Side Account Suggestion [Example Included]

in Site Feedback & Ideas

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 23 June 2013 at 1:34 AM

I kind of don't like the idea of creating a whole new account, so I was thinking and thinking, and came up with this idea I'm sure a lot of you would probably like. We should have a side account panel, which will give us the ability to create three sides through the panel. Side accounts will not have access to the forums, or any other special site navigation, it'll just be a creature holding cove all Eggcave users can access to feed, view, etc. This will prevent users from breaking rules that was giving to go along with side accounts, and we will no longer need them.

Here's a example of how it could possibly look!
http://i.imgur.com/xNscVK7.png

- In the side account panel, we need to link our side accounts as we do so in EggCavern. Then we can transfer the creatures with our sides without any interference of the trade centers [super useful for transferring accounts with 200+ creatures]. Stalking the AC takes a lot of time. Like you wont get enough junk eggs soon, it takes me days for transferring creatures. X.x
Say when these accounts are linked, you can instantly take anything which you want from your accounts and take it without any long transfers
- @frosted

- It's a good idea, indeed! But I thought it would be easier to just link all the accounts with one e-mail instead of having to do all the extra coding. And once that e-mail has been used four times (one main and three sides) it can no longer be used for making accounts. And you can just say in preferences or whatever which account is the main account. And then it could track to see if you are using the dailies from accounts other than the account marked your main
- @whispers

- I absolutely love it! However, I think the side accounts should still have access to Forums. Some people make sides for the sole purpose of RPing and the like. Also, in my case, I'm trading off most of my creatures on this account, but since I spend most of my time here now, I don't want to have to go back to my main every time I want to post/reply in the Forums.
- @more

Deleted • 23 June 2013 at 2:46 AM

@fakeworld
love this idea 😉
it'd make things so much easier.

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 23 June 2013 at 2:58 AM

@hybridrainbow Exactly, I'm glad you ❤️ it!

Deleted • 23 June 2013 at 4:08 AM

@fakeworld
I guess side accounts should be allowed access to certain forums as whenever a long guide such as a creature/travel guide, or an auction consisting of a lot of creatures is held, they'll need to post with their sides or maybe do Derp posts with their sides [in the case of auctions as they need frequent updating]
Sides accounts should be not allowed and a page displaying a warning [This page is not allowed for side accounts] should come when the Cave, Asteroid and Advent Tree are opened with the side account.

Female
1,984 posts

tralala22 • 23 June 2013 at 4:25 AM

@fakeworld
Really like the idea, but if we already have a side account, do we just delete it?

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 23 June 2013 at 4:41 AM

@frosted Nice, not only a warning (people would probably still attempt to), but the parts of the website should be probably locked from gaining access when on sides [The page you have requested cannot be unlocked, due to you attempting to load this specific page on a side, which is prohibited. Perhaps trying your main and revisiting].

@tralala22 I was actually thinking this when creating the topic, I'm not sure honestly, but I guess they'll just be able to go through a process of deleting side accounts, transferring all their creatures to their side coves, if possible.

Thank you both! 😊

Deleted • 23 June 2013 at 4:55 AM

@fakeworld
An ultimate and superb addition to this suggestion:-
In the side account panel, we need to link our side accounts as we do so in EggCavern. Then we can transfer the creatures with our sides without any interference of the trade centers [super useful for transferring accounts with 200+ creatures]. Stalking the AC takes a lot of time. Like you wont get enough junk eggs soon, it takes me days for transferring creatures. X.x
Say when these accounts are linked, you can instantly take anything which you want from your accounts and take it without any long transfers

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 23 June 2013 at 5:11 AM

@frosted Added your idea to the topic, I love it. ❤️

Deleted • 24 June 2013 at 8:16 PM

PINGS
@glados
@immortalraven
@littlepuffyball
@sony
@more

Female
1,197 posts

littlepuffyball • 24 June 2013 at 8:56 PM

@fakeworld @frosted I love it!! I hope Ian decides to do it.

Pings: @ems @rojoqueen @brunosc

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 24 June 2013 at 9:05 PM

@frosted Thanks for the pings ❤️

@littlepuffyball Thanks, and I hope he does it too. 😊

PINGS
@newlife
@semo2005
@unipeggirl
@twilight_raptor
@trauma

Non-binary
7,220 posts

whispers • 24 June 2013 at 9:06 PM

It's a good idea, indeed! But I thought it would be easier to just link all the accounts with one e-mail instead of having to do all the extra coding. And once that e-mail has been used four times (one main and three sides) it can no longer be used for making accounts. And you can just say in preferences or whatever which account is the main account. And then it could track to see if you are using the dailies from accounts other than the account marked your main 😋

My thoughts though. Your idea is still great ^^

Deleted • 24 June 2013 at 9:09 PM

PINGS
@zero_chaos
@steph
@bubblez
@puppymaks
@trish

Female
454 posts

semo2005 • 24 June 2013 at 9:09 PM

@fakeworld I like this idea cause it takes so long cause I need to log in and log out on the same computer

Female
2,920 posts

mairbear • 24 June 2013 at 9:11 PM

@fakeworld I love this idea XD I'm a neat freak so I always end up spending ages making sure all my creatures are where they're supposed to be

@whispers Yesh! I had to scramble to find emails to use for my sides >.<

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 24 June 2013 at 9:18 PM

@whispers I'm just going to put everyones ideas and thoughts in the thread. 😊

@semo2005 @mairbear
I'm glad everyone ❤️ it.

