~:~ Birds Of A Feather Club ~:~

in Forum Games

What is your favorite bird creature here on Egg Cave? (Multiple answers allowed.)

Female
291 posts

ljacks • 16 November 2013 at 9:53 PM

Hi Everyone, I hope you are all having a wonderful weekend! 😊

@byfelisa Happy Birthday to your daughter! 😃

---
"Within every bird, there is a heart, which gives us new egg cavers a fun new start!"

I RAISE MY LEFT WING AND SAY, "WE WILL WITH ALL OUR MIGHT, SHOW LOVE TO EVERY BIRD IN SIGHT"

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 16 November 2013 at 11:41 PM

Evening @ljacks 😸
Thank you and I will tell her, that is so sweet of you. Huggles

I'm just checking in for a bit and then calling it a night. Thinking I'm all gobbled out. Hehehe

Is your weekend going well? I put a delicious recipe on two of my creatures' profiles. Who thought there were so many ways to make pizza taste yummy with chocolate?

Non-binary
2,821 posts

lunacharm1037 • 17 November 2013 at 12:07 AM

Within every bird, there is a heart, which gives us new egg cavers a fun new start!"

I RAISE MY LEFT WING AND SAY, "WE WILL WITH ALL OUR MIGHT, SHOW LOVE TO EVERY BIRD IN SIGHT"

Deleted • 17 November 2013 at 4:38 AM

@byfelisa
Say happy birthday to her also for me! ❤ī¸
The first video you posted, by the way, is really beautiful. I opened my mouth like in shock while seeing these birds sliding on these branches. They're really funny yet also elegant. ❤ī¸
I hope you're having

@pirran
I'm sorry to hear you lost many of your creatures. ☚ī¸
I can't do too much, but hope this will help you (also, hope you like the name, I'm not so original with them): Lot #416649
Welcome back, woof! ^__^

To everyone else, good morning, good evening and good night! 😋

-------

"Within every bird, there is a heart, which gives us new egg cavers a fun new start!"

Female
2,125 posts

xoxo5959 • 17 November 2013 at 8:18 AM

@byfelisa

Am I able to join.....?

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 17 November 2013 at 10:08 AM

Within every bird, there is a heart, which gives us new egg cavers a fun new start!"

Female
1,194 posts

puppymaks • 17 November 2013 at 12:14 PM

@wererage
❤ī¸
Ahh, when I first time watched Bambi I was crying. And on Bambi 2 I was crying even more ☚ī¸ It's sad story for me, I think. But it's really beautiful movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1u6YDJvn_I

Here! I found it for you, full movie 😉
I'm not sure on which language is it because from yesterday my sound don't work :/

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 17 November 2013 at 1:54 PM

Good Day Everyone!

May you have a very happy Sunday. 😊
http://www.123greetings.com/general/thinking_of_you/a_lovely_day.html

Please help me welcome @xoxo5959 to the club!
May you enjoy good times with us and your birds all flourish.
Giving you a big welcome hug. 😃

Thank you @wererage! She had a very nice birthday and is going to do nothing but rest today. LOL
I'm glad you liked the video. It was really thrilling to see the birds slide and dance. We can learn a lot from birds.
That is so grand of you to offer help to @pirran and much appreciated. ❤ī¸

Hi @lunacharm1037 @spiritkoi @puppymaks!
Wishing you an enjoyable day around Egg Cave today.

Are you eager to do something today? Though it is a day most like to sit back and relax, there is a task you can challenge yourself with. Are you up for it?

:: CRAZY GIZZARDS ::

TASK 7 - FINAL DAY - SAVE THE TURKEYS!

Are Turkeys really on the menu? Let us prove they are not. 😋

GRAB A TURKEY, DRESS IT UP AND LET THE DANCING BEGIN

You must tell me what kind of Turkey you rescued and what you dressed them up in, then what kind of dance you did to celebrate its freedom.

Need an example?
I rescued a White Turkey and dressed it up as a princess because it was a female and we did the fox trot all day.

Okay everyone let the fun start with this last activity!! 😃
Just POST your RESPONSE HERE in the FORUM by Monday, Nov. 18th at 8:00 PM ECT.

😊😊 MINI-GAME TIME 😊😊

PICK A FACT, ANY FACT!

Post any bird creature fact that is either from Egg Cave's Archives or a species you are interested in and tell us a fact about it.

