Separate Voting Page

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Female
2,552 posts

dragrawr • 4 May 2023 at 11:06 AM

For a while me and many other users have been chatting about wishing the voting page for the rereleased creatures had its own page.

Upon clicking onto this page we would hope to be able to see the stages along with the name and be able to vote that way because searching the archives one by one is tedious. Especially with the list that will grow Year by year.

@daisycat @chaotictreat @nut

Female
1,303 posts

daisycat • 4 May 2023 at 11:37 AM

@dragrawr
Agree, this is a great idea! 😊 It will also help new players or returning players who may not be familiar with every species. Or, just anyone in general who can't remember all of them. It would also make comparison easier if you can't decide between two or three species.

Male
85 posts

mitch • 4 May 2023 at 11:42 AM

We definitely need this, as a new player who doesn't know all the creatures it's a lot of work to look each of them up in the archives to decide what to vote for

Female
1,930 posts

chaotictreat • 5 May 2023 at 2:11 AM

Absolutely agreed, there's a lot of less common older creatures that I don't know and I find myself looking up every single one to remind myself what they all look like. Would also solve issues such as accidentally clicking the close button on the voting thing (which I just did ;-; ) as you would have a set page that you could always navigate to. Great idea imo!

pings @dibabeebees @twinkle @sapphire12 @sulvas

Female
1,742 posts

minnie298a • 5 May 2023 at 2:18 AM

I like this idea. Save me flicking between pages working out which one I like the idea of best.

If not a page with pictures, then the names being linked to the archives.

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 5 May 2023 at 2:27 AM

YES please! So far I've recognized less than half the creatures in the rerelease voting lists, and had to spend a lot of time in the archives looking up so many creatures so I could vote responsibly. It really would be SO helpful to just have them all laid out on a separate page, or even just linking to each creature's archive page would help.

Gender Nonconforming
225 posts

dibabeebees • 5 May 2023 at 9:11 AM

The vic very much agrees, it's really confusing and I do not like having to memorize creatures to make voting easy.

97 posts

riceboysleeps • 5 May 2023 at 9:14 AM

this would be nice, yes :]

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 13 May 2023 at 9:45 AM

@dragrawr

I do hope this is implemented. What would make this even better would be including if the creature has been rereleased prior and then to take it one step further, have it so you can select your top three preferred rereleased creatures too.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 14 May 2023 at 1:19 PM

Adding my voice to those that would like to see a separate page for voting. Even if it had the list of names as hyperlinks it would make things easier!
To have the picture there to plus the release data would be superior!

@mastergemma
Do you mean select our top three like the page remember our choice while we're trying to decide, or our top three choices as votes?

Either way that would be neat/interesting.
(While deciding my list usually is no less than 10 though, and I have a hard time whittling 5 down to 3 or 2.)
If for voting, if we got to vote for multiple I'd like to see ranked choice implemented.
And if there were three slots, would people be able to only vote for 1 if there was really only one that they'd buy/want? (Some people may not want to use all the spaces.)

(I know this is all theoretical at this point. Just discussing : ) )

78 posts

kediset • 15 May 2023 at 10:38 AM

thiiis! (Although I'm too poor to pay the prices lol)