Site Trivia #3878 (Aug 16th)

in Problems & Bugs

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 17 August 2023 at 12:09 AM

reward answer wrong
Should be True, not False

(and I'm still upset about not getting compensated for last time. We shouldn't have to each submit a ticket over this; whatever happened to site-wide compensation/notification to all the players that got the answer correct?)

Female
2,950 posts

heatherm19 • 17 August 2023 at 12:12 AM

@snowywinter I just update the ticket I sent in with the new issue. Are you sure you didn't get the 10k last time? I assumed everyone did, when Ian responded to my ticket an said the ec had been added to my account.
@Ian?

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 17 August 2023 at 12:19 AM

@heatherm19
It is *possible* it happened while I was feeding, but at no other time during those days was there a random uptick in my EC, and I never received notice of the correction (usually there is a notice.)

I hadn't sent in a ticket last time (I did today,) because it was so late in the day that I figured they had already been bombarded with enough tickets. (and in the past Eggcave has been really good about compensation.) (The way 2023 has been though I should have listened to the tiny voice in the back of my mind saying I should send one in anyhow.)

Female
1,749 posts

minnie298a • 17 August 2023 at 1:11 AM

@snowywinter @heatherm19
I didn't send in a ticket last time, but I think I might this time. Last time I wasn't overly concerned about the ec and also thought others have sent in tickets. I didn't get a notification about the 10k being added so if it was it was done silently and I didn't notice (feeding, auctions finishing, trading, buying stuff, I don't keep to much track of my on hand ec).

Interesting note - The question was about the same creature, the Bemiee. May be a connection, maybe crazy coincidence.

Female
114 posts

pooh • 17 August 2023 at 3:32 AM

@snowywinter I've noticed the "wrong answer" notification (that can't be wrong cuz I've copied it right from the Archives 😋). What ticket do you mean?

Female
1,749 posts

minnie298a • 17 August 2023 at 4:57 AM

@pooh
You can create a ticket via the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. Or here - https://eggcave.com/contact

Female
114 posts

pooh • 17 August 2023 at 5:03 AM

@minnie298a thanx 😊

Edit: @snowywinter @heatherm19 @minnie298a Made a ticket. Hope it helps.

Female
1,749 posts

minnie298a • 17 August 2023 at 5:40 AM

@pooh
I've submitted one this time as well, mainly due to how soon it had happened again.

I will admit it took me way to long to work out how to do it myself. Apparently it's been 5 years since I've had a problem big enough to report that way.

Female
900 posts

mythisea • 17 August 2023 at 7:26 AM

There's also an interesting coincidence here - it's the same species mentioned in the two questions that are mis-answered (Bemiee.) I wonder if there's some issue on the backend about pulling information for that species?

78 posts

kediset • 17 August 2023 at 9:44 AM

OHHHH so that's what happened last time.. I thought maybe I read question right, read wrong stat, and got it wrong (memory like a sift sometimes). I'm amused, but also annoyed cause that's 10k down the drain D; Also that poor lone soul who was the only "correct" one ^^;

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 17 August 2023 at 10:45 AM

I have let Ian know that this happened again. Hopefully this time whatever went wrong gets fixed and proper compensation happens.

Male
1,991 posts

Ian • 17 August 2023 at 1:50 PM

Fixed! Site blog announcement incoming.

Non-binary
2,798 posts

snowywinter • 17 August 2023 at 2:18 PM

wow... reading back my initial post it comes across WAY grumpier than I felt at the time. (This is why I avoid posting late at night >.<)

Thank you to staff for quick and satisfactory solutions this time around ! ❤️

- - - -

@minnie298a I remember before it was said that these are all entered in by hand. but if there is an automation aspect it would be interesting to know what happened. I was thinking another possibility has to do with some month back when Ian switched over all the Archives to not have any duplicates. ...but I thought the discrepancies between that and Site Trivia had all been ironed out. *shrug emoji*
(I'm *usually* chill about it when ST has an error.)

It was interesting that both wrong answers this time had to do with the same creature. (Thanks to both you and @mythisea for pointing that out ^^ )

Thanks for replying to Pooh! (time zone differences... yay)

@pooh In the 2+ years I've been on the site there's only been the Corrected Site Trivia notice a handful of times. (1- have to remember to play it that day; 2 someone has to notice there was a mistake and contact staff about it, there seems to be a lot more people playing it now than when I joined; and 3 - then staff has to correct it & send out the notice.)

@kediset I've put in some doozies of answers before. I've never been wired for True/False... "no brain, NO it is not fill in the blank." (Word of warning for the easily confused: Having the technically correct answer does not equate the winning answer >.<) I've even accidentally typed in the species name when it was asking for weight/height : P ...I'm even worse though with numbers and transposing them; I have to have tabs side by side.
(I was actually happy to see it was *only* one person that got it wrong this time... I've seen some pretty high numbers in the double digits for True/False when the Site had it correct... o.O It always made me wonder... do a lot of people just like guessing? It's not like it takes that long to check the Archive.)

Female
1,749 posts

minnie298a • 17 August 2023 at 7:15 PM

@snowywinter
I like to guess as I'm looking up the answer. Some I can tell are false just on the amount of numbers (normally isn't more than 2 after the decimal). However I still check. Even when I *know* for certain the answer eg the Yeep is found at the cave, I'll double check. If I still get it wrong it's because I clicked the wrong answer in the autofill drop down.

This time I knew I had put the right answer in.

Anyway what ever happened has been officially looked into, so YAY!!! Hopefully it will stop it happening again for a while.