There is no particular rule here other than just post here in the forum and have fun learning new facts. 😸

*** Just A Reminder that club moderators can participate in all activities, games and contests except the special Random Game and monthly drawing. ***

May you all have an inspiring and very relaxing day!
I'll be around off and on today. Just ping me if you need anything. Hugs All ❤ī¸

DARKESTSHADOW, ALL THE BIRDS IN MY COVE AND I RAISE OUR LEFT WINGS AND RECITE, "WE WILL WITH ALL OUR MIGHT, SHOW LOVE TO EVERY BIRD IN SIGHT"

Female
2,125 posts

xoxo5959 • 17 November 2013 at 2:00 PM

@byfelisa

Thank you ^<^
Happy to be here!
#BOAF
----

DARKESTSHADOW, ALL THE BIRDS IN MY COVE AND I RAISE OUR LEFT WINGS AND RECITE, "WE WILL WITH ALL OUR MIGHT, SHOW LOVE TO EVERY BIRD IN SIGHT"

1,239 posts

ilovedoctorwho • 17 November 2013 at 2:18 PM

@byfelisa

Yay!
I saved a Royal Palm turkey, put her in a tux, and we danced the night away (salsa). Her name was Acacia!

Kiwi birds have whiskers and lay eggs the size of ostrich eggs even though they are quite small. 😸

I RAISE MY LEFT WING AND SAY, "WE WILL WITH ALL OUR MIGHT, SHOW LOVE TO EVERY BIRD IN SIGHT".

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 17 November 2013 at 2:48 PM

@byfelisa

I rescued an albino turkey, dressed him up as a peacock, and did the Sponge(SpongeBob dance) till midnight.

There is no such thing as a seagull. 😋 Gulls are just called that because they are SOMETIMES found near the sea.

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 17 November 2013 at 3:01 PM

You're welcome @xoxo5959
That is great and thank you for posting your first Anthem in the club. 😸

Oh, I love the Salsa! What a pampered Turkey all in a tux, @ilovedoctorwho and thanks for doing the mini game too!
Aren't birds fascinating?

Wonderful, it is such a cute dance and how adorable it must have been to have him sport a peacock outfit. Hehehe
Thanks for participating in both activities @spiritkoi.

Female
1,194 posts

puppymaks • 17 November 2013 at 3:20 PM

@byfelisa
Thanks, I'm really happy because you like it ❤ī¸

:: Fact about Kiwi bird ::

The kiwi is a curious bird: it cannot fly, has loose, hair-like feathers, strong legs and no tail. Mostly nocturnal, they are most commonly forest dwellers, making daytime dens and nests in burrows, hollow logs or under dense vegetation. Kiwi are the only bird to have nostrils at the end of its very long bill which is used to probe in the ground, sniffing out invertebrates to eat, along with some fallen fruit. It also has one of the largest egg-to-body weight ratios of any bird - the egg averages 15 per cent of the female's body weight (compared to two per cent for the ostrich).

This was little bit larger, but Kiwi bird's are really interesting to me, so I copy-paste more about them. Hope you don't mind because copy-paste but English is not my first language so I'm not sure I would be able to translate from Croatian to English this interesting fact. 😉

Ohh, forgot to post motto! Whoops, here it is 😃

---

I RAISE MY LEFT WING AND SAY, "WE WILL WITH ALL OUR MIGHT, SHOW LOVE TO EVERY BIRD IN SIGHT".

1,239 posts

ilovedoctorwho • 17 November 2013 at 3:21 PM

@byfelisa 😃 I was thinking of doing the tango with her, but I thought the salsa would be perfect! Birds are so fun, I love them ❤ī¸ Especially Moas! Even though they are extinct 😸 (I wore a fancy dress!)

Deleted • 17 November 2013 at 3:24 PM

@puppymaks
Lol, It's hard to make me cry, actually ... I don't cry from years, now. 😋 Btw, the video is blocked for some reason. :/ But If I wanted to see it I would do in DVD probably. 😋 I'm a horror movies fan more, actually. However thank you very much for searching for me! ❤ī¸

@byfelisa
I agree, we can learn a lot from birds ... but it's so sad we can't know the feelng of flying with wings, like they do. Maybe it's a little stupid, but I often dream to fly with wings, like a bird ... maybe it's a desire to feel the real feeling of freedom. Anyways, I always wake up happy after one of these dreams. ❤ī¸

Female
1,194 posts

puppymaks • 17 November 2013 at 3:30 PM

@wererage
Yeah, my mum is really sensitive when she watch films, so if I don't cry, she will 😋 NP ❤ī¸
Did you watch Piranhas? OMG, it so funny horror xD I love scene when propeller take hair from blond woman xD My friend and I was so laughing XD LOLZ XD

Deleted • 17 November 2013 at 3:32 PM

@puppymaks
Lol, my mother is all the contrary. xD
I think I took her character, a bit. I saw crying her just two or three times in all my life. We're like that ... If we feel we have to cry, we do it only when nobody can see or hear ...

