Creature Collab: Irresistor ๐Ÿ”‹โšก

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 12 January 2024 at 12:34 PM

Introducing the Irresistor ๐Ÿ”‹โšก

@matcha had the idea for a computer chip creature with additional components for the other stages.
We'd like you to meet the Irresistor, a series of components found on a circuit board! The evolution features a cute capacitor egg, an irresistible resistor, a teenage transistor, and a compact computer chip. Matcha had the idea and I drew the art and wrote the description.

Artwork of the Irresistor ๐Ÿ”‹โšก
https://ibb.co/SKX3G1C
I went digital this time! Appropriate, no?

About Irresistor Eggs ๐Ÿ”‹โšก
This egg looks like it has a lot of potential...

About the Irresistor Creature ๐Ÿ”‹โšก
The Irresistor is a cute but sneaky little computer bug that makes its home in the electronics of Ark citizens. When the capacitor egg reaches its full capacity, it combusts into an irresistible resistor. Slinking around the circuit board, the baby resistor causes other components to slow down and ogle at their cuteness. Soon, the resistor grows into an angsty transistor teen, working its hardest to change the minds of other components in any and all electronics. The transistor will mischievously alter their values, whilst running away giggling. Once matured, the sharp-witted computer chip Irresistor is capable of accomplishing many things, but only does so when appropriate or desired. A properly connected Irresistor makes an excellent addition to your electronics, just be cautious during those transistor times.

Irresistor Name Origin, Pronunciation, and Alternatives ๐Ÿ”‹โšก
Irresistor: Irresistible + Resistor (ear-ee-ZISS-ter / eerie-ZISS-ter)
Alternative Names, If Preferred:
Ceeby / Seeby: Circuit Board (SEE-bee)
Deecy: Direct Current (DEE-see)
Repacitor: Resistor + Capacitor + Transistor (ree-pass-SIH-ter)
Microtera: Micro (Greek for small) + Tera (Greek for monster) (prefixes used in electronics)
Nanotera: Nano (Greek for dwarf] + Tera (Greek for monster) (prefixes used in electronics)

Irresistor Details ๐Ÿ”‹โšก
Weight: 0.005 kg
Height: 0.002 m
Gender Profile: Standard or Non-Binary
Habitat: Ark City
Obtained From: Cash Shop or Cave

Irresistor Evolution ๐Ÿ”‹โšก
Baby: 220 Clicks
Teen: 547 Clicks
Adult: 959 Clicks

โ€ข 220: Common resistor value. A resistor limits the electrical current that flows through a circuit, like a dimming light switch.
โ€ข 547: Common transistor part number. A transistor changes current, like when you turn the volume up or down.
โ€ข 959: The computer chip (I.C., integrated circuit) was invented in 1959.

Notes ๐Ÿ”‹โšก
โ€ข Fun Fact: The different eye colors on the resistor baby stage represent Matcha and Myself. :,)
โ€ข If chosen, please don't change the order of evolutions. They are in this order because it's literally what's logical and true lol.
โ€ข We prefer the name Irresistor, but there are a few alternatives.
โ€ข This design is supposed to be simple with basic, straight-forward shapes.
โ€ข The leads (legs) on the capacitor egg stage are supposed to be different lengths. The shorter lead must be under the black stripe, indicating negative. The longer lead indicates positive.

โŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽโŽ

Thank you for checking out our (hopefully) irresistible Irresistor!
Please feel free to ping others if you think they'd be interested. ^^
I feel like an annoying bother pinging on creature suggestions. :,)

Female
930 posts

shirothekittehlover • 12 January 2024 at 12:53 PM

@daisycat @matcha
haha first /lh
Anyway, such a brilliant concept with a very cute n simple design : D
Love the detail you put into the evo stats!
I'm currently learning some stuff about computer science, and this critter, combined w/ the cuteness, makes me want to take one home ;u;
โšกโšกโšก/10!

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 12 January 2024 at 2:43 PM

@shirothekittehlover
Thank you Shiro, so glad you like it! That's awesome that you're learning about computer science. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Female
1,732 posts

lexicon • 12 January 2024 at 2:55 PM

@daisycat computer BUG ๐Ÿ› IS SO CLEVER. I LOVE THEM.

Male
95 posts

matcha • 12 January 2024 at 2:56 PM

@shirothekittehlover
3 lightning bolts out of 3628800??

