The *Almost* Free Stuff Charity!

in Chit-Chat

1,124 posts

bookw0rm • 6 October 2013 at 7:27 PM

@leafpelt
I'm in middle school, with way too much homework.

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 6 October 2013 at 7:35 PM

@bookw0rm
Woohoo yay for optimism!
And ugh ._. Middle school >.O
xD Homework >.>

1,124 posts

bookw0rm • 6 October 2013 at 7:37 PM

@sony
Exactly. It is very fun to write a rough draft of an essay in one night.

Anyone know what nail art is?

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 7 October 2013 at 12:58 AM

@bookw0rm
Hmm, nail art...
No idea what it is, is it like... manicure? xD

1,124 posts

bookw0rm • 7 October 2013 at 6:11 AM

@sony
Nail art is like drawing stuff on your nails with nail polish. I have a mustache painted on my thumb right now 😸

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 7 October 2013 at 7:31 AM

@bookw0rm
Woah o.O
Wait...
I'm confused xD
You school allows students to paint their nails? 😱

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 7 October 2013 at 1:07 PM

@bookw0rm Yes, I've heard of nail art, but our school doesn't allow it. (Most schools don't, I think. x3)

Non-binary
2,819 posts

lunacharm1037 • 7 October 2013 at 2:34 PM

@leafpelt
@cat
@pebblestar-nightclan
@chappus2009

It's a really nice thing you are doing..helping out a few coves like that ❤️ You are eggcave heroes 😃

1,124 posts

bookw0rm • 7 October 2013 at 6:47 PM

@sony @karamel
We are allowed to paint our nails how we want I think. It hasn't been a problem for me.

Female
5,630 posts

leafpelt • 7 October 2013 at 11:16 PM

@bookw0rm

It...gets worse...

But you'll enjoy High School (outside of homework) more...probably.

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 8 October 2013 at 1:05 AM

@bookw0rm
Woah *-*
That's strange.
My school doesn't allow hair-dying (because people in my country all have black hair x3, it's easy to tell who dyed their hair brown, lol~), and like... ear-pierce in one side, or nail paintings.
It's strict ._.
Asian schools are strict, or at least, just in my country.

1,124 posts

bookw0rm • 8 October 2013 at 7:00 AM

@leafpelt
That's nice to know. I personally live in the school library. As much as I can- lunch, and waiting for my bus.
@sony
A lot of people like, dip dye their hair, and have like strands painted a different color. A girl at my bus stop dyed all her hair magenta pink. I don't have any piercings (no earrings for me!) but a lot of people have a lot of different piercings. Our school is very not strict.

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 8 October 2013 at 11:44 AM

We're allowed to have piercings and earrings wherever but they have to be studs (for safety, and even then we have to use ear tape or take them off if possible for PE). Dip-dying and dying your hair whatever colour is okay but jewellery (rings, necklaces, bracelets, etc) isn't for safety and theft. 😋 Nail varnish or art isn't allowed either, but we can wear make-up (as it's a girls-only school).

The start and end of the academic year is always the worst--we have end-of-year exams for /all/ our subjects (testing /everything/ we've learnt) and all the projects are set at the beginning of the year. ;;

And then there are just end of unit/topic tests practically every month (if not more frequently) throughout the year.

In other news, apparently our teachers are going to go on strike (as well as a lot of others) so I might have a day off next week. x3

208 posts

hathor89 • 8 October 2013 at 12:15 PM

@sony Well, if you could see how students here go to school I think you would be totally shocked. 😃 Here some schools decided to finally introduce a dresscode because the girl's skirts have gotten shorter and shorter and the necklines became deeper and deeper so some male teachers felt molested. Just imagine this. It's...bad.
I think more strictness would do our students some good.

Trans Male
905 posts

cleokitty • 8 October 2013 at 12:23 PM

Elementry school! Which for me, is too easy. Why can't they level up 4'th grade! We're all on multiplication, i'm ready for long division! But I can't complain. This school has a lot of events! 😸..... But I mostly don't get to attend to them. Oh well. And we have rules about girl skirts, for example: put ou hands down to your side. Your skirt can't go any longer than your arm length. 😸 also we're not aloud to wear tank tops. To me it doesn't matter because I don't even have one. 😸

Female
481 posts

angelwolfeh • 8 October 2013 at 12:23 PM

@sony - Woah. What if I moved to Asia, though? I'm learning Mandarin in school, so I can do some simple communication, but not much. But if I came to your school, would I have detention for having originally brown hair? Just a question xD

