The *Almost* Free Stuff Charity!

in Chit-Chat

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 9 October 2013 at 12:10 PM

@cleokitty Ah, I thought you meant a real or a robot one. I guess that would be pretty difficult (and expensive). xP

Not at the moment (not too sure we'd be dissecting a human body for Biology xD) but at my old school the teacher did a demonstration of dissecting a sheep's (or pig's; I can't remember) eye. It smelt horrible. x3 Early last year the teacher also dissected a bird.

That was at my old school, though; at my new school, we just got to dissect flowers. I used to go to a private (independent) school so they had a lot of money for resources. My new school is funded by the government, so we only get the bare necessities (i.e. textbooks and exercise books; nothing else) for lessons--other things, the school has to fund it themselves. We often have to be in groups of 4 because there isn't enough equipment for one each (or even pairs).

You usually get to do more advanced things like dissections in high school (in the US; here in England it's just past your GCSEs) and university, though. 😉

What do you want to be when you grow up? ;p

Trans Male
905 posts

cleokitty • 9 October 2013 at 2:26 PM

@karamel
Wow! Id rather dissect a flower than a sheep eye. ( must be very oderous ) I love flowerz. And when I grow up, I'm thinkin of owning a bakery and being a baker.

@ @ @ @ @
() (). (). () ()
~~~~~~~~~
: ********** :
: ~~~~~~~~ : <- CAKE
: ********* :
~~~~~~~~~~

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 9 October 2013 at 2:47 PM

@cleokitty Both were quite smelly, actually. xD One was more pleasant than the other though. 😋

Oooh, cake! *-* Have you made your own recipes? xP

Trans Male
905 posts

cleokitty • 9 October 2013 at 3:02 PM

@karamel
No, not yet.... I'm not even allowed to touch the oven. XD but I have a small easy bake oven which I bake miniature cake and cookies with. I made a fudge cooking once, my big sister said it was delicious, but since the easy bake was a hand-me-down, it only had 2 mixes. I made 1 cake and 2 cookies... But since my birthday is coming up on October 19'th, I'm hoping my parents get me more mixes so I can make more devil cakes and fudge cookies and more! Yay! Go easy bake!!

1,124 posts

bookw0rm • 9 October 2013 at 7:39 PM

@sony
Wow. Sounds better than my school in some ways.
@karamel
I only have 9 subjects/7 periods a day, and there are A days and B days and Fridays alternate.
@cleokitty
It really depends. You will have a lot.

We have the ugly PE uniforms, if we have piercings we have to take them off or cover with our band-aids. Hair must be tied back. No jewelry. Also, we do cross-country (even in rain-not fun, don't try it), soccer (we get homework for it), and other stuff. Summary: not fun.

Trans Male
905 posts

cleokitty • 9 October 2013 at 9:17 PM

@bookw0rm
Wow. I had soccer when I was young..... It was aweful. I had to go out in the boilin summer heat, rain and in the freezing cold (which I didn't mind much because I like the cold ❤️)
And... PE outfits?! NOOO! I want to stick to my cup cake shirts!.... And I hate putting my hair up! '.' WHYY are things soooo cruel!!!! T.T I'm so sorry. And since I don't have my ears pierced I guess I don't have I worry about that..

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 10 October 2013 at 12:46 PM

@cleokitty Ooh, yummy--cake and cookies! o3o

Tomorrow we're going to make plain bread in Food Tech as part of our 'bread project'--we have to make up 4 of our own flavours and make one plain loaf, all of those 4 and our best loaf (i.e. making 6 loaves). x_x;;

You'll have to get used to putting your hair up if you're interested in science (especially Chemistry) and its experiments. Or making food--I'd hardly like it if I found a hair in my cake! 😋

@bookw0rm Oh yeah; we have A and B weeks as well. I'm still not used to it despite being here for a few years now. x3 Cross-country is the opposite of 'fun'... The first time I did it (the /first/ time, which meant my stamina sucked), it was winter and it was about 2 degrees Celsius (35.6 Fahrenheit). And it was outside! It was triple PE as well, so that meant the entire afternoon was spent doing cross-country non-stop to build up our stamina. That is 3 hours of cross-country. ;;

I can't imagine it being in the rain, though. Dx We didn't have to do PE outside if it was raining or really damp.

Trans Male
905 posts

cleokitty • 10 October 2013 at 12:49 PM

@karamel
Ok! No hair cupcakes! No hair cakes!

1,124 posts

bookw0rm • 10 October 2013 at 8:44 PM

@cleokitty
Yep, no earrings, no problem. The hair though, if you don't have a hair tie you need a rubberband. They pull out your hair. PE isn't fun
@karamel
I feel sorry for you, 3 hours of gym...... since it is like a monsoon right now (raining ALL DAY, literally) we got to stay inside.

40 posts

charity • 26 October 2013 at 4:52 PM

Hey Guys!

