Winter Creature Suggestion-The Astrim

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
138 posts

xiaomixiaoling • 8 December 2023 at 2:09 AM

Me and @boba were thinking to make a little cute dog from our ideas, so we came up with this:
Space + Dreamy + π·π‘œπ‘” = Astrim
It’s a little cute space dog!
𝔸𝕣π•₯(𝑏𝑦 π‘šπ‘’ and @boba):
all stages: https://ibb.co/4JvqCZ1

π”»π•–π•€π•”π•£π•šπ•‘π•₯π•šπ• π•Ÿ (𝑏𝑦 me):
𝔸𝕓𝕠𝕦π•₯ 𝔸𝕀π•₯π•£π•šπ•ž π”Όπ•˜π•˜π•€: The Astrim eggs, protected by a mother, will light up in the darkness, but only the ones who have a good heart can see it… If a person who doesn’t see the light finds the egg, the mother can fend him/her off. Moreover, the bad hearted will stumble across bad luck for the rest of their life if they ever try to steal an Astrim egg as payment.

𝔸𝕓𝕠𝕦π•₯ 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔸𝕀π•₯π•£π•šπ•ž: When the Astrim hatches, it will start generating a star to give to the owner. When it is older, it will start to grow wings, a tail, and cause little galaxies and planets to show up around them. When it is old enough, it might outlive the owner, and in that case, it will go into the wilderness to repeat the cycle. When their egg is given away to another owner, it will fade away into a star. There are rare occasions where they become shooting stars, in which they are reborn, and where the Astrim will grow in the wilderness naturally, and in that cycle, they will explore the world. They are more likely to avoid cities and crowded places.

Also, the art might be a little overboard, so feel free to list suggestions about what you think we could improve!
π»π‘œπ‘π‘’ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’ π‘™π‘–π‘˜π‘’ me and @boba’s 𝑙𝑖𝑑𝑑𝑙𝑒 space π‘‘π‘œg! (γ₯q◕‿‿◕q)γ₯

#creaturesuggestion

Female
2,554 posts

dragrawr • 8 December 2023 at 2:55 AM

@xiaomixiaoling This is such a cutie patootie you guys!! @boba

I think the only thing I would change is the last stage, the wing is a bit big!! Eggcave creatures are in 90x90 pixel squares, so everything's gotta fit in a square. I think the planet its looking at should be closer to its body, and maybe make the wing smaller. I think its super duper cute tho 😸 I love love the second stage.

I enjoy darker colors/themes during Winter so I endorse this

1,967 posts

opalquinze • 8 December 2023 at 2:11 PM

@xiaomixiaoling

i agree with what dragrawr said, wing on last stage is definitely too big to be within the 90x90 space

not sure if both of you are willing to hear my inputs on the last stage, but if so, then here’s 2 of β€˜em i think would help out:

if you don’t wanna change the wing size for emphasis (as in, small dog with big wing), then i suggest either a) have the wing curl up and cover up most of the body (leaving the head sticking out) or b) shift the wing more above the body to where it looks like an β€œumbrella” (similar to the Balarfruita’s stages, if you get what i’m saying) so that it would fit more within the dimensions

you don’t have to take my critique if it doesn’t fit in with what you had in mind, so feel free to change it however you like! the design’s very cute!

Female
138 posts

xiaomixiaoling • 8 December 2023 at 11:36 PM

Okay, I will try to make the wing smaller! Thank you for your suggestions, @opalquinze and @dragrawr!

321 posts

chihiro_sang • 9 December 2023 at 12:13 AM

Cool, it's kind of a more grounded astreaven.

Female
388 posts

cryogenics • 11 December 2023 at 3:33 AM

i get a bad gateway when i try to view the link ☹️

Female
1,243 posts

senkou • 11 December 2023 at 10:11 AM

@xiaomixiaoling @boba
omg i absolutely LOVE ;-;❀️❀️ the colourways are so pretty and the pastels compliment the grey so well. while i do agree about the wings being too big for the img format, i do love the idea of a big wing;body ratio for the last stage. it would add a majestic fantasy look that a barely see on eggcave and rlly wanna see more of (usually pets have smaller/more realistic wing sizes lol). rooting for it in jan possibly? @ian

Female
519 posts

boba • 11 December 2023 at 6:18 PM

@cryogenics
Uh oh.. πŸ˜• I’ll post another one, see if it works!
@senkou
Thank you so much! 😊 @/xiaomixiaoling shrunk the last stage bit, I think she’ll post it soon? I’ll call her and give her a little reminder. ^^

Female
138 posts

xiaomixiaoling • 6 February 2024 at 6:22 PM

Made a tiny little change on the wings, and uploaded new one.
Some pings! (Pm me if you want me to stop, and I’ll stop! Thank you)
@daisycat
@megamisama90
@boba

Female
519 posts

boba • 6 February 2024 at 8:39 PM

@xiaomixiaoling
Im sorry but Im the co-creator? No need to ping me. 😁

Female
138 posts

xiaomixiaoling • 7 February 2024 at 2:22 AM

Oh, okay! πŸ‘πŸ» just tryna ping people that I chat with, and know a little better than others. ^^

Female
376 posts

megamisama90 • 7 February 2024 at 2:31 PM

@xiaomixiaoling and @boba

Aww what a cutie ❀️ and I do like the description too. Liking the soft colors. 😊

Female
464 posts

cageheart • 15 February 2024 at 8:35 PM

This is so awesome!!! I hope it get's made into a creature ❀️ ❀️ ❀️

321 posts

chihiro_sang • 17 February 2024 at 12:28 AM

Glad to see this one again, hope it gets made.

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 17 February 2024 at 3:11 AM

@xiaomixiaoling
cute puppy ❀️