Wolves of the forest: will you lead your pack?

in Roleplaying

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 2 April 2011 at 4:15 PM

The wolf. As the rest of the pack laid down and began to sleep, Solah went out to find the wolf. She tracked her scent down to a small thicket, making sure she was upwind from the other wolf. Slowly, she approached from behind...

9,386 posts

smilies • 2 April 2011 at 4:20 PM

They'll come from behind if it's a young one. Older ones will probably face me head on to discourage me from attacking straight away. Okay.... Definitely young. Eternal smiled.

9,386 posts

smilies • 2 April 2011 at 4:25 PM

Then she smelt it. C.T. herself. What will she do...? If it was just the young one I'd stay, but C.T...... Sorry unknown she-wolf, but it's time for moi to skedaddle! 😱

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 2 April 2011 at 4:26 PM

"why are you following my pack? Are you going to hurt us? I won't attack if you give me an answer." Solah snarled.
' This little game ends here,' she thought.
The wolf ran.
" come back! I just want to talk! " Solah shouted.
The chase was on.

9,386 posts

smilies • 2 April 2011 at 4:32 PM

"You, attack?" Eternal laughed. "Kitten, you have no clue who you're dealing with!" She smiled. "I have somewhere to be, so maybe I'll /catch/ you later!" She winked. One vanishing trick coming up.....
Eternal vanished.

And woke in a cavern in a complex of caves. Owwww.... Every inch of her hurt. She wouldn't be able to do that again for some time. And had C.T. recognized her? She looked so different, but that trick was her trademark.... No. She might remember, but she knows I died.....

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 2 April 2011 at 4:39 PM

Solah gasped. The wolf had disappeared right before her eyes! She looked around,and whined in discontent. There had to be some kind of trick...then it hit her like lightning. She shook her head, it couldn't be...that clever wolf...

C.T. Came up from behind her. She told her that she had to leave and gave her some specific instructions. C.T. Bounded off into the night. Did she know the strange wolf? Solah didn't know what to do, so she trotted back to camp in defeat.

Deleted • 2 April 2011 at 4:46 PM

Oh, I've been inactive.

Toki looked up at the looming tree and sighed. She was lonely, lonely, and had no one to turn to. Nobody liked her. Why did it matter anyway? She shook her head to try and stop thinking of her old pack.

9,386 posts

smilies • 2 April 2011 at 4:46 PM

By the amount of life force that has sapped.... She was about 6kms from where she had been. Good. She'll think I went further to get away, while I'm really right on her doorstep... It occurred to Eternal that other wolves might have a different idea of distance. But then, C.T. had never been lazy..... If she does recognize me, will she try and kill me, cast me out or recruit? It's still the same question. Eternal sighed. Not many wolves were as..... Skilled, talented, call it what you want. The "kitten" and the she-wolf were always in the corner of her mind.... I wonder..... She glanced down. Too bad I couldn't take her with me...

She remembered what CT used to call her tricks. Humph. There is no such thing as magic.... She was always fooled.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 2 April 2011 at 4:51 PM

Solah returned to camp and announced the message loudly. The few wolves still sleeping yawned and listened.
" Attention, all wolves of Thunderfang! Celestial Teardrops has left in pursuit of a rougue that may be a threat to our pack! Brightstar is in charge of the hunt, and if she cannot fulfill her duty, I will be in command until C.T. returns." the wolves began to murmur excitedly. ' Good luck, C.T.' she thought.

9,386 posts

smilies • 2 April 2011 at 4:53 PM

As she was already lying paralyzed on the floor, she might as well see what is happening. Sight uses nearly no energy. CT had always wondered how she knew about wolves sneaking out at night. Sure beats dreams any day.

(Some of you might be annoyed because you think I'm being stupid and magical and you are totally jealous. But it uses heaps of energy and it would have used FAR less energy to run that. And it's not magic, it's pure skill 😋)

9,386 posts

smilies • 2 April 2011 at 5:00 PM

*C.T.'s eyes glowed blood red with excitement. Eternal could see every detail, every fur on her coat. She shuddered. Eternal moved to look at the scenery. She had spent weeks mentally mapping this place. She wasn't far away, but it would take her another night. Eternal would have regained her physical strength, but not her life force, that would take months. But CT alone was better, plus tired from running. Eternal moved again to watch the "kitten".*

Eternal wished, not for the first time, that there was a trick to read wolves' minds. But then, if another had more power... Well, she wouldn't like that at all...

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 2 April 2011 at 5:02 PM

[Sorry I've been living real life for a week, coming back to eggcave now 😋 I'm responding to this:

Cloudy Night stared into her savior's eyes.
"You... saved me. I'm a Thunderfang. You're a Swiftstrike. You saved me!" she yelped, as if unable to comprehend the gray wolf's kindness.
"How can I repay you...?"]

Talisa cocked her head at the young wolf's comment. "Repay me? Why would you need to do that. Not everything comes with payment. But if you would like, you can help me find out just what your leader is up to. Two of my pack have already gone to spy..."