@Charity will be holding some Halloween Raffles. Instructions are on the wall, and I'll draw the winners via random.org.

There will be various raffles at various times. I will not tell the creatures because I'm feeling evil. 😋

Post away! Chat, hang out, etc. 😃

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 26 October 2013 at 5:33 PM

@cleokitty
@karamel

I've dissected a flower, sheep's eye, pig's heart and a pig's brain

It smelled like strong steak

Female
849 posts

serpentslide • 27 October 2013 at 9:25 AM

@mastergemma I have not disected anything but it sounds interesting... 😊

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 27 October 2013 at 4:42 PM

@charity Aw, did we miss it? D:

@mastergemma The brain must have smelt. *cringe*

We're set to have a very strong storm tomorrow with winds of 80-90mph (130kph-145kph). I'm scared our house will collapse or be damaged. ;;

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 27 October 2013 at 4:49 PM

@karamel
If that was where I lived I'd be partying XD
We barely ever get wild weather, we just get strange weather XD
Sunny then raining in 10 minutes time. Last week there was hail but it was a pretty light sky XD

The brain didn't smell much at all... the bag did though XDXD

40 posts

charity • 27 October 2013 at 7:23 PM

@karamel

Technically, yes. 😋 But I'll Set up another first raffle, and extend it. That'll give a better chance..

1,124 posts

bookw0rm • 27 October 2013 at 7:58 PM

@mastergemma
Cool! I've dissected a raw chicken wing.

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 28 October 2013 at 12:37 AM

Wowee now that is a thing to do!
@bookw0rm

Female
4,807 posts

karamel • 28 October 2013 at 4:34 AM

@mastergemma Erm, not if your roof was blown off. 😋

(You can just search "st. jude's day storm" on Google if you're interested.)

And it's a Monday morning at the rush hour, so traffic is pretty bad. Luckily it's half-term for me so I get this week off. And my dad just returned from China yesterday in the evening and the rain /just/ started after he came home. :x

"The weather forecast for Europe is for more stormy, wet weather in the north and west, increasing summer dryness in the south, prolonged heatwaves overall, and a general decrease in the number of intensely cold spells – at least until 2060."

So storms, heatwaves and freezing climates. That's helpful as to what I'll wear tomorrow. xD

As for le jus de citrouille... Je n'aime pas le jus de citrouille. Je prefere le jus d'orange. c:

Female
4,623 posts

mastergemma • 28 October 2013 at 4:46 AM

@karamel 😋
The worst thing in my country are the bush fires
We aren't supposed to get Hurricanes (we got one about a week ago...), no tsunamis (where I live, not for the rest of my country), no bad earthquakes (geologically improbable) but we do get the heavy rains XD

Gotta love the weather XD

Female
5,630 posts

leafpelt • 28 October 2013 at 8:39 PM

@aliney
@pirran
@rp_lover
@jemmie
@viviladi

@charity's status....

2,688 posts

aliney • 28 October 2013 at 8:44 PM

@leafpelt
Haha thanks for pinging me. Pretty good idea you started here(:

Female
123 posts

pirran • 28 October 2013 at 8:48 PM

I was pinged >_>

What donations would you be after, aside from pets?

Female
5,630 posts

leafpelt • 28 October 2013 at 11:12 PM

@aliney @pirran

I pinged you guys to tell you about the contest. Not ask for creatures. 😋

Read @charity's profile on how to enter. And don't forget to tell others!

Female
123 posts

pirran • 29 October 2013 at 2:47 PM

@leafpelt
I know, but what if I want to donate instead? 😋

Female
5,630 posts

leafpelt • 29 October 2013 at 7:46 PM

@pirran

I rather you join. 😋 And tell others to join. 😋 You'll get free cookies. *shows a platter of giant cookies*

Tempting enough? 😉

Female
123 posts

pirran • 29 October 2013 at 9:31 PM

@leafpelt

I'm getting suspicious! No one's ever offered me cookies in an attempt to -stop- me donating, before. 😋

Female
5,630 posts

leafpelt • 29 October 2013 at 10:27 PM

@pirran

Seriously. 😋 I'm getting annoyed because this thread is dying. Post people, post! XD

Talk, enter the contest (I'm extending the first raffle.) We need some happier ECers!!

Oh, by the way, punch is on the table to your left. *points to table with black tablecloth* 😃

Female
737 posts

inkpelt • 29 October 2013 at 10:51 PM

@leafpelt, @pirran

Hello! I'm loving this colder weather!

Erm, I still need to carve my pumpkins, but I'm so busy with school!

Female
2,174 posts

dream-within-a-dream • 29 October 2013 at 11:38 PM

@pebblestar-nightclan @leafpelt is this still going on?? 😉 hopefully there will be a giveaway for Halloween creatures!! 😃

Non-binary
8,707 posts

pebblestar-nightclan • 29 October 2013 at 11:42 PM

@dream-within-a-dream
Yes, it's still going on. 😊
Just slowly. XD