@hathor89 - Ah, I've lived with a dress-code for ages. Sometimes I like to put on small fashion shows in my room. (Although my room is small, plus I have a big chair, a chest of drawers and the bed (Im tall so it's big.), I might bump into something while on the 'catwalk'. I just realized how girly that sounds, but oh well xD.) By the way, get well soon c;

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 8 October 2013 at 12:37 PM

@bookw0rm
Oh wow o.O
If that girl studied in school, I think she'd be banned for days for not following the school rules.
It's really strict ;-;

@karamel
Hmm, well, the rulebook doesn't say not to wear make-up, but I think no one has ever get the courage to do so! xD
IKR! >.O
I have tests every week from now on, and we have to study everything on every. single. freaking. subject ;-;
It's exhausting, and catching up is a tedious process.
And lol~ xD That sounds fun, at least you [will probably] have 1 day break. I have to study 6 days a week, about 5 - 6 hours everyday, so it's like... ;~; KILL ME ALREADY!

@hathor89
Ugh o.O
It definitely doesn't sound good. All schools in my country force students to wear uniforms, and for the girls, the dresses' lengths have to be longer than their knees, that means the upper parts from the knees remain hidden, which is a good thing, unlike... o.O
And yeah, I think some more strictness will do.

@cleokitty
Ugh, you'll take it back eventually xD
Elementary school is easy, but once you've got to higher classes, you'd wish you could get back to that old 4th grade xD We have to study lots of subjects, and there tons of things to remember, and it's getting harder everyday.
But yeah, with some efforts, things will do just fine.

@angelwolfeh
xD Oh lol~ Well, I think you might have to dye your hair black o.O
Haha, or maybe they'll consider you as a special case! 😸
By the way, I don't live in China xD Mandarin isn't spoken in my country either o.O

Trans Male
905 posts

cleokitty • 8 October 2013 at 12:41 PM

@sony
O.O. How many classes will I have to go to? Right now I only go to 3.

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 8 October 2013 at 12:42 PM

@cleokitty
Oh wow really? o.O
I'm not sure how it works in your country though.
I have to study like... 13 subjects xD
Each one of them is a miserable tragedy T^T
But meh, I can handle them xD

Female
481 posts

angelwolfeh • 8 October 2013 at 1:48 PM

@sony - Ah, okay xD. Im allergic to animal fur, and my Uncle brought his dog. My asthma was so bad, I had to stay off for a week. I DID NOT KNOW IT WAS TEST WEEK. Seriously, Lu and Grace were like: "Omaigawsh you missed all these tests!!!!" I haven't even finished them, and it's what, 2/3 weeks later? I guess I got off lucky xD.

Not gunna tell my life story, but today, in Literacy, we were doing about flashbacks.

Has anyone heard of 'The Piano' animation?

There was an elderly man, playing the piano, thinking back on his life. The first flashes were depressing for me. Im a crybaby. I have sadness problems, I easily get depressed and upset because I feel so guilty and I'm just so emotional.

Anyway....

The first flashback zooms into the man's hands. When the higher notes are played on the piano, another pair appear. These seem transparent and smaller to the man's. As it zooms up, it reveals the man and an elderly woman playing the piano together. She leans over to kiss the man on the cheek. As she leans, she is transparent against the man's shoulder. She looks sadly at him, then she fades.

ALMOST CRIED

The second flashback starts when a medic hat appears on the man's head. He runs to a brick wall in an army uniform, and there is another man in the same uniform. The friend shoots something, only to be shot back. As the friend passes, the old man holds him in his arms.

ALMOST CRIED.

To make it better, we watched Ellie and Carl's story from Up.

LETS TAKE A MOMENT TO REMEMBER HOW CARL IS SITTING THERE AT THE END OF THE FUNERAL.

I have a heart. I cried. And I cried hard.

I swear, I need to let it out.

So if I seem offended, ignore me. Im just upset today, and I could cry Justin Timberlake a river.

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 8 October 2013 at 2:46 PM

@cleokitty I'm guessing you have Maths, English and Science? 😋

Keep up the good work and don't procrastinate any homework--if you find it easy, get it over and done with! Procrastinating will become a bad habit as you grow older. 😉 Enjoy 4th grade whilst it lasts.

@sony Oh, when I heard you say 'districts' I thought that you were in America. x3 I've only heard of 'districts' in America (I live in England and we don't have districts--not sure what our equivalent of that is).

Eh, I have 17 (if you include the separate sciences, 20), so we're pretty similar. x3 But I don't go to school six days a week... Then again, we have 8 hours of school so it evens it out.