Thank you for the compliments ๐Ÿ˜Š

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 12 January 2024 at 2:56 PM

Just look at the cuteness of that last stage though โค๏ธ I really like the names Microtera or Ceeby personally ^^

Male
95 posts

matcha • 12 January 2024 at 3:03 PM

@lexicon funny enough, one of the first computer bugs was caused by an actual bug, when a moth got caught in a relay

Female
1,732 posts

lexicon • 12 January 2024 at 3:07 PM

@matcha oh my!! ...i hope the moth was okay but i won't think too much of it *hides my lumestelcis*

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 12 January 2024 at 3:08 PM

@lexicon
I've got bad news... ๐Ÿ’€

Female
1,732 posts

lexicon • 12 January 2024 at 3:10 PM

๐Ÿฅฒ๐Ÿฅฒ๐Ÿฅฒ rip unnamed moth who died for our sins

Male
95 posts

matcha • 12 January 2024 at 3:13 PM

@jlya the last stage was the original idea, since ICs already look like little bugs ๐Ÿ˜Š

Female
2,718 posts

jlya • 12 January 2024 at 3:46 PM

@lexicon xDDD I didn't know that about computer bugs. Moment of silence.

@matcha I love it! I'd love to see this critter in with a cyber/tech themed month. ^^

Female
2,554 posts

dragrawr • 12 January 2024 at 5:25 PM

@daisycat hi thanks ill need 1,000 @matcha you guys this is great

Id say this would make a wonderful "april fools" creature but thats just because its an object guy :> or a random month~ ! I love this design soooo much โค๏ธ

I think its a Lumestelcis murderer though

@redflipflap
@thedarkarcher
@sinthr
@wonder404exe

Female
395 posts

redflipflap • 12 January 2024 at 5:32 PM

TECH BUG TECH BUG TECH BUG TECH BUG TECH BUG TECH BUG TECH BUG TECH BUG TECH BUG

Female
930 posts

shirothekittehlover • 12 January 2024 at 7:12 PM

@daisycat
Any form of science is cool, really แ ( แ› )แŸ
@matcha
Today I learned (I honestly didn't know that- rip random moth, you contributed smth important to the tech world :'D)

321 posts

chihiro_sang • 13 January 2024 at 12:14 AM

It's a cute idea for a tech or glitch month.

Deleted • 13 January 2024 at 1:45 AM

Thanks for the ping, I love seeing new creature(s) concepts. ๐Ÿ‘Œ

I'll start saying seeing this concept make me go down memory lane... when I was a kid my brother would love to fiddle with different kind of machines and stuff, opening them up to see how they worked or to fix them. I remember seeing chips and components very similar to the Irresistor' evolution stages back then, and I actually loved to touch some parts because there were also squishy components (my brother had often to chase me away lool).

Apart from me being a weird kid back then, I really enjoy this creature's concept, it is very cute, unique and most of it, would go amazingly with one of our many cyber-related travels! ๐Ÿ‘€ I'd really love to see it made into a reality (cyber / tech month theme sounds awesome), hopefully @Ian will give it a thought! Great job and effort with it, you guys! I love the fact small details such as the eyes mean you put a little bit of yourself in the creature as well, it's just so adorable! >////<

Female
2,224 posts

ashlinnhi • 13 January 2024 at 4:22 AM

@daisycat @matcha this is such a fun and unique concept!! i LOVE all the detail in the description - really paints a great picture of this little creature's personality, and the art is real neat too โค๏ธ

Male
95 posts

matcha • 13 January 2024 at 10:46 AM

@dragrawr Don't worry! Electronics are a lot smaller now and relays are usually well sealed! Should be 100% moth safe ๐Ÿ˜Š

@redflipflap BUG TECH

@chihiro_sang thank you!

@sinthr when I was a kid, I was intimidated and scared of electronics. Just seemed impossible to understand and I was terrified of getting shocked. Fear eventually turned into fascination and interest, and now my job is working in electronics. Funny how that turned hehe but I'm still terrified of getting shocked lol

@ashlinnhi thank you! Daisy did an amazing job ๐Ÿ˜Š โค๏ธ

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 13 January 2024 at 11:00 AM

Thank you everyone for the sweet comments!! Matcha and I really appreciate it! โค๏ธ

While we had a Digital and Cyberpunk month back in August, and digital makes sense, this creature is more of a Tech / Electric month for sure! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Female
2,934 posts

heatherm19 • 13 January 2024 at 11:10 AM

@daisycat @matcha Just.. It's just... Why is a computer bug so flipping cute?? It's happy, with that little smile. And for some reason the teen stage seems to stare straight into my soul and I want to cuddle it. I really like the description, the different stage's different personalities.

1,629 posts

icecloud101 • 14 January 2024 at 11:36 AM

this is so adorable! i love how you used components of a circuit board as different stages of evolution and made it similar to tiny bugs. i also really love the use of different colors and shapes to show the personalities of each stage! i think irresistor and ceeby are the cutest names on the list ๐Ÿ˜Š

Female
1,306 posts

daisycat • 14 January 2024 at 11:40 AM

@heatherm19 @icecloud101
Thank you both for the sweet comments!! I'm so glad you enjoy this! โค๏ธ

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 15 January 2024 at 3:14 AM

@daisycat
oh thats a cool one i hope it gets made ๐Ÿ˜Š

Female
1,306 posts