User Shop Restock

in Site Feedback & Ideas

do you think this would be useful?

Female
1,507 posts

froot • 8 April 2023 at 11:27 AM

THE ISSUE:
shop owners are unaware of what items have been bought from their shops, and therefore don't know what to restock.

PROPOSED SOLUTION:
that there be a log of sold items, similar to in auctions. listing the price of the item and the item that's been bought would be incredibly helpful, so that the shop could be restocked accordingly. (listing the buyer probably wouldn't be necessary.)

- - - - -

i am by no means a big shop owner, but i can imagine that this would be useful for those with lots of items up in their shops.

pinging some shop owners that come to mind, i sincerely apologise for the pings; i'd be incredibly grateful if you could let me know what you think of my idea! ❤️

@nut
@tryvegan4theanimals
@structuresfromsilence
@twinkle
@stormwarden
@annamade

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 8 April 2023 at 11:39 AM

@froot agreed!

Gender Fluid
1 post

annamade • 8 April 2023 at 11:43 AM

I do find it odd that I have no way of knowing what's sold...I think at least a log for each shop owner of their shop's activity would be a start.

I'm getting a fairly good idea of the items most in demand but I don't have the time to search all shops for each item before I list it. I don't suppose it would be possible to know more quickly how many of a certain item is already stocked in shops.

Female
1,507 posts

froot • 8 April 2023 at 11:47 AM

oh that's a really good idea! it would be so useful to see, for example, "[#] available in user shops" as small grey text next to a stocked item.

734 posts

nut • 8 April 2023 at 12:12 PM

absolutely agree ! it is impossibly hard to keep track of what i have or don’t have in my shop and this would help a lot!

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 8 April 2023 at 1:12 PM

YES PLEASE!!! *ahem*

I've resorted to taking screenshots of my shop whenever I add a lot to it at once, so I can compare to see what's missing (ie what's been bought). Most of the time when I add more than one or two items at a time it's 'extra' stuff that I'm not very interested in, which makes it very easy to completely forget what all was there when something is bought. I won't always restock it, depending on what I have left in my strongroom, but it really would be helpful to see what has been bought.

141 posts

stormwarden • 8 April 2023 at 11:13 PM

yes please!! i literally have to split-screen my desktop to ctrl+F my shop to see what i have in stock vs what's been bought so i can replace it. cutting out this step will help me save so much time and unnecessary clicking about

Female
1,742 posts

minnie298a • 8 April 2023 at 11:20 PM

I like the idea of a log of what's been bought and for how much. Don't care what so ever who made the purchase.

However I'm sure I've heard something about it taking up a fair chunk of server space to keep the records, so maybe having a time limit on it, eg records are only shown for the last couple of days or a week.

Female
1,304 posts

daisycat • 8 April 2023 at 11:36 PM

I love this idea!

When I first joined, I was surprised there isn't a "sales history" for the shops as there is for Neopets. It helps to know what sold and what you priced it at. On Neo, there is a button to manually clear your sales history to save space on the server. Though, it gets cleared automatically after some time.

Here's my Neopets sales history: https://ibb.co/K2J6VD0

(For some reason, that one asparagus smoothie sale has remained for almost ten years lol. I've never cleared my history because it eventually clears itself and I've had sales greater than 1k since then. So this smoothie be haunted.)

Female
1,319 posts

twinkle • 9 April 2023 at 12:07 AM

@froot A sales history would be super helpful in restocking!!
@ian needs to see this ;w;

87 posts

structuresfromsilence • 9 April 2023 at 9:15 AM

I like this idea, but I think a more important thing to fix would be to add galleries so people aren't selling quest items for 1,000,000 EC. I've had to fail so many quests because people want to showcase rare items.