Easter Egg Hunt

in General

Non-binary
15 posts

avaloninallcaps • 1 April 2024 at 12:41 AM

Idk if this is a topic already or to, but is anyone having any luck finding eggs in the egg hunt? It doesn't really explain the style in which they even show up, so I'm not quite sure what I'm even looking for. But I've been scanning the different stores and etc for 30 minutes and haven't come across anything.

Lmk if y'all have any success!!

1,967 posts

opalquinze • 1 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

@avaloninallcaps
here’s a guide to the site events if you’re having trouble with the hunt! it’s recommended that you refresh the Thief Shop every 5-10 minutes, and an egg (very small) will appear next to the Thief Shop’s name!

so far i’ve found 6!

1,037 posts

anarchy • 1 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

the eggs show up as small, semi-translucent images on the main body of any given egg cave page (by "main body" i mean the white section, i believe they don't show up on the background or sidebar though someone can correct me if i'm wrong)

an example: https://i.imgur.com/M6nEBkB.png

(there's a plesiloch egg next to the page title!)

Non-binary
15 posts

avaloninallcaps • 1 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Thank you both!!!

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 1 April 2024 at 1:14 AM

@avaloninallcaps @opalquinze @anarchy

Just to be a little more specific, the eggs can appear wherever there is text in the white section of webpages. So eggs will not appear at the bottom of webpages where the copyright information appears, and the eggs will be about the size of this text too.

Most commonly on the title of pages.

Female
480 posts

aardbeix3 • 1 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

I found 11 so far. I do find the eggs are easier to spot when I'm on my phone...

Female
29 posts

nficewing • 1 April 2024 at 3:38 PM

@mastergemma
Will the eggs be found on any of the web pages (like next to creatures names) or just the general shops and locations?

Female
2 posts

ajkarmystay • 1 April 2024 at 4:56 PM

Adding to the list of questions. When Fred refers to Ark River and "beyond the island" do you need to have a visible map to get to the places he is referring to? Visible map as in the hover over the map
Version rather than the rows with images and links underneath.

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 1 April 2024 at 5:00 PM

@ajkarmystay
The "clues" that the Weggy gives are not real clues. It just says random things. Just pick a page with not a lot of text, like the Thief Shop page, and refresh it every few minutes. The egg will appear next to the text on the page.

@nficewing Eggs can appear on any page with text. (so all of them) If you follow my advice above you should have an easier time finding eggs.

Female
480 posts

aardbeix3 • 1 April 2024 at 5:03 PM

@Orderedchaos it's great advice, thank you ❤️. Found 16 eggs so far.

Female
2 posts

ajkarmystay • 1 April 2024 at 5:09 PM

Ah. Well that's embarrassing😅
Thanks for clearing things up! 😊

Female
1,743 posts

minnie298a • 1 April 2024 at 7:41 PM

I found several of my eggs in the Archives. It was easier for me to navigatte there while feeding as I'd feed a bunch, then click the species name. If not present go back to feeding. They could be anywhere though. Before or after the description paragraphs, or name or around the navigation arrows. Some even showed up in the stats box.

I did find one on a creature profile while feeding. There may have been more, but this one stood out as it was before the creatures name and therefore shifted the name into the centre of the page.

Found several on the Approach Cave page when trying for the new monthlies.

Tips:
- If the egg is at the beginning of text, it will throw the formatting out.
- Be aware of emojis on profiles. They are like decoys.
- Clean your screen. Even if it doesn't appear dirty.

Female
29 posts

nficewing • 2 April 2024 at 7:52 AM

@Orderedchaos Thank You

Demifluid
1,507 posts

wonder404exe • 2 April 2024 at 11:28 AM

I feel like the last 10 took longer to find than last year
(using the thief shop method: 15-20+ mins)
I refresh thief every 1-3 mins and it usually does its job
maybe i just miss them every time i refresh idk

im not here to scare anyone lmao, just keep ur eyes peeled for lil eggs and navigate small pages when trying to find eggs - like oasis and/or theif or maybe the SARC page
❤️

Transgender Man
5 posts

sparks567 • 2 April 2024 at 7:20 PM

oh my god I'm so glad this page exists, I've been speed scrolling the archive for hours now expecting an egg to appear and getting nothing. Glad to have the clarification that they are actually smaller than a single period at the end of a sentence xD

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 4 April 2024 at 2:30 AM

I've only found 3 eggs so far. Unless I use the thief shop method, it's way too time consuming to find them/

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 4 April 2024 at 11:29 AM

I found out that the clues that Weggy gives ARE in fact REAL clues! Every time he said something like "click faster", I searched "faster" in the search box (up right) and found an egg. Same goes for "harder", "abrillion", "easter", "wait" or any other hint alike. Especially when it doesn't sound/look like a hint at all. Oh, and the egg is down the page, in the creature description, usually on the title of the tiny article.

Female
480 posts

aardbeix3 • 4 April 2024 at 4:31 PM

@suzanab I never actually read what Weggy said haha, but glad it worked for you! I followed the tip from @Orderedchaos and it worked very well for me, got them all on the second day 😊

I enjoyed looking for them tbh, I'm kinda sad it's over now haha

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 4 April 2024 at 5:06 PM

@aardbeix3

Great, congratz! I'm looking for my last one now, drives me bananas, but I know I'll be sad when I find it, just because it'll be over 😃

Female
480 posts

aardbeix3 • 4 April 2024 at 5:22 PM

@suzanab oh you're almost there! I'm rooting for you!

And I completely understand haha, I miss 'hunting' for the little eggs already XD

Female
1,668 posts

musicgurl333 • 5 April 2024 at 2:20 AM

I'm up to 13! Slowly getting there!

Female
422 posts

suzanab • 5 April 2024 at 3:09 AM

@aardbeix3

Thanks 😃

@musicgurl333

Woo-hoo! Keep going! 😃 Good luck 😊

Female
36 posts

kitsune37 • 5 April 2024 at 10:14 PM

I've found three so far. a couple on the pages at the very bottom of the site. Good hunting everyone.

10 posts

flowerflare • 6 April 2024 at 8:28 PM

Hey!! I have a question. Do we get the eggs we find after the event ends?

Female
5,409 posts

Orderedchaos • 6 April 2024 at 8:33 PM

@flowerflare
The only creature you get from the Egg Hunt is the new Strawabbit.

Female
2,936 posts

heatherm19 • 6 April 2024 at 8:34 PM

@flowerflare Nope, we don't get those eggs. We get the 4 new travels and 1 new creature if we find all 30, that's it.

10 posts

flowerflare • 6 April 2024 at 8:35 PM

@heatherm19 @Orderedchaos

Thanks! Bummer tho, I got really excited when I found a Esoclyn.