levine • 30 July 2023 at 6:58 AM

@okami

last minute entry to the art contest!
https://ibb.co/h721FDF i tried my best hehe
a painting yazan :> i was kinda inspired by your art booth description haha ^o^

1,964 posts

opalquinze • 30 July 2023 at 7:18 AM

@okami
said this already in a Cackamon raffle (didn’t win), so here you go!

my favorite memory here on EC was when the Gachamori got approved and made real last month!

(of course, i couldn’t have done it without the help of froot and dragrawr!)

Non-binary
1,413 posts

provo7demons • 30 July 2023 at 12:12 PM

@okami
Happy anniversary! If possible, could I get these two from Booth #3:
https://eggcave.com/egg/2731626
https://eggcave.com/egg/2670584

Female
1,303 posts

sartre • 30 July 2023 at 1:40 PM

@okami
Entering Booth #5, Day 7

I have a lot of favorite memories, but one of my favorite is when I was gifted a Leaf of Vaka from monsterprincess33. I was here for two years. I was struggling to keep my creatures alive, so I was saving up for a Leaf of Vaka, one day they messaged me. They said, please accept my gifts. So I gladly accepted, and I was shocked to see a Leaf of Vaka and Deena, I thank them so much and I was very happy they gifted it to me.

Female
1,143 posts

valorieviolet • 30 July 2023 at 4:57 PM

@okami

💖Booth #5: Day 7💖
One of my favorite EggCave memories has to be was when I won my Adiped from a joke telling contest! I can’t find the forum post with the original joke, but I remember it being short and straight to the point 😋

Female
2,715 posts

jlya • 30 July 2023 at 5:08 PM

@okami
Aw darn, I was right with Ravenclaw xD
Thanks again for your incredible generosity with these giveaways and all the creative booths. It's been fun ❤️

I've been here for 5 1/2 years and I'm so grateful for all the wonderful memories on this site. I've made so many friends here over the years ^^
It's so hard to pick a favorite memory, but one of my dearest moments was winning my Gobbler, Draft, in a giveaway only 16 days after I joined Eggcave ❤️ I had no idea how lucky I was back then, haha. Still amazed every day 😃

Female
909 posts

icecream • 30 July 2023 at 7:49 PM

@okami
I want to enter the raffle.
My favorite memory was when I got my Flaren, Myu. It was the first rare creature I traded for and I was so happy ^^

Demifluid
1,504 posts

wonder404exe • 30 July 2023 at 8:56 PM

@okami
hmm favorite? I honestly dont have a favorite of anything
ill just name (some of) my unforgettable one(s)
Let me think.. birthdays... events... trades... auctions... friends... holidays..
ugh
just too many!!
but... when the gachamori was announced i got so happi 🥹 i was literally screaming lol such cute lil gecko
opalquinze, froot, dragrawr WOOHOO!! ❤️

@/heatherm19 first CC travel?!! I just remembered when I got my first CC lol
i got 100CC from trading with an old returning player
they are inactive now (as in they like never logged on ;m;) I got so happy oml i still remember their user
[i traded them a shenxiao and ehh something else i forgot and they traded me this guy]

Old player..
OH I just remebered someone as well 🥹🥹
they magically "come back" (i never saw them online [with green user] after the hiatus and they turned their "last seen" off)
when ever new VEND comes
or in another words VEND creatures just magically appear in their cove lmao

Oh wait... inactive...
ugh i still remember this sad forum
dont know if i can still link it 3

so many memories...

Female
2,552 posts

dragrawr • 30 July 2023 at 9:02 PM

My favorite memory is my first Halloween contest, the asteroid event for the first time, and meeting my friend Sophie on here. As well as each and every suggestion getting released 💕💕 @okami

Here’s my art contest entry : https://ibb.co/V2NQhQ2

Hope you like it 😭💕

Female
760 posts

okami • 31 July 2023 at 12:39 AM

Booth #5: Day 7 Results

It was lovely reading all of your memories ❤️ The randomizer chose @icecream as the winner, congrats!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️Booth #5 is now closed, but the art contest, creature giveaway, and item booth are still open through the end of the day (7/31)! Thank you all for participating!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

@levine @dragrawr
Added your art contest entries! Refraining from making comments until the contest is decided, but they're both wonderful 😊

@provo7demons
Sending the creatures to you shortly~

Female
909 posts

icecream • 31 July 2023 at 3:11 AM

@okami
Thank you so much! 😊

Female
760 posts

okami • 1 August 2023 at 12:07 AM

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️My apologies- the day completely got away from me, so I will be deciding the art contest results tomorrow (8/1). Sorry for any inconvenience!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

