she was an ex-racehorse. Had a tattoo in her lip but it was to blurry as I'd wanted to look up her past. Also Silvercharm was my sisters fav. He was beautiful

342 posts

strawberry876272 • 5 April 2023 at 7:06 PM

Mine is one from childhood I used on neo
(still somewhat go and check up on my acct there but ...life ^^;;; )

πŸ“strawberry: for 🍰strawberry shortcake ( for both the food and the character )
the numbers were just a keyboard smash cus strawberry was taken

( γƒ»βˆ€γƒ»)っ旦
kinda regret but this is an old account sooo ~

Agender
1,077 posts

awesomesaucethegreat • 5 April 2023 at 7:43 PM

@megamisama90
i chose my username because awesomesauce was taken, so somehow my brain came up with awesomesaucethegreat
my brain is weird sometimes

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 6 April 2023 at 6:47 AM

@opalquinze Prior to reading it or even seeing the anime, I had come accross many wallpapers of it and it made me even more interested. All the colors and those magical clothes. I wished I could wear such clothes, still wish...

That's pretty cool! I don't think it sounds narcissistic at all.

@passionate "crying blood" xD haha that's pretty good! Nice to meet you too! ^^ It would've been cool to own all the names!

@lunacharm1037 I've never been a horse person but my cousin lives for horses and when we were kids we used to go watch races. She works in racehorse industry. Her dream.

@strawberry876272 yummy username 😊

@awesomesaucethegreat sounds like you wanted it to be even better. I don't think your brain is wierd. πŸ˜ƒ

Gender Nonconforming
228 posts

dibabeebees • 6 April 2023 at 10:08 AM

Well, dibabeebees is inspired by when I was hospitalized back in 2020 and first diagnosed! I remember I was really tired and loopy and then dibabeebees happened. It's my username on everything now!

Female
2,135 posts

cranberrycat1 • 6 April 2023 at 10:37 AM

My friend got me to join egg cave and we just put a fruit and an animal just to get the name part of the application over with, so my original name was cranberrycat but I forgot the password to it so I made a new account with one in front of cranberrycat. I was meaning to change it but after I found out it costs money I wasn’t sure anymore. Now I got used to this name and I think others have too so I’m not going to change it. @megamisama90

Female
1,930 posts

chaotictreat • 6 April 2023 at 11:16 PM

I picked my username with a random word generator! On most online things I'm BlurplePanda (or some variation of it) but for some reason I didn't choose that for eggcave. I literally used a random phrase generator - adjective and noun - and tadaa! ChaoticTreat was born! I've had this username ever since I joined eggcave over 5 years ago now 😊

Female
2,406 posts

ida92 • 7 April 2023 at 2:01 AM

@megamisama90 mine is absolutely non-creative xD Ida is my name and 92 is the year I was born xD

My side @idosaurus is more creative - I love dinosaurs (never grew out of it, haha πŸ˜ƒ ) so my friends started calling me "Idosaurus" when I was about 16-17. It stuck til this day.

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 7 April 2023 at 3:15 AM

@dibabeebees I always thought it had something to do with bees.

@cranberrycat1 haha you just wanted to play xD

@chaotictreat That's a simple way, if not knowing what to pick. Not exactly what I thought. It felt like Halloween, your username. But BlurplePanda sounds so cute! 😸

@ida92 I thought so πŸ˜ƒ Idosaurus, that's so funny! ❀️

Female
328 posts

passionate • 7 April 2023 at 6:11 AM

@dibabeebees that is silly & wholesome in the face of a stressful situation i love it

hope u are well

Gender Nonconforming
228 posts

dibabeebees • 7 April 2023 at 9:29 AM

@passionate

I very much am, it's been 3 years since. Thank you :]

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 7 April 2023 at 4:29 PM

it's interesting reading about usernames lol I think I offered on one lot but I forgot which one lol

Female
464 posts

cageheart • 7 April 2023 at 6:43 PM

My username came from my love for the Warrior cats book series! I wanted to make my own Warrior OC and my favorite character in the series was a medicine cat, so I made a medicine cat named Cageheart! I don't remember exactly when or why I started using her name as a username, but I use it for pretty much everything now XD

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 8 April 2023 at 1:45 AM

@cageheart That's so cool! I've never read any of the books but I totally understand that. I used to make my own characters for Sailor Moon. It's really bad. I recently found one of my scribble notebooks. The younger me. Nope. xD

6 posts

megamisama90_side2 • 9 April 2023 at 1:29 AM

Winners have recieved their prizes. Congrats! I want to say thank you to everyone who participated. It was great reading your answers and finding out what meanings your usernames had behind them 😊