~:~ Birds Of A Feather Club ~:~

in Forum Games

What is your favorite bird creature here on Egg Cave? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 7 November 2013 at 9:57 PM

@byfelisa Could I join? 😊 Devoting the Lovart, Polynesia the Macaw, Kraawk the Honk and I all raise our left wing and squawk, "We will with all our might, show love to every bird in sight!"

Female
291 posts

ljacks • 7 November 2013 at 10:39 PM

Hi Everyone, hope you are all having a nice day/evening. 😊

---
"Within every bird, there is a heart, which gives us new egg cavers a fun new start!"

I RAISE MY LEFT WING AND SAY, "WE WILL WITH ALL OUR MIGHT, SHOW LOVE TO EVERY BIRD IN SIGHT

3,446 posts

chowchow2012 • 7 November 2013 at 10:41 PM

"Within every bird, there is a heart, which gives us new egg cavers a fun new start!"

I RAISE MY LEFT WING AND SAY, "WE WILL WITH ALL OUR MIGHT, SHOW LOVE TO EVERY BIRD IN SIGHT

1,146 posts

iulianna1 • 7 November 2013 at 10:49 PM

@ice2505
Oh really? When it snowed here, everyone ran to the windows and I just daydreamed of going outside xD
--

I RAISE MY LEFT WING AND SAY, "WE WILL WITH ALL OUR MIGHT, SHOW LOVE TO EVERY BIRD IN SIGHT".

Deleted • 8 November 2013 at 3:47 AM

I RAISE MY LEFT WING AND SAY, "WE WILL WITH ALL OUR MIGHT, SHOW LOVE TO EVERY BIRD IN SIGHT".

-------

Woof, good morning to all. ❤️

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 8 November 2013 at 4:05 AM

:: BOAF November 2013 Club Newsletter ::

Gobble, Gobble Everyone!
Welcome to our November edition of our monthly newsletter.
It is a Thanksgiving theme we are going with.

Thank you to all who hung in there and stayed active in the club.
Due to the absence of our club's owner most activities have been on hold until now.
All activities are now back to normal and will resume accordingly.

The membership cap has been lifted and once we reach 200 members our waiting list will be permanent. All wishing to join will be placed on the list until an opening is available.

Here is a re-cap of the club since previous months no newsletter.

End Of The Month News - October 2013
We now have a club account solely for gifting, trading and prize awarding. You can send donations or receive EC, travels and creatures from @contests-r-us monthly. We ask that you send friend requests there to make awarding prizes easier. If you are a new member feel free to request a bird creature if you need one from there.

From time to time there will be either pairing for activities/contests or grouping members. You have the right to either join in or not get involved in any happenings around the club. The only requirement enforced here is that you always have two kinds of birds in your cove.

It is understandable that you might have to take a hiatus, have gotten really busy or an unforeseen occurrence keeps you away. It happens to all of us and we want you worry free. Do let us know so if your cove needs attending to so we can help.

We have had egg cavers on a waiting list eager to join us from March to early October 2013 since the last newsletter was out. Let us give a big welcome again and hugs to:

hormone, ahgirltc, cuty, skyhealeroftheskies, srx2002, littlepuffyball
dancingkiwi123, griffinwings, danijela, yellowgrapefruit, himitsutenshin
tralala22, daze, kisamari, flutex, chaotic, sony, wispur, brightpool
qaz, bookw0rm, iloveu2, ilovedoctorwho, sad-ny, spiritkoi

There are no Monthly Raffle Drawing Winners until December.
Remember only post the Club's Anthem in the forum once a day.
Multiple posting only makes it harder to count tallies individually.

Please help me congratulate the recipients of the MOTM Recognition Reward:

@hemester - March 2013
@novrain62 - April 2013
@eggs - May 2013
@lululore - June 2013
@wererage - July 2013
danijela - August 2013
ice2505 - September 2013
iulianna1 - October 2013

Each will receive a plaque which will be posted on this site and 1 CS Creature.

Thank you for being awesome members of our bird club.
We are so proud to award you this and well done!

This newsletter is a mini edition of everything going on this month.
You can always come back during the month to re-read, take the polls and join in activities as you like.

There will be 3 club activities and 2 contests this month.

Wishing you all an exciting and elating Thanksgiving season!!