Nope, I didn't heard about it, neither saw it. :/
But I should try it, I like scary horrors like Scary movie and such. 😋

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 17 November 2013 at 4:12 PM

Weeeeee!! That was just fine and glad you gave us more facts @puppymaks. There is never enough to learn right?
If you feel more comfortable copying and pasting that is alright.
Let you in on a little secret... I too do that for a lot of postings as don't have time to type everything; especially very long text. 😋

English is a hard language and trust this from someone who when little was spoken to in both English and Spanish. I spoke both for 4 years until my paternal grandma forbid any other languages spoken, read or watched in her house. Though, I speak English and do most in the language, my love is still Spanish. 😃

-------

@ilovedoctorwho the Tango is great too! I think either one with a tux and fancy dress, but so happy to see your post today and glad you joined in the activity. Neat! I thought only I loved extinct birds so this is really nice to see you love the Moa too. ❤ī¸
They are saying that there is another bird similar to the Dodo that lived even earlier on Earth. Hope we find out about more of them that existed.

-----

I love horror films also. I like the comedy ones like Scary Movie as well. My favorite all-time Horror actor is Vincent Price. Ever want to share some movies/books on horror that would be awesome @wererage! 😸

If only we could fly, I think that would be so grand. It does appear to be the most expression in freedom. To soar above the clouds and then dive back down towards Earth is an awe-inspiring experience from a bird's perspective and would love to have that ability to fly. It is a great dream to have and hope you never fail to keep dreaming to fly.

Who knows maybe one day we might be blessed with that gift even if it is for a short time. ❤ī¸

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 17 November 2013 at 4:20 PM

@byfelisa It would be great to fly like a bird... I once dreamt of doing it and it felt amazing. The air sliding around you, the smell of the coldness, and the thrill of diving down to Earth... Ahh....

Deleted • 17 November 2013 at 4:23 PM

@byfelisa
Mmmh, I think I heard about him ... he was in a old film called House of Wax, If I'm right. 😋

You may like some film of Dario Argento ... I suggest them all, because they're pretty old but they're amazing. ❤ī¸ Also, I suggest you Dead Silent, Silent Hill, The Hole (this one isn't really scary, but yeah), Julia's Eyes (the original title is Los ojos de Julia, I think), The Exorcist, The Astronaut's Wife and ... well, the Saw series.
If I remember any others i will write them down. ;-)

Ahhh, it would be the best gift it can be given to humanity ... the possibility too see things from a different view, too. 😊 I know I have such a bad healt, but someday I would love to be able to be near the sky somewhat ... like in balloon or hang gliding ... lol, it would be so amazing! 😸

Female
3,600 posts

spiritkoi • 17 November 2013 at 6:11 PM

The Alkub you bet on in the daily Alkub Race did not win! Place another bet! 6:00 pm

I bet on #4 😋

1,239 posts

ilovedoctorwho • 17 November 2013 at 6:34 PM

@byfelisa 'The Alkub you bet on in the daily Alkub Race did not win! Place another bet! 6:00 pm'
Aw... my bet was 1, too lazy to actually choose one at the time xD

Female
291 posts

ljacks • 17 November 2013 at 6:39 PM

Hi Everyone, good evening! 😊

The Alkub you bet on won the daily Alkub Race! 10,000 EC has been added to your account. (Bet on #5)

I saved a Bourbon Turkey and dressed him up country for a square dance...

---

Female
263 posts

hemester • 17 November 2013 at 6:43 PM

@byfelisa The Alkub you bet on in the daily Alkub Race did not win! Place another bet! I bet on #2 :'3

I rescued a Black Turkey and dress it up as a movie star because she dancing on the red carpet!!

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 17 November 2013 at 9:03 PM

The closest experience of freedom I had was on a motorcycle on open road going on seem like forever and was breath-taking! The feel of the air upon your face and all around you just incredible. 😃 If flying like a bird is even remotely similar than it would be heavenly @spiritkoi. I too wish to fly like a bird or at least be able to float in the air. Hehehe

@wererage 😊
Yes, that is him! He did many horror films later in his career. I did a profile on one of my creatures that features Vincent Price. He acted on some of Edgar A. Poe's work and just gave me chills. LOL
A must see is the House of Usher and The Raven.

I saw some of those so going to mark the ones I haven't and thanks for sharing some movies.

1935 - Bride of Frankenstein, 1956 - Invasion of the Body Snatchers, 1963 - The Birds and The Haunting, 1976 - Carrie, 1986 - The Fly

Comedies:
Abbot and Costello Meet The Mummy
Abbott and Costello Meet Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
Attack of the Killer Tomatoes & Return of the Killer Tomatoes
Beetlejuice
Fright Night
Once Bitten

These are some classics, however, there are some that are greater, but not sure to post those as they are really horrid and some gorey. 😋

You're so right about a different perspective/view on life looking downward. It is a wish and do believe they mostly come true.

