✨ New Forum Section: User Journals

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Deleted • 16 January 2024 at 4:02 PM

I couldn't resist suggesting this, sorry (not sorry)! 🥲

I was thinking it would be nice to have a space in which we users could write about our own cove lore, about us and our creatures, etc etc (some people don't like to have a very long profile or pet profile), like a journal to write down progress about our goals or creatures obtained or anything else - a place in which we could double post (with sides perhaps?) and in which only us could post (so If person A creates their own journal, only them can post)! As a person who loves to write myself, I'd be thrilled about such a feature and I think it would also be a great way to stimulate creativity and writing.

To avoid spam and being a "special section", the Journal Section should have some rules as well (= writing meaningful posts only, and not just one-words spam posts) and posts made in there SHOULDN'T appear in the "latest topics" part of the site (because they'd be spaces for individuals and not chats or groups).

I thought about this idea because I was thinking I'd really enjoy having a space in which writing my EC daily adventures and stuff. >/////< I'm really hoping @Ian will take this into consideration If many people like the idea, so please If you'd like such a space, feel free to comment and ping your friend(s) in (I'm avoiding pinging to not bother everyone lool). 🙏✨

A little edit: @lexicon & @megamisama90 suggested something like the site blog's comments section (but that only we can write on and without character limit, like the forums) and something linked to our own profile (maybe near the vacant white space near user shops? Hint hint). It could also be toggled private (for the user's view only) or public (for others to read and see). It would be so amazing to have our own, personal little blog!

Female
391 posts

redflipflap • 19 January 2024 at 9:58 AM

I think this would be a cool thing to have! I know some folks that would KILL to right lore about their coves, esp those with themes, and then also just want another place to add more info about themselves!! cool idea!

Pings:
@shirothekittehlover
@wonder404exe
@provo7demons
@pipkitten

Deleted • 19 January 2024 at 10:03 AM

Thank you very much for the support (and for pinging some people in)! Happy you like the idea, I also think it would be super nice, like having a mini personal EC blog about your various EC stuff. >//////<

Non-binary
1,392 posts

provo7demons • 19 January 2024 at 10:13 AM

@sinthr Ooh, this would be really cool! It would definitely help motivate me to finally write some lore about my cove, and it would be fun to just log my daily adventures 😃

Deleted • 19 January 2024 at 10:36 AM

Thanks for your input on this. I'd have fun too in reading other people's cove lore for sure. Sometimes it's hard to keep it together various parts on it in pet profiles etc etc. 😊

Female
2,544 posts

dragrawr • 22 January 2024 at 11:57 PM

@sinthr A thousand times yes. I want people to read up on #dragrawrscreature or #dragrawrscreatures idk whcih one- without using the # !!! I would LOVE to do this

I'm sure @daisycat would too since shes a beautiful writer.

Deleted • 23 January 2024 at 3:53 AM

Ahhh thank you very much @dragrawr, I'm so happy you like this idea too! ❤️ Also thank you very much for pinging in a friend, really crossing my fingers about this one...!

@lexicon
@megamisama90
...maybe you like to take a look at this, too? 🙏 Pinging you because you're a friend but hope I'm not bothering you guys (let me know If I am)!

Female
371 posts

megamisama90 • 23 January 2024 at 5:33 AM

So if I understood it right it would be on the Forums? Not sure if I'd use it but wouldn't be against it either. 😊 Not really the same thing if I understood this right but I'd like to have this personal hidden from others like a "journal" on the side, like connecting to the green box where our username, EC/CC, creatures are, where we could write down important stuff we like to keep for our own info. Like remember this this trade or name this creature and freeze this one. 'Cause now I have those on separate memo outside of EggCave.

Deleted • 23 January 2024 at 5:45 AM

@megamisama90 thanks for your input! ❤️

Nono, it wouldn't be hidden from other users (to keep track of things and trades, one can always send a PM to themselves) but a space for users to post about their cove lore / write stories about that, info about themselves and their creatures, notes, a bit like an EggCave Journal! It would be a place for these who like to either write stories or read them. 😊

Female
371 posts

megamisama90 • 23 January 2024 at 5:50 AM

Ah ^^ I've done the PM-thing but when I PM others it gets lost as I got too many going on. But I see. 😊

Female
1,729 posts

lexicon • 23 January 2024 at 9:58 AM

@sinthr @megamisama90

thanks for the ping friend, i remember you talking about this and it's interesting to see this idea! i actually quite like mega's interpretation and agree that it would be cool to have a personal journal for one's musings lol but that everyone could have access to! to combine both ideas in a way, i think it might be nice to separate it from the forums (to make it distinct) and keep the personal "journal" on your profile page (notice that there is a spot conveniently missing next to "Shop"! ...which now that i noticed there are 11 items is kinda bothering me lol). it could state "Journal" with a little icon and under it would be "# Entries" just like Trades, Friends, etc. when you click on it it could be similar to going into your recent posts except this would be separate from the forums and you have more creative space to do what you will (make reminders, create a cove lore, etc.). because of the personal use nature of it i don't see why you cannot "spam" or double-post since it's yours. this would also differentiate it from the forums which are more a public space. to mega's point, maybe you can toggle it to private if you want so it's multi-functional! hope that all makes sense, just some ideas 😊

Deleted • 23 January 2024 at 10:06 AM

@lexicon omg Lexi! Such a thoughtful post, thank you very much! ❤️

Yeah, it would be very nice indeed If we could have a space to write about anything at all (we could organize in a way or another, depending on the user) and... now that you made me notice there's that missing space, it's bothering me to loool. It would be great to have something attached to our profiles... 😣

I suggested the forums because probably it was the easier way to implement (I don't know how the code works here) but If that could be done on profiles it would be absolutely amazing... we often have various links (about me, trading, etc etc) scattered on our profile and it would be so good to have a link containing ALL the info... phew!

A "private" 🔐 toggle would be nice, and also If we could turn off other people's comments - because maybe we want them in out own blog / journals' post or maybe not lool. I know I'd love to have a orderly list without comments from others for example, but many maybe would love to get views. 😊