(Accepted) Summer creature suggestion: The Capicoco

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
1,573 posts

isis • 29 April 2023 at 4:31 PM

Hello and welcome to my capybara #creaturesuggestion!

As capybaras are famously referred to as coconut doggies, I decided to make a coconut themed capybara. I think a summer release (july-august?) would be a potential good fit for this creature.

Image:

https://www.deviantart.com/isiseggcave/art/Capicoco-1001103742

(I apologize for the progressively more lacking shading lmao)

Creature description:

-About Capicoco eggs-

It's a coconut...with ears!? Probably best not to eat this one....

-About the Capicoco creature-

Capicocos are relaxed, happy-go-lucky creatures that enjoy nothing more than sleeping on the beach all day. They prefer to lounge in herds and rarely stray from their group. Their tails are similar to a palm tree, providing shade for themselves and others. Domesticated Capicocos will constantly follow their keeper around to protect them from the sun and keep them company. As the Capicoco matures, its tail will start growing fruits that look just like coconuts. But be wary: these are not for consumption! These Capicoco eggs, once fully ripened, will fall off the tail and rapidly develop further, the first sign being a pair of ears breaking through the shell. Capicocos are vulnerable in this state, and may become victim to other fruit-loving creatures. For this reason, adult Capicocos are always on the lookout for any potential stray eggs. Some have even been seen grooming regular coconuts, mistaking it for one of its own kind.

Additional comments

A few clarifications, on the off chance my concept gets chosen:

To EC staff, feel free to change the name or description if you wish!

To the artist: The ears and legs are white because they are supposed to resemble the inside of a coconut. They are sticking out through a crack in their body, so-to-speak (the zigzaggy lines I drew are not meant to be fur in those specific spots, rather the edge of a broken off shell, if that makes sense!)
The fur should have a coconut-like texture, so honestly, just about the same as a regular capybara 😃
In stage 3, the coconuts are still getting ripe, hence the green color. Feel free to change poses/make the tail shorter/smaller to make things fit better in your limited space.
As for the egg design, the placement of the holes/ears isn't set in stone and can be changed however works best, as long as those two key elements are present.

That's pretty much it! Hope you guys enjoy it and please don't hesitate to leave feedback! ❤️

Just a few tags (hope you guys don't mind!) @dragrawr @wonder404exe @sapphire12 @nut

Gender Nonconforming
229 posts

dibabeebees • 29 April 2023 at 4:37 PM

ADORABLE AMAZING I LOVE AND CHERISH IT

Female
521 posts

sapphire12 • 29 April 2023 at 4:39 PM

@isis CAH PY BA RA
capybara
capybara
capybara
capybara
capybara

Female
1,573 posts

isis • 29 April 2023 at 4:40 PM

@dibabeebees I'm glad!!!! 😊

@sapphire12 C A P Y

59 posts

mars • 29 April 2023 at 4:45 PM

@dawnfur
@kataclysm
@viviian
@mitch
@daisycat

Pinging some people to check it out too 😊

//this is sapphire12 i keep forgetting im on side lol oops

Female
1,307 posts

daisycat • 29 April 2023 at 4:53 PM

@isis
What an adorable creature! I adore the baby; your drawings are soo cute. 😸 Capybara fur really is coconut-like, so fitting and clever. I'd love to see this get made!

@sapphire12
Thank you for the ping! 😊

Female
1,573 posts

isis • 29 April 2023 at 4:59 PM

@daisycat Much appreciated! 😃

734 posts

nut • 29 April 2023 at 5:11 PM

big favorite!! would love to have one in my cove

Female
769 posts

dawnfur • 29 April 2023 at 5:30 PM

omg i love!!