Warm Hugs from,
byfelisa, cubexline, duchess, hay7199, marie_lily, prettymint and tikimaki.

Female
5 posts

contests-r-us • 8 November 2013 at 4:10 AM

- 1st Club-Wide Activity of the Month -
Starts November 8th thru November 15th
Update Your Status 8
What is your favorite Egg Cave Creature this time of season?
Post it on your Profile Status and win a prize!
Be creative and have fun, while baffling your friends. 😊

Example Post: "Gobbler is such a wild bird!" or "I go cuckoo for Gobblers"
There will be a reward given in this activity above.
A common, uncommon or rare Travel will be rewarded.

:: CRAZY GIZZARDS ::
Starts November 10th thru November 17th
(7 day Activity - Must follow Forum Posts - Top 10 participants win)

This competition is simple and requires you to look at a forum post from byfelisa each day.
A different task will be given out for all members to fulfill should they choose to get involved.

1st Place through 10th Place receive 25k EC each. 11th Place and downward win 10k EC each.
Winners will be posted in the forum by November 19th - Have Fun All!

- PICK YOUR BRAIN -
Starts November 12th and Ends November 19th
Trivia Time - 10 questions. Each question is worth 5 points.
Prizes will include 1 CS creature, 4 LE Creatures and 5 Very Rare Travels.
In event of ties same prizes will be given out or EC equivalent of them.

Please PM all answers to byfelisa by 12:00 PM ECT 11/19/2013.
1. Where did the first Thanksgiving take place?
2. I'm incapable of flying and most content when in captivity, what bird am I?
3. The Gobbler has a comical way of evading a human's presence how?
4. I hunt alone and find a pile of leaves as protection from harm, do you know me?
5. Can you name me? Jokingly we are called "Lap Lambs" and need 1000 views.
6. What date was the Peeturk released in the Cash Shop Park?
7. My eggs only hatch during autumn and I enjoy leaping tree to tree. Who am I?
8. What is the weighty rarity of a Wiset?
9. A Wynerl has what coming from the center of its egg?
10. At my first stage my brain is very undeveloped, can you tell who I am ?

:: AUTUMN WRITING CONTEST ::
Starts November 10th and Ends November 24th
Tell Us anything about the season you love or your favorite Autumn experience!
All entries should be POSTED in the Club's Forum Thread.
Like always your grammar is important, so take time to spell well.
I will pick the top 5 best essays!!

Prizes: 1 CS Creature for 1st Place thru 5th Place
The winners will be announced in the club's forum thread November 29th.

:: GUESS JAR CONTEST ::
This bird is anxious to play with the marbles in the jar!
If you guess how many there are, I can release them.
The Top 10 Guesses that are closest to the total; wins a prize.
1st Place thru 10th Place win a LE Cave Creature
Winners will be posted in the forum by November 29th - Good Luck All

PM your guess to byfelisa by 12:00 PM Midnight ECT 11/27/2013.

- 2nd Club-Wide Activity of the Month -
Starts November 20th and Ends November 29th
Bird Jigsaw Puzzle
Download and play the jigsaw game in Standalone Mode.
It is a 399k EXE file, I created it myself and scanned it. =)
When you complete the puzzle a code box will appear with a message.
Send byfelisa the code by PM no later than 11/29/13 Midnight ECT.

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 8 November 2013 at 4:19 AM

Bird Facts & Tips
Knowledge on Loons or Divers

Loons are native to North America.
Divers are found in the UK and Ireland.

These are aquatic birds.
Like ducks and geese their toes are webbed.
Flying Loons resemble a fat goose with Seagull wings.

Male and female loons have identical plumage.

Loons are excellent swimmers, using their feet to propel themselves above and under water while their wings provide assistance.

Loons find their prey by sight. They eat mainly fish.

They feed on crayfish, frogs, snails, salamanders and leeches.

Loons mate on land, often on the future nest site, and build their nests close to the water.

Most clutches consist of two eggs, which are laid in May or June.
Loon chicks are able to swim and dive right away.

Chicks are fed mainly by their parents for six weeks and gradually begin to feed themselves over time. By 12 weeks, chicks gather most of their own food and begin to fly.

