Valentine's Day/February Suggestion: Gizeal

in Fan Art & Creature Suggestions

Do you like this idea?

Female
307 posts

powgal15 • 17 January 2024 at 5:41 PM

This is my suggestion!
Gizeal - Gazelle + Zeal (and a reference to the name Giselle, the singer of the song this is semi-based on)

It is based on deer, gazelles, Valentine's Day (which explains the roses/hearts), and the song Sorrow Into Silk by Giselle!

Stage 2 - 300 feeds

Stage 3 - 500 feeds

Stage 4 - 750 feeds

Image - https://f2.toyhou.se/file/f2-toyhou-se/images/76383202_O1OEKF9n9treC3h.png

Habitat - Forest

Weight - 54kg

Obtained From - You decide!

Dates - February 1 - ? (or can be a February seasonal or for the Valentine's event)

Height - 1.52 m

Gender Profile - Masculine

About Gizeal Eggs -

This egg feels warm, even though it is covered in sticky moss. Maybe it's happy?

About The Gizeal Creature -

At a young age, Gizeals are easily excited and happy, and smell like fresh roses. If someone sees one during February, they are said to find true love that same day. The moss that grows on them grows darker with age, and the roses that grow on them eventually become heart-shaped. Though, as they get older, they become more sensitive and sad, but nobody quite knows why. Maybe the moss drains their joy, or they are sad that they seem incapable of using the love that they bring for others onto themselves...

@ian @shirothekittehlover @shadowfaxe @athanasia @pigeon @tryvegan4theanimals

Female
932 posts

shirothekittehlover • 18 January 2024 at 6:32 PM

@powgal15
When I first saw that little thing I was like, "awww cuteWAIT WHATNOOOO"
Reminds me of the Ott in some way ngl ☹️
Great design and concept tho, very nice : D (might freeze one so it will stay happy forever :])
(Also, welcome back! ^^)

Female
307 posts

powgal15 • 18 January 2024 at 6:36 PM

@shirothekittehlover
Thank you! Also, it was slightly inspired by the Ott, it is one of my favorite creatures ;3

Also, if you want to see me on a more active site, I have a ToyHouse now! Here is the link: https://toyhou.se/Powgal

Female
894 posts

murfijs • 19 January 2024 at 3:52 AM

@powgal15
i love this creature idea

Female
388 posts

cryogenics • 19 January 2024 at 4:11 AM

ngl - i dont see any creature development from egg to adult stages. its the same mirrored/flipped body from hatched stage with cosmetic variations.

i'd like to see clear defined stages for a creature.

1,968 posts

opalquinze • 19 January 2024 at 7:20 AM

gonna have to agree on cryogenics here, poses for stages aren’t different from one another

not trying to be rude, but i think it would help if the legs were more proportional to a real life deer/gazelle’s (granted, it’s your art style, but i think you can manage making the legs skinnier)

181 posts

noman15 • 19 January 2024 at 11:30 AM

Cool, a nature deer. You could almost make it a warm climate relative of the Grisal, since it has a similar name.

Female
307 posts

powgal15 • 19 January 2024 at 12:08 PM

@cryogenics Oh, sorry about that! I ran out of room. I mainly wanted the colors to dull as it went on, and the roses bloom into hearts, and eventually, heartbreak. Though I do understand.

Female
2,408 posts

ida92 • 31 January 2024 at 3:06 AM

@powgal15 It's a really cool suggestion. I like the soft-pastel colours. Also it's not the typical Valentine's day type, which I noticed is uaually a petite creature and this one is very stocky - but I like that. 😊

Cis Female
604 posts

kataclysm • 31 January 2024 at 8:06 AM

Oooh, it does remind me of the Ott! It has a similar 'happy to sad' vibe and I dig it. I like progression like that in creature suggestions. I'd be down to see this get made some time. ❤️

Female
307 posts

powgal15 • 31 January 2024 at 11:45 AM

@ida92 @kataclysm

Thank you guys!! 😸