Female
2,554 posts

dragrawr • 29 April 2023 at 6:27 PM

@isis SEE NOW THIS. THIS IS WHAT I NEED IN MY LIFE ISIS 💕💕💕💕

1,967 posts

opalquinze • 29 April 2023 at 7:11 PM

don't think EC has a capybara based creature, so seeing this becoming a real one would be pretty neat!

there's something slightly annoying me tho (it's just the egg stage), so i wanna know if you're ok with what i'll say (it's nothing too major, so you can ignore it if you don't agree)

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 29 April 2023 at 10:30 PM

@isis
OH MY GOD
CAPYBARA CAPYBARA CAVYFRAVABAVVSv
I love it 🥺🥺
I hope this becomes a reality, because we definitely need some capybaras here! : D
(Oh, forgot to say but, very creative as well 👌🏼)

Pings:
@Ian
@nightslayer300
@distorted
@dragonii

Female
1,573 posts

isis • 30 April 2023 at 1:26 AM

@opalquinze of course, do let me know, feedback is what this thread is for 😊

@shirothekittehlover right, I had the same thought! Was away from EC for so long only to come back to not a single capy creature 😔 I'm glad you like him!!

1,967 posts

opalquinze • 30 April 2023 at 2:05 AM

alright! the one thing that’s bothering me in the egg stage is the placement of the “holes”

they’re directing my attention towards the top (and not much at the bottom), which makes it seem the egg design is unbalanced in a way

it’s not much of a change, but maybe flipping the egg design a whole 180 would make it more balanced since now the “holes” seem like they flow a bit better with the other stages’ “hole” placement

this is just what i think, so you don’t have to agree with this minor change

Female
1,573 posts

isis • 30 April 2023 at 2:30 AM

@opalquinze I see what you mean yeah! It could be that flipping it the other way works a little better, I think in the end it's all up to how the site artist decides to draw it if it ever comes to that, I'll add a little comment about it in the post 😊

Female
1,933 posts

chaotictreat • 30 April 2023 at 2:54 AM

SO CUTE
Capybara creature would be so cool and I love the way you combined the capybara and coconut so seamlessly. I especially love the little detail of how the tail tree grows and ripens coconuts as it evolves!
I'd agree with OQ about the placement of the holes vs ears that it might be better the other way around, but it's fine as it is too 😊
Please let it become a real creature I am begging I want one in my cove ❤️-❤️

@ian are you seeing this

Female
1,511 posts

froot • 30 April 2023 at 3:09 AM

@isis
IT'S SO CUTE!!!! about time we had a capybara creature and this little guy would be the PERFECT debut.
chef's kiss.

@frosting @levine check this lil guy out!!!!!

Female
361 posts

frosting • 30 April 2023 at 4:02 AM

thanks @/froot for the ping!

@isis
ok i pull up hop out at the after party
this is so cute 😭😭 i'm honestly really surprised there hasn't been a capybara creature yet given how popular they are online lol

Female
547 posts

levine • 30 April 2023 at 7:03 AM

thanks froot for pinging!!!!

IT'S ACTUALLY SO CUTEEEEEEE ❤️ ❤️ ❤️
I LOVE IT!!!!

Female
328 posts

passionate • 30 April 2023 at 7:04 AM

adorable! stunning! wonderful!!!! i wouldnt change a thing ❤️

Demifluid
1,507 posts

wonder404exe • 30 April 2023 at 12:25 PM

@isis
OML JSUFAHKF
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH THATS SO CUTE 💕💕

Female
166 posts

vivian • 1 May 2023 at 8:01 AM

Oh wow, I absolutely love it!! Thank you so much for pinging me @mars , I would definitely love to have my own little Capicoco!!

pings: @kataclysm
@passionate

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 1 May 2023 at 8:05 AM

Thanks for the ping, Viv. This is such a cute concept. ✨

Male
85 posts

mitch • 1 May 2023 at 10:56 AM

It looks absolutely adorable! Love it!

Female
897 posts

mythisea • 1 May 2023 at 6:31 PM

I was just looking through creature suggestions for fun and saw this - I love it! Would like to see this get made into a creature for sure (:

Female
26 posts

xmar_27 • 3 May 2023 at 7:14 AM

Ohhh i love capybara's! I really like the combination with the coconut! very creative!

Female
93 posts

astralrebel • 3 May 2023 at 2:14 PM

Hiomg I love it; I need it.

Other
137 posts

pauloacacio • 10 May 2023 at 8:31 AM

Very very very nice creature!

321 posts

chihiro_sang • 10 May 2023 at 10:05 AM

I love this idea, a coconut capybara seems like a great summer creature.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 12 May 2023 at 4:03 PM

@isis chosen for June 2023!