7 posts

pidge • 1 August 2023 at 11:24 PM

The Art Contest Results

Thank you everyone for participating in the art contest! I really enjoyed looking at each piece of artwork, and I really wish I had more to give out! ;-; This has been such a wonderful experience though, once I’m a bit better off in the future I’d really love to host another one. I absolutely loved every single piece that was submitted, and they have really helped to make my 10th anniversary feel more special. Thank you all~

1st Place (500cc): @Daisycat

2nd Place (250cc): @Opalquinze

3rd Place (100cc): @Frosting

4th-8th Place (50cc each): [listed in no particular placement order!] @Valorieviolet, @Twinkle, @Dragrawr, @Sartre, @Levine

🎵・゚:* *✧*✧・゚:* 🎵✧・゚:*✧・゚:*✧ 🎵・゚:* *✧・゚:*✧ 🎵・゚:*✧・゚:*✧・゚: 🎵* *✧・゚:*✧・゚:*✧・ 🎵
Individual Artwork Comments (in alphabetical order):

• Daisycat (Keychain Collection): ibb.co/SVY5YVV , youtube.com/shorts/I-VvC51OJkY
Wow! I didn’t expect anyone to incorporate every single creature I listed (I just wanted to give variety), but you not only did that- you also created innovative items inspired by each creature in the form of a keychain! Every single item description sounds absolutely scrumptious and has SO much thought put into them. And every time I look at the image/video I notice more new details! ;-; The texture on the Autillo Ice Cream Cone, the wings on the Kambing Doughnut, the way that the inky tail end on the Yazan Cake Roll turns to gray as it blends into the white. They’re all just lovely ❤️

•Dragrawr (Yamamagan Painting): https://ibb.co/V2NQhQ2
Ahhhh, Skyez!! ❤️ I love that you drew him and his majestic-ness, and his big scarf is such a nice feature!! I’ve never seen a happier Yamamagan, it’s truly fitting for a 10 year anniversary~

•Frosting (Sitting Clocat Drawing): https://ibb.co/G2mbhFF
I love how soft your art style is! The easy colors, the gentle ‘pencil’ strokes, the light background, the scruffy chest fur, the content eyes. ❤️ I’ve also never seen a Clocat drawn in that pose before, I cannot get enough of how peaceful it looks. I love all the current Clocat stages, but dang do I wish that another stage could be added in this exact pose! ❤️

• Levine (Yazan Painting): https://ibb.co/h721FDF
I love how you took inspiration from my little booth description! ❤️ I thought it was great that your Yazan has green ink in their tail instead of the default black- I like to imagine that Yazans can change their ink color. It’s an especially nice detail since the shade of green matches what is on the easel~

•Opalquinze (Yamamagan Drawing): https://ibb.co/ZGcXhsJ
Your Yamamagan looks fierce!! *o* I don’t think it looks too horse-like at all, the proportions are perfect and there is so much movement in the piece. The fire (at least I assume it’s fire?) surrounding the Yamamagan also compliments its coloring so well. 😊 It’d definitely be an intimidating sight to see that in the dead of night!

•Sartre (Yazan On A Book): https://i.ibb.co/bgG4b2c/IMG-2228.jpg
Your Yazan looks completely at home on top of that book! I really like how you depicted the teen stage in your drawing, and you got its tail drawn perfectly!

•Twinkle (Adult Clocat Drawing): https://i.imgur.com/DzZyrIF.png
I absolutely love the gleeful expression on your Clocat’s face! I think that big “ 😸 “ smile is my favorite part, but I can’t decide between that and the eyes! The quote is so lovely and inspirational, and it really fits the sky-like background that the Clocat seems to be falling through~

•valorieviolet (Yazan Drawing): https://ibb.co/9gmwntM
Your Yazan is utterly adorable! *o* The little twinkle in its eyes, the boopable snoot, little feetsies and ears~ I also love how cutely pudgy it is, I can never get enough of the creatures with stout little bodies 😊

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 1 August 2023 at 11:40 PM

I loved looking through all the artwork. We have such creative people around here and it was so fun seeing all the different styles! ^^

@okami, thank you so much for hosting this whole event. It was as much fun reading the other entries as it was participating! : D

(Just wish my brain wasn't an absolute mess so I could have contributed more overall. I had really wanted to write a poem for the art portion. And hopefully I can get you some recipes soon. Might be a couple months now tho, the person i need to consult has some major family issues going on.)