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 9 October 2013 at 1:49 AM

@angelwolfeh
I haven't really heard of The Piano animation, I guess I'll watch it later, but it does sound emotional.

And ugh, ._.
Up always makes people cry! xD The life of Ellie and Carl is just ;-; No words, just actions, yet incredibly beautiful.

Don't know whether it is rude to reply you with such a short and sweet comment, but xD I don't know what else to say.

What happened today? 😸

@karamel
Oh really? o.O
That's strange! We have like 24 districts in just my city! xD
Other provinces have more xD

That sounds harsh! D;
I'm going to study like that in the future oh God ;-;
Oh I see! ^^
And correction, I actually spend 8 hours a day at school (I wasn't including PE before xP)
But I study not as many subjects as you do.

Also, remember that selective test?
The results will be announced tomorrow ;-;
I have that weird feeling that I'm not going to make it! D;

Female
5,630 posts

leafpelt • 9 October 2013 at 3:52 AM

@bookw0rm

I love that place. Sadly, it's not so quiet at our school. :/

208 posts

hathor89 • 9 October 2013 at 8:15 AM

@angelwolfeh
Thanks a lot. 😊 Already feeling a little better...or at least not worse. 😃
I loved having small fashion shows as well when I was younger. And I'm not the very girly kind. 😃 So I do understand that very well. 😉 I never had anything catwalk-like though. 😃
And I do get depressed very easily, too. *hugs* When I had this freakin unneccessary course I had to take to keep my driving license, I panicked the weekend before it took place...and afterwards...I'm still working on forgetting these videos we were forced to watch about driving accidents...I nearly cried after the first one...and really cried after the second one because it was so tragic. So easily ruined lifes, in just a second...nothing is like it was before. Bah...don't want to talk about that any more.^^

@sony: That'd be perfect for here. 😃 The dresscodes I talked about look somewhat similar. But without the uniforms. That's sad somehow...I would like my daughter to have to wear a uniform. Just to avoid hours she stands in front of her clothes asking herself what to wear. 😃

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 9 October 2013 at 11:12 AM

@sony Oh gosh, good luck! I really hope you'll make it into the competition. ❤️ Even if you don't, it's not the end of the world or your academic career--you'll still have /loads/ of other opportunites. c:

@angelwolfeh Oh, I get emotional very easily. :c *hugs tight* I completely know what you mean. We watched Romeo & Juliet quite a while ago and I almost cried at that.

Trans Male
905 posts

cleokitty • 9 October 2013 at 11:23 AM

@karamel
Yup. Math science and English. My best subject is science because we get jelly beans to observe. 😸

@sony
13 subjects! '.' Wow. That must be a hand full!

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 9 October 2013 at 11:32 AM

@cleokitty Lucky you. 😋 I have:

- Maths
- English
- Chemistry
- Physics
- Biology
- History
- Geography
- Religious Studies
- Music
- Art
- Physical Education
- ICT
- Latin
- French
- German
- Textiles
- Product Design
- Food Technology
- Personal Social Health and Citizenship Education (PSHCE)
- Drama and/or Citizenship (changes every term)

Yeah... it's sort of a lot. x3 Science experiments in primary school are always fun! I remember we got to suck--not chew or swallow! But we could move them around with our tongues--starchy foods and see how long it took before they were completely 'dissolved' by the enzymes (chemicals) in our saliva. 😸

Trans Male
905 posts

cleokitty • 9 October 2013 at 11:36 AM

@karamel
Wow. That is a lot! Right now in science, we're studying monarchs. And their migration.... Also we're making a monarch to send to Mexico. Pretty cool. 😸 what are you studying for science?

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 9 October 2013 at 11:43 AM

@cleokitty Chemistry, Physics and Biology are all sciences--just different aspects. 😉 Right now in Chemistry we're studying the periodic table (basically different elements), in Physics we're studying different aspects of pressure and in Biology we've got a 'major' topic (where we spend more time on it than a normal topic) about the human body. x3

Monarchs as in the butterflies? That's awesome! And you're /making/ a monarch? 😱

Trans Male
905 posts

cleokitty • 9 October 2013 at 11:50 AM

@karamel
Yup. Out of a folder. I was really hoping we were going to make a robot monarch, but turns out we are just goin to mail it to Mexico. Oh! And do you dissect things in science? One time my big sis dissected a sheep eye. I'm not on dissecting animals, I'm intrested in dissecting insects..... Because their so small....