================================

Pine Cone Owl Craft By Sherri Osborn

Time Required:
20 mins (Does not include drying time)
Materials Needed:
Felt
Wiggle Eyes
Craft Glue
Scissors
Instructions:
{Before using pine cones, bake them on a foil-lined cookie sheet for about 45 minutes to an hour at 200 degrees}

This kills any bugs or spider mites that live in them and will allow any seeds to fall out and the sap to dry up.

Start out by cutting a small piece of felt shaped like the number eight. Glue two small wiggle eyes onto this piece of felt and then glue the piece of felt onto the pine cone.

Create the owl's ears by cutting a piece of felt into a square. Start out with a square about 2-inches across and then trim it down until you like the way it looks on the owl's head.

Glue one of the points of the square between the eyes and then glue the opposite corner to the back of the owl's head.

Make a beak for your owl by cutting a small triangle out of felt and then glue it in place. Cut out two wings. Glue them, opposite each other, on the side of the owl.

To finish your pine cone owl, glue the bottom of your owl onto the branch. Cut out two feet and glue them where the pine cone and branch come together.

-- RECIPE OF THE MONTH --

Pear, Prosciutto & Hazelnut Stuffing

(Crisping the prosciutto and toasting the nuts adds a powerful punch of flavor to the stuffing. )

Prepare thru Step 3 and refrigerate for up to 1 day.
If you don't have stale bread ready to use, spread the baguette cubes on a baking sheet and toast at 250°F until crisped and dry, about 15 minutes.

Tip: To toast chopped nuts & seeds:
Cook in a small dry skillet over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, 2 to 4 minutes.

Time: 2 1/4 hours
Yields: 12 servings, 2/3 cup each

Ingredients:
3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
4 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced, cut into ribbons
2 cups onion, chopped
2 cups diced fennel bulb
1/4 cup minced shallot
2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme
1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
8 cups stale baguette, preferably multi-grain (not sourdough), cut into 1/2-inch cubes
2 Bosc pears, ripe but firm, chopped
1/3 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts, toasted
1 14-ounce can reduced-sodium chicken broth
1/4 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground pepper, to taste
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Coat a 9-by-13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.

Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.

Add prosciutto; cook, stirring, until crispy, about 5 minutes.

Drain on a paper towel.
Wipe out the pan and heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium-high heat.

Add onion, fennel and shallot and cook, stirring, until softened and beginning to brown, 6 to 8 minutes.

Add sage, thyme and rosemary and cook, stirring, for 1 minute more.

Transfer everything to a large bowl and gently stir in bread, pears, parsley, hazelnuts and the prosciutto.

Add broth; toss to combine.
Season with salt and pepper.

Spoon the stuffing into the prepared baking dish; cover with foil.

Bake for 40 minutes; remove the foil and bake until the top is beginning to crisp, 25 to 30 minutes more.

Per serving: 176 calories
5 g fat ( 1 g sat , 2 g mono )
8 mg cholesterol
29 g carbohydrates
9 g protein
6 g fiber
489 mg sodium
283 mg potassium

There are two voting polls, a crossword and word find puzzle in this news edition. 😃

To view this month's newsletter in its entirety and to play the activities not clickable here in the forum visit our Club's website here:

http://byfelisa.net/BA/BOAFNEWS7.html

Have a fun and thrilling November everyone! ❤️

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 8 November 2013 at 6:00 AM

ALL THE BIRDS IN MY COVE AND I RAISE OUR LEFT WINGS AND SQUAWK, "WE WILL WITH ALL OUR MIGHT, SHOW LOVE TO EVERY BIRD IN SIGHT!

Birds of a feather flock together, and we will do so through any weather!

Status: 997970 bottles of cider on the wall 997970 bottles of cider you take 1 down pass it around...... HEY! A Peeturk stole my cider!!!!

Deleted • 8 November 2013 at 6:39 AM

Hay, November newsletter! ❤️
There is contests and games' smell in the air!