Deleted • 24 June 2013 at 9:32 PM

@fakeworld I absolutely love it! 😃 However, I think the side accounts should still have access to Forums. 😋 Some people make sides for the sole purpose of RPing and the like. Also, in my case, I'm trading off most of my creatures on this account, but since I spend most of my time here now, I don't want to have to go back to my main every time I want to post/reply in the Forums.

Female
5,680 posts

trish • 24 June 2013 at 9:50 PM

@fakeworld This is an excellent idea. 😃 Like frosted said, I would love to transfer creatures back and forth to and from my side accounts without having to hassle with setting up lots and switching and everything. In the panel, you could select what you'd like to do.

Like booking mortal critters in any of your storages with your main account and its EC. *-* Though yeah, everything should be linked to one e-mail.

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 24 June 2013 at 9:52 PM

@more Added 😊
@trish Yeah, I'm glad you both like it though. ❤️

Deleted • 24 June 2013 at 9:53 PM

@fakeworld Thanks. 😊

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 24 June 2013 at 9:53 PM

@more No problem. 😸

Deleted • 24 June 2013 at 10:10 PM

Conclusions
Side Account Panel:-
* Links all side accounts and restricts all daily activities [fakeworld] Limit of side accounts: 3 (becomes 4 in total with the main account). Opening a daily activity page would show a entry restricted page (if its on purpose or by mistake as well)
* Creatures in side accounts can be managed by the main account without having to switch. Thus, heavy transfers of 200+ creatures can be made easier to go. Linking side accounts would be like linking the accounts on EC with eggcavern and so [frosted]
* All accounts can be made into one single email. Only a total of 4 accounts per email. [whispers]
* If you are in process of making a new account to transfer the creatures, you can get a 5th account temporarily added to your panel for a week. [dailies still restricted] - This can only be done my mods on sending a ticket. If the account limit hasnt reached 4 within a week, the extra account would be deleted and the person would get a warning. This isnt supposed to be a joke [frosted]
* Booking of Tims for side accounts by a single main account [trish]
* Side accounts can access certain forums for trading, RPs etc. [more]
* Certain topics like raffles, contests and lucky draws would have a filtering option to disable any interference from side accounts. To make it fair and safe. [frosted]
* It is compulsory to verify all side accounts [upto how much you own] for reference for moderators but it is optional to show all/any of your side accounts in your profile. [frosted] Those who have secret do not view sides can be kept a secret.
* You can transfer CC from your side accounts to your main, but for this option, you'd have to get a verification that all accounts operate from one single Internet Protocol Address and no illegal CC trade is happening [frosted]
* Out of topic suggestion, but in the travels inventory, there should be a select all button for mass sending all travels to a side account. For the ease of large auctions, there must be a selection to tick those which you want to send in bulk to someone who won the auction/is doing the trade. [frosted]
* Strongroom locked for side accounts to prevent multiple collection of interest per day. [frosted]
* Travel inventory and storage of side accounts is manageable by the main account. [frosted]
If anybody has more ideas, feel free to give them in. I am soon working on an overall suggestion topic.

Deleted • 24 June 2013 at 10:35 PM

@fakeworld @frosted

It would be great if we could also have PINs for added security, just in case something unfortunate happens.
They could be optional, and we can choose where we'd like to have to enter it. Like especially when buying something with our CC, removing travels and trading.

I never log out and I'd like to see this implemented to protect our accounts from nosy relatives and so on. >.>

Female
108 posts

steph • 24 June 2013 at 10:53 PM

@fakeworld

I really like this idea, especially the transferring of creatures from one side account to another. I have two side accounts that contain creatures and it can be quite a hassle to transfer five creatures at a time through the trading center. Then you have to log out and log back in, track down your lot from your side account, offer, log out and then back in---and then do this fifty more times. 😋

It would be wonderful if we could transfer, not only our creatures from one account to another, but also our EC and things from our inventory. If our accounts were somehow joined, which I believe is the main goal you are suggesting here, it would make things so much easier.

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 24 June 2013 at 11:22 PM

@hybridrainbow @steph I wish I can add both of your thoughts, but It'll exceed the character limit. 😊

@frosted I like the way you did it. ❤️

Female
108 posts

steph • 24 June 2013 at 11:26 PM

@fakeworld

Haha! No worries. 😸

Male
2,762 posts

fakeworld • 24 June 2013 at 11:28 PM

@steph Lol yah 😊 I'm glad you all like it though.

Deleted • 25 June 2013 at 2:56 AM

@fakeworld
Should have done some posts for space right there. XD You can edit the third post though.
As I have a lot of out of topic suggestions in my mind, soon I'll be making an overall site suggestion topic including there and more.

Male
1,503 posts

sony • 25 June 2013 at 3:26 AM

@fakeworld
Hmm, I bet this is a really useful idea for people who have side accounts ^^
I personally only have 1 account xD
But yeah, still supporting this \m/

And I love the idea of having PINs and stuffs, it secures ECs better =D

Good luck getting this made~ 😸

@Ian

Male
1,610 posts

clayosaurusrex • 25 June 2013 at 1:56 PM

@fakeworld

This is a good idea!

It would also be great if we could get Tim's for creatures on our sides without having to transfer EC and logging into the side.