Tyse and Kaya were following C.T on her chase through the forest. Kaya whispered to Tyse, "Now is as good a time as ever to offer our 'services'" Tyse just nodded. The two wolves, in perfect unison, jumped and blocked C.T's path. "We'd like to help you eliminate that rogue! We want to join your pack!" Tyse growled for good measure. Kaya looked at him like she wanted to be the speaker, but he just ignored her. "Please," he added.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 2 April 2011 at 5:03 PM

BrightStar was still sleeping, but Solah didn't want to wake her up. She wasn't awake when Solah joined, so she might be surprised and attack. The Thunderfangs were getting hungry, so Solah took matters into her own hands, er, paws. She sniffed out a buck and watched him graze. Slooooowly, she stalked forward and pounced. One bite and he was dead. Solah began the almost impossible act of dragging the buck back to camp.

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 2 April 2011 at 5:05 PM

@avelaingia

9,386 posts

smilies • 2 April 2011 at 5:06 PM

1 hour later.

Eternal twitched her left paw. "Grrrrrrr, I HATE being helpless!" "Hey! My head's free!" With an extraordinary amount of effort, she wrenched her right paw out of the spell. Best paw first.... I am SO stiff >_<

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 2 April 2011 at 5:10 PM

Lol 😋

Kaya responded before Tyse could. "That is because we have been slaughtering them!" She exclaimed. "We used to be with them, but now after your speech, we believe that you are correct in your beliefs!" Tyse added, "We killed their leader, do you want to see?" Kaya shoved him. He had made a foolish mistake that would show the flaws in their plan quite clearly.

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 2 April 2011 at 5:13 PM

Finally, Solah returned to camp. She brought the buck to the center of the clearing with the help of Starlight and CloudyNight. " ok, eat up! This was hard to get!" the wolves swarmed around the buck and began eating hungrily. Solah slowly tore ofF a leg and began to chew on it. " I wonder what CT is doing..." she wondered aloud.

9,386 posts

smilies • 2 April 2011 at 5:14 PM

Eternal cocked her head. She'd been keeping track of CT's progress. Which had stopped. Suddenly. Interesting..... She dived in again to see what's happening.... (I'm gonna have to re-free my right paw, aren't I? >_<)

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 2 April 2011 at 5:19 PM

"Um...This way" said Kaya, stalling. She glared at Tyse. They had to think of something. They took off in the direction of Eternal. ((not knowing she was there))

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 2 April 2011 at 5:20 PM

Solah dragged the leg over to Frost Paws, who was lounging next to River Wader. " How are you feeling? Do you think the pups are due soon?" she questioned the she-wolf.

9,386 posts

smilies • 2 April 2011 at 5:24 PM

It had been an hour. Eternal owed these wolves one. They were heading in her general direction, but from her internal map they were taking the most stupid twists and turns possible. She didn't think they knew where there were going and she'd bet her next 5 meals that CT thought or knew it was a trap. By now, Eternal had freed herself up to midway. She tried to twitch her tail. It moved. Eternal smiled.

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 2 April 2011 at 5:25 PM

The two wolves picked up speed, trying to gain a few precious seconds before C.T caught up to them. They ran and ran, and then saw a cave. "Maybe we can throw her off there!" Whispered Kaya. Tyse nodded, and they slowly entered the cave. There, they saw Eternal, and then Tyse had an idea. He pounced on her and hissed in her ear. "Play dead if you know what's good for you!" Kaya was impressed with his ability to think on his toes.

Talisa followed the wolves, sighing at their mistakes.

9,386 posts

smilies • 2 April 2011 at 5:29 PM

@lizardfeather I mentioned I'm in a cave?

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 2 April 2011 at 5:30 PM

Oh oops I will edit I should've read the last to pages
EDIT: fixed
@smilies

@Avelaingia:You've got me making wolves now.

Talisa:http://tinypic.com/r/28jz7o2/7
Tyse: http://tinypic.com/r/8y5gug/7
Kaya: http://tinypic.com/r/2193ne9/7

9,386 posts

smilies • 2 April 2011 at 5:33 PM

@lizardfeather that's cute 😊

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 2 April 2011 at 5:34 PM

@smilies: thanks 😊 NOW POST RAWR lol

9,386 posts

smilies • 2 April 2011 at 5:37 PM

Eternal didn't move. She stopped breathing, and she lowered her body temperature using her tricks. She closed her eyes and watched. I like these kits' style...

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 2 April 2011 at 5:38 PM

@avelaingia: sure 😋

Female
2,270 posts

randomkitty17 • 2 April 2011 at 5:38 PM

Before Frost Paws could answer, something inside Solah clicked into place. She saw CT and two other wolves. She had seen them before, they were from SwiftStrike. It was a trap, did CT know? Of course, she was very clever. The question appeared in her mind, if she knew it was a trap, then why was she following the two wolves? Then the image was gone. Ow, Solah's head hurt...but CT needed help.
" CloudyNight, can you be in charge while I'm gone? If BrightStar wakes up, tell her she's in charge." CloudyNight nodded. Solah knew she shouldn't leave the pack, but she had to help the alpha. She found CT's scent trail, and she opted off into the night, running as fast as she could.

Female
2,307 posts

lizardfeather • 2 April 2011 at 5:46 PM

Kaya was surprised when the wolf so easily obeyed. She looked at Tyse, and walked out of the cave where Crimson Tears had almost arrived. "Come on, she's over here!" Kaya called out, beckoning with her tail.

C.T Wolf: http://tinypic.com/r/2ylsrqp/7

Just kidding 😋 here it is:: http://tinypic.com/r/bfge9e/7

Brb I need to eat.