First of all, welcome to all our new members! We're happy to have you all here. Come here, so we can give you a big feathered hug! ❤️ I'm sure you'll enjoy a lot the BOAF Club! There are a lot of things to do, and games to play as well. Who doesn't like games? ^__^

-------

@byfelisa
Whoa, thank you very much! Didn't really expected I would be in the MOTM Recognition Reward! I'm very happy to have been useful to some people, and I'll always try to keep alive all the dying coves I can, woof. ❤️

And, woof, Id love to partecipate in the Update Your Status 8 Game, too! It'll be fun. I'll update my status soon, first I need to create something fun and creative, tehehe. 😋

Also ... ehehe, I love word finder. 😋
http://i.imgur.com/tWz9L9E.png

-------

About the Birds Facts & Tips ...
I love Loons. They have these black markings on their body that it's seem they're wearing a smoking! And they have reddish eyes. So amazing. ❤️ And it's amazing also how a creature of the skies, a bird, can be elegant and perfect also in another element, the water. Lol, I'm a disaster on the earth, in the air and in the water. In my next life I want to be a bird or a wolf. ùwù

Female
260 posts

hormone • 8 November 2013 at 6:57 AM

ALL THE BIRDS IN MY COVE AND I RAISE OUR LEFT WINGS AND SQUAWK, "WE WILL WITH ALL OUR MIGHT, SHOW LOVE TO EVERY BIRD IN SIGHT!"

😊 😸

Transgender Man
351 posts

paranoiac • 8 November 2013 at 7:26 AM

ALL THE BIRDS IN MY COVE AND I RAISE OUR LEFT WINGS AND SQUAWK, "WE WILL WITH ALL OUR MIGHT, SHOW LOVE TO EVERY BIRD IN SIGHT!"

Female
263 posts

hemester • 8 November 2013 at 7:46 AM

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 8 November 2013 at 8:30 AM

Wow! So much to do this month, with all the fun activities and contests. Looking forward to seeing all the entries. 😊

Welcome to all new members! Hope you have a great time in the club, which I know you will. Feel free to ask questions if you have any.

Congrats to all the members who won the MOTM awards. You totally deserve it, for all the hard work you put into keeping the club alive and spirited. 😃

Is everyone getting excited? Thanksgiving, Christmas, the holiday season is approaching!

Deleted • 8 November 2013 at 11:36 AM

@marie_lily
Aw, too bad I don't celebrate Thanksgiving in my place. D:
But I'm excited about the Christmas period. I don't celebrate it neither, but I love to be with my family ... and I love winter in general, eheh. 😋

@byfelisa
Sorry for pinging you again, but I finally finished .... THIS! =D
I decided to try to make a drawing every month for the BOAF Club. These will be themed drawings, so this one it's Autumn-Themed. ;-)

. Have a great November, BOAF!
http://i.imgur.com/KUf99vK.jpg

. Bonus Drawing - Saving abandoned Creatures
http://i.imgur.com/UssOd1W.jpg

Hope you all like them and again ... have a great November, woof! ❤️

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 8 November 2013 at 12:20 PM

@wererage

Wow! Your drawings are so beautiful. I really like all the different types of birds. Great job! 😊

Me neither. The holiday spirit is just really inspiring in general. I love doing all the winter activities, like skiing and skating. ❤️

Deleted • 8 November 2013 at 12:46 PM

@marie_lily
Thank you very much, I'm glad you like is. ❤️
But I have a lot to learn ... Id love to learn more how to use professional graphic programs, too.

I agree with you! ❤️ Wish that here can snow too, but it snowed only one time for me in all my life, in 2002. But it's really nice to take part in Christmas activity like making the tree with family and ... eating, ahaha!

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 8 November 2013 at 2:32 PM

Hey everyone! Just made another creature suggestion today! It was inspired by winter, BOAF, and birds. Please take a look and tell me what you think on that forum?

http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/45344

THANK YOU SO MUCH! ❤️

@wererage

No problem, I really love looking at artwork because it's something I enjoy doing as well. I'm all traditional art, though. 😃

Yes! I can't wait until it starts snowing here. It's so pretty. I should take a picture and show you the scenery when the time comes. But, that isn't for a while. 😋

97 posts

mighty-lair • 8 November 2013 at 3:05 PM

Welcome all new members! So glad the limit was lifted 😉 Now you can join in all the bird lover games and chirp it up with all the members on the whole or by name.