I hope that for you! A chance to be free and no illness can prevent you from soaring high and being happy.

Imagine gliding and even hovering in the sky! ❤ī¸
One day I do plan on going in a hot air balloon, though I have an equilibrium problem and it affects how my body reacts to heights. It hasn't ever stop me from doing things. Can you see going up on a slide, looking down from a terrace apartment or climbing a mountain being an obstacle? I would even be in a swing and go up and suddenly get very dizzy or get vertigo. LOL
It was crazy and challenging when taking my girls to the park and the see saw was a pip. 😋

Thank you taking on the last task of Crazy Gizzards and playing the mini-game @hemester @ljacks @spiritkoi @ilovedoctorwho!! 😃

Female
291 posts

ljacks • 17 November 2013 at 9:28 PM

@byfelisa

Bettlejuice is an awesome movie! 😊 One of my favorites.

3,446 posts

chowchow2012 • 17 November 2013 at 9:40 PM

@byfelisa

I bet on Alkub 4 so I didn't win.

The Alkub you bet on in the daily Alkub Race did not win! Place another bet!

Also since I don't really eat turkey I don't know what kinds there are 😋. So I rescued a raw turkey and "dad" danced to celebrate (I can't dance so yeah XD)
~~~
Edgar A. Poe's works are really the creepiest. We did a short story of his last year, and watched it animated. It was only about 5-7 minutes long and I was pretty spooked. 😋

~~~

Female
407 posts

byfelisa • 17 November 2013 at 10:15 PM

That is so cool @ljacks! I love when he was trapped and couldn't get back. He didn't learn his lesson at all it seems, it was a great movie. 😊

I especially loved when they did the Day-O "Banana Boat" Song which is one of my favorites sung by Harry Belafonte. It had me hysterically laughing.

There is talk of a Beetlejuice 2 and I sure hope so as rumor has it that Michael Keaton will return. It would be divine if the whole cast stars in it again.
Let us keep our fingers crossed the movie comes out in 2014. 😃

Hi @chowchow2012!
How are you? Have you been rounding up Gobblers?

Thanks for playing the mini-game and joining in the last task. Yippie!!
Oh, have your Dad do all the work huh? You don't have to dance much just a little jig or two, you're saving a Turkey. LOL
Many don't eat the bird or even celebrate Thanksgiving so no worries there. 😸

Poe was a dark writer and poet. I think he appeals to our most hidden shadowy side of nature. He had to be tormented and/or possessed by something. However, his work intrigued me at first and then peeling back the layers it spoke to me as an artist.
Somehow, I identify with his madness.
Indeed his work is very creepy, a chiller thriller at best.

I imagine it was a great animated short story you did. 😃
Hehehe, definitely not the sort of work for the easy to faint.

---------

Speaking of which, is there any spooky thriller anyone likes or dislikes old or new that you can't quite forget?

I never liked Rosemary's Baby, though most consider it to be a horror film. It didn't affect me the same way most movies of horror do. I love the classic Abbot and Costello's take on meeting the horror monsters of legend. They had Bela Lugosi and Lon Chaney Jr. star in their movie which was a real treat. Two greats in the horror film world. 😸

Female
260 posts

hormone • 17 November 2013 at 11:52 PM

Deleted • 18 November 2013 at 4:47 AM

@byfelisa
Oh my wolf, i love Edgar Allan Poe! ❤ī¸ I read the The Pit and the Pendulum and the Raven, so i'll be sure to check back the film you mentioned! ^__^ Also, thank you very much for sharing these films as well: they might not be so recent, but neither Dario Argento's ones are, and they're amazing. .P
Plus, my mother loves horrors too, so I say once more a thank you from her. 😊

Lol, I dreamed again this night that I was flying. xD
There were like an epidemic on the earth, and my brother was infected (in the dream, eh!) ... so the first part of the dream revolved around me and my mother, sister & aunt fleeing from the infected city. Then we started to manifest the capacity of fly, and from the heat released while flying we were able to defeat the epidemic. Ahaha I make some really strange dreams sometimes ... my brother says that I'm not so creative in real life, but in dreams I unleashed. xD

I have equilibrium problems as well, and dizziness, of course but ... well, It's a think i should learn to live with. I'm not afraid of heights and I really hope one day I will be able to do this. We refuse so many occasions, and just because we fear ... but it's better try them, because then we wouldn't regret to not trying them. If that makes sense in my homemade english. xD

And I'm sure you'll do it as well. it must be beautiful to see the world on a balloon. ❤ī¸

-------