1,964 posts

opalquinze • 1 August 2023 at 11:43 PM

@okami
eyy, 2nd place ain’t bad! glad you liked how the Yamamagan piece came out in my style! i had a really hard time trying to get the proportions right (cuz i was aiming for a bit of perspective on certain body parts, but it didn’t come out as great like i thought) and yeah, that is indeed fire (not that great at drawing fire either, but i tried)

ty for hosting this! i don’t have any other words other than hoping your future anniversaries will be as wonderful like this one!

Female
1,303 posts

sartre • 2 August 2023 at 1:27 AM

@okami
Thank you so much for the contest, and the creatures item and 50cc, this has been fun and I’m happy you like my drawing, that’s why I picked the teen stage because of the cute bushy tail.

Female
2,715 posts

jlya • 2 August 2023 at 12:17 PM

Yay, congrats everyone!!! Amazing artwork as always ❤️ I love the top three especially, look at that adorable snoot on the Clocat~❤️

This has been such a wonderful contest @okami, thanks for hosting! ^^

Female
1,143 posts

valorieviolet • 2 August 2023 at 12:28 PM

@okami

I noticed that for 4th - 8th place, there are only 4 winners listed, where there should technically be 5 winners. I know that's super confusing (since 8-4=4) so naturally you would think you only need to choose 4 names, BUT when you list it out, there's actually slots for 5 people. It's weird and hurts my brain, but I just wanted to point it out (totally not because I'd be the 8th person or anything ahah...)

4th - @/user1
5th - @/user2
6th - @/user3
7th - @/user4
8th - @/user5

But other than that! Thank you so much for the kind words on my Yazan drawing ❤️
And thank you for hosting a whole week of activities for us to participate in! I had a lot of fun and enjoyed reading everyone's posts 😊

Female
760 posts

okami • 2 August 2023 at 12:52 PM

@snowywinter
Of course! 😊 And no worries, there will always be future things to participate in~ I'll take recipes anytime you get them, even if it's months from now x3

@opalquinze @sartre @jlya
Of course, thank you for participating!

@valorieviolet
THANK YOU for calling me out on that! I've contacted you, but my apologies again, I'm awful with numbers and am running on very little sleep. x-x

Female
1,482 posts

romanjr370 • 2 August 2023 at 12:55 PM

Thank okami so much for this wonderful give away ❤️!
And congratulations to all the winners 🏆 👏 🎉🎊🥳🎉!!!

Female
909 posts

icecream • 2 August 2023 at 1:32 PM

Congrats to the winners and thank you @okami for this giveaway 😊

Female
2,552 posts

dragrawr • 2 August 2023 at 3:04 PM

@okami thankyou so much !! The drawing was very quickly made since I was busy making 82 full illustrations this month, and that was made mid art block 🥹 so I appreciate the opportunity so much 😭💕

Female
361 posts

frosting • 3 August 2023 at 5:05 AM

@okami ayo nice! glad you liked the clocat, i had a lot of fun drawing (and especially colouring) it 🩷
thanks for hosting this ^^ i may or may not be stealing saving some of those recipes for future reference..

Female
897 posts

mythisea • 3 August 2023 at 9:46 AM

@okami Thank you so much for hosting all this! The series of events was really fun to participate in and/or watch 😊

I also loved looking at the artwork - thank you artists for sharing your work with us!!

Female
760 posts

okami • 3 August 2023 at 3:12 PM

@romanjr370 @icecream @mythisea
Of course, and thank you all for participating! ❤️

@dragrawr
Psshhhhh, you call that a mid-artblock drawing? o_o It's so good though, there's no way ❤️

@frosting
Of course! Lol, I'm also looking forward to trying out those recipes once I'm done dogsitting x3

Female
547 posts

levine • 5 August 2023 at 8:09 PM

@okami
sorry I'm a bit late to say this, but THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR HOSTING THIS EVENT!! It was super fun, and I had so much fun drawing my yazan!! also same here I thought it would be really cool if yazans could change the colour of their ink 😂
again thanks so much for hosting this! ❤️

Female
1,303 posts

daisycat • 5 August 2023 at 10:32 PM

@okami
:,) Omg thank you so so much!! I really appreciate this!! ❤️ Thank you for creating this contest, I loved looking at all the participants' skilled pieces, everyone did a fabulous job! And I had so much fun getting inspired by all of your favorite creatures. 😊