Congratulations to MOTM *Applause*
M Members
O On
T The
M Move
We love your efforts, thank you so much ❤️

Female
1,194 posts

puppymaks • 8 November 2013 at 4:11 PM

---

How are you, friends? I'm... Swell 😋 I went pick the olives (my dad have 5 little olive trees) and it was fun 😊 My mum, dad, dog and I. Actually, I did nothing x3 I just running whit my dog and saying: "Mum!" or "Oh noes!" or "OMG. look at these!" *puppy face*

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 8 November 2013 at 4:33 PM

@wererage I LOVED your drawings!! 😃 I like the second one a lot. Most people care about LEs and CSPs dying. I think all creatures should have a chance. 😊
@marie_lily
I really like your creature suggestion! It reminds me of a black capped chickadee. Very realistic too. 😊

I've got my own bird-creature suggestion 😋
The Khione
http://eggcave.com/forums/topic/43322
And many others!

I am soo glad to be a part of this beautiful club 😃 May your wings take you to greater places!

Deleted • 8 November 2013 at 4:40 PM

@spiritkoi
I totally agree! ❤️ We must care for all of them, commons, uncommons, LE or CSP. They're all important! ❤️

@marie_lily
Whoa, it would be amazing! I love to see snow and scenario with snow and frost. ❤️ Also yup, I like traditional art a lot, too! But sometimes I wish I was more good at digital art ... I want to learn a lot and become stronger in it by myself. ^__^
Also, I love your creature suggestions. You and Elle are a formidable duo: you contribuited a lot to EggCave and a lot of your creatures get made, 'cause them always were original and lovely. 😊

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 8 November 2013 at 4:54 PM

@spiritkoi

Thank you very much! I really like your suggestion as well! The colors are really pretty and the last stage is so majestic and elegant. 😃

@wererage

I sure will! Just got to remember, now. 😋 I've never done digital art before, but it seems pretty interesting. I've always done traditional... Maybe I should branch out and try it as well, though!

Aw, thanks. Since we know each in real life, it's easy for us to get together and do a bunch of suggestions, plus we both really like to draw. Three so far... Hoping for the best in the future! I see you have a lot of suggestions yourself. I'll be sure to check them out! 😉

Deleted • 8 November 2013 at 4:57 PM

@marie_lily
Trying new things it's always a good & costructive thing. Also, it always worth a try if you can learn something more. ❤️
Ahaha two friends with passion for drawing can do a lot of things together. Hope I'll continue to see your suggestions, woof. 😊

And thank you very much, woof. ❤️

3,446 posts

chowchow2012 • 8 November 2013 at 6:03 PM

@byfelisa

Thanks for all the new activities! 😊 I'll be sure to PM you some answers this month!

~~~
Congrats to all MOTM winners! 😃

@wererage @marie_lily
Even though you guys seem to fancy traditional art more, have ever given digital art a shot?

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 8 November 2013 at 6:12 PM

Hi Everyone! ❤️

I'm roaming around still updating things, but all is almost done and just have to make up the new member badges and upload them.

Whoa! That is some kind of talent you have there @wererage. The drawings are AWESOME!!! 😊😊😊

Maybe, I can make a section to highlight the artistry of our club members who have suggested bird creatures and have done special drawings for the club, this weekend. Anyone interested in posting anything for me to use I will get on that this Sunday.

If there is enough of them can maybe make a slide show of the artwork dedicated to our club.

I love them, they stand out so warm and colorful. It almost gives you the feel that the birds are united, thank you. That is the cutest dog in the other drawing, by the way. Hehehe

I will be breaking for dinner and then trying to get some feedings in since we have quite a bit of dying coves in the club. If you have time please visit our members in need and thank you ever so much. 😸

Enjoy your day all and hugs! ❤️❤️

Edit: Thanks @chowchow2012! I look forward to your PM. 😊

1,146 posts

iulianna1 • 8 November 2013 at 8:19 PM

@byfelisa
Wow! Thanks so much for the newsletter! This month sounds like it will be great! So many fun activities! I can't wait to start writing the Autumn Writing Entry 😃

Trans Male
905 posts

cleokitty • 8 November 2013 at 8:47 PM

Can I join? ^^ I has afew kujaks. ^^

Female
1,984 posts

marie_lily • 8 November 2013 at 8:56 PM

@cleokitty

Of course! Welcome to the BOAF Club!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. The November newsletter just came out, so you are right on time to participate in the latest contests and activities.

Have fun! 😊 ❤️

Deleted • 8 November 2013 at 9:00 PM

May I join? I have 3 Mos